PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Bronco Game

booyaf2
10-03-2006, 12:25 PM
I realize this should be in the tickets section, but it probably won't get seen as much there.
My family is wanting to go to the Donks game that night. What would be the best way to find 12-14 tickets to this game. I realize that we won't be able to sit together, but we would all prefer to sit LL. Anybody have any imput on this. we will probably be looking at 3 sets of 4 seats, and 1 set of two seats.

penguinz
10-03-2006, 12:27 PM
http://go.tickets4u.com/PricedEventDetail.asp?EventID=463221&Live=True

Fish
10-03-2006, 12:28 PM
My imput would be to grab some lube and bend over.... cause you're gonna take it hard buying 12 LL tickets at this point in time.....

Check eBay or Ace Sports in the Oak Park Mall...

luv
10-03-2006, 12:38 PM
Good luck finding one set of four seats together for that game.

DaFace
10-03-2006, 12:50 PM
You might want to check into buying group tickets from the Chiefs if they still have any left. The minimum purchase is 20 tickets, but I'd bet you'd get 20 tickets at face for less than 12 tickets would cost you from a broker. You might also be able to just sell the rest on eBay or something.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/tickets/group_tickets/

Fish
10-03-2006, 12:56 PM
You might want to check into buying group tickets from the Chiefs if they still have any left. The minimum purchase is 20 tickets, but I'd bet you'd get 20 tickets at face for less than 12 tickets would cost you from a broker. You might also be able to just sell the rest on eBay or something.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/tickets/group_tickets/

I bought a set of 32 group tickets to this game well before single game tickets went on sale. They told me at that time that if I didn't get them before single game tix went on sale, then the chances of landing group tix would be very very small... especially for the Denver game.

Wouldn't hurt to try though....

DaFace
10-03-2006, 12:58 PM
I bought a set of 32 group tickets to this game well before single game tickets went on sale. They told me at that time that if I didn't get them before single game tix went on sale, then the chances of landing group tix would be very very small... especially for the Denver game.

Wouldn't hurt to try though....

Cool. I've never called them, but I've heard they reserve some group tickets until right before games (which would explain where LL tickets showed up on Ticketmaster for the Niners last week). I'm not sure what the logic would be in doing that, though, so that may be a bunch of crap.

Phobia
10-03-2006, 01:29 PM
I don't know if you've made tailgating plans yet but we'll be out there early frying some turkeys. Drop me a PM if you have any interest in joining us.

Fish
10-03-2006, 01:36 PM
I don't know if you've made tailgating plans yet but we'll be out there early frying some turkeys. Drop me a PM if you have any interest in joining us.

So do they let us in early for a night game or is it still 3.5 hrs before kickoff? I wasn't sure if the Turkey day game would be treated differently, and forgot to ask when getting tix....

Phobia
10-03-2006, 01:37 PM
I think they'll open earlier, all things considered. But I haven't yet verified.

JBucc
10-03-2006, 01:39 PM
I have to try one of those fried turkeys one of these days. Try not to burn down Arrowhead.

Fish
I think they'll open earlier, all things considered. But I haven't yet verified.

Well let's get to it and see if we can have a turkey cookoff.... I'm hoping to have enough time to smoke a bird....

Stinger
But I haven't yet verified.

[insert WPI joke] :D :Poke:

Fish
10-03-2006, 01:47 PM
Just called the ticket office at Arrowhead. They said it will be treated as any other game. Gates open 3.5 hrs before kickoff...... :banghead:

Guess I'll have to start smoking birds before heading out....

booyaf2
10-03-2006, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the invite Phobia. However, you seem like a good guy, and I wouldn't want to subject you and yours to my family. Some of them tend to have too many beers prior to kickoff.

Actually I'd love to meet some of you guys/girls. I'll start a thread closer to Turkey Day and we'll meet up!

Phobia
10-03-2006, 02:01 PM
We've had those types at our tailgates in the past. Upon occassion, I've been one of those guys. Not in a while though. I decided I didn't like myself very much when I had more than 6 beers.

cookster50
10-03-2006, 02:11 PM
We've had those types at our tailgates in the past. Upon occassion, I've been one of those guys. Not in a while though. I decided I didn't like myself very much when I had more than 6 beers.

When you start looking at GoChiefs with love in your eyes, you've had too much booze.

Phobia
10-03-2006, 02:12 PM
Speaking of which, Gochiefs will be at my tailgate Thanksgiving.

Hammock Parties
10-03-2006, 06:58 PM
That's right! I'll be signing autographs for free, too!

10-03-2006, 07:12 PM
That's right! I'll be signing autographs for free, too!
Signing them GoChiefs??? :rolleyes:

Or Clayton??? :rolleyes: :Lin:

Deberg_1990
10-03-2006, 07:15 PM
Does anyone know if the NFL is going to award the Thanksgiving night game to KC every year (Like Detroit and Dallas) or will it be on a team by team rotation?? I honestly think that Dallas and Detroit have had an unfair advantage for years.

Smed1065
10-04-2006, 01:18 AM

I am the bad guy. Phobia and I will provide a tailgate for fun, food and but you will have to bring the drinks.........

I also ask that you PM me or Phobia the monday before or take your chances.

I will even invite skipper, free of charge.........
Even after bragging of taking a noob out and getting a negative 10,000 hits and still bragging about 30 to 90 point hits.................:)

skipper I will cover your food........I know its a risk

I understand a reasonable truce would suck for you.......

OldTownChief
10-04-2006, 05:16 AM
Speaking of which, Gochiefs will be at my tailgate Thanksgiving.

Is Skip going? I'd show up just for that.