PDA

View Full Version : Hali Watch.

Chiefnj
10-02-2006, 08:50 AM
The pundits declared Hali a big reach in the first round at #20. So, how is he doing compared to other first round DE's and a second round player.

Name...........Games Played.........T........A..........Sacks...........FF
M. Williams............4.................7.........3...........1.5.............0

T. Hali..................3.................8.........6...........1.5.............1

M. Kiwanuka..........3.................2..........1...........0...............0

D. Tapp (2nd)........4.................5..........2...........2...............0

Not too bad.

DMAC
10-02-2006, 08:51 AM
I'm on a Hail watch...I want a new roof!!

HemiEd
10-02-2006, 08:55 AM
He is over exceeding my expectations by far, what a pleasant experience!

HC_Chief
10-02-2006, 08:57 AM
Who said it was a "reach" to take him at #20?

DJJasonp
10-02-2006, 08:58 AM
a draft pick excelling....imagine that!

On that note, anyone else see the Simms sighting yesterday??? He was seen congratulating Hali and acting like he was part of the team.

Frankie
10-02-2006, 08:59 AM
It dawned on me last night that for two drafts in a row some player that was talked up a lot before the draft fell to us much later than the draft pundits originally anticipated. DJ's stock seemed to have dropped on draft day and Tamba's did shortly before the draft. Anyway,... It seems gods of football have finally removed their curse on the Chiefs. Especially when it comes to first day drafting.
:thumb:

Frankie
10-02-2006, 09:00 AM
A lot of draft gurus did. Also a lot of fans on this very bb.

tyton75
10-02-2006, 09:03 AM
Yeah... I remember that Hali was thought to be a mid 2nd rounder during the draft..

I think some draft expert said... "a little bit of a reach at that spot but a solid football player".. something like that

Frankie
10-02-2006, 09:05 AM
Yeah... I remember that Hali was thought to be a mid 2nd rounder during the draft..
He was talked of as a top ten pick early in the predraft days. Then his combine numbers came out and all draft experts started dropping him way down the list. They have my official thanks for that.

Easy 6
10-02-2006, 09:06 AM
It dawned on me last night that for two drafts in a row some player that was talked up a lot before the draft fell to us much later than the draft pundits originally anticipated. DJ's stock seemed to have dropped on draft day and Tamba's did shortly before the draft. Anyway,... It seems gods of football have finally removed their curse on the Chiefs. Especially when it comes to first day drafting.
:thumb:
Yep, DJ falling to us was like Bush going to NO. We got the bounce for sure.

Fire Me Boy!
10-02-2006, 09:43 AM
'over exceeding' ??? Isn't that redundant and saying the same thing twice?

HemiEd
10-02-2006, 09:48 AM
'over exceeding' ??? Isn't that redundant and saying the same thing twice?

busted, I should have said mucho exceeding I guess. Like in a lot of exceeding. Does your head hurt yet? Mine does.

Hammock Parties
10-02-2006, 09:54 AM
Hali outplayed Manny Lawson yesterday.

Chiefnj
10-02-2006, 10:01 AM

As an example, Vic Carucci at NFL.COM:
"No surprise that the first pick of the Herman Edwards era in Kansas City is a defensive player. But I'm not sure about Hali as a first-round talent. He has some very good qualities, such as being explosive and a relentless pass-rusher. He also shows good instincts. However, his height (6-2) isn't ideal. He isn't exceptionally fast. He needs to work on his use of hands. And he needs to improve his recognition on play-action fakes."

Prisco:
"Overall grade: C. Taking Tamba Hali with the 20th pick in the first round might have been a reach."

TinyEvel
10-02-2006, 10:11 AM

Hemi, I thoroughly enjoy your marketing speak. I, too, look forward to the exhilarating thrill of enjoying several significant Tamba Hali plays. He is definitely a touchpoint for increased consumer satisfaction at Arrowhead. We'll need to leverage his optimal performance characteristics to raise the Q-score of the Chiefs this season. And, when actionable, administer communications which magnify the achievements of the mobility of this defense.

In other words: Have Gretz write more articles.
:)

Believe it or not, I'm surrounded by people who speak like this on a daily basis. :rolleyes:

HemiEd
10-02-2006, 10:24 AM
Hemi, I thoroughly enjoy your marketing speak. I, too, look forward to the exhilarating thrill of enjoying several significant Tamba Hali plays. He is definitely a touchpoint for increased consumer satisfaction at Arrowhead. We'll need to leverage his optimal performance characteristics to raise the Q-score of the Chiefs this season. And, when actionable, administer communications which magnify the achievements of the mobility of this defense.

In other words: Have Gretz write more articles.
:)

Believe it or not, I'm surrounded by people who speak like this on a daily basis. :rolleyes:

ROFL Do they buy $5 Latte's from Starbucks?

HC_Chief
10-02-2006, 10:26 AM
As an example, Vic Carucci at NFL.COM:

Thanks. I also saw the thread posted by banyon. Interesteing.... I don't recall much bitching/moaning about the pick.

Halfcan
10-02-2006, 11:05 AM
Prisco is such a pile of dogshit.

Halfcan
10-02-2006, 11:06 AM
Thanks. I also saw the thread posted by banyon. Interesteing.... I don't recall much bitching/moaning about the pick.

yep Banyon hates Hali-lol