PDA

View Full Version : On a scale of 1-10

Wile_E_Coyote
09-29-2006, 10:23 AM
How bad does Herm need a win on Sunday? Herm is known, if for nothing else, as a motivator. If he can't get them up for a win after the bye, it could get real ugly around Arrowhead

tyton75
09-29-2006, 10:25 AM
If the Chiefs can't beat the 9ers in ARROWHEAD, this site will Implode!!

"Dogs and Cats.. Living together; MASS HYSTERIA!!"

Chief Pote
09-29-2006, 10:27 AM
Trent Green or no Trent Green...they better win this f*ckin game.

Bugeater
09-29-2006, 10:30 AM
On a scale of 1-10, I'd say it's about a 15.

Archie Bunker
09-29-2006, 10:31 AM
I defend Herm as much as anyone but he needs to win this game to shut some people up. This is a game that the D and LJ should be able to win.

Hound333
09-29-2006, 10:32 AM
I'm not sure I want to post here next week if we lose this game. If we can't beat a team that was terrible last year and has lost its starting RB and TE while we are at home we should just shoot ourselves.

KCTitus
09-29-2006, 10:42 AM
Win, schmin....it's all about time of possession. Can he burn the entire second half in one drive while hanging onto a 6-3 lead? That's what I want to know.

Wile_E_Coyote
09-29-2006, 10:49 AM
starting out as head coach 0-2 at Arrowhead is not good, no matter the circumstances

Nzoner
09-29-2006, 10:51 AM
I'm not sure I want to post here next week if we lose this game. If we can't beat a team that was terrible last year and has lost its starting RB and TE while we are at home we should just shoot ourselves.

Uh,Gore has practiced all week and as far as I've read will be starting.

DMAC
09-29-2006, 10:53 AM
Uh,Gore has practiced all week and as far as I've read will be starting.yep

Demonpenz
09-29-2006, 10:53 AM
probably a 5. I like most people had them going 8-8. Everyone expected them to struggle with holes at OL, DL, and WR. Coupled with the fact their god aweful draft this past year. This is a rebuilding year for a first year coach. I don't really think there is a "Must win" for a team just trying to rebuild for the future.

Hound333
09-29-2006, 10:54 AM
Uh,Gore has practiced all week and as far as I've read will be starting.

Really? I admit I haven't kept up on much the last couple of weeks. Wedding plans coupled with buying a house will do that to a brotha. I had heard early in the week he was gonna be out. If not I stand corrected.

DMAC
09-29-2006, 10:54 AM
That Arrowhead crowd will boo the first chance they get.

Unfortunate.

Hope I don't see it.

InChiefsHeaven
09-29-2006, 10:58 AM
probably a 5. I like most people had them going 8-8. Everyone expected them to struggle with holes at OL, DL, and WR. Coupled with the fact their god aweful draft this past year. This is a rebuilding year for a first year coach. I don't really think there is a "Must win" for a team just trying to rebuild for the future.

Why was this a god aweful draft?

FAX
09-29-2006, 10:59 AM
There once was a runner named Gore
Whose defense said, “Please run some more.
Their Johnson’s astounding
And we’ve taken a pounding
And, dang it, our asses are sore.”

FAX

Bugeater
09-29-2006, 11:02 AM
We didn't draft all those future HOF O-linemen that were available.

Dammit Carl! :cuss:

KCTitus
09-29-2006, 11:03 AM

They didnt trade up to get Reggie Bush.

el borracho
09-29-2006, 11:05 AM
It rates a 10 although I doubt the media spends too much time ripping Herm because I doubt the media cares very much at all about our crappy team this season.

0-2 after two playoff caliber teams = not much hope.

0-3 after losing to the Niners = dead season.

Wile_E_Coyote
09-29-2006, 11:06 AM
there has got to be a future HOF LT playing backup on some one's bench. Carl is a complete moron for not trading for him :cuss:

JBucc
09-29-2006, 11:08 AM
It is the most important game in the history of the Kansas City Chiefs under Herm Edwards in the first week of October. Ever.

Bugeater
09-29-2006, 11:09 AM
It is the most important game in the history of the Kansas City Chiefs under Herm Edwards in the last week of september. Ever.
:LOL: The game is actually in October.

JBucc
09-29-2006, 11:11 AM
shit

Demonpenz
09-29-2006, 11:11 AM
I am at work and i don't have my draft board I wanted to draft a the out of USC. I thought spending tons of money on a corner who is past his prime was stupid especially considering we weren't ready to compete with the bengals or the colts. I think I had drafting a corner in the first round WR in the second round then picking up the DL through free agency that is play well for the eagles right now (Who costs less than ty law) all the while addressing our need for proven players through the draft. I said all of this after the draft.

KCTitus
09-29-2006, 11:13 AM
I am at work and i don't have my draft board I wanted to draft a the out of USC. I thought spending tons of money on a corner who is past his prime was stupid especially considering we weren't ready to compete with the bengals or the colts. I think I had drafting a corner in the first round WR in the second round then picking up the DL through free agency that is play well for the eagles right now (Who costs less than ty law) all the while addressing our need for proven players through the draft. I said all of this after the draft.

So what you're saying is the draft sucked because they didnt draft the players you wanted.

Ok.

Demonpenz
09-29-2006, 11:17 AM
So what you're saying is the draft sucked because they didnt draft the players you wanted.

Ok.

I don't think I think I ever said it sucked. I said it is aweful. We failed to really address any needs. We have Hali who I will give him credit has pushed hicks out of the lineup, but that isn't saying much. You could have found anyone in the second or third round to push hicks out. So far we only have 2 players seeing time on the field and thats not good enough for a team looking to rebuild for the future. I understand you guys are probably happy with the draft because it's been so long since the chiefs won a playoff game, but I expect perfection.

bkkcoh
09-29-2006, 11:20 AM
Herm would get more of a pass if it was a road game, but since it is in KC. He needs to get a win this week.

Hound333
09-29-2006, 11:21 AM
No I don't feel this draft was bad. Its actually the first draft in years I have felt halfway good about. We got some nice Def players that should help us for years to come. We will have to address the OL next year but then everyone knew that before last draft. What everyone didn't know is that both tackles would retire leaving us SOL for this year.

KC-TBB
09-29-2006, 11:25 AM
I think WE ALL need a win this week...or it's LIGHTS OUT.

Demonpenz
09-29-2006, 11:27 AM
I think WE ALL need a win this week...or it's LIGHTS OUT.

htismaqe
09-29-2006, 11:27 AM
I don't think I think I ever said it sucked. I said it is aweful. We failed to really address any needs. We have Hali who I will give him credit has pushed hicks out of the lineup, but that isn't saying much. You could have found anyone in the second or third round to push hicks out. So far we only have 2 players seeing time on the field and thats not good enough for a team looking to rebuild for the future. I understand you guys are probably happy with the draft because it's been so long since the chiefs won a playoff game, but I expect perfection.

We could have found anyone? That's interesting considering we had 7 years and never found anybody.

By the way, there's no way we find anyone in the 2nd round. You apparently missed the bulletin that our 2nd round picks always suck.

Seriously dude, this whole post is idiotic.

Demonpenz
09-29-2006, 11:29 AM
We could have found anyone? That's interesting considering we had 7 years and never found anybody.

By the way, there's no way we find anyone in the 2nd round. You apparently missed the bulletin that our 2nd round picks always suck.

Seriously dude, this whole post is idiotic.

*sigh* always bashing the messenger

NaptownChief
09-29-2006, 11:29 AM
I don't know about the media but it is a 10 on a 10 scale because an 0-3 start pretty much ends the season.

JBucc
09-29-2006, 11:30 AM
*sigh* always bashing the retardFYP

Iowanian
09-29-2006, 11:30 AM
If the Chiefs don't win sunday, there is no hope at an offseason, and its time to bench some vets in favor of gaining experience for future players....IE....both safeties, Key Fox for Bell.

Losing to the 9ers, at home to go 0-3 will be enough to put Sermon Edwards in every doghouse in the midwest.

KCTitus
09-29-2006, 11:31 AM
I don't think I think I ever said it sucked. I said it is aweful. We failed to really address any needs. We have Hali who I will give him credit has pushed hicks out of the lineup, but that isn't saying much...

I know Im probably a really rusty, but what exactly is the difference between 'sucks' and 'aweful'? That's a parse/squiggle of denisan proportions. Next, your next two sentences posted above directly contradict one another. I think Hali did address a need, a big need.

I am impressed, however, at your Lexicon study over the offseason.

htismaqe
09-29-2006, 11:32 AM
*sigh* always bashing the messenger

Don't act as if you're simply the vehicle, somehow relaying the "truth".

Fact is you're not the messenger, you're the ORIGINATOR of the MESSAGE.

And the message - that our draft this year was awful - is unadulterated garbage.

NaptownChief
09-29-2006, 11:33 AM
No I don't feel this draft was bad. Its actually the first draft in years I have felt halfway good about.

Likewise...I thought the Pollard pick was highly questionable in the 2nd round because it seemed decent odds he would fall into the late 3rd or 4th considering the depth that was still on the board like Ko Simpson but other than that it looked pretty good at the time and still looks pretty good. My guess is the fact that they gave up the 4th rounder for Herm probably forced their hand on Pollard but the draft still looked light years ahead of most of the previous drafts that looked horrible on draft day and even worse once they played out over time.

Demonpenz
09-29-2006, 11:34 AM
I know Im probably a really rusty, but what exactly is the difference between 'sucks' and 'aweful'? That's a parse/squiggle of denisan proportions. Next, your next two sentences posted above directly contradict one another. I think Hali did address a need, a big need.

I am impressed, however, at your Lexicon study over the offseason.

Hahaha. Thats what I was going for. I was trying to squeeze in there the phrase "As I have said all along" or "I have beating this drum for years"

KCTitus
09-29-2006, 11:37 AM
Hahaha. Thats what I was going for. I was trying to squeeze in there the phrase "As I have said all along" or "I have beating this drum for years"

DemonKCJohnnypenz :D

Demonpenz
09-29-2006, 11:37 AM
Don't act as if you're simply the vehicle, somehow relaying the "truth".

Fact is you're not the messenger, you're the ORIGINATOR of the MESSAGE.

And the message - that our draft this year was awful - is unadulterated garbage.

Of course it was garbage it was sarcasim.

htismaqe
09-29-2006, 11:40 AM
Of course it was garbage it was sarcasim.

Is it?

You keep going to the "sarcasm" card after the fact, but your posts leading up to the draft would suggest otherwise...

NaptownChief
09-29-2006, 11:46 AM
Is it?

You keep going to the "sarcasm" card after the fact, but your posts leading up to the draft would suggest otherwise...

Until you get a user name that we can pronounce I don't think you should be allowed to be the judge of that....6 years later and nobody still has a clue about that name. :D

Brock
09-29-2006, 11:47 AM
He's in his first year here. There's no way he'd be fired even if they lost 12 games.

Not too important at all, IMO.

svuba
09-29-2006, 11:49 AM

Thats a nice fantasy Dude - Wanna hear my fantasy?
No more idiotic posts like this from Demonpenz.

cdcox
09-29-2006, 11:52 AM
At first glance it appears to be important to avoid going 0-3.

But even if the Chiefs get the win on Sunday, does the pressure ease up any at all? If we win this week we see Arizona on the road, followed by Pittsburg, then home games against San Diego and Seattle. I wouldn't be surprised if the Chiefs were dogs in all four of those games. If we start 1-6 or 2-5 is that any better than 0-3?

Herm will get a pass this year because of the OL situation, Green going down, first year coach, blah, blah, blah. If he starts winning next year, no one will remember anything that happened this year. He is under almost zero pressure this year.

Demonpenz
09-29-2006, 11:57 AM
Is it?

Close but backwards. I am going with all sarcasm and if one of the posts is true go back and say "As I've been saying all this time".

FAX
09-29-2006, 12:02 PM
The only problem I see with the "Herm gets a pass this year" theory is that, in reality, we have gone from one of the top offenses in the league to one of the worst. On top of that, our new and improved fabulous defense has, so far, proven unable to make up the difference.

Clearly, it's still early and not all of our problems are Herm's fault ... at least directly. (Although the argument can be made that he could have done a better job putting an oline together). Nevertheless, it's all about winning, correct? And when you don't win, the head coach must take responsibility.

Therefore, Herm must win Sunday or he must be put to sleep.

FAX

09-29-2006, 12:05 PM
Obviously(I stole that from Herm!!!!)

This is a must win for the Chiefs..and they have to come right out and smack the 49ers in the face..It's also important for the Chiefs to take a lead and continue to attack(no predictable/conservative playcalling after taking the lead)regardless of whether they have Huard at QB..
JMO

Wile_E_Coyote
10-01-2006, 01:56 PM
way to step up Herm