PDA

View Full Version : Q&A with Huard: SF defense = "neat" WTF??!!

TinyEvel
09-29-2006, 05:07 AM
Now, I know I'm supposed to be in "Believe" mode, but it's damn hard when our QB gives interviews that make him look like he just started shaving. Does the guy have only one nut?

Q: What do you think this offense can do against San Francisco?

HUARD: “Every football game is different. San Francisco is a much improved football team. They are doing some neat things on defense. They have a lot of neat schemes out of their dime package with a bunch of defensive backs in there. They do some neat packages. We have our hands full. It is going to be a tough week......”

Probably the first time in history a team's defensive scheme has been described as "neat." I'm looking forward to the post-game interview:

Q: So, what happened out there with the coverage?

HUARD: "Well, they were using some really neat coverage schemes and were able to run over really, really fast and grab some of the balls I was throwing. Plus, that nifty pass-rush they put together had me pressured all day. I told you, they are a much improved team. One with swell players and a peachy-keen coaching unit. Can I have my juice box now?"

Kerberos
09-29-2006, 06:25 AM
Neat-o-Torpedo

:D

ExtremeChief
09-29-2006, 06:30 AM
All the little birds on tweety bird street,
Love to hear Damon go "Neat, neat, neat"
Little Damon,
"Neat, neat, neat"
Little Damon
"Neat, neat, neat"
Hey Little Damon you're a starting QB now,
"Neat.......neat, neat"

ChiefsfaninPA
09-29-2006, 06:30 AM
He has used the word neat three times more than my seven year old son ever has. Something is so wrong with that.

I hope on Sunday he just doesn't stand there in awe of the "neat" schemes he will be seeing in person.

PRIEST
09-29-2006, 06:49 AM
Yes Damon's Q&A sound like he is on the right side of the bong ! :eek:

DaKCMan AP
09-29-2006, 06:55 AM
Does the guy have only one nut?

What do you have against Louie Aguiar?

VonneMarie
09-29-2006, 06:58 AM
Neat!

cdcox
09-29-2006, 07:00 AM
I doubt we'll be seeing much of those neat dime packages on Sunday.

Iowanian
09-29-2006, 08:22 AM
Maybe he just likes a martini with no vermouth before the game.

bringbackmarty
09-29-2006, 08:36 AM
Neat, Sweet, Pettite, like my wife's cooter.

el borracho
09-29-2006, 08:38 AM
Neat-o-Torpedo

Neato bandito!

Wile_E_Coyote
09-29-2006, 08:43 AM
there was at one time, a lady's hair removal product called neat

stevieray
09-29-2006, 08:45 AM
there was at one time, a lady's hair removal product called neat

neet

King_Chief_Fan
09-29-2006, 08:47 AM
neato peachy keen

Wile_E_Coyote
09-29-2006, 08:49 AM
I thought neet was a bug repellent, oh well :)

JBucc
09-29-2006, 08:52 AM
What nifty answers

PinkFloyd
09-29-2006, 09:18 AM
Maybe he will neatly get his arm or leg broke so we can bring in that tough old, red neck, ass kicking, ole southern boy Brodie Croyle and start whipping some ass !!!!!

Oh --- my bad ------ Herm calls the plays around here !!!

Coogs
09-29-2006, 09:30 AM
Maybe our next DC could be from the 49ers? Say this guy? That would be neat!

Mike Singletary

Assistant Head Coach/Defense

Mike Singletary enters his second year with the 49ers and first as the assistant head coach/defense. Singletary was elevated to the post after serving one season as the assistant head coach/linebackers, the position he was named to on January 21, 2005.

A proven teacher who values work ethic and discipline, the 49ers linebackers played well this past season under Singletary’s direction. LB Derek Smith led the team with 163 tackles. Additionally, LB Brandon Moore finished second on team with 93 tackles and five sacks in only 10 starts and former 49ers LB Julian Peterson was chosen as a Pro Bowl alternate.

Singletary teamed with 49ers head coach Mike Nolan as the Baltimore Ravens inside linebackers coach for two seasons. Players have flourished under his tutelage, including Ray Lewis, who earned 2003 NFL Defensive Player of the Year honors. Under Singletary, the inside linebackers at Baltimore finished first and second in tackles in each of his seasons coaching the position. He was also part of a coaching staff that directed the Ravens defense to a third overall finish in 2003 and sixth overall in 2004.

After coaching under Nolan’s defensive staff for just two seasons, Singletary’s wisdom and commanding respect sent impressionable waves throughout the organization and team. When Nolan took his first head coaching position in San Francisco, Singletary’s character was a key cog in forming his coaching staff.

“Mike is one of the best leaders and teachers that I have ever been associated with,” Nolan said. “Mike teaches with great passion and great energy; two things that are very important, I think, to being a successful teacher. There are not too many people that command the respect that Mike does the minute he walks into a room.

“In Baltimore, Mike coached possibly the best linebacking corps in the NFL in Ray Lewis, Eddie Hartwell, Terrell Suggs and Peter Boulware. As a player, there are probably way too many things to list on Mike, but two things that stand out to me are his very successful 12-year NFL career and in 1998, his induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.”

In 2001, Singletary won the Walter Camp’s “Man of the Year Award,” based on his reputation for integrity and leadership within his profession and contributions benefiting his community, country and fellow man. He also co-founded Leadership Zone, a company that provides leadership training.

Singletary was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1998 after a stellar career with the Chicago Bears from 1981-92. He boasted 1,488 career tackles (885 solo), finishing as the Bears’ first or second leading tackler each of his last 11 seasons. Singletary was named to the NFL Team of the 80’s after being selected to play in a team-record 10 consecutive Pro Bowls. The former Bears defensive captain was also named All-Pro eight times (1983-89; 1991), and an All-NFC selection nine consecutive times (1983-91). He also started a defensive team record 172 games for the Bears, trailing only running back Walter Payton’s 184 career starts for the all-time team lead.

Singletary was drafted in second round of the 1981 NFL Draft from Baylor University.
In addition to his coaching duties for the 49ers, Singletary is a motivational speaker and has authored three books; Singletary One on One, Calling the Shots and Daddy’s Home at Last.
Singletary and his wife, Kim, have seven children.

Vegas_Dave
09-29-2006, 10:23 AM
Spiftaculor.

vailpass
09-29-2006, 10:33 AM
Maybe our next DC could be from the 49ers? Say this guy? That would be neat!

Mike Singletary

Assistant Head Coach/Defense

Mike Singletary enters his second year with the 49ers and first as the assistant head coach/defense. Singletary was elevated to the post after serving one season as the assistant head coach/linebackers, the position he was named to on January 21, 2005.

I didn't know Singletary was a coach. He is one badass fothermucker. Makes me think the SF D has a chance to be tough in a year or two.

Mr. Laz
09-29-2006, 10:42 AM
Yes Damon's Q&A sound like he is on the right side of the bong ! :eek:
wouldn't you with Jordan Black protecting your blind side?

KingPriest2
09-29-2006, 10:46 AM
Who cares?

txtumbleweed
09-29-2006, 12:41 PM
He has used the word neat three times more than my seven year old son ever has. Something is so wrong with that.

I hope on Sunday he just doesn't stand there in awe of the "neat" schemes he will be seeing in person.

Better than hearing, They have a great defense" You know what I'm sayin". Their pass rush is awesome "You know what I'm sayin". They are an improving team " you know what I'm sayin"?
The Niners are going to win 24-16 " You know what I'm sayin"?