PDA

View Full Version : HC changes for 2007

Wile_E_Coyote
10-03-2006, 09:37 AM
it's early yet,

Denny Green & Jeff Fisher seem to be working their way out of a job. Fisher to AZ may be possible, but I think Fisher hired McGuiness & has heard enough horror stories to not go there.

Fisher to the Chargers?

DaFace
10-03-2006, 09:39 AM
By the end of the season, we'll be firing HERM!!! [/jetsfantrolls]

DMAC
10-03-2006, 09:41 AM
Coughlin?

Fisher is more than likely out...or his role of GM will be taken away.

noa
10-03-2006, 09:52 AM
I can't imagine Art Shell lasting very long

chief52
10-03-2006, 10:02 AM
Coughlin?

Fisher is more than likely out...or his role of GM will be taken away.

Fisher is not the GM of the Titans. Floyd Reese is and he is a very heavy handed GM. Reese is making the personnel decisions.

MichaelH
10-03-2006, 10:11 AM
I don't think Fisher should get the axe. Yeh, the team sucks but he did have them in the SuperBowl 6 years ago. They need a better talent scout.

JBucc
10-03-2006, 10:12 AM
Saban might be on the hot seat. They were supposed to challenge for the Super Bowl and they just lost to the Texans.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-03-2006, 10:14 AM
somebody needs to fall in Tennessee, right now I'd say it's Fisher

noa
10-03-2006, 10:17 AM
somebody needs to fall in Tennessee, right now I'd say it's Fisher

They're looking like fools for running Steve McNair out of town and forcing Vince Young to play before he's ready. I'm not sure who is to blame for McNair, but I think its the GM.

DMAC
Fisher is not the GM of the Titans. Floyd Reese is and he is a very heavy handed GM. Reese is making the personnel decisions.Was he at one time? I thought he was...and I'm hardly ever mistaken.:rolleyes:

Wile_E_Coyote
cap hell, the Pacman pick, Hanesworth, Volek....

Frankie
10-03-2006, 10:24 AM
Saban might be on the hot seat.how about Chucky in Tamba Bay?

CoMoChief
10-03-2006, 10:26 AM
I don't really see Fisher going anywhere. However I don't see Art Shell changing anything in OAK anytime soon. I say he'll be lucky to last this and next season, especially if they go 0-16.

Easy 6
10-03-2006, 10:27 AM
IMO it should be Coughlin. I cant remember a situation where all kinds of team leader types are calling out there coach in the press en` masse` like this. This is like the 3rd or 4th time in 2 or 3 yrs.

banyon
10-03-2006, 10:27 AM

Absolutely. The question is will the Raiders even win 1 game?

Brock
10-03-2006, 10:30 AM
how about Chucky in Tamba Bay?

I have a hard time seeing a Super Bowl winner being fired.

noa
10-03-2006, 10:31 AM
I have a hard time seeing a Super Bowl winner being fired.

He took Tony Dungy's team to the Super Bowl and hasn't done a whole lot to help the franchise since.

Easy 6
10-03-2006, 10:34 AM
Absolutely. The question is will the Raiders even win 1 game?
I'm thinking Al Davis might have to keel over on his blow-up doll before anyone else would even take that job. They could be kinda stuck w/ ol' fArt for now.

Brock
10-03-2006, 10:35 AM
He took Tony Dungy's team to the Super Bowl and hasn't done a whole lot to help the franchise since.

Please. Tony Dungy was the only thing keeping that team from winning a Super Bowl, obviously.

FAX
10-03-2006, 10:36 AM
Fisher is not the GM. It's Floyd Reese.

The decision to can McNair was the owner's and Floyd's. The decision to draft Young was also the owner's and Floyd's. Fisher needs to go to a team where he can have more input into personnel decisions.

I doubt if he'll get fired, though. It would be a travesty. (Assuming a "y" already on the board, thats a 104 point word in Scrabble not counting doubles or anything.)

FAX

Wile_E_Coyote
10-03-2006, 10:37 AM
Titan fans are rallying & don't think it's the only site

http://keepcoachfisher.com/

Easy 6
10-03-2006, 10:48 AM
Fisher is not the GM. It's Floyd Reese.

The decision to can McNair was the owner's and Floyd's. The decision to draft Young was also the owner's and Floyd's. Fisher needs to go to a team where he can have more input into personnel decisions.

I doubt if he'll get fired, though. It would be a travesty. (Assuming a "y" already on the board, thats a 104 point word in Scrabble not counting doubles or anything.)

FAX
You've convinced me its the Mgmt. down there FAX, i always thought Fisher was squared-away til' fairly recently, and it looks like most of it rests solely on Mgmt. I bet he would excel again somewhere else to. BTW hows Ten' lookin'? I lived in Clarksville for a year, the country drives were always awesome!

Gonzo
10-03-2006, 10:49 AM
Millen and Marenelli in Detroit?

http://www.firemillen.com/?author=1

Easy 6
10-03-2006, 10:55 AM
Millen and Marenelli in Detroit?

http://www.firemillen.com/?author=1
I dunno? Matty survived a MAJOR coup attempt this year and if Rowdy Roddy canget the D goin' anytime soon he's prolly safe for now IMO.

FAX
10-03-2006, 11:00 AM
You've convinced me its the Mgmt. down there FAX, i always thought Fisher was squared-away til' fairly recently, and it looks like most of it rests solely on Mgmt. I bet he would excel again somewhere else to. BTW hows Ten' lookin'? I lived in Clarksville for a year, the country drives were always awesome!

JF is currently coaching a bunch of idiots, Mr. scott free. The flaming thumbtacks got themselves in a load of salary cap trouble during their SB run and have yet to recover. Very similar to the situation with the 69ers.

I wouldn't blame the tack's performance on JF. He's a very good coach.

As for TN, it's very nice here right now. One of the few times during the year when the girls are hotter than the average temperature at the airport.

FAX

Basileus777
10-03-2006, 11:07 AM
Green, Fisher, Marty and Coughlin are the obvious candidates for being fired. Parcells and Cowher also might retire. I think Al Davis is going to be stubborn/crazy and keep Shell for another year. I think Gruden should go, but I doubt it happens.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-03-2006, 11:11 AM
Gibbs could be gone as well

chief52
10-03-2006, 11:12 AM
Interesting note on Fisher...

My buddy and his kid are big Titan fans...kid is 12. They went to an auction in which Fisher was the guest speaker...had their Titan stuff on. One of the auction items was being able to go down on the sidelines for the Titan game at Oakland. Be on the field before and during the game etc.

My buddy told Fisher they were going to win that item. Ended up it went for a lot of $$$ and my buddy was way priced out. Fisher came up to him after the auction and asked if he got the item. He told him how much it went for and Fisher said he could see why he did not get it.

Then Fisher told my buddy how to contact him and told him to bring his son down for the Raider game anyway and he would take care of them for free!!

I will always think of him as a class act.

Easy 6
10-03-2006, 11:15 AM
Interesting note on Fisher...

My buddy and his kid are big Titan fans...kid is 12. They went to an auction in which Fisher was the guest speaker...had their Titan stuff on. One of the auction items was being able to go down on the sidelines for the Titan game at Oakland. Be on the field before and during the game etc.

My buddy told Fisher they were going to win that item. Ended up it went for a lot of $$$ and my buddy was way priced out. Fisher came up to him after the auction and asked if he got the item. He told him how much it went for and Fisher said he could see why he did not get it.

Then Fisher told my buddy how to contact him and told him to bring his son down for the Raider game anyway and he would take care of them for free!!

I will always think of him as a class act.
THAT ......is how you build real loyalty, super classy.

MahiMike
10-03-2006, 11:37 AM
Dammit don't get me started! We coulda waited 1 more yr for Fisher!

DaKCMan AP
10-03-2006, 11:54 AM
If you think Fisher is going to be fired then your and idiot!

Demonpenz
10-03-2006, 11:58 AM
fisher gets another year because of his mustache

Easy 6
10-03-2006, 11:59 AM
fisher gets another year because of his mustache
................................ LMAO .....................................

penguinz
10-03-2006, 12:11 PM
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9300/miastowinedok3.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/7564/t1fisherall01mz4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

penguinz
10-03-2006, 08:28 PM
bump

Easy 6
10-03-2006, 08:40 PM
I'm thinkin' a lovechild between Ditka n' Burt Reynolds. :D

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-03-2006, 08:44 PM
Floyd Reese just isn't a heavy-handed GM, he's a terrible GM. That guy has mangled that entire franchise.

PastorMikH
10-03-2006, 08:46 PM

Shell's only real hope is his history with Al and the fact that Al can no longer get HC canidates to show interest in the job.

Mecca
10-03-2006, 10:09 PM
Gibbs could be gone as well

Ain't no way in hell they fire Gibbs.

Arizona isn't going to fire Green either they're in a much better spot than they were when he took over.....It takes time to completely turn around an entire team.

Basileus777
10-03-2006, 10:12 PM

Arizona isn't going to fire Green either they're in a much better spot than they were when he took over.....It takes time to completely turn around an entire team.

They are certainly more talented, but they haven't won games. If Green can't take that team to 8-8, he should be gone.

Mecca
10-03-2006, 10:13 PM
They are certainly more talented, but they haven't won games. If Green can't take that team to 8-8, he should be gone.

If you win 8 games with a rookie QB you should be coach of the year.....

big nasty kcnut
10-04-2006, 01:51 AM
I think ole what his face in st louis will be fired that team is tey suck.

Mecca
10-04-2006, 02:10 AM
I think ole what his face in st louis will be fired that team is tey suck.

They're 3-1......

runnercyclist
10-04-2006, 02:35 AM
It would be interesting to see Cowher in Chokeland. That would make for HIGH COMEDY.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-04-2006, 04:16 AM
If you think Fisher is going to be fired then your and idiot!
fans didn't start a couple of Do Not Fire Coach Fisher sites for no reason. Fisher may decide to walk away & start over, thinking it's best for all involved. The Titans are a huge mess

where did I say Gibbs was going to get fired? I was responding to a post that listed a couple of possible retirements

PastorMikH
10-04-2006, 07:08 AM
It would be interesting to see Cowher in Chokeland. That would make for HIGH COMEDY.

From one of the best owners in the NFL to one of the worst. If he went there he'd deserve what he gets.

I've heard rumors that Cowher will be looking for a job this year but I'm not clear as to why he wouldn't have a job in Pitts next year.

Easy 6
10-04-2006, 08:23 AM
I think it would be high comedy for a year, after that it would be bitter drama. Stay the hell away from us Cowher!

Frankie
10-04-2006, 08:51 AM
Cowher in Oakland?! How did you come up with that?

MOhillbilly
10-04-2006, 11:07 AM
its no big secret that the Titans Front office and owner want coach fisher out. Something was mentioned to me about as far back as july.

why? i dont know.

they had great runs and a monster D when Fisher and Williams were picking the players.

Soupnazi
10-04-2006, 11:39 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Fisher take over at Pittsburgh when/if Cowher retires after this year.

Easy 6
10-04-2006, 11:40 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Fisher take over at Pittsburgh when/if Cowher retires after this year.
Everybody heard it here first, that is a PERFECT fit IMO as well.

Spicy McHaggis
10-04-2006, 12:26 PM
Fisher gets canned one year too late. I'd have loved to see him coaching in KC. The reports I've heard from the Titans GM are basically that the reason Fisher is still around is that he doesn't want to cough up the money to have a coach sit around on his couch. Alright it wasn't that blatant but it sure as shit sounded like that was the case.

Oh well, Herm has my support and I've got my fingers crossed.