PDA

View Full Version : Rotating CB's?

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
10-01-2006, 02:49 PM
I noticed during the game that Ty Law would take off a series and the Chiefs had Surtain and Walls in the game. The following series it would be Surtain on the sidelines while Law and Walls were in, then it was Law and Surtain in the game while Walls was out. There was no mention of it on the TV (of course). Did the radio mention anything about it and why they were doing it.

Rain Man
10-01-2006, 02:50 PM
I didn't notice that. I did see Walls getting some time, though.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-01-2006, 02:51 PM
I noticed some 44 out there as well, don't recall any 49

keg in kc
10-01-2006, 02:51 PM
We've been doing it all season. We basically have 3 starting corners. Often in nickel and dime, Walls will play outside and either Surtain or Law will move into the slot.

ChiefsfaninPA
10-01-2006, 02:52 PM
They have been doing this all season thus far. I don't know the reason but it is working.

ChiefsfaninPA
10-01-2006, 02:53 PM
I noticed some 44 out there as well, don't recall any 49

He has gotten a lot of playing time every game. But usually when Knight was out. I saw him out there with Knight today and Wesley was out.

keg in kc
I noticed some 44 out there as well, don't recall any 49I saw Pollard in late, I think, but it was still mostly Page getting the PT.

NJ Chief Fan
surtain and law are older, i believe its to keep them fresher

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
We've been doing it all season. We basically have 3 starting corners. Often in nickel and dime, Walls will play outside and either Surtain or Law will move into the slot.

I know that, but this was in the 2 receiver sets. It wasn't in nickel or dime coverage.

keg in kc
He has gotten a lot of playing time every game. But usually when Knight was out. I saw him out there with Knight today and Wesley was out.I thought I saw that as well - on the play where Knight got his INT, but I wasn't 100% sure.

keg in kc
10-01-2006, 02:54 PM
I know that, but this was in the 2 receiver sets. It wasn't in nickel or dime coverage.The nickel and dime comment was in addition to the first thing I said...

Walls has been giving both Law and Surtain breathers all season long.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-01-2006, 02:55 PM
I thought I saw that as well - on the play where Knight got his INT, but I wasn't 100% sure.

yes, that was him

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
10-01-2006, 02:58 PM
The nickel and dime comment was in addition to the first thing I said...

Walls has been giving both Law and Surtain breathers all season long.

Breather is one thing but there were several occasions when Law or Surtain would spend the entire series with their helmets off on the sidelines. Even in nickel or dime; and Sapp or someone else would go in. I am not complaining mind you, it is working thus far; I did not notice it in the first 2 games. I was thinking it might have been a result of the game situation being a blowout today.

Easy 6
10-01-2006, 02:59 PM
surtain and law are older, i believe its to keep them fresher
Exactly. :arrow:

keg in kc
10-01-2006, 03:00 PM
Breather is one thing but there were several occasions when Law or Surtain would spend the entire series with their helmets off on the sidelines. Even in nickel or dime; and Sapp or someone else would go in. I am not complaining mind you, it is working thus far; I did not notice it in the first 2 games. I was thinking it might have been a result of the game situation being a blowout today.When I say "breather" I mean an entire series, although as I recall it's been mostly Law he's subbed series' for before now. I haven't kept a scorecard, though, so I may be talking out my ass and Surtain's been sitting out some too...

ChiefsfaninPA
10-01-2006, 03:00 PM
I thought I saw that as well - on the play where Knight got his INT, but I wasn't 100% sure.

Yeah Page was out there on that play as well.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
10-01-2006, 03:03 PM
When I say "breather" I mean an entire series, although as I recall it's been mostly Law he's subbed series' for before now. I haven't kept a scorecard, though, so I may be talking out my ass and Surtain's been sitting out some too...

Well damn it if you mean series than say series! :p

But as I said Surtain and Law both took entire possesions off. But if Walls can spell them both at any time and there not be a drastic dropoff in performance than great with me!