PDA

View Full Version : herm quotes, just wondering what your take on these are....

neckdemon
09-29-2006, 08:19 PM
HERM’S TERMS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

•On their struggles in the red zone:

“We’re not very good in the red area. We’ve turned the ball over, and we haven’t scored points. It’s like going to the bank, all of the sudden you forget your card and you can’t withdraw your money. You’ve got to go home, and when you come back the bank’s closed.

“For some reason I’m getting labeled as a field-goal kicker. But I want to score touchdowns, I really do. And this team needs to do that. We need to play with a lead. We need to play with more than a three-point lead and see how we play. Because all of the sudden you play a little bit different on defense. Your whole mind-set changes as a football team.”

•On why he thinks he’s labeled as a field-goal kicker:

“Oh, I don’t know, because we go down and kick field goals every once in a while. I don’t write the stuff … I want to score touchdowns, I really do. Touchdowns are worth more than field goals.”

•On whether this game is a must-win:

“I thought we’d have a better record than this. But we don’t. We need to win a game. We need to win a game for a lot of reasons. We need to win a game so we can get some confidence. When you win a game, you gain more confidence as a football team. We played against two pretty good football teams, but that’s no excuse. We had a chance in both games to win and we didn’t do it. So we have to win a football game.”

•On Damon Huard’s confidence:

“I think it’s better. I think it’s good. He went through it and did a good job, and I think the team rallied around him. We’ve got to continue to rally around him because he’s our quarterback. At the end of the day, he’s the quarterback. You’ve got to rally around the quarterback and we’ve got to help him to be a good quarterback — coaches and players. And then he’s got to orchestrate some things and he’s got to make some throws that he needs to make, period. And we’ve got to give him the ability to do that and when we do, he has to throw it, we’ve got to catch it, and we’ve got to block for him.”

•On whether Rod Gardner could play Sunday:

“He’s a fast study and he could be playing this week. No doubt about it.”

This is from the KC star. I love the going to the bank analagy on his analysis of their "red area" performance, i just wish i knew what the hell he was talking about. or how about the amazing revelation of td's being worth more than field goals? as a jets fan, i didn't see the humor in this stuff while he was in ny, from the outside looking in, it's priceless......

blueballs
09-29-2006, 08:20 PM
long time no smack

neckdemon
09-29-2006, 08:21 PM
long time no smack

this isn't smack, i really am curious about what KC fans think about some of these sound bites.

JBucc
09-29-2006, 08:22 PM
Nothing will ever top the Fig Newtons.

DaFace
09-29-2006, 08:25 PM
Although I'd like to see him take the leash off of Huard a bit, I don't have a huge problem with the way he's coached the team so far. We've yet to start the same OL for two weeks, and our starting QB is still seeing tweety birds every once in a while. What else could he do?

As for his quotes, he likes to talk. You like it or you don't. I don't think his off-the-wall analogies affect his coaching style, personally. At least he doesn't blame every problem on the other team like DV was prone to do.

Hammock Parties
09-29-2006, 08:27 PM
How is Mangina doing? Everytime I see him I laugh. He is such a soft bitch. I bet there is not a single player that respects him in New York.

Basileus777
09-29-2006, 08:30 PM
How is Mangina doing? Everytime I see him I laugh. He is such a soft bitch. I bet there is not a single player that respects him in New York.

Soft? Say what you want about Mangini, but he is hardly soft on the players. He ran a really tough camp and took alot of heat from the media for it.

neckdemon
09-29-2006, 08:32 PM

can't really complain yet. 2-1 and hasn't looked outclassed in any game yet.

09-29-2006, 08:33 PM
to my buddy neckdemon,

All you have to do is read the numerous threads on Herm's Q and A here to get the opinions of the people on this board..

Did you really have to start a thread about it???

09-29-2006, 08:34 PM
your crazy GoChiefs..you might know the Chiefs..but you have no clue about the Jets

neckdemon
09-29-2006, 08:40 PM
to my buddy neckdemon,

All you have to do is read the numerous threads on Herm's Q and A here to get the opinions of the people on this board..

Did you really have to start a thread about it???

ummm, i don't see the problem. i didn't start the thread to talk shit. and yeah, i really wanted to start a thread about it. i'm not going to come here and look through all the threads to find out. i don't have enough time to do that. this way, all i have to do is come here occasionally and look for one thread. is that ok with you?

09-29-2006, 08:43 PM
ummm, i don't see the problem. i didn't start the thread to talk shit. and yeah, i really wanted to start a thread about it. i'm not going to come here and look through all the threads to find out. i don't have enough time to do that. this way, all i have to do is come here occasionally and look for one thread. is that ok with you?
whatever dude..shoot your load!!!

DaFace
09-29-2006, 08:47 PM
I can't complain about the thread. Is the topic overdone? Definitely. But neckdemon's not being an ass about it on the surface at least (this time, anyway).

Hammock Parties
09-29-2006, 08:50 PM
your crazy GoChiefs..you might know the Chiefs..but you have no clue about the Jets

I've seen his press conferences. They scream "soft bitch."

09-29-2006, 08:53 PM
HAHA!!Link??

He screamed at Brian schott on the sidelines more than a couple of times..
The Jets are more prepared now than they ever have been before.they are not predictable.and now they attack on offense and defense

where are you getting all of this misinformation???

Basileus777
09-29-2006, 08:55 PM

You don't know what you are talking about. If anything Mangini is being criticized for being too hard. You must be confused, Herm is in KC now.

Hammock Parties
09-29-2006, 08:55 PM
You'll change your tune after Indy ass-rapes your squad. And Jacksonville will gut you good.

Hammock Parties
09-29-2006, 08:56 PM
You don't know what you are talking about. If anything Mangini is being criticized for being too hard. You must be confused, Herm is in KC now.

I didn't say he was soft on the players.

JBucc
09-29-2006, 08:57 PM
I didn't say he was soft on the players.Oh. I gotcha;)

09-29-2006, 08:58 PM
You'll change your tune after Indy ass-rapes your squad. And Jacksonville will gut you good.
Redneck does not like playing physical teams that jam his receivers on the line of scrimmage..which is exactly what the Jets are going to do..

The Colts are a soft finesse team that is going to be bitch slapped on sunday!!

Hammock Parties
09-29-2006, 09:00 PM
That's humorous. Care to place a wager?

09-29-2006, 09:02 PM
That's humorous. Care to place a wager?
How about some omaha steaks???
can you afford them out of your piggy bank??

Hammock Parties
09-29-2006, 09:04 PM
I don't want your steak. I want your sig.

Does GoChiefs have a paypal account??? :hmmm:

I don't want your steak. I want your sig.
well then..whats the wager???

what sig???

Hammock Parties
09-29-2006, 09:08 PM
Sigs. Rest of the season.

09-29-2006, 09:09 PM
Sigs. Rest of the season.
that depends on what we agree on Sig wise..right??
so I will let you go first.. ;)

Hammock Parties
09-29-2006, 09:10 PM
Whatever you want. Image, text, combination, etc.

09-29-2006, 09:11 PM
Whatever you want. Image, picture, combination, etc.
Are you sure?? o:-)

Hammock Parties
09-29-2006, 09:12 PM
Positive.

09-29-2006, 09:13 PM
Positive.
Ok..deal..thats how confident I am..

listopencil
09-29-2006, 09:32 PM
I don't know, when he talks to the press Herm reminds me of the coach from Waterboy that Henry Winkler played.

TN_Chief
09-30-2006, 07:09 AM
IMO...Herm scares the shi* out of me. D has looked better so far this season, but O has taken giant steps backwards, and I don't accept the idea that the Roaf/Green situations should have resulted in a total of 9 points. This is big-boy football...if you want to make excuses, you don't belong in this league.

The Chiefs could win the next 10 in a row, and while I'd be totally stoked, I'd still be waiting for what I view as the inevitable Herm ****up. Based on his coaching history...I think he's one of those guys that finds a way to lose (as opposed to finding a way to win).

Now...please go out and win the next 10 in a row.

Jilly
09-30-2006, 07:13 AM
I'm really impressed by his intelligence, "touchdowns are worth more than field goals", that's genius right there.