PDA

View Full Version : The Performance Of The O-Line

FAX
10-02-2006, 08:29 AM
Having been unable to actually watch the game, I would love some feedback from the Planeteers in respect to the performance of the offensive line. That's why I've created this new, interesting thread entitled, "The Performance Of The O-Line".

I know that the 69ers were stacking their box. I also know that LJ had some difficulty in the early going as a result. Were we able to run outside? Sweeps? Stretch plays? How was the pass protection? Were there any 7 step drops? Were we frequently using tight ends to help the tackles?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

FAX

Disclaimers: Sorry if repost. Sorry if overly ignorant post.

HemiEd
10-02-2006, 08:45 AM
Jordan Black was awesome. He downed a pooch punt on the 1 yard line. I think the line played better than I anticipated, they had a couple penalties.

FAX
10-02-2006, 08:55 AM
Jordan Black was awesome. He downed a pooch punt on the 1 yard line. I think the line played better than I anticipated, they had a couple penalties.

Black downed a punt, Mr. HemiEd? He may have an NFL career after all and consider giving up his dream to become a fat male stripper.

I wish I had seen the game and I wouldn't have to bother you guys with such silly questions. Fact is, I'm really interested in how they performed overall. I think I read that the 69ers D-line is relatively small but quick. I had nightmares of the tackles giving up sacks and wondered, among other things, how they handled themselves.

FAX

InChiefsHeaven
10-02-2006, 09:00 AM
Being at the game, it's hard to zero in on performances, but I though Black did a great job. Huard had all day to throw, and was able to be calm in the pocket. The o'line looked the way they were supposed to, and IMO they dominated.

HemiEd
10-02-2006, 09:07 AM
Black downed a punt, Mr. HemiEd? He may have an NFL career after all and consider giving up his dream to become a fat male stripper.

I wish I had seen the game and I wouldn't have to bother you guys with such silly questions. Fact is, I'm really interested in how they performed overall. I think I read that the 69ers D-line is relatively small but quick. I had nightmares of the tackles giving up sacks and wondered, among other things, how they handled themselves.

FAX

Yes he did, he had a good game overall IMO. Obviously the coaches know a little more about this game than we give them credit for some times. Maybe their consistent patience with him is going to pay off in the long run!

KC-TBB
10-02-2006, 09:10 AM
I think the gameplan helped...but it looked like the line played pretty damn good to me.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-02-2006, 09:25 AM
WooHooo! Party at Jared's House!