PDA

View Full Version : Vernon Davis out, Delanie Walker may see some time

Fire Me Boy!
09-28-2006, 08:36 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=140014

Apparently, the 49ers made Delanie Walker a TE... he's on their depth chart as #3. I'll be watching if he sees the field. Decent hands, very good speed (especially for a TE)... as I said in the thread above, at CMSU he could do one of two things at any given time -- take it to the house or put the rock on the ground (either through a dropped ball or fumble). He returned a LOT of kickoffs for TDs at CMSU. I also saw one game where he fumbled three of them in a row. Coach Fritz finally took him out of the game as returner.

leothedog69
09-28-2006, 08:49 AM
He looked very impressive in the pre-season. Hurt his shoulder just before the start of the regular season. All Niner fans are eagerly awaiting his return. Should be fun to watch.

Fish
09-28-2006, 08:51 AM
Anybody know if Eric Johnson is worth a shit?

leothedog69
09-28-2006, 08:57 AM
Anybody know if Eric Johnson is worth a shit?

Eric Johnson doesn't have the speed that VD does, but he runs very precise routes and has excellent hands (he was a wide reciever in college). In 2004, he was the Niners recieving leader with over 800 yards. His 2005 season was wiped out by a foot injury. He showed his good hands again when VD went down during the Eagles game.

So, to answer your question, Yes.

Hammock Parties
09-28-2006, 08:59 AM
I picked up Johnson for my fantasy team this week since Shockey is out.

leothedog69
09-28-2006, 09:08 AM

Not a bad choice. Wouldn't be ironic if he scores a couple of touchdowns for you on Sunday?

58-4ever
09-28-2006, 09:15 AM

What happened to your rep Goatcheeze?

Bowser
09-28-2006, 09:37 AM
What happened to your rep Goatcheeze?

He called out all the Planet women as "ugly".

The beatdown was horrific.

Hammock Parties
09-28-2006, 09:49 AM
Not a bad choice. Wouldn't be ironic if he scores a couple of touchdowns for you on Sunday?

I could live with a 49-28 Chiefs win. Gore and Johnson score twice each. :D

leothedog69
09-28-2006, 11:06 AM

Is he out because he's hurt or because he popped off to the media about the team being outcoached?

FAX
09-28-2006, 11:07 AM
How are the niners vs the run?

FAX

goBucc
09-28-2006, 11:09 AM
How are the niners vs the run?

FAX22nd or somewhere abouts there. Not very good. Big day for LJ.

Hammock Parties
09-28-2006, 11:11 AM
Shockey is on a bye.

FAX
09-28-2006, 11:13 AM
22nd or somewhere abouts there. Not very good. Big day for LJ.

Thanks, Mr. goBucc. Given the fact we will likely have two old ladies in a walker and a piece of lettuce playing in our oline Sunday, I'm thinking that our hope is to run LJ behind the tight ends and whoever is trying to replace our kidney.

FAX

txtumbleweed
09-28-2006, 11:15 AM
They held Edge to 2.8 average but allowed Rams rb over 100 yards so it depends. Normally they are much better stopping the running game but are weak against the pass. If the 49ers don't turn the ball over they will win this game going away. I predict 24-16!

JBucc
09-28-2006, 11:17 AM
They held Edge to 2.8 average but allowed Rams rb over 100 yards so it depends. Normally they are much better stopping the running game but are weak against the pass. If the 49ers don't turn the ball over they will win this game going away. I predict 24-16!Someone's been in the weed, and I don't think it was the tumble kind.

leothedog69
09-28-2006, 11:19 AM
They held Edge to 2.8 average but allowed Rams rb over 100 yards so it depends. Normally they are much better stopping the running game but are weak against the pass. If the 49ers don't turn the ball over they will win this game going away. I predict 24-16!

That Rams RB was Stephen Jackson. That dude is a Beast!

txtumbleweed
09-28-2006, 11:24 AM
Someone's been in the weed, and I don't think it was the tumble kind.
Lol I wish!
The 49ers should be 2-1 without the turnovers and could have even been 3-0 with a little luck.

Sam Hall
09-28-2006, 12:03 PM
I work on the UCM student newspaper. One of our writers has a field pass to go down and interview Delanie. Should be a good article.

Rain Man
09-28-2006, 12:30 PM
Lol I wish!
The 49ers should be 2-1 without the turnovers and could have even been 3-0 with a little luck.

So for all practical purposes, they're undefeated.

txtumbleweed
09-28-2006, 05:43 PM
So for all practical purposes, they're undefeated.
Hey, with a little luck we should make the superbowl!

Hootie
09-28-2006, 06:00 PM
Lol I wish!
a little luck? They were never even in the game against Philadelphia. They were lucky to even beat St. Louis.

San Francisco blows. If they win 4 games this year I'll be surprised.

Easy 6
09-28-2006, 06:09 PM
Whats up with you Whiner fans coming here and being all nice n' sh*t? :)

txtumbleweed
09-28-2006, 06:20 PM
a little luck? They were never even in the game against Philadelphia. They were lucky to even beat St. Louis.

San Francisco blows. If they win 4 games this year I'll be surprised.
Well as long as one of those four wins comes this Sunday and one more agaist the Rams I will be happy. Oh wait one more against the Cards they are St Louis rejects. That means we beat all the Missouri teams.

Easy 6
09-28-2006, 06:25 PM
I really dont see any Niner receiver gettin' much action besides Bryant, Delanie will be blocking and decoying and maybe a catch or 2. Johnson is a solid second tier kinda guy. I think this game will rest in Gores hands for the Niners for the most part. Cant see Turner letting Smith dig to deep into the playbook. Chiefs have kept 2 VERY solid WR corps in check so far and there is no reason to think Frisco will fare any better. We will get ATLEAST 1 pick and confuse young Alex Keaton all day long.

txtumbleweed
09-29-2006, 11:46 AM
I really dont see any Niner receiver gettin' much action besides Bryant, Delanie will be blocking and decoying and maybe a catch or 2. Johnson is a solid second tier kinda guy. I think this game will rest in Gores hands for the Niners for the most part. Cant see Turner letting Smith dig to deep into the playbook. Chiefs have kept 2 VERY solid WR corps in check so far and there is no reason to think Frisco will fare any better. We will get ATLEAST 1 pick and confuse young Alex Keaton all day long.

Bryant is a handful by himself but I look for Battle to have a good game being as Chiefs will try to take Bryant and Johnson out of the game. You also better watchout for M-Rob. Oh yeah and Gore out of the backfield. Hmmm, maybe Niners offense isn't so bad after all.

leothedog69
09-29-2006, 12:07 PM
Bryant is a handful by himself but I look for Battle to have a good game being as Chiefs will try to take Bryant and Johnson out of the game. You also better watchout for M-Rob. Oh yeah and Gore out of the backfield. Hmmm, maybe Niners offense isn't so bad after all.

Yeah, what the Weed Man said. :thumb:

leothedog69
09-29-2006, 12:08 PM
Whats up with you Whiner fans coming here and being all nice n' sh*t? :)

We're just nice people. o:-)
Does your mother know you use bad words?