PDA

View Full Version : IRONMAN (2007) starring...

Gravedigger
10-02-2006, 06:20 PM
Robert Downey Jr. as the superhero Ironman.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/09/29/film.ironman.reut/index.html

Discuss.

JBucc
10-02-2006, 06:21 PM
I thought Iron Man was black

FAX
10-02-2006, 06:24 PM
This has solid potential. I love IronMan. He was my favorite Marvel character of all times.

Downey is an interesting choice, though. I hope he makes it through production okay. It will be difficult for him to snort through that helmet.

FAX

Over-Head
10-02-2006, 06:43 PM
That was Tony Starks body guard Jim Rhodes who became "War Machiene" when Tony dies and leaves him the suit.

I still have a full collection of origional run "Iron-Man" including re-prints of the Tales of suspence issues.

But Robert Downey Jr. as the Man in teh suit?
Give me a break

FAX
10-02-2006, 06:45 PM
I agree that Downey is an odd choice, Mr. Over-Head.

What actor would you suggest?

FAX

buddha
10-02-2006, 06:45 PM
Robert Downey Jr. is an EXCELLENT choice! The guy is a great actor, high or otherwise. He will do a great job. I'm also psyched about the director for this film as well...Jon Favreau!

Ebolapox
10-02-2006, 06:51 PM
robert downey jr. in cocaine man

Over-Head
10-02-2006, 06:54 PM
I agree that Downey is an odd choice, Mr. Over-Head.

What actor would you suggest?

FAX Heath Ledger could pull it off.
Mathew McCaugnahey (sp) would be a great pick.
Too bad Paul Walker can’t say anything other than "ok, it’s like this..."

JBucc
10-02-2006, 06:58 PM
Heath Ledger could pull it off.
Mathew McCaugnahey (sp) would be a great pick.
Too bad Paul Walker can’t say anything other than "ok, it’s like this..."Ledger's playing the Joker in the next Batman isn't he?

KCChiefsMan
10-02-2006, 07:22 PM
Ledger's playing the Joker in the next Batman isn't he?

I've heard rumors of Sean Penn....Ledger would be a terrible choice for that role

SLAG
10-02-2006, 07:23 PM
[bio-dome]

Iron Man- Iron Man-

does whatever a iron can

/biodome

Reaper16
10-02-2006, 07:30 PM
I've heard rumors of Sean Penn....Ledger would be a terrible choice for that role
Ledger has been cast already. I'm sure he will do fine; he's shown that he's an actor now.

Gravedigger
10-02-2006, 10:58 PM
Yeah Ledger is the new Joker. He's got the grin down pat if he can pull off be a psycho and the laugh he'll be fine.

Macroach
10-03-2006, 12:01 AM
Straight from the Marvel Directory ...

"In recent years Tony Stark's greatest nemesis has been alcoholism. As a wealthy socialite, alcohol had been a constant part of his life. "

Looks like Downey was a natural choice.

Demonpenz
10-03-2006, 12:03 AM
is v.vaughn in this one?

Fishpicker
10-03-2006, 12:29 AM
Aside from the Chaplin movie, has anyone seen Downey with a moustache? thats kind of the Tony Stark trademark. I dont think Downey can pull it off. I'm betting Iron man will be next year's Fantastic 4.

KCChiefsMan
10-03-2006, 01:02 AM
Aside from the Chaplin movie, has anyone seen Downey with a moustache? thats kind of the Tony Stark trademark. I dont think Downey can pull it off. I'm betting Iron man will be next year's Fantastic 4.

I'm guessing worse, at least Fantastic 4 had Jessica Alba to look at

Braincase
10-03-2006, 05:41 AM

How about a moustache and beard?

NBK.

jspchief
10-03-2006, 08:17 AM
Awesome news. So far, comic books movies have been total crap. Good to see Hollywood is digging deep into the creativity well for another no-plot, poorly acted, CGI crapfest. But at least they can make a line of toys!

Saulbadguy
10-03-2006, 08:26 AM
Awesome news. So far, comic books movies have been total crap. Good to see Hollywood is digging deep into the creativity well for another no-plot, poorly acted, CGI crapfest. But at least they can make a line of toys!
I've enjoyed the X-Men series, but overall, I agree.

HC_Chief
10-03-2006, 08:31 AM

Batman Begins was excellent.
Both Spiderman movies were good.

jspchief
10-03-2006, 08:38 AM
Batman Begins was excellent.
Both Spiderman movies were good.There are some exceptions. As mentioned, X-men, Batman Begins were good, and Spiderman 1 & 2 were okay. But for every one of those, there's an Incerdible Hulk, Fantastic 4, or something with Ben Affleck.

It's a completely unoriginal concept. It's got a 50% chance of being a CGI shitfest. It's got a 50% chance of being devoid of plot or acting.

I just wish Hollywood would display a little more creativity. What's next? Another WW2 movie shot in bland color?

Over-Head
10-03-2006, 05:30 PM
Tony always had an alcohol problem towards the mid run first issue series.
It worsened with the hostile take over by Obidia Stane, costing Tony EVERYTHING.
If it weren’t for Ginger, Happy, and Rodney Tony would never have beaten it (the alcoholism) and ultimately Stane and gaining back his company.

Also a very solid candidate would be Ben Afleck. He'd make a wicked Tony Stark.

Lonewolf Ed
10-03-2006, 05:35 PM

That was Jim Rhodes, a very close friend of the original Iron Man, Tony Stark. Rhodey took over for Stark when Stark was battling alcoholism, and not very well for a while. Then after Stark got back on his feet, he made a new suit of armor for Jim and he called himself War Machine. The armor was destroyed, and Jim retired from the superhero biz.

TrickyNicky
10-03-2006, 05:35 PM
James Hong as the Mandarin. Make it happen Hollywood...

http://www.jameshong.com/Lo%20Pan.jpg

Mr. Laz
10-03-2006, 06:47 PM
downey is too feminine

iron man is supposed to be a wealthy tycoon and playboy in his alter ego ... james bond-ish.

FAX
10-03-2006, 06:55 PM
downey is too feminine

iron man is supposed to be a wealthy tycoon and playboy in his alter ego ... james bond-ish.

I agree, Mr. Laz. Problem is that there aren't many heavy box office actors who really fit the bill. At least that I can think of.

Mr. Over-Head suggested Matthew McConaughey which isn't a bad choice, I suppose. Christian Bale wouldn't be bad, but he's busy doing Batman movies and all.

FAX

Over-Head
10-04-2006, 06:57 PM
Ben Afleck would be a wicked choice.