PDA

View Full Version : Was Trent Green calling plays?

FringeNC
10-03-2006, 10:58 AM
Was talking to a knowledgable NFL that he heard an interview with Huard and Huard stated that all the big pass plays were Trent Green play calls. Anyone else hear this or is this person full of crap?

StcChief
10-03-2006, 11:00 AM
I believe it. Trent would know based on D setup what would work....more so than Solari.

chief52
10-03-2006, 11:02 AM
I obviously have no inside information, but I would guess Trent was making suggestions and had input. Any veteran QB in the NFL would have been doing the same thing. A veteran QB knows the system. His suggestions will definitely be listened to.

FAX
10-03-2006, 11:03 AM
If true, this would indicate brain function.

Good news.

FAX

Scorp
10-03-2006, 11:05 AM

Good news.

FAX
:LOL:

noa
10-03-2006, 11:07 AM
I hope Trent coaches for us when he's done playing.

ChiefsCountry
10-03-2006, 11:11 AM

I don't, I hope he goes into private business or broadcasting.

Fire Me Boy!
10-03-2006, 11:12 AM
No way Trent becomes a coach. He's headed to an analyst job somewhere.

pr_capone
10-03-2006, 11:13 AM
I am salivating at the thought of Green tutiling Croyle for the first several years of his career.

I forsee a seamless transition if that happens.

Hopefully Green comes back for at least 1 more year though... just enough to give Croyle just a bit more time learning as opposed to getting hammered.

Sure-Oz
10-03-2006, 11:16 AM
If Trent comes back and plays on the level we know he can i dont see why he cant play another 2 years.

Kerberos
10-03-2006, 11:17 AM

hopefully he can replace mumbling idiot Irvin on ESPN.

Gonzo
10-03-2006, 11:18 AM
We should ask Herm#1

He would know.

noa
10-03-2006, 11:18 AM

Yeah, that's true, more $$$. Maybe he can eventually replace Len Dawson doing the radio broadcast. I think Trent likes KC and will want to stay here.

Stinger
10-03-2006, 11:21 AM
We should ask Herm#1

He would know.

Or Dr00d since it was his friend that had the inside information at the church Trent's family goes to. :rolleyes:

TN_Chief
10-03-2006, 11:23 AM
Trent calling plays...huh, that would explain the lack of boneheaded timeouts and fumbling around due to not knowing the down/distance.

Damn it, fire Solari now and just let T call plays from the sideline and then call them himself from the huddle/line when he's healthy and playing again. Why pay that little stooge up in the booth?

Fire Me Boy!
10-03-2006, 11:23 AM
Yeah, that's true, more $$$. Maybe he can eventually replace Len Dawson doing the radio broadcast. I think Trent likes KC and will want to stay here.
They've made their home here, so it wouldn't surprise me to see him stay. I heard him on the radio the other day talking about it... that's part of the reason, he said, he thinks so many people wrote cards and sent well-wishes after his injury, because he and his wife have embraced KC as their home. He's not one of the players that plays in KC, but lives somewhere else. He lives here year-round.

Stinger
10-03-2006, 11:26 AM
Damn it, fire Solari now and just let T call plays from the sideline and then call them himself from the huddle/line when he's healthy and playing again. Why pay that little stooge up in the booth?

Because by the time Trent blinks the play call to the medical staff and then they relay the play to Huard the play clock would be down to 02. We would never get a play off.

Frankie
10-03-2006, 11:26 AM
Before that, I hope he'll finally be allowed to change plays on the field. Better yet, call most of the 'O' plays while he is quarterbacking.

StcChief
10-03-2006, 11:46 AM
Because by the time Trent blinks the play call to the medical staff and then they relay the play to Huard the play clock would be down to 02. We would never get a play off.

that's so NOT FUNNY.

I would like to see Trent stay on as Coach after his days are done.

But for now get better, get back to QBing the Chiefs.

Cormac
10-03-2006, 12:17 PM

ROFL

Rain Man
10-03-2006, 12:23 PM

Good news.

FAX

Were you not around during the Paul Hackett years?

In a post-game interview, I swear that someone - can't remember if it was Herm or Huard, but I think Huard - mention that "Trent calls good plays." That could mean that he just had input, but it sounded to me like he was involved.

Fish
10-03-2006, 12:25 PM
Trent calling plays...huh, that would explain the lack of boneheaded timeouts and fumbling around due to not knowing the down/distance.

:rolleyes:

We finally have a very solid offensive performance and this shit comes out?

Do you honestly think Trent...coming off a bad concusion.... is going to be calling plays instead of the damn offensive coordinator? When he's only been trusted to drive a vehicle for less than a week or so? That's the most stupid thing I've heard all day.

What does Solari have to do to get any respect? Sheesh.....

VonneMarie
10-03-2006, 12:29 PM

Good news.

FAX
ROFL

jynni
10-03-2006, 12:30 PM
What does Solari have to do to get any respect? Sheesh.....
Keep track of what down it is?

TN_Chief
10-03-2006, 12:37 PM
+1 to jynni. That'd definitely be a start.

FWIW, I read on two separate sites that Trent had significant input into playcalling vs. the Niners. Given the night/day offensive performance, is it that difficult to believe that Solari was less involved?

It's either that or he (Solari) had a brain transplant and grew a pair during the bye week.

NJ Chief Fan
10-03-2006, 12:40 PM

i think trent loves the game more than the $$$, i wouldnt mind seeing trent on the sidelines or in the coaching booth for us when his playing days are finally numbered.

Archie Bunker
10-03-2006, 12:44 PM
+1 to jynni. That'd definitely be a start.

FWIW, I read on two separate sites that Trent had significant input into playcalling vs. the Niners. Given the night/day offensive performance, is it that difficult to believe that Solari was less involved?

It's either that or he (Solari) had a brain transplant and grew a pair during the bye week.

Or maybe Solari is finding his groove, it takes awhile for most new OCs

Also I dont seem to remember the offenses under Saunders being fast starters either. This team always takes a few weeks to get going.

TN_Chief
10-03-2006, 12:45 PM
What, did Solari skip training camp?

Fish
10-03-2006, 12:48 PM
Given the night/day offensive performance, is it that difficult to believe that Solari was less involved?

YES.

No matter what your opinion of Solari is, he's the OC and he calls the plays. And they aren't going to let a brain-bruised QB take the reigns from him.

Yes, I'm sure Trent was involved. But there is a big difference between being involved and calling the plays. Every time a vet QB is sidelined with injury, he's gonna do what he can to help the backup QB through the game.

But to say Trent's "playcalling" is the reason for the offensive improvement is just plain ignorant.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-03-2006, 12:50 PM
I hope Trent stays just enough of a Retart to stay on the sideline and call plays and we win 41-0 every game the rest of the year!

TN_Chief
10-03-2006, 12:56 PM
But to say Trent's "playcalling" is the reason for the offensive improvement is just plain ignorant.Uh-huh...sure it is.

Archie Bunker
10-03-2006, 12:57 PM
What, did Solari skip training camp?

Did you?

FAX
10-03-2006, 12:59 PM
Didn't Trent say that he had designed a few plays during his recovery from the illegal and brutal hit by the cheating moron of a Bengal?

Perhaps what they're speaking of has to do with Trent working with Solari during preparation, Mr. KC Fish.

FAX

TN_Chief
10-03-2006, 01:06 PM
Did you?Actually, given the hiring of Herm and his staff, the absence of Priest, the loss of Roaf...I tried to block it out of my mind completely. Unfortunately that didn't work, so on 9/10 I was sucked right back in like I always am. I'm a sucker that way.

Now, why don't you go sing a medley with Edith and leave the rest of this discussion to the adults in the room.

Fish
10-03-2006, 01:07 PM
Uh-huh...sure it is.

You go right ahead and believe what you want... You sound like an idiot media drone anyway....

Rain Man
10-03-2006, 01:08 PM
I heard that Solari called the play too early a couple of times, so Herm demoted him and gave Trent the start at offensive coordinator.

FringeNC
10-03-2006, 01:10 PM
How much input Trent had only the coaching staff, Green and Huard know. I do sure hope though that Green is cleared to fly so he can help out Huard this weekend.

Archie Bunker
10-03-2006, 01:13 PM
How much input Trent had only the coaching staff, Green and Huard know. I do sure hope though that Green is cleared to fly so he can help out Huard this weekend.

It was a huge lift, hopefully he can make the trip.

Frosty
10-03-2006, 01:14 PM
Didn't Trent say that he had designed a few plays during his recovery from the illegal and brutal hit by the cheating moron of a Bengal?

Perhaps what they're speaking of has to do with Trent working with Solari during preparation, Mr. KC Fish.

FAX

That is what I thought, too. Herm said that Trent had designed some long passing plays to be run out of the two TE sets. The one to Dante in the endzone looked new.

I also thought the offense had a bit of a West Coast Offense feel, with the split backs and short passes.

FAX
10-03-2006, 01:16 PM
Mr. arc, I think that you and I should get the Nobel prize for figuring sh*t out good.

FAX

Frankie
10-03-2006, 01:40 PM

FAX
You mistyped. It's MR. Trent.
;)

Logical
10-03-2006, 02:52 PM
I am salivating at the thought of Green tutiling Croyle for the first several years of his career.

I forsee a seamless transition if that happens.

Hopefully Green comes back for at least 1 more year though... just enough to give Croyle just a bit more time learning as opposed to getting hammered.

I think you mean tutoring, tutiling sounds nasty.:LOL:

GoHuge
10-03-2006, 07:09 PM
I heard Trent on with KK yesterday and he said he is cleared to fly.

OldTownChief
10-03-2006, 07:16 PM

FAX

I did hear that he had designed some plays this past week.

Raiderhater
10-03-2006, 07:24 PM
Uh-huh...sure it is.

Actually, it is. Trent isn't going to just come in and over-rule the coaches.

Did he make suggestions? Most likely. Were they followed? Quite possibly. Was it Solari's final call? Most certainly.

Psyko Tek
10-04-2006, 03:09 AM
IT was good to se Trent on the sidelines
but damn I loved to see KC actually throw the ball again I don't think herm is scared of useing huard, he thrpws high but hopeffully he'll get that undercontrol