PDA

View Full Version : Curious? What'd ya all think of Jordan Blacks play today?

RedThat
10-01-2006, 07:52 PM
Give him a thumbs up!

I thought he played great... :thumb:

He surprised me.

runnercyclist
10-01-2006, 07:55 PM
Nice punt coverage.

Seemed better at LT than RT

UteChief
10-01-2006, 07:55 PM
I didn't know I-65 was open today. Actually I didn't pay attention except for the downed punt, which was pretty damn good.

Lzen
10-01-2006, 07:57 PM
Yep, I thought Black did pretty well today.

JBucc
10-01-2006, 07:57 PM
It's nice to hear his name with something other than "sack given up by" in front of it.

RedThat
10-01-2006, 07:58 PM
Nice punt coverage.

Seemed better at LT than RT

Lol...yeah that was a nice play he downed there inside their 2

Hootie
10-01-2006, 08:31 PM
no sacks allowed equals job well done.

Huard looked very comfortable in the pocket, too. It was awesome.

Halfcan
10-01-2006, 08:33 PM
Nice game!

Bowser
10-01-2006, 08:34 PM
He played suprisingly well. Hopefully this was the confidence booster he needed, and he can keep it up.

Simply Red
10-01-2006, 08:35 PM
better

Kylo Ren
10-01-2006, 08:37 PM
A friend of my went back on TiVo and watched Black. He said Black looked OK in pass protection because he had help from the FB, RB and TE's. But, he said he was terrible in run blocking. Most of LJ's problems today were due to missed blocks by Black. We won 41-0 so he must have done something right. But, he is still a big liability. I, personally, didn't go back and watch every play. I got this info from someone else. Can anyone confirm this description of Black's play?

Adept Havelock
10-01-2006, 08:42 PM
I was very pleased. He was solid in pass protection, and adequate as far as run blocking.

A good performance. Hopefully he will build upon it. I was also happy with what I saw out of Svitek.

Lzen
10-01-2006, 08:44 PM
A friend of my went back on TiVo and watched Black. He said Black looked OK in pass protection because he had help from the FB, RB and TE's. But, he said he was terrible in run blocking. Most of LJ's problems today were due to missed blocks by Black. We won 41-0 so he must have done something right. But, he is still a big liability. I, personally, didn't go back and watch every play. I got this info from someone else. Can anyone confirm this description of Black's play?

I didn't go back over every single play, but I did rewind a few times. Black did a pretty good job in pass protection and I didn't notice him getting help. I think your friend is exaggerating.

Pitt Gorilla
10-01-2006, 08:58 PM
Thanks for this thread. I wasn't able to see the game today and was wondering about Black. He looked so bad in the past that I expected him to get used. How could he possibly come so far (from terrible to not-so-terrible) so quickly?

Hootie
10-01-2006, 09:01 PM
Thanks for this thread. I wasn't able to see the game today and was wondering about Black. He looked so bad in the past that I expected him to get used. How could he possibly come so far (from terrible to not-so-terrible) so quickly?
well...

He gets a lot of help from Dunn, Gonzalez, Waters and the FB/RB...that's for sure.

When Black hit the scene last year as Roaf's replacement, Vermeil kind of threw him out there and expected Roaf like results, giving him no help, and it burned us. I think Solari/Edwards know better...

I'm glad they're using Dunn more. He's as important to our offense as anyone, IMO...

farmerchief
10-01-2006, 09:14 PM
I didn't go back over every single play, but I did rewind a few times. Black did a pretty good job in pass protection and I didn't notice him getting help. I think your friend is exaggerating.
No, he was quite correct! My sons and I were watching the game and I specifically remember one time LJ was going down the line to the right and Black ran across the middle, completely missing the middle linebacker that came across and made the tackle on LJ for no gain or a short gain. It looked as if Black ran through there, and just forgot who he was supposed to be blocking. Funny, now that I think back on it, and we won the game! There were a few other times he didnt do a very good job of run blocking, but can't remember the specifics, except for this one time that stuck out. He did do better on pass blocking, but I think the TE's helped him out a bit at times.
farmerchief

Thig Lyfe
10-01-2006, 09:18 PM
It was a combo of improved blocking and Huard stepping up in the pocket rather than panicking.

brent102fire
10-01-2006, 10:00 PM
No, he was quite correct! My sons and I were watching the game and I specifically remember one time LJ was going down the line to the right and Black ran across the middle, completely missing the middle linebacker that came across and made the tackle on LJ for no gain or a short gain. It looked as if Black ran through there, and just forgot who he was supposed to be blocking. Funny, now that I think back on it, and we won the game! There were a few other times he didnt do a very good job of run blocking, but can't remember the specifics, except for this one time that stuck out. He did do better on pass blocking, but I think the TE's helped him out a bit at times.
farmerchief

I also saw that happen to Walter Jones, Jonathan Ogden and a few other tackles today. I don't expect Jordan Black to be Roaf or Ogden or Jones. I do expect him to do a decent job when called upon, even if he needs a little help. I'm sure being a ping pong ball switching side to side doesn't help either... :toast: to Black for a job well done!

PastorMikH
10-01-2006, 10:18 PM
The fact that Black didn't give up a sack or get a flag was good. He did need some help and I think he also benifited from Huard's throwing the ball. I think Huard is a bit quicker in getting rid of the ball than Green is.

As for the run blocking, Black will continue to struggle with that until he plays on position more than 2 games in a row, as can be said with most any lineman that has to change positions a lot.

Overall, this was probably the best game of Black's career.