PDA

View Full Version : I-65 At OLT

kaplin42
10-02-2006, 10:10 AM
Was just wondering you all thought of Black at the LT position. Personaly, I thought on the few plays that I was paying attention to just him, that he did alright. Was wondering what you guys thought. Is that a more natural position for him, or is it just that the 49ers RDE just sucks that bad.

Really the only bad thing I saw on the O-line was that the run blocking just wasn't there. Other than that, I thought they played markedly better than the previous two games.

CupidStunt
10-02-2006, 10:11 AM
Manny Lawson
Bryant Young

No Julius Peppers, but I didn't hear their names called once.

Hoover
10-02-2006, 10:13 AM
While many of us bitch and moan that black isn't Big Willie, I think Black is a promissing player. I think he would probable be better at gaurd but it sound like he did good yesterday.

ChiefaRoo
10-02-2006, 10:14 AM
Black isn't a good LT or RT. He's a C+ , to B- guard. Good game aside we need him off the field or backing up Waters.

CupidStunt
10-02-2006, 10:15 AM
Black isn't a good LT or RT. He's a C+ , to B- guard. Good game aside we need him off the field or backing up Waters.

That's absurd. And replace him with who?

Black's performance yesterday was the best left tackle play the Chiefs have seen all season.

kaplin42
10-02-2006, 10:22 AM
I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but some posted saying LJ was leading in yards from scrimage. Could you post a link to the source of that info please.

HC_Chief
10-02-2006, 10:24 AM
He did a good job.

Mr. Kotter
10-02-2006, 10:40 AM
While many of us bitch and moan that black isn't Big Willie, I think Black is a promissing player. I think he would probable be better at gaurd but it sound like he did good yesterday.

I know it's not the NFL, but I've coached the OLine and been OC for high school teams, and if there's one thing I've learned about the OLine it's this: fundamentals and continuity are extemely important, because of the teamwork required of the players on the OLine.

If their footwork is "off" in pass protection, or if they haven't rehearsed the pulls so they are crisp and precise, or if they aren't "communicating" clearly with each other....you can get your QB killed pretty easily. And those things simply take time, practice, and reps. It is just as, if not more important, than timing between QBs and WRs.

Black is good enough, that with practice and reps, he can hold his own against many of the DLineman in the NFL. Physically, and athletically, he is best suited at OG, IMHO. However, he can play OT. With the premier pass rushers though, he will need help in some situations--especially against the pass. Practice and reps, though, give him enough confidence and familiarity that he's still better than half the OTs in the League.

He just ain't Willie Roaf....or John Alt for that matter. Not many players are though.

Kyle401
10-02-2006, 10:49 AM
I was impressed with what I saw. Especially compared to my expectations for him. Way to go Jordan Black! :thumb:

bringbackmarty
10-02-2006, 10:50 AM
obviously part of Black's success was the hesitancy of the dline to rush, due to their gameplan to stop l.j. Nonetheless, Black was solid in third and long, and no sacks is no sacks. If people keep playing l.j. contain, we will win some games with him in there. If we get behind, and the rush starts to tee off, like against cinci, we are dooomed. I think stopping the other team on d initially, and getting off to a fast start on o will dictate our sucess. Noone is going to come from way behind against our new defense.

Justlisten
10-02-2006, 10:55 AM
Jordan Black supprised me and played a good game against a good defensive front. Coming into this game SF was leading the league in sacks. Cudos to Black.

I have railed against him when he played poorly so I will praise him when he plays well. And he did this week.

B_Ambuehl
10-02-2006, 11:00 AM
Both those tackles are still big time problems against the pass. What really helped was the play action and the fact that Black had a lot of help from TEs, FBs, and RBs. Unfortunately, everytime he was getting help Sampson was getting beat. Sampson is damn near as bad as Black in pass protection. Fortunately, Huard was able to step up and deliver the football

Tribal Warfare
10-02-2006, 11:10 AM
Svitek was also getting work at LT too, and looked decent .

Kyle401
10-02-2006, 11:13 AM
A defensive end who speed rushes 4 yards straight into the backfield before getting blocked out the back of the play by the OT is not "beating the OT." Last time I checked Huard was not sacked in yesterday's game, ergo he must be Ron Mexico Jr. since our tackles obviously sucked so bad (per Mr. Ambuehl).