PDA

View Full Version : KC/Sea 92 OKoye breaks Chiefs all time record

KingPriest2
10-02-2006, 11:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXZkgzp7x98

Rain Man
10-02-2006, 12:08 PM
Based on those highlights, I would've thought we won that game 93-0.

siberian khatru
10-02-2006, 12:09 PM
Helluva play by Word.

Gonzo
10-02-2006, 12:10 PM
Man...what a flash back. ESPN still uses the same music. Kind of suprising they spent that much time on the highlight though. I mean it's not an east coast team. I tried watching the highlights on sportscenter last night and it was a whole 20 second spot.

siberian khatru
10-02-2006, 12:12 PM
I like seeing all these old faces. Lonnie Marts! On the Montana thread, there was Tracy Greene. Man, I totally forgot about him. Huge catch in that comeback game.

Rain Man
10-02-2006, 12:15 PM
I like seeing all these old faces. Lonnie Marts! On the Montana thread, there was Tracy Greene. Man, I totally forgot about him. Huge catch in that comeback game.

I was watching some show about Montana some time ago, and they were interviewing Marcus Allen about the Monday Night game against Denver. He mentioned the Greene catch, which was hugely important, and just started insulting Greene left and right. He said, "Tracy Greene was a stiff. That was probably the only accomplishment that he had in his entire career blah blah blah..." I lost a lot of respect for Allen by him saying stuff like that.

Kyle401
10-02-2006, 12:15 PM
Side note:

I went camping this weekend with a "friend" who is a Denver fan. We started talking about the Atwater/Okoye hit and he said that he remembers Okoye saying that he was afraid to get hit after that. Can anyone verify? Did Atwater ruin Okoye's career?

I thought he quit due to knee problems.

Rain Man
10-02-2006, 12:18 PM
Side note:

I went camping this weekend with a "friend" who is a Denver fan. We started talking about the Atwater/Okoye hit and he said that he remembers Okoye saying that he was afraid to get hit after that. Can anyone verify? Did Atwater ruin Okoye's career?

I thought he quit due to knee problems.

He blew out a knee in training camp. I hope you left your "friend" out in the wilderness.

Kyle401
10-02-2006, 12:19 PM
I was watching some show about Montana some time ago, and they were interviewing Marcus Allen about the Monday Night game against Denver. He mentioned the Greene catch, which was hugely important, and just started insulting Greene left and right. He said, "Tracy Greene was a stiff. That was probably the only accomplishment that he had in his entire career blah blah blah..." I lost a lot of respect for Allen by him saying stuff like that.

Technically Marcus was correct. Greene lasted only 2 years finishing with 6 receptions for 69 yards and a TD. Still pretty classless thing to say if he was intentionally running Greene down.

Kyle401
10-02-2006, 12:21 PM
He blew out a knee in training camp. I hope you left your "friend" out in the wilderness.

Oddly enough, I think that Donkey fans are just about as common as Chiefs fans here in Bolivar, MO. Maybe I need to think about moving.

Rain Man
10-02-2006, 12:23 PM
Technically Marcus was correct. Greene lasted only 2 years finishing with 6 receptions for 69 yards and a TD. Still pretty classless thing to say if he was intentionally running Greene down.

Yeah, I agree that Greene didn't have a highly illustrious career. I just thought it was very classless to say that stuff about a former teammate.

Tribal Warfare
10-02-2006, 12:28 PM
That was the 1st Chiefs game I ever attended

alpha_omega
10-02-2006, 01:15 PM
Nice flashback...thanks for the post!!!!!!!

ChiefsCountry
10-02-2006, 01:23 PM
That was the home opener wasn't it, after opening in San Diego?

InChiefsHeaven
10-02-2006, 01:29 PM
Awesome recovery by Word...Damn, I still say Okoye is like the biggest frickin' tailback ever...

Predarat
10-02-2006, 03:15 PM
Thats a helluva clip! Memories!!!