PDA

View Full Version : Black to go at left tackle IF Turley can't?

Mr. Laz
09-27-2006, 03:11 PM
Turley didn't practice ... i guess Black is the 1st option as replacement.

per 810 ...... discussing Herm press conference.

said something about svitek jumping offsides in practice as part of the reason why he's not the primary backup. :shrug:

JBucc
09-27-2006, 03:12 PM

Rooster
09-27-2006, 03:14 PM
:banghead: :deevee: :banghead: :deevee:

SBK
09-27-2006, 03:14 PM
If Black starts be sure to play SF defense in your fantasy leagues as they'll have 8+ sacks.

Tactical Funky
09-27-2006, 03:16 PM
Huard is going to become a human crash test dummy on Sunday if I-65 ends up playing...

:banghead:

beer bacon
Black has no future at tackle. Absolutely none. At least play someone who might develop into a starting calibur tackle.

Honestly, I don't see how Svitek could be any worse then Black. Black gave up 4.5 sacks playing RIGHT tackle against the Bengals. He will get absolutely destroyed at LT.

FAX
Pass the pills, TO.

FAX

JBucc
09-27-2006, 03:17 PM
IIRC the niners are a pretty good pass rushing team

Rooster
09-27-2006, 03:18 PM
Pass the pills, TO.

FAX

LMAO LMAO Oh my God!!! rep to you.. :LOL:

Chiefs Pantalones
09-27-2006, 03:22 PM
I thought God hated the Chiefs when Denver beat NE last Sunday. If Black starts at LT, it will no longer be a thought, it will be a fact.

Easy 6
09-27-2006, 03:23 PM
The third Angel blew his trumpet, and there followed hail and fire,mixed with blood, which fell on the earth; and a third of the earth was burnt up, and a third of the trees were burnt up, and all of the green grass was burnt up. The second Angel blew his trumpet, and something like a great mountain, burning with fire, was thrown into the sea; and a third of the sea became blood, a third of the living creatures of the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed. The third Angel blew his trumpet and a great star fell from Heaven...............

Lzen
09-27-2006, 03:23 PM
I-65

WTF are the coaches thinking?

kc rush
09-27-2006, 03:26 PM
said something about svitek jumping offsides in practice as part of the reason why he's not the primary backup. :shrug:

I'd rather have a tackle jump offsides/false start a few times a game than have the quarterback sacked all day.

With the penalty you just lose yards, with Blacks ole move you lose yards and QBs.

Hydrae
09-27-2006, 03:27 PM
Run Damon, run!

jynni
09-27-2006, 03:28 PM
Perhaps this is Herm's secret plan to get rid of Huard so he can start Croyle?

Chiefs Pantalones
Run Damon, run!

lol

pretty much

noa
I say we throw Svitek in there. We already know what Black is (in)capable of, so why not put Svitek to the test? Either way, we're in trouble.

siberian khatru
09-27-2006, 03:31 PM
Man, I thought they were stubborn with Trezelle Jenkins.

FringeNC
Is it Turley's back?

OnTheWarpath15
DAMNIT CARL!

I just changed my I-65 sig.......

Guess I'll be breakin' it back out.....

hawkchief
09-27-2006, 03:35 PM
Ole` senor Huard!

StcChief
09-27-2006, 03:37 PM
Svitek?

Mr. Laz
09-27-2006, 03:38 PM
Is it Turley's back?
yes ...... it was called "back soreness" iirc.

OnTheWarpath15
09-27-2006, 03:41 PM
Expect to hear the name Manny Lawson quite a bit on Sunday.....

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-27-2006, 03:43 PM
So, let me get this correct: Our backup LT jumped the snap too early, so we are instead going to put a turnstyle in his stead to punish him??? The last time I checked, a sack was much, much worse than a false start, since not only do you lose yardage, you lose a down, and your f*cking quarterback gets hit. How f*cking dumb do you have to be to coach in the NFL? My God.

jspchief
09-27-2006, 03:48 PM
I think I've seen enough of Black to determine I'd rather take a chance on Svitek's penalties. At least give hime a chance to do it in a real game.

blueballs
09-27-2006, 03:49 PM
810 2pm-6pm
Kevin Ketzman show
etch it in stone

dtebbe
09-27-2006, 03:51 PM
Does that make him I-65 south?

http://stopwatches.com/pix/jordanblack_lt.jpg

DT

blueballs
09-27-2006, 03:53 PM
I would believe gochiefs is tapping Carrie Underwood
before I believed a word out that clown's mouth

dirk digler
09-27-2006, 03:56 PM
We're doomed for real

Can this season get any worse?

DMAC
09-27-2006, 04:04 PM
They would have better luck with Torso Boy starting at LT.

Bob Dole
09-27-2006, 04:09 PM
Please God, let this be a cruel joke.

Basileus777
09-27-2006, 04:16 PM
IIRC the niners are a pretty good pass rushing team

The 49ers pass rush is a (one of many) weakness of that D. Their only pass rusher of note if a rookie who had one good game.
They aren't a good pass rushing team, but neither were the Bengals. In either case, we are screwed if Black starts.

jspchief
09-27-2006, 04:18 PM
The 49ers pass rush is a (one of many) weakness of that D. Their only pass rusher of note if a rookie who had one good game.
They aren't a good pass rushing team, but neither were the Bengals. In either case, we are screwed if Black starts.They have 12 sacks on the year. I wouldn't call averaging 3 sacks per game a weakness.

JBucc
09-27-2006, 04:20 PM
They aren't a good pass rushing team, but neither were the Bengals. In either case, we are screwed if Black starts.Last year they were terrible, but they have 12 sacks so far this year, 4th in the NFL.

Basileus777
09-27-2006, 04:23 PM
Last year they were terrible, but they have 12 sacks so far this year, 4th in the NFL.

I stand corrected. I only saw them play the Eagles where their pass rush wasn't very good. I now see they had 6 sacks against the Rams.

beer bacon
09-27-2006, 04:38 PM
I stand corrected. I only saw them play the Eagles where their pass rush wasn't very good. I now see they had 6 sacks against the Rams.

There was actually a 49ers fan around here or chiefscoalition that said their pass rush wasn't as good as it looked on paper. That said, it would be very nice if the Chiefs were averaging 4 sacks a game.

Rain Man
09-27-2006, 05:07 PM
So, let me get this correct: Our backup LT jumped the snap too early, so we are instead going to put a turnstyle in his stead to punish him??? The last time I checked, a sack was much, much worse than a false start, since not only do you lose yardage, you lose a down, and your f*cking quarterback gets hit. How f*cking dumb do you have to be to coach in the NFL? My God.

Seems to me like we're just punishing Huard.

the Talking Can
09-27-2006, 05:10 PM
0-3

if Turley is out our season is over...

Phobia
09-27-2006, 05:14 PM
Laz is using Kevin Keitzman as a source of Chiefs news? Come on Laz. You can't be serious.

milkman
09-27-2006, 05:17 PM
0-3

if Turley is out our season is over...

Before it's even started.

Calcountry
09-27-2006, 05:29 PM
IIRC the niners are a pretty good pass rushing teamThis is correct.

2bikemike
09-27-2006, 06:07 PM
Well you can argue whether or not SF is a good pass rush team if I-65 starts they will be all world come sunday.

HemiEd
09-27-2006, 06:09 PM
****! I am trying to enjoy my warmed up ribs and see shit like this! :banghead:

B_Ambuehl
09-27-2006, 06:11 PM
Perhaps this is Herm's secret plan to get rid of Huard so he can start Croyle?

Naa....it's so he can bring in Vinnie. Vinnie said he would only come if he could be first or 2nd string. :)

Iowanian
09-27-2006, 06:44 PM
Svitek must be absolutely horrible.

I think I'd rather see gochiefs start at LT than HWY 65.

Mr. Laz
09-27-2006, 06:49 PM
Laz is using Kevin Keitzman as a source of Chiefs news? Come on Laz. You can't be serious.
:LOL:

you ....... talking about source reliability :eek:

ROFL

besides it wasn't Kietzman ... it was a report from the Herm edwards' press conference.

Frazod
09-27-2006, 06:51 PM
Hey, didn't Whitlock just get fired? Put his big ass in there. Anybody but Jordan Sack. :doh!:

Rexi
09-27-2006, 06:54 PM
Rookie ROLB Manny Lawson should be going against the LT most of the game, I'll be interested if he can exploit this apparent weakness on the Chiefs offense. Speed is his rushing style so if you don't get a handle on him an immobile QB could be in trouble. Also remember this name: Brandon Moore. He's a versatile young LB who is more suited at ILB but he moves around to OLB on both sides. He is in the rotation with ILB's Ulbrich and D.Smith and is probably the best at rushing the passer, he is an up and coming player. I think he'll take the starting job from D.Smith eventually.

Frazod
09-27-2006, 06:56 PM
Rookie ROLB Manny Lawson should be going against the LT most of the game, I'll be interested if he can exploit this apparent weakness on the Chiefs offense. Speed is his rushing style so if you don't get a handle on him an immobile QB could be in trouble. Also remember this name: Brandon Moore. He's a versatile young LB who is more suited at ILB but he moves around to OLB on both sides. He is in the rotation with ILB's Ulbrich and D.Smith and is probably the best at rushing the passer, he is an up and coming player. I think he'll take the starting job from D.Smith eventually.

If Sack's in the lineup, the weakness won't be apparent - it'll be GLARING.

Iowanian
09-27-2006, 06:58 PM
The Chiefs will have no choice but to line jason Dunn up on the left side to help Black cover Huard's blind side.

Rexi
09-27-2006, 07:01 PM
Well you can argue whether or not SF is a good pass rush team if I-65 starts they will be all world come sunday.
I don't think we the Niners are a good pass rushing team. Those sack numbers can be deceiving. A lot of those were on blitz packages with DB's getting the sacks against the terrible Arizona O-Line and the Rams had an injury to Pace early. Their line isn't anything to write home about minus Pace. Those sack numbers are great but the 49ers do not consistently gain pressure on the passer from the front 7 alone. A lot of our personnel simply don't fit the 3-4 which we run a significant amount of the time. We simply do not have all the pieces yet, we need to draft more true 3-4 style LB's (sometimes DE's in college) and some bigger space eaters on the defensive line.

beer bacon
09-27-2006, 07:07 PM
I don't think we the Niners are a good pass rushing team. Those sack numbers can be deceiving. A lot of those were on blitz packages with DB's getting the sacks against the terrible Arizona O-Line and the Rams had an injury to Pace early. Their line isn't anything to write home about minus Pace. Those sack numbers are great but the 49ers do not consistently gain pressure on the passer from the front 7 alone. A lot of our personnel simply don't fit the 3-4 which we run a significant amount of the time. We simply do not have all the pieces yet, we need to draft more true 3-4 style LB's (sometimes DE's in college) and some bigger space eaters on the defensive line.

If Black starts at LT, you can count on getting another six-ten sacks. Hell, Black may make Manny into a starter, or even put him on the fast track to DROY.

JBucc
09-27-2006, 07:07 PM
I don't think we the Niners are a good pass rushing team. Those sack numbers can be deceiving. A lot of those were on blitz packages with DB's getting the sacks against the terrible Arizona O-Line and the Rams had an injury to Pace early. Their line isn't anything to write home about minus Pace. Those sack numbers are great but the 49ers do not consistently gain pressure on the passer from the front 7 alone. A lot of our personnel simply don't fit the 3-4 which we run a significant amount of the time. We simply do not have all the pieces yet, we need to draft more true 3-4 style LB's (sometimes DE's in college) and some bigger space eaters on the defensive line.This will change Sunday. Apparently you do not understand the suck that is Jordan Black. The mere mention of his name is enough to send quarterbacks bodies into a coma as a defense mechanism. Really, he is the worst tackle in the history of organized football.

Iowanian
09-27-2006, 07:08 PM
I'm guessing the 9rs can look forward to a heavy dose of #27 with intermittent bursts of #38 pounding the rock at them.

Black is a terrible pass blocker, but he can run block. If Black is having trouble with Lawson, they should run off tackle traps right at him, and have Black chip him outside...or hope he can hold long enough for the screens

jab0450
09-27-2006, 08:51 PM
Dont think we need to worry to much. Just watched herms press conference and he said turley is probable with a sore back. Doesnt sound to bad. His backs been sore the whole season.

Ultra Peanut
09-27-2006, 09:08 PM
Oh. My. God.

Hydrae
09-27-2006, 09:43 PM
Dont think we need to worry to much. Just watched herms press conference and he said turley is probable with a sore back. Doesnt sound to bad. His backs been sore the whole season.

His back is what kept him out of the league for two years. :banghead:

Any bets that he has been trying to put on weight to cover the LT spot. There is a reason he wanted to come back as a TE.

Fish
09-27-2006, 09:47 PM
His back is what kept him out of the league for two years. :banghead:

Any bets that he has been trying to put on weight to cover the LT spot. There is a reason he wanted to come back as a TE.

After saying for months that his weight wasn't an issue?

Who knows...

Logical
09-27-2006, 09:49 PM
I cannot recall a season with such consistent bad luck since the 80s. I hope this is not an omen of seasons to come.

Stinger
09-27-2006, 10:22 PM
I cannot recall a season with such consistent bad luck since the 80s. I hope this is not an omen of seasons to come.
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ... ok breathe ... ROFL ROFL ROFL

Says the guy who has predicted nothing but doom and gloom for the Chiefs over the last several seasons.

CoMoChief
09-27-2006, 10:31 PM
Welp, better get Croyle ready.

wazu
09-27-2006, 10:53 PM

Starting Jordan Black intentionally isn't bad luck.

Tribal Warfare
09-27-2006, 11:00 PM
It looks like KC is targeting OT Joe Thomas in next years draft

:banghead: :sulk:

Logical
09-27-2006, 11:13 PM
Starting Jordan Black intentionally isn't bad luck.I meant the injury possibility.

PastorMikH
09-27-2006, 11:18 PM
FWIW, Black is our most versatile OL. He can play every position on the OL at the same level.

noa
09-27-2006, 11:21 PM
It looks like KC is targeting OT Joe Thomas in next years draft

:banghead: :sulk:

I say we draft a geneticist from Princeton who can clone Willie Roaf five times. Its a long term plan, but King Carl is a patient man.

bringbackmarty
09-28-2006, 02:32 AM
well we should trade for the rams backup left tackle so we will only allow six sacks this game.

htismaqe
09-28-2006, 07:42 AM
The "jumping offsides" explanation was given after the BENGALS game.

I have a hard time believing that it's happening a 2nd time.

Fish
09-28-2006, 07:45 AM
FWIW, Black is our most versatile OL. He can play every position on the OL at the same level.

But sadly, that level is -4....