PDA

View Full Version : Turley going to be out for long?

chiefsfan1963
10-02-2006, 10:26 PM
I was amazed at the OL yesterday w/o Turley. It was the niners so hope Turley comes back soon.

ChiefFan31
10-02-2006, 10:37 PM
I was amazed at the OL yesterday w/o Turley. It was the niners so hope Turley comes back soon.

I hope he comes back soon too. I am behind on my Chiefs reading, so I have not heard anything.

I would venture to guess that it might be awhile...

ChiefsCountry
10-02-2006, 10:49 PM

And the Cardinals might have a worse DL.

runnercyclist
10-03-2006, 01:36 AM

Then it gets ratcheted up quite a bit vs the Squeelers

Smed1065
10-03-2006, 01:38 AM
I hope they do not get lax after 2 easy weeks and then pitts.

CupidStunt
10-03-2006, 05:43 AM
(1) WTF? The Cardinals DL is twice as good as the Niners. Bertrand Berry is better than any player on the entire 49ers defense.

(2) I'm not so high on getting Turley back a.s.a.p. Black's performance Sunday was better than either of his first two games and in neither one did Turley have at tough matchup.

The Bad Guy
10-03-2006, 06:20 AM

Talent wise?

It's not even close.

Berry and Okeafor are better than anything the 49ers have.

jspchief
10-03-2006, 06:38 AM
I wouldn't bank on getting much more from Turley this year. After playing only two games and a bye week, he comes up lame?

There's a reason he was completely out of football. There's a reason doctors told him to drop a bunch of weight.

I've said all along that I doubted he'd last the entire season. After seeing how quickly he had his first problems, I'd say he's not a player we can count on for much.

The Bad Guy
10-03-2006, 06:43 AM
I wouldn't bank on getting much more from Turley this year. After playing only two games and a bye week, he comes up lame?

There's a reason he was completely out of football. There's a reason doctors told him to drop a bunch of weight.

I've said all along that I doubted he'd last the entire season. After seeing how quickly he had his first problems, I'd say he's not a player we can count on for much.

I agree.

If he does come back, he should be a RT.

Black is clearly better on the left side, as opposed to the right.

Skip Towne
10-03-2006, 07:07 AM
What's wrong with him? Did somebody step on his face?

KC Jones
10-03-2006, 07:18 AM
I wouldn't get too excited about Black at LT. We we're going with double teams on the DEs on nearly every play. Teams with better defenses than the niners are going to make us pay for not having a LT. The Steelers for example are going to rip us a new one.

jspchief
10-03-2006, 07:27 AM
I wouldn't get too excited about Black at LT. We we're going with double teams on the DEs on nearly every play. Teams with better defenses than the niners are going to make us pay for not having a LT. The Steelers for example are going to rip us a new one.I agree. The 49ers use pretty unconventional blitzes, and run a lot of stuff out of their dime package. We aren't going to get the same looks from other teams, so I'm reluctant to expect the same results.

Tribal Warfare
10-03-2006, 07:47 AM
Black is clearly better on the left side, as opposed to the right.

WTF!!!!!!!! Anyone suggesting that Black should play tackle are either in denial or, they are on a cocktail of booze and antidepressents.

Hound333
10-03-2006, 08:01 AM
He played well on Sunday but he needs to keep up the road blocks of I-65. I am not so concerned with Zona but the Chargers and Pittsburgh could lose us another QB if he reverts back.

Monty
10-03-2006, 12:19 PM
WTF!!!!!!!! Anyone suggesting that Black should play tackle are either in denial or, they are on a cocktail of booze and antidepressents.

Amen to that!! Black flat out sucks, end of story.

TRR
10-03-2006, 12:49 PM
I think Kyle Turley is done playing football. It won't take much for him to hang the cleats back up, and with his back acting up again, I think he is all but done. He;s only played in 3 games, and is already having back troubles. He's done IMHO.