PDA

View Full Version : Chargers S Jue has knee surgery

Fire Me Boy!
09-28-2006, 09:52 AM
Chargers S Jue has knee surgery

SAN DIEGO (AP) – It turns out that the San Diego Chargers lost two safeties on Tuesday.

While fielding questions Wednesday about strong safety Terrence Kiel's arrest on five felony drug counts, coach Marty Schottenheimer let on that backup free safety Bhawoh Jue would miss this weekend's game because he had arthroscopic knee surgery on Tuesday.

It was the first word from the team about the surgery.

Asked at a news conference whether Clinton Hart or Jue would replace Kiel for Sunday's game at Baltimore, Schottenheimer said: "I think I made the statement yesterday that Bhawoh Jue wasn't going to be available because of injury. So at that point the expectation is that Clinton Hart will play."

The mention of Jue's injury was news to reporters. Pressed on Jue, the coach said: "Bhawoh Jue at this point has had surgery on his knee."

Schottenheimer bristled when asked if Jue could be expected to miss two-to-four weeks.

"I wouldn't want to play doctor in this regard," he said, telling reporters that if they wanted any more information, they could get it from team spokesman Bill Johnston.

Johnston said Jue had arthroscopic surgery on his left knee on Tuesday and will be re-evaluated next week.

On Tuesday, Kiel was called off the practice field after authorities arrived at Chargers headquarters. Kiel was taken into the locker room where he was arrested. Kiel was jailed and released. He won't play Sunday.

The Chargers said nothing about Kiel's arrest after Tuesday's practice.

"From my perspective, when I was asked the question about who didn't practice, I was thinking injured guys," Schottenheimer said. "I wasn't considering that, to be very candid with you."

The Chargers did announce Tuesday that safety Andre Lott had been re-signed to the active roster after being released during the final cutdown to reach the 53-man roster limit.