PDA

View Full Version : DirecTV them bastards....

boogblaster
09-28-2006, 02:00 PM
Lost my signal yesterday called them up..god knows where that is..talked to a computer for 30 minutes..turning off and on pushing this button and that button..finally got to talk to a human..hurllo this kee lim can I helps u..oh boy..gook mathematics..another 30 minutes push this unplug that ..turn this..Itink you hurv problem..no shit.. well dont know when can fix..yea..well you'l fixie before sunday or ole Boogs going to hunt you down and sticky satellite up bunger..ota we have someone come soon..how soon..tomorrow by 5:00..well its 2:00 now guess Id better get ready to go Gook Gorein....

KUalumni
09-28-2006, 02:13 PM
I just had my new HD dish and HD plus DVR installed yesterday. I have to say I love it. I love telling TWC to f-off even more.
My new dish is huge compared to the ones you see everywhere, but the installer was able to get a 96% signal strength yesterday when it was cloudy and overcast in the afternoon.
I do know that come sunday when I can get the full effect of DTV - Sunday Ticket - I will probably love it even more.

TN_Chief
09-28-2006, 02:23 PM
I just had the HD/5-LNB dish installed a couple of weeks ago. I had to have the little 2-LNB add-on replaced. Keep an eye on that KUalumni...we had a nasty rainstorm here and the seals didn't hold up. I lost almost all my HD channels and a couple of others as well (everything from the 2 satellites those LNBs receive). Should you suddently lose channels, think of me.

boog, use Google and find the 800 number for the DTV retentions dept. I called them after getting tired of dealing with standard customer service. I didn't actually ask for anything...I just wanted them to promise me that the 3rd service call would fix things. While they couldn't make that promise (for obvious reasons)...the next 6 months of my Platinum service is free, as is SuperFan, etc. Give 'em a ring.

KCTitus
09-28-2006, 02:27 PM
My neighbor got the 5 LNB HD dish cause he wanted HD channels, however, he didnt buy the HD Direct Ticket, and they dont offer locals in HD. That think is a beast of a dish.

TN_Chief
09-28-2006, 02:50 PM
Don't know about where you are KCTitus...but the HD locals are slowly coming on line. I have 2 (of 5) here in Memphis coming from the satellite. The hold up is that DTV has to reach some kind of agreement with each individual local station before they can broadcast the local HD over the sat. One thing to keep in mind...the local HDs over sat DO NOT show up in the HD Only filtered listing, and they're just kind of subtly inserted into the "all" listing. I didn't realize I had them for like 5 days.

Skip Towne
09-28-2006, 07:10 PM
Yes, those 5 lnb dishes are rather large. You should see this old man carrying one up a ladder. The official name for them is AT-9. The official name for the standard dish is "3 lnb", Phase 3 or 18X20 (1820). Yep, the service has been really slow lately as they are working on the computers. But that camel jockey was a US camel jockey as the calls don't go overseas. When you get a dud, the best thing to do is hang up and redial to get another one. I can tell the shitty ones in the first 5 seconds. They hem-haw, stutter and are unsure of themselves. Generally, the guys are better than the gals. But not always. The customer retention # is 800 824 9081. Be persistent but polite and they will give you the whole f*cking store. If you yell and scream like Frazod does, they won't give you shit.

stumppy
09-28-2006, 07:18 PM
If you yell and scream like Frazod does, they won't give you shit.

ROFL:LOL:ROFL

You just had to didn't you.

ROFL

TN_Chief
09-28-2006, 08:42 PM
Super-accurate on the "stay calm" bit. I didn't rant/rave, and they gave me a lot more than I wanted. I actually didn't want anything other than for them to promise me that thing's would be better on the next service call, and they ended up stylin' me.

Skip Towne
09-28-2006, 08:45 PM
ROFL:LOL:ROFL

You just had to didn't you.

ROFL
I've tried to be nice to that guy for 5 years and he does nothing but treat me shitty. So, YES, I just had to. Hahahahahahaha!!!! He can't even give me a reason why he treats me shitty. Go figure.

Skip Towne
09-28-2006, 08:48 PM
Super-accurate on the "stay calm" bit. I didn't rant/rave, and they gave me a lot more than I wanted. I actually didn't want anything other than for them to promise me that thing's would be better on the next service call, and they ended up stylin' me.
Bless you, Brother.

Frazod
09-28-2006, 09:04 PM
Tonight, I'm taking the high road. I think the BB needs a break.

Skip Towne
09-28-2006, 09:10 PM
Tonight, I'm taking the high road. I think the BB needs a break.
Bless you, Brother

Deberg_1990
09-28-2006, 09:19 PM
Any word on when Direct TV plans to add some more HD programming besides the locals of course. They have been promissing that forever it seems...

Skip Towne
09-28-2006, 09:57 PM
Any word on when Direct TV plans to add some more HD programming besides the locals of course. They have been promissing that forever it seems...
Uh, yeah, them bastards are launching two new satellites to do nothing but HD programming. They give us a launch date then pospone it so it is hard to say. The last date I heard was December but I wouldn't hang my hat on that. Dish Notwork is famous for always being the first with new equiptment. The problem was, it didn't work. Hence the nickname. Directv is always last because they take their time and do it right the first time. Today, Directv only offers about 10 HD channels and my company only gets about one of those to install in a months time. As opposed to the other 150 installs we do. Duh! There are very few people willing to pay the enormous expense of HDTV for such a limited selection of channels right now.. I think that will change big time, Just like the conversion from black and white to color TV happened in the 60's. Once D* gets those satellites online they will overwhelm you with HD programming and the proletariat will be allowed to participate as the start up costs decline. The transition from Black and White TV to Color TV was very swift. I expect the same with HD.

Deberg_1990
09-28-2006, 10:06 PM
There are very few people willing to pay the enormous expense of HDTV for such a limited selection of channels right now.. I think that will change big time, Just like the conversion from black and white to color TV happened in the 60's. Once D* gets those satellites online they will overwhelm you with HD programming and the proletariat will be allowed to participate as the start up costs decline. The transition from Black and White TV to Color TV was very swift. I expect the same with HD.

Good points..and exactly why i havent made the switch yet, although i have had an HD capable Widescreen TV for about 4 years now.

I figure, ive lived without it this long, i can wait another few years till the kinks get worked out.

boogblaster
09-28-2006, 11:41 PM
Up- date.. service was a little late but got here..damn rat or mouse chewed my cable into under the house..he ran a new line.. Im back in NFL bliss again....

TN_Chief
09-29-2006, 04:47 AM
Tell you one thing though, the HD picture and the new MPEG-4 encoding is amazing. I sprung for a new 37" LCD to go along with the DTV HD...no regrets on expense at all.

unlurking
09-29-2006, 07:00 AM
Grats boog, couldn't live without my Sunday Ticket in HD!

Rather than start a new thread, I hope you don't mind me asking a DTV related question of the other HD DTV customer on here!

Is DTV trying to screw just me, or are they doing it to everyon else to by making new equipment that I PAYED FOR a 2 year LEASE?!?!?!

My wife didn't tell me, but she surprised me with a new HD DVR a couple months back. Apparently when the installer came out to run a second line, he told her that if we don't stay customers for two years, DTV keeps our HD DVR!!! After she just payed $400+ for it!!!

WTF is that?!?!?!

Sfeihc
09-29-2006, 07:10 AM
Up- date.. service was a little late but got here..damn rat or mouse chewed my cable into under the house..he ran a new line.. Im back in NFL bliss again....

Same shit happened to me...........Skip is right, be persistant and polite and they'll take care of you.

Life without the ticket means Browns and Lions games on TV. I don't want to go back to those days.

Skip Towne
09-29-2006, 07:10 AM
Grats boog, couldn't live without my Sunday Ticket in HD!

Rather than start a new thread, I hope you don't mind me asking a DTV related question of the other HD DTV customer on here!

Is DTV trying to screw just me, or are they doing it to everyon else to by making new equipment that I PAYED FOR a 2 year LEASE?!?!?!

My wife didn't tell me, but she surprised me with a new HD DVR a couple months back. Apparently when the installer came out to run a second line, he told her that if we don't stay customers for two years, DTV keeps our HD DVR!!! After she just payed $400+ for it!!!

WTF is that?!?!?!
Very good point. I haven't seen a satisfactory answer to this one yet. Also, they will charge you for a service call to work on it. If it is leased, shouldn't they be responsible for its maintenance? The whole company went to hell when General Motors sold it. Kinda like this place when Phobia left.

|Zach|
09-29-2006, 07:12 AM
Ha.

Skip Towne
09-29-2006, 07:16 AM
I'll bet them bastards planted that rat under your house.

Braincase
09-29-2006, 07:18 AM
I'll bet them bastards planted that rat under your house.

The DNA trace on the rat suggests your progeny, Skip.

Skip Towne
09-29-2006, 07:24 AM
The DNA trace on the rat suggests your progeny, Skip.
I got to make a living too.

unlurking
09-29-2006, 07:38 AM
Very good point. I haven't seen a satisfactory answer to this one yet. Also, they will charge you for a service call to work on it. If it is leased, shouldn't they be responsible for its maintenance? The whole company went to hell when General Motors sold it. Kinda like this place when Phobia left.
Don't get me wrong, love my DTV, but something is really wrong with making the customer pay $400 up front and not let them actually own the equipment.

1ChiefsDan
09-29-2006, 08:13 AM
From gethuman.com
DirecTV (http://www.gethuman.com/rate.cgi?id=3892&url=www.directv.com) http://www.gethuman.com/images/i.gif (http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=DTV) 800‑824‑9081 (http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPage.jsp?assetId=1100070) Direct to human

website for phone numbers to bypass all the computerized crap.

boogblaster
09-29-2006, 08:44 AM
lurk...i leased my equipment back in 1998 from pegasus..it changed co..ive paid for just service since..so i guess i own it now....

Skip Towne
09-30-2006, 08:14 AM
lurk...i leased my equipment back in 1998 from pegasus..it changed co..ive paid for just service since..so i guess i own it now....
Yeah, you own it. But it is waaay outdated. If you would order your local channels they would give you all new shit.

Deberg_1990
09-30-2006, 08:49 AM
Hey Skip, whassup with Direct TV moving the "FOX Movie Channel" off of their basic tier a few weeks ago?? That was kind of sneaky. I rather enjoyed that channel.

Skip Towne
09-30-2006, 09:21 AM
Hey Skip, whassup with Direct TV moving the "FOX Movie Channel" off of their basic tier a few weeks ago?? That was kind of sneaky. I rather enjoyed that channel.
This is the first I've heard of it. I don't know much about programming. I don't watch much TV.