PDA

View Full Version : Jared Allen traded to the Bengals???

Chiefnj
09-29-2006, 12:41 PM
Well, not yet but it is being reported Jared got his second DUI last night.

Get a cab guys.

Brock
I never heard about the first one.

JBucc
Does that = suspension?

MichaelH
09-29-2006, 12:44 PM
Freakin wonderful! :rolleyes:

Skip Towne
09-29-2006, 12:45 PM
Link?

Chiefnj
09-29-2006, 12:46 PM
Chiefs DE Jared Allen Arrested for Second Alleged DUI Charge
9/29/06 at 1:17 pm; ChiefsWarpath.com

[ChiefsHuddle.com] Chiefshuddle.com has confirmed through the Leawood, Kansas Police Department that Chiefs Defensive End Jared S. Allen born 04/03/82 was arrested early Tuesday morning (9/26/06) and released with a "notice to appear" on alleged charges of Driving Under the Influence.
This is Allen’s second DUI arrest in less than five months. He was first arrested on May 15, 2006 in Overland Park, Kansas. According to the Overland Park Municipal Court website, Allen entered a diversion program on July 25, 2006 on charges of Driving Under the Influence and Speeding. If the judge revokes Allen's diversion from the first DUI he could face up to a $1,500.00 fine and up to one year in jail if convicted on a second offense DUI, a class A, nonperson misdemeanor per Kansas State Statute 8-1567.

It is still unclear at this time what repercussions these alleged DUI charges will have on Jared Allen and the Kansas City Chiefs Chiefs if Jared Allen is convicted, once the policy violations are reviewed by the NFL. Kansas City Chiefs fans will remember this situation all to well from flashbacks of a four game suspension with former Chiefs Defensive Back Eric Warfield in 2005 on his third DUI charge in as many years.

sedated
09-29-2006, 12:47 PM
wow, never heard about the first.

oh well. it took Eric 3 before he got suspended.

party at Jared's house

NaptownChief
09-29-2006, 12:50 PM
I guess I wasn't the only one driven to drink after an 0-2 start.

Bob Dole
09-29-2006, 12:51 PM
Bob Dole keeps hoping that he'll wake up and discover the season hasn't really started and this is all just a really bad nightmare.

Brock
09-29-2006, 12:52 PM
Apparently the first one happened in college, along with an assault charge.

GoodDaySir!
09-29-2006, 12:56 PM
Imagine this guy with the Bam Morris/Tamarick Vanover drug lord team!

Nzoner
09-29-2006, 12:56 PM
Bob Dole keeps hoping that he'll wake up and discover the season hasn't really started and this is all just a really bad nightmare.

Speaking of waking up,good morning,how was the birthday?

FAX
09-29-2006, 12:58 PM
When will this end?

The next thing you know, we'll be eating little green hairy balls.

FAX

sedated
09-29-2006, 12:59 PM
Apparently the first one happened in college, along with an assault charge.

um...

He was first arrested on May 15, 2006 in Overland Park, Kansas.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-29-2006, 01:01 PM
This is a f*cking nightmare of a season. Herm is like Martin Short's character in "Pure Luck". Get him the hell away from us. We need a goddamned Shaman to get the voodoo curse off of this team.

chefsos
09-29-2006, 01:02 PM
Well, shit. Looks like he's got three now. See the last line of the story dated 1/19/05:

http://www.isubengal.com/home/index.cfm?event=displayArticlePrinterFriendly&uStory_id=4a2b3e73-8bc7-4b85-8adc-e1cb5fee1b37

Pitt Gorilla
09-29-2006, 01:03 PM
What a moron. How do you not learn after the first charge? Perhaps we should trade him.

Nzoner
09-29-2006, 01:07 PM
I'm sure driving around in a car with with bull horns on the hood is not helping matters any.

old_geezer
09-29-2006, 01:08 PM
And now for those of you who thought Eric Hicks was only a bad memory............... :huh:

Donger
09-29-2006, 01:09 PM
Wasn't this foretold in the Book of Revelation?

JFC

chiefz
09-29-2006, 01:11 PM
It's true folks, I confirmed it this morning about 10:30AM with the Leewood PD myself.

the Talking Can
09-29-2006, 01:11 PM
this season sucks balls

ferrarispider95
09-29-2006, 01:14 PM
i blame eric hicks

Archie Bunker
This season just seems doomed from the start. Hopefully he wont miss any time.

jynni
Well, shit. Looks like he's got three now. See the last line of the story dated 1/19/05:

http://www.isubengal.com/home/index.cfm?event=displayArticlePrinterFriendly&uStory_id=4a2b3e73-8bc7-4b85-8adc-e1cb5fee1b37
But that one wouldn't count since he didn't play in the NFL when it happened? Right?

God - how ****ing stupid do you have to be...

tk13
09-29-2006, 01:16 PM
Do DUI's in college count toward your total? I have no idea... but it took the NFL forever to figure out Warfield had 3 DUI's. If they all count, he's in trouble.

HemiEd
09-29-2006, 01:17 PM
I'm sure driving around in a car with with bull horns on the hood is not helping matters any.

Not just any car either, an old caddy convertible, 67 I think. Fairly high profile.

FAX
09-29-2006, 01:18 PM
Surely a pre-NFL DUI would not count.

Either way, 3 DUIs indicates some genuine stupidity on Allen's part. There's really no excuse for that.

FAX

NaptownChief
09-29-2006, 01:20 PM
Do DUI's in college count toward your total? I have no idea... but it took the NFL forever to figure out Warfield had 3 DUI's. If they all count, he's in trouble.

Whether the NFL counts them or not the judge sure will....Each county and states are different but most will make a three time offender spend some pretty lengthy time in the slam....3-12 month range would be fairly typical...with work realease.

ct
09-29-2006, 01:21 PM
Is anyone really surprised? Jared Allen does not have the look of the sharpest tool in the shed.

TinyEvel
09-29-2006, 01:21 PM
Not noted: They found Boomer Grigsby in the trunk, in his underpants.

Chiefnj
09-29-2006, 01:24 PM
Surely a pre-NFL DUI would not count.

Either way, 3 DUIs indicates some genuine stupidity on Allen's part. There's really no excuse for that.

FAX

I don't know. Didn't Jamal Lewis get suspended a few games before he ever signed an NFL contract? He was drafted by the Ravens at the time of the incident but was not yet under contract.

Baby Lee
09-29-2006, 01:25 PM
Herm's gonna have some 'splainin' to do when Jared reveals he got drunk on fermented fig newton squeezin's.

tk13
09-29-2006, 01:28 PM
Whether the NFL counts them or not the judge sure will....Each county and states are different but most will make a three time offender spend some pretty lengthy time in the slam....3-12 month range would be fairly typical...with work realease.
Warfield just had to do the house arrest thing, didn't he? Had to wear the ankle bracelet and all that. Let's find that judge again.

FAX
09-29-2006, 01:30 PM
I don't know. Didn't Jamal Lewis get suspended a few games before he ever signed an NFL contract? He was drafted by the Ravens at the time of the incident but was not yet under contract.

This does sound familiar, Mr. Chiefnj, as you mention the episode. But, I don't recall the exact details.

If it is true that they count them all, JA should have his kiwi squeezed.

FAX

JBucc
09-29-2006, 01:34 PM
What an idiot. If he's out that means Hicks will be over there right? What happened to Wilkerson? Wasn't he good in the preseason?

NaptownChief
09-29-2006, 01:36 PM
What an idiot. If he's out that means Hicks will be over there right? What happened to Wilkerson? Wasn't he good in the preseason?

I would sure hope Wilkerson would be the one playing in his place as opposed to Hicks...However I'm guessing Allen will keep playing until this runs it's course through the legal system which could take awhile.

Brock
09-29-2006, 01:37 PM
I would sure hope Wilkerson would be the one playing in his place as opposed to Hicks...However I'm guessing Allen will keep playing until this runs it's course through the legal system which could take awhile.

Yes, I doubt this will affect this season at all.

Bob Dole
Speaking of waking up,good morning,how was the birthday?

Better than this abortion of a season...

Went and had too much too drink while listening to Melody Moore (http://www.myspace.com/melodymoore) do her thing.

Chiefnj
At least we have a little more insight on Vermeil's famous quote about Hicks being a good locker room presence when the Chiefs were 0-3. What he really meant was "Eric doesn't get three sheets to the wind piss drunk like the rest of these dumb ass kids. Eric's too stupid to get drunk. Now excuse me while I soak my head in a barrel of cabernet with Eric and Jared."

ct
09-29-2006, 01:41 PM

I'm thinking that the 'incident' occurred before his NFL career started, but the investigation didn't fully implicate and then prosecute him until much later. Just my fuzzy recolection, however.

Regardless, with his now 2nd offense, he should already be in the 1st offender program, now will be looking at 4 games once the prosecution concludes. If convicted that is.

chiefz
09-29-2006, 01:41 PM
Keep in mind that he's only received a notice to appear, he hasn't actually been "convicted" in a court of law yet. It will probably be pushed back by the attorney for months.

JBucc
09-29-2006, 01:43 PM
If we go 0-3 he should just plead guilty and serve his time or whatever he's gotta do during the latter half of the year, go through rehab or whatever in the offseason and be brand spanking new for next year's Super Bowl run. On Madden. In real life we'll suck.

sedated
09-29-2006, 01:44 PM

I'm probably wrong, but...

I don't think it has to do with the number of DUI's, just the charge.

A 3rd DUI is a felony, a drug-related felony, which is what triggers the NFL suspension

:shrug:

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2006, 01:44 PM
Keep in mind that he's only received a notice to appear, he hasn't actually been "convicted" in a court of law yet. It will probably be pushed back by the attorney for months.

Right, which means he'll probably miss the first four games of next season. Personally, I'd rather see him get it over with now, since this season is pretty much down the crapper.

Next year could be a different story.

GoHuge
09-29-2006, 01:45 PM
I don't know. Didn't Jamal Lewis get suspended a few games before he ever signed an NFL contract? He was drafted by the Ravens at the time of the incident but was not yet under contract.Jamal Lewis was charged with I think some sort of drug deal. Little bigger in the eyes of the law, but just as stupid. At least he only did it once. This clown just doesn't get it.

HemiEd
09-29-2006, 01:49 PM
If we go 0-3 he should just plead guilty and serve his time or whatever he's gotta do during the latter half of the year, go through rehab or whatever in the offseason and be brand spanking new for next year's Super Bowl run. On Madden. In real life we'll suck.

NFL did not let that happen with Warfield. We are doomed.

FAX
Right, which means he'll probably miss the first four games of next season. Personally, I'd rather see him get it over with now, since this season is pretty much down the crapper.

Next year could be a different story.

I don't think this season is in the crapper, Mr. DaneMcCloud. It is hovering just above the crapper awaiting the final pinch that will drop it into crapper oblivion.

Anyway, maybe this is good news. Perhaps the team will rally around JA now and start playing well. They could put little "I support our police" stickers on their helmets or something.

FAX

JBucc
NFL did not let that happen with Warfield. We are doomed.In that case we'll have to trade him for Julius Peppers and Steve Smith. That sounds fair.

ct
09-29-2006, 01:50 PM
I'm probably wrong, but...

I don't think it has to do with the number of DUI's, just the charge.

A 3rd DUI is a felony, a drug-related felony, which is what triggers the NFL suspension

:shrug:

If the 1st incident was in Idaho, then it's only a 2nd offense according to KS. Since his 1st in KS resulted in a diversion program (only offered to 1st time offenders), that leads me to believe that the other referred to was in Idaho, and is N/A.

sedated
09-29-2006, 01:54 PM
If the 1st incident was in Idaho, then it's only a 2nd offense according to KS. Since his 1st in KS resulted in a diversion program (only offered to 1st time offenders), that leads me to believe that the other referred to was in Idaho, and is N/A.

that could hold some water.

Eric had diversion on his first, suspension on third.

if Jared had diversion for his most recent one, he is still one away from suspension

let's go get drunk!

Skip Towne
09-29-2006, 01:55 PM
Strong as an ox and nearly as smart.

HemiEd
09-29-2006, 01:57 PM
Dammit Carl! You should have given him that big contract instead of waiting! :cuss:

JBucc
09-29-2006, 01:59 PM
Dammit Carl! You should have given him that big contract instead of waiting! :cuss:That's probably why this happened, poor guy couldn't afford a cab.

Psyko Tek
09-29-2006, 01:59 PM
Jebus Crispies
the idiot is makeing more money than most of us do inna decade and can't hire a cab

ct
09-29-2006, 02:00 PM
that could hold some water.

Eric had diversion on his first, suspension on third.

if Jared had diversion for his most recent one, he is still one away from suspension

let's go get drunk!

Actually the rumors were the NFL dropped the ball on Warfield's 2nd conviction, and he should have been suspended 4 games for that, then 1 year for the 3rd conviction. But since they'd already missed it, didn't skip the 2nd step of the program, and only went with 4 games. Could be all BS though, that was just the rumors.

JBucc
09-29-2006, 02:00 PM
I want some Rice Crispies now. Haven't had those in ages.

Rain Man
09-29-2006, 02:01 PM
If I had a bottle of pain pills, I'd quite possibly take a couple and feign a suicide attempt.

blueballs
09-29-2006, 02:05 PM
does anybody ever get busted
for driving while high?
take up the sticky icky

Brock
09-29-2006, 02:07 PM
for driving while high?
take up the sticky icky

better just stay home
you can't fool a dog

KcMizzou
09-29-2006, 02:11 PM
for driving while high?
take up the sticky ickystoners arent motivated enough to drive
unless its to taco bell

Rain Man
09-29-2006, 02:14 PM
better just stay home
you can't fool a dog

True story: a cousin of mine was a highway patrolman for several years, and in one of his stops he had some reason to suspect drugs. They brought in a drug-sniffing dog, and the dog barked and stuff and they searched the car and found a whole bunch of drugs. My cousin was all stoked about it because it was a big bust, but then the drug-sniffing dog got stoked up and attacked him. He got teased about it a lot afterward, apparently.

siberian khatru
09-29-2006, 02:14 PM
stoners arent motivated enough to drive
unless its to taco bell

I tried to go through the Taco Bell drive-thru today to get lunch. And for the second time in a month, the car four cars ahead of me just sat at the ordering ... microphone ... box thingie. And sat. And sat. And sat. More than 5 minutes go by, nearly 10. No movement. And keep in mind, there are three more cars after him before I get my turn at bat.

So I just pulled out of the line and went to Burger King. Again. For the second time in a month.

And I wasn't even stoned.

Rain Man
09-29-2006, 02:17 PM
I tried to go through the Taco Bell drive-thru today to get lunch. And for the second time in a month, the car four cars ahead of me just sat at the ordering ... microphone ... box thingie. And sat. And sat. And sat. More than 5 minutes go by, nearly 10. No movement. And keep in mind, there are three more cars after him before I get my turn at bat.

So I just pulled out of the line and went to Burger King. Again. For the second time in a month.

Maybe it was siesta time inside the Taco Bell.

sedated
09-29-2006, 02:19 PM

why didn't you get your sober ass out of your car and go INSIDE?

siberian khatru
09-29-2006, 02:19 PM
why didn't you get your sober ass out of your car and go INSIDE?

That would take too long.

Rain Man
09-29-2006, 02:20 PM
I wonder if they have Taco Bells in Mexico.

Easy 6
09-29-2006, 02:26 PM
The fifth Angel poured his bowl on the throne of the Beast, and its kingdom was in darkness; men gnawed their tongues in anguish and cursed the God of Heaven for their pain and sores and did not repent of their deeds..........................I wish i was big enough to STRANGLE that jackass.

RP_McMurphy
09-29-2006, 02:27 PM
All jokes aside it's pretty serious 3 DUI's already and he's not even 25. It's only a matter of luck he hasn't killed himself or someone else. I am not a angel myself as I got a DUI on October 7, 1994 and know how it feels to be sitting in a jail cell wondering how stupid am I. I blew a .18 and hit a tree at 55mph on a back country road in Rhode Island. Sad thing is I totaled my new 94 Ram with paper tags on it. It was 13K in damage. That certainly awoke me and I don't drink these days.

NaptownChief
09-29-2006, 02:33 PM

Nah...the only people that would work there have moved up here.

NaptownChief
09-29-2006, 02:35 PM
Sad thing is I totaled my new 94 Ram with paper tags on it. It was 13K in damage. That certainly awoke me and I don't drink these days.

Did the insurance company pick up any of that tab or did they decline because you were performing illegal activity?

RP_McMurphy
09-29-2006, 02:43 PM
No I missed the cutoff by 500 dollars. Bodyshop couldn't squeeze it down as I did major, major damage to the whole rear end.

Did the insurance company pick up any of that tab or did they decline because you were performing illegal activity?

Ultra Peanut
09-29-2006, 02:49 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

**** this season in the face.

Hammock Parties
09-29-2006, 02:50 PM
Great. Just ****ing fantastic. If Allen gets suspended, our pass rush will disappear.

svuba
09-29-2006, 02:57 PM
Great. Just ****ing fantastic. If Allen gets suspended, our pass rush will disappear.

It's unbelievable to me that King Carl didn't see this coming - - This team cant' draft for shit

chiefqueen
09-29-2006, 03:15 PM
Why hasn't this been in Star yet?

Nzoner
09-29-2006, 03:17 PM
Better than this abortion of a season...

Went and had too much too drink while listening to Melody Moore (http://www.myspace.com/melodymoore) do her thing.

I like the voice,reminds me a little bit of Etheridge.

Skyy God
09-29-2006, 03:22 PM
It's unbelievable to me that King Carl didn't see this coming - - This team cant' draft for shit

The front office does have resources to, I don't know, investigate potential draftee's character. Like whether they're involved in bar fights every weekend. Which might be indicator of bad judgement and a predictor of future off-field incidents.

Not that I'm blaming Carl. Allen was a great draft pick. Now drafting Boomer as his drinking buddy, that's another story.

Nzoner
09-29-2006, 03:25 PM
stoners arent motivated enough to drive
unless its to taco bell

A stoner was the first to have the idea of delivering pizza to one's front door.

The Rick
09-29-2006, 03:25 PM
The slogan "make a run for the border" would take on a whole new meaning, wouldn't it?

Sfeihc
09-29-2006, 04:05 PM
If Allen has to take a four game vacation that means more Hicks! :banghead: :doh!: :spock: :# :grr:

Fire Me Boy!
09-29-2006, 04:06 PM
At least he doesn't look like Paul Reubens, Vince Vaughn or Nick Nolte.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=61804&stc=1

jspchief
09-29-2006, 04:43 PM
So he's had two DUIs this year?

What a stupid f*ck. Kiss your contract negotiations goodbye you piece of shit.

blueballs
09-29-2006, 04:48 PM
he refused to take the breathalizer
or how ever you spell it

Coach
09-29-2006, 05:03 PM
If Allen has to take a four game vacation that means more Hicks! :banghead: :doh!: :spock: :# :grr:

Allen has to be convicted first before the NFL makes a decision on what type of a suspension he'll be getting.

And more than likely that his lawyer will keep pushing the dates back. So my best guess would be that he may more than likely serve them in the beginning of the 2007 season.

And hopefully Hicks is long gone by the time.

Coach
09-29-2006, 05:06 PM
So he's had two DUIs this year?

2 DUI's within the 4 month span.

OmahaChief
09-29-2006, 05:07 PM
Allen needs to grow up.

Psyko Tek
09-29-2006, 05:10 PM

i'm surprised they have them in AZ
worst excuse fro mex food in the world

Hammock Parties
09-29-2006, 05:18 PM

Wilkerson would get the start. But yes, more Hicks most likely.

Hammock Parties
09-29-2006, 05:19 PM
If I was Herm, I'd sit Allen down for the first quarter against the 49ers. Give Wilkerson the start and teach Allen a lesson.

Hootie
09-29-2006, 05:19 PM
he refused to take the breathalizer
or how ever you spell it
that's a good thing for him...

His lawyer should be able to plea him out of a DUI if this is the case.

Deberg_1990
09-29-2006, 05:32 PM
Allen has to be convicted first before the NFL makes a decision on what type of a suspension he'll be getting.

After the Leneord Little incidents, you would think the NFL would lay the hammer down??

ChiefsGirl
09-29-2006, 06:06 PM
Why hasn't this been in Star yet?

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/local/15642389.htm

Chiefs defensive end charged with DUI
Associated Press

LEAWOOD, Kan. - Kansas City Chiefs defensive end Jared Allen was charged Friday with driving under the influence after a police officer pulled him over for driving erratically earlier this week, police said.

Leawood Police Capt. Dale Finger said police pulled Allen over around 1:30 a.m. Tuesday after following a Dodge Charger that was not staying in the lane.

Finger said Allen, who was alone in the car, refused to undergo sobriety testing and to take a breathalyzer test, so the officer placed him under arrest for DUI.

In Kansas, not submitting to a breath test earns an automatic suspension of the driver's license.

Allen was not put in jail but given a notice to appear in court on Oct. 25, Finger said. The officer then drove Allen home.

Neither Allen nor the Chiefs would comment on the incident Friday.

Through the first two games of the season, Allen has 10 tackles, three assists and a sack. Last season, he led the team with 11 sacks and had 44 tackles and 27 assists.

Coach
09-29-2006, 06:21 PM
After the Leneord Little incidents, you would think the NFL would lay the hammer down??

I honestly don't know. The NFL sure as hell can't suspend him until after the legal system makes it's course and all that.

I don't know if the NFL will determine that it will be his first DUI, or a 2nd, since the first time happened in May. So this, I don't know.

And as for Leonard Little, while I don't like people driving drunk, Little killed a driver on a different vechile, didn't he? If so, it is manslaughter. Fortunately for Allen, he didn't kill someone during the process, you know?

sedated
09-29-2006, 06:22 PM
I love driving drunk

it's one of my hobbies, along with stealing baby jesuses from nativity scenes at christmas

Hydrae
09-29-2006, 06:23 PM
In Kansas, not submitting to a breath test earns an automatic suspension of the driver's license.

Hopefully that will keep this from happening again.

Either that or he will get popped for driving suspended AND DUI. :banghead:

Rausch
09-29-2006, 06:32 PM
Depends on how the NFL rules are written.

I know that in MO. if he refused a test it can't be proven he was drinking and driving or doing anything illegal.

Now, if the NFL says refusing a test lands you the same punishment he's screwed.

Deberg_1990
09-29-2006, 06:36 PM
And as for Leonard Little, while I don't like people driving drunk, Little killed a driver on a different vechile, didn't he? If so, it is manslaughter. Fortunately for Allen, he didn't kill someone during the process, you know?

Yea, but Little was drunk when he killed that woman. Then he got pulled over for another DUI in St Louis about 2 years ago...

So much for the Vermeil profile myth...

Iowanian
09-29-2006, 06:49 PM
what a dumb F@xk.

"wow man...me and boomer are party boys..wooo hooo"

Maybe a few less nights on the town boozing would add a couple of sacks to the resume' come contract time, eh JarKoren Roballenson?

Chiefnj
09-29-2006, 06:59 PM
Sounds like it a was a smart move not to take any field tests. Most people take it because it's an automatic 6 month license revocation if you don't. It's a hardship for most people to lose their license for that amount of time. But if you are a rich football player you can afford a car service for 6 months. Boomer will probably drive him if he lets him drive the caddy.

Hootie
09-29-2006, 07:17 PM
Sounds like it a was a smart move not to take any field tests. Most people take it because it's an automatic 6 month license revocation if you don't. It's a hardship for most people to lose their license for that amount of time. But if you are a rich football player you can afford a car service for 6 months. Boomer will probably drive him if he lets him drive the caddy.
Exactly. That's the smartest thing he could've done. By the time they could legally MAKE him submit a blood test, chances are he'd be under the legal limit...plus I'm sure the legal system is so overbooked in KS that the state's attorney will just make a deal with Allen's attorney, and he might lose his license but he won't get a DUI.

It's sad, but this isn't preferable treatment...happens every day in every state.

jspchief
09-29-2006, 07:43 PM
Yea, Allen's a real genius for refusing the test. That's almost as smart as just calling a cab.

In IA, you can get convicted without blood or breath test, based solely on the officer's expert testimony. I'd be surprised if that's not the case eveywhere. That being said, I imagine the state attorney has better uses of their time than to take all these cases to trial.

Regardless of conviction, it's disappointing to say the least. I'd prefer that the guys I root for on Sunday not be dumbasses. I've gone from considering getting an Allen jersey to hoping we don't re-sign him.

wazu
09-29-2006, 07:54 PM
Lock him up and throw away the key. We don't need a "Leonard Little" story in KC.

Hootie
09-29-2006, 07:56 PM
hahahahahaha.

I didn't say Allen was "smart" for driving under the influence. However, I've had a few beers and driven before, I'm not saying it's the RIGHT thing to do...but it happens.

and hoping we don't re-sign him? Haha. Ok.

wazu
09-29-2006, 07:59 PM
hahahahahaha.

I didn't say Allen was "smart" for driving under the influence. However, I've had a few beers and driven before, I'm not saying it's the RIGHT thing to do...but it happens.

and hoping we don't re-sign him? Haha. Ok.

Have you gotten three DUIs? Are you a millionaire that could afford to just have a full-time driver escort you around town?

I used to be a big Jared Allen fan, but my respect for him just disappeared. He's a moron. Glad I never invested in a jersey.

DT4everaChief
09-29-2006, 10:06 PM
I thought we cut Eric Warfield oh my misstake we are talking about Jared Allen. What a bunch of over paid idots.

Frazod
09-29-2006, 10:08 PM
I thought we cut Eric Warfield oh my misstake we are talking about Jared Allen. What a bunch of over paid idots.

You misspelled "idiots." LMAO

milkman
09-29-2006, 10:11 PM
You misspelled "idiots." LMAO

He also misspelled "mistake".

I think it's a mistake for idiots to post.

djrcmay
09-29-2006, 10:15 PM
dumb post.

ChiTown
09-29-2006, 10:29 PM
Yea, Allen's a real genius for refusing the test. That's almost as smart as just calling a cab.

In IA, you can get convicted without blood or breath test, based solely on the officer's expert testimony. I'd be surprised if that's not the case eveywhere. That being said, I imagine the state attorney has better uses of their time than to take all these cases to trial.

Regardless of conviction, it's disappointing to say the least. I'd prefer that the guys I root for on Sunday not be dumbasses. I've gone from considering getting an Allen jersey to hoping we don't re-sign him.

Eh, I plead being a dumbass, admittedly. I drove drunk all the time for a good 25+ year stretch of my life. On July 30th, 2004 that all changed.

I finally got caught, and I was doing 78 in a 45 coming home from a night out with the boys. It was the most humilating, life changing experience I have ever been through. Since that time, I have never, not once, had as much as one drink if I'm driving. For me, there are 2 things that keep me from repeating this stupidity:

1. I could have killed or injured someone else that night - which is hard to even think about now.

2. I have two little kids, and I don't want them thinking their Dad's "and idiot". They struggled with that concept enough when I didn't drive drunk. Point is, I want to teach them to be responsible, and it would be tough to do that if I was being a drinken, drivin' hypocrite.

boogblaster
09-29-2006, 11:11 PM
we should contact Al Davis his players pass-out with needles in their arms and dont even get charged or suspended.....

Discuss Thrower
09-29-2006, 11:18 PM
Great... Swell improvement to the D-line.

Smed1065
09-29-2006, 11:50 PM
Exactly. That's the smartest thing he could've done. By the time they could legally MAKE him submit a blood test, chances are he'd be under the legal limit...plus I'm sure the legal system is so overbooked in KS that the state's attorney will just make a deal with Allen's attorney, and he might lose his license but he won't get a DUI.

It's sad, but this isn't preferable treatment...happens every day in every state.

Did you miss the part where it said the cop then GAVE HIM A RIDE HOME?

How many here have had a DUI and the cop gave you a ride home afterwards? Your home, not theirs.

That is "preferable" treatment, heck the cop probably told him to refuse the test. IMO.

Sure-Oz
09-30-2006, 12:57 AM
What a dumb****, man i hate hearing this stupid shit.

Rausch
09-30-2006, 01:40 AM

Allen doesn't mix his booze with pain killers...

Demonpenz
09-30-2006, 12:09 PM
i took a cab home to fuel to my home on gregory blvd 30 dollars but i know i wouldn't kill someone or get a dwi. Man i really wish i had that 30 dollars right now for video games.

jlscorpio
09-30-2006, 12:57 PM
I guess the "Wild-Ass Country Boy" schtick is officially old now.

milkman
09-30-2006, 01:00 PM
I guess the "Wild-Ass Country Boy" schtick is officially old now.

The "Wild-Ass Country Boy" schtick never gets old, but the "Dumbass Drunk" schtick is never fresh.

shaneo69
10-01-2006, 05:01 PM
Wait a minute. Are we sure it wasn't the Bucs QB named Jared Allen that got the DUI?

Bwana
10-01-2006, 05:05 PM

You're exactly right. He will end up getting out of it with a good lawyer. He is still a stupid SOB for putting himself in that position.

shaneo69
10-01-2006, 05:08 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=61804&stc=1

Two comments about his mug shot....

1) I think it would've been pretty funny if he would've crossed his eyes like he did for the Monday Night Football and Arrowhead scoreboard close-up shots.

2) Was he in the process of getting his hair cut when he got the DUI? Looks like he's wearing one of those barber shop capes.