PDA

View Full Version : Trent Green not ready for at least 2 more games

Chiefs Pantalones
09-28-2006, 04:32 PM
Geeze, we're screwed.

According to bottomline espn on sportscenter.

siberian khatru
09-28-2006, 04:34 PM
Flash: Jordan Black not ready for at least 2 more games, either.

Rain Man
09-28-2006, 04:34 PM
SCREW YOU, GEATHERS! SCREW YOU! I HOPE YOU BLOW OUT BOTH ... well, see below. I don't feel like typing it again.

blueballs
09-28-2006, 04:37 PM
if they announce his presence at the game sunday
the crowd will go wild and the team will feed off that

tommykat
09-28-2006, 04:43 PM

Alright, now I "must" agree with you 100%

Scaga
09-28-2006, 04:51 PM
Does this really surprise anyone?
We already knew he was playing this weekend :doh!:

Hydrae
09-28-2006, 04:52 PM
During his interview this afternoon he made comments about "if we are 1-5 before I get back, I still think we can win 10 straight and win the division."

God, I hope it doesn't take that long! :banghead:

mlyonsd
09-28-2006, 04:54 PM
Time to face up to it.

We're over the great Trent Green years. And thanks to the management we have no solid replacement.

siberian khatru
09-28-2006, 04:56 PM
During his interview this afternoon he made comments about "if we are 1-5 before I get back, I still think we can win 10 straight and win the division."

Jeez, he better have his head examined again.

ceebz
09-28-2006, 04:57 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2606526

He sounds upbeat and ready to get back on the field.

I just hope his first game back isn't @ Pittsburgh.

kaplin42
09-28-2006, 05:07 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2606526

He sounds upbeat and ready to get back on the field.

I just hope his first game back isn't @ Pittsburgh.

If his first game back is against Pit, I would just tell him to ride the pine for another game. Seriously, I don't want Green comming back to find that I-65 is on the LT spot, the poor guy will be killed in our first series. Let Huard or Croyle take those hits.

OldTownChief
09-28-2006, 05:09 PM
Jeez, he better have his head examined again.

I hear that!! What the hell is that all about? One good thing, this doesn't sound like retirement talk. We need him at least one more season after this one.

Rain Man
09-28-2006, 05:12 PM
I think that Damon Huard is the Earl Morrell of our generation.

Deberg_1990
09-28-2006, 05:26 PM
I think that Damon Huard is the Earl Morrell of our generation.

Huard>Earl Morrell+Frank Reich

splatbass
09-28-2006, 05:45 PM
In light of the severity of the concussion, had he considered retiring?

"No, I have not. And I've made the point -- I'm a very positive person and try and think the best. I don't even want to answer that one. Because the people who have brought it up, I tell them, right now, that's not in my plans."

So much for the "he's done" naysayers.

C-Mac
09-28-2006, 05:46 PM
Trent calls a spade a spade!

Green indicated he was not happy about that. He recalled the blow to the knees he absorbed from safety Rodney Harrison in 1999 when he was with St. Louis that led to four operations.
"It took the league six years to overrule that hit. At the time, they didn't fine him or flag him and it took six years for Carson Palmer, Ben Roethlisberger and some other guys to get hit and all of a sudden, 'Hey, we're going to protect the quarterback's knees,'" he said.
"My understanding of the rule is when you begin your slide, that you're giving yourself up. And I was obviously beginning my slide. If you look, there were other Cincinnati players that saw me beginning to slide and avoided the contact. So I think it could have been avoided."
Geathers and the Bengals said he did not have complete control of his body because he had been pushed from behind by a Kansas City player.
"Is it part of the game? Do I respect the officials' ruling on it? Do I respect the league's ruling on it? Definitely," Green said.
"That's their job and that's what they do. It's just something that happens in football. Unfortunately, maybe that will be something that will be addressed by the rules committee."

Skip Towne
09-28-2006, 05:49 PM
Alright, now I "must" agree with you 100%
I disagree with you.

Hydrae
09-28-2006, 05:57 PM
Trent did make an interesting point about the fact that they didn't rule a fumble on the play. If he was down, there was no fumble but there was an infraction. If he was eligible to get hit, he fumbled the ball.

CoMoChief
09-28-2006, 06:16 PM

I heard this game is far from selling out. Thousands of tix are yet to be sold.

DaFace
09-28-2006, 06:54 PM
I heard this game is far from selling out. Thousands of tix are yet to be sold.

There weren't any left prior to the Niners returning their share, as far as I know.

RedandGold
09-28-2006, 07:07 PM
There weren't any left prior to the Niners returning their share, as far as I know.

I just checked Ticketmaster a second ago, and this was one of the only times I could remember being able to get a decent block of lower level tickets.

DaFace
09-28-2006, 08:42 PM
I just checked Ticketmaster a second ago, and this was one of the only times I could remember being able to get a decent block of lower level tickets.

I tried to buy tickets for this game via Ticketmaster back in August and couldn't find anything lower than UL row 38. I ended up getting mine on eBay. I'm not sure why they had some LL tickets held, but they weren't on there before.