PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know where Dante Hall stands in terms of career kick return TDs?

RealSNR
10-02-2006, 09:46 AM
And how many he has to return to beat out Brian Mitchell?

Donger
10-02-2006, 09:47 AM

Two, I think.

booyaf2
10-02-2006, 09:47 AM
I think he needs 3 more to pass mitchell.

CupidStunt
10-02-2006, 09:52 AM
1 to tie (12), 2 to pass (13).

3rd all-time.

Donger
10-02-2006, 10:01 AM
Sorry. Mitchell has 13 kick returns. Dante now has 11.

With a touchdown on a kickoff return against the Philadelphia Eagles on October 2, 2005, he tied four players, among them Ollie Matson and Gale Sayers, for the most career kickoff return touchdowns, with six. This was also his 10th kick return TD, placing him third in that category behind Brian Mitchell (13) and Eric Metcalf (12). He moved closer to Mitchell and Metcalf with a punt return for a TD on October 1, 2006 against the San Francisco 49ers.

CupidStunt
10-02-2006, 10:13 AM
Metcalf's the dude I was thinking of.

Good call.

Halfcan
10-02-2006, 10:23 AM
Think about if Dante plays 5 more years-he will shatter that record.

C-Mac
10-02-2006, 10:25 AM

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2006/10/01/chiefs49ers_postgame_notes06/

Scroll down half way for all the return records...

Mr. Kotter
10-02-2006, 10:43 AM
Think about if Dante plays 5 more years-he will shatter that record.

I think he TIES the record THIS year.... :D

Halfcan
10-02-2006, 10:58 AM
I think he TIES the record THIS year.... :D

You are probably right. Teams will start kicking off out of bounds again to try and avoid Dante.

fan4ever
10-02-2006, 12:26 PM
He'd already have it tied if Gary Stills throws a block against Cleveland at home 2 years ago, and if he doesn't drop the ball against San Diego last year. Not bitching, love the guy, just kills me; especially that missed block by Stills; that additional return would have set the single season record if I remember correctly.

tk13
10-02-2006, 12:31 PM
He's probably not Dante Hall of 2003, but I think he still has the ability to break that record, that'd be pretty cool if he did.

tk13
10-02-2006, 12:32 PM
He'd already have it tied if Gary Stills throws a block against Cleveland at home 2 years ago, and if he doesn't drop the ball against San Diego last year. Not bitching, love the guy, just kills me; especially that missed block by Stills; that additional return would have set the single season record if I remember correctly.
That's a great point. He should've tied it yesterday.

chagrin
10-02-2006, 02:28 PM
Didn't Vai Sikahema (spelling?) was also pretty good, was he not? I saw him doing a sideline report recently on some game.

StcChief
10-02-2006, 02:30 PM

yep would have been the new single season record ... I was there.

He will get the total record, maybe against the AZ Deadbirds this week.

mikey23545
10-02-2006, 02:39 PM
You of all people should know he'll never get the chance...Herm is so conservative he's going to make Dante run out of bounds before returning one all the way so the offense can work on the clock and kick a field goal.

RealSNR
10-02-2006, 02:56 PM
You of all people should know he'll never get the chance...Herm is so conservative he's going to make Dante run out of bounds before returning one all the way so the offense can work on the clock and kick a field goal.You're right. We should just have Colquitt return kicks. He's a potent weapon!

RealSNR
10-02-2006, 03:00 PM
He'd already have it tied if Gary Stills throws a block against Cleveland at home 2 years ago, and if he doesn't drop the ball against San Diego last year. Not bitching, love the guy, just kills me; especially that missed block by Stills; that additional return would have set the single season record if I remember correctly.What kills me is if he had beat that ****ing Green Bay kicker in the game after the Donks in 2003. Then he would have not only shattered the 4 returns in a season record, but also added one more game onto the consecutive games with a return TD record he already held. Five is the record #, and he would have done it 5 consective times, all if he could have just shaked a ****ing kicker.

Lonewolf Ed
10-02-2006, 03:07 PM
What kills me is if he had beat that ****ing Green Bay kicker in the game after the Donks in 2003. Then he would have not only shattered the 4 returns in a season record, but also added one more game onto the consecutive games with a return TD record he already held. Five is the record #, and he would have done it 5 consective times, all if he could have just shaked a ****ing kicker.

I get a big charge out of punters or kickers making tackles, except if they tackle a Chief. Then it brings me great anguish. :doh!:

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-02-2006, 03:10 PM
Does this 11 count his playoff td against the Colts??