PDA

View Full Version : WOW!!!... NO TOUCHDOWNS ALLOWED IN 10 QUARTERS!

Frankie
10-01-2006, 03:03 PM
In fact we haven't allowed a TD in 11 of the last 12 quarters.

http://www.nfl.com/scores/2006/week1

Awesome!!

10-01-2006, 03:04 PM
Let's hope that trend continues for quite some time.

keg in kc
10-01-2006, 03:06 PM
If anyone had told me we'd allow 32 points through the first 3 weeks I'd have told them they were nuts.

ChiefsfaninPA
10-01-2006, 03:06 PM
That is amazing. In that Cinci game, if I recall, they scored both there only TD's off of turnovers. That was the biggest difference today, we won the turnover battle which resulted in better field position.

RINGLEADER
10-01-2006, 03:07 PM
If anyone had told me we'd allow 32 points through the first 3 weeks I'd have told them they were nuts.

I don't think I would have been surprised if someone had told me we had given up 32 points in the first 3 QUARTERS...LOL...Just wish we had pulled out that Broncos game - hope it doesn't come back to bite us later in the year.

keg in kc
10-01-2006, 03:09 PM
That is amazing. In that Cinci game, if I recall, they scored both there only TD's off of turnovers. That was the biggest difference today, we won the turnover battle which resulted in better field position.You could aruge that turnovers are the reason we're not 3-0 or at least 2-1 right now, because they were as key in the Denver loss as they were in the Cinci game. We lost at least 3 points, and maybe 6 or more on LJ's and Huard's turnovers. Game doesn't go to OT if we score either of those times.

Today the defense generated both sacks and turnovers, which was another step forward we needed to take.

ChiefsfaninPA
10-01-2006, 03:11 PM
You could aruge that turnovers are the reason we're not 3-0 or at least 2-1 right now, because they were as key in the Denver loss as they were in the Cinci game. We lost at least 3 points, and maybe 6 or more on LJ's and Huard's turnovers. Game doesn't go to OT if we score either of those times.

Today the defense generated both sacks and turnovers, which was another step forward we needed to take.

True, they hurt us against Cinci, but they killed us in Dongver, because we controlled the whole game.

Rain Man
10-01-2006, 03:12 PM
Wow. We've only given up two touchdowns all year, and one of those was on a drive that started at our 37.

That Bronco game really hurt. No way that won't come back to haunt us.

keg in kc
10-01-2006, 03:12 PM
I don't think I would have been surprised if someone had told me we had given up 32 points in the first 3 QUARTERS...LOL...Just wish we had pulled out that Broncos game - hope it doesn't come back to bite us later in the year.It sucks that we lost a winnable game, but the Cinci loss is really the one we have to make up for. Can't lose at home, can't lose conference games. Denver was a missed opportunity, but we're not at a point where we can expect to win that one.

Either way you look at it, though, we do have to make up one game...

Thankfully, Denver and San Diego have both done us a favor, losing to St. Louis and Baltimore. Trick is, it looks like this year we'll have to win the division, because I don't think a wildcard's coming out of the west.

Fairplay
10-01-2006, 03:16 PM
It will be interesting to see how are defense is ranked overall after this weekend.

And offense.

ChiefsfaninPA
10-01-2006, 03:17 PM
It will be interesting to see how are defense is ranked overall after this weekend.

And offense.

All I know is that I played our D over the Panthers today and I got good points in my fantasy league.

RINGLEADER
10-01-2006, 03:17 PM
It sucks that we lost a winnable game, but the Cinci loss is really the one we have to make up for. Can't lose at home, can't lose conference games. Denver was a missed opportunity, but we're not at a point where we can expect to win that one.

Either way you look at it, though, we do have to make up one game...

Thankfully, Denver and San Diego have both done us a favor, losing to St. Louis and Baltimore. Trick is, it looks like this year we'll have to win the division, because I don't think a wildcard's coming out of the west.

Agree with everything you have to say here.

I continue to find your ideas intriguing and wish to subscribe to your newsletter...

RINGLEADER
10-01-2006, 03:24 PM

And offense.

Defense will be fifth or sixth depending on how the late games play out. Be around the same place for scoring allowed too.

We'll get close to 20th to 23rd on offense...again, depending on how the other teams games play out.

Easy 6
10-01-2006, 03:31 PM

And offense.
We were 5th overall to start, i'm guessin' #2 or #3 , hide the kids baby............ :arrow:

ChiefaRoo
10-01-2006, 05:02 PM

You like nuts don't you?

greg63
10-01-2006, 11:45 PM
Let's hope that trend continues for quite some time.

It will have too.