PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs to return to River Falls for TC in '07

Fire Me Boy!
10-03-2006, 12:28 PM
CHIEFS WILL RETURN TO UW-RIVER FALLS FOR TRAINING CAMP IN 2007

Kansas City Chiefs President Carl Peterson announced on Tuesday that the club has exercised a one-year option to continue conducting its training camp at the University of Wisconsin - River Falls in 2007. Kansas City’s 2007 training camp on the River Falls campus will mark the 17th consecutive year the Chiefs have conducted their preseason work in Western Wisconsin. The team has three remaining one-year options in its existing agreement with UW-RF should the Chiefs wish to exercise them.

“On behalf of the entire Chiefs organization, we’re delighted to return to the University of Wisconsin - River Falls for a 17th consecutive year,” Peterson commented. “We have enjoyed our relationship with UW-River Falls and look forward to continuing that partnership for another year. I want to personally thank the entire River Falls community and particularly the staff at UW-River Falls for making training camp so productive for us the past 16 years. They have never become complacent and have worked diligently to improve each year.”

“We're very pleased that the Kansas City Chiefs will be returning to UW-River Falls for a 17th year next summer,” UW-River Falls Chancellor Don Betz commented. “This has been a positive relationship for the Chiefs, the University and the St. Croix Valley of Wisconsin. Having the Chiefs on our campus each year is an event that everyone looks forward to with anticipation. We again welcome the opportunity to be the first step of our favorite NFL team's journey to a successful football season.”

Thanks to a $2.4 million dollar funding package from the State of Wisconsin and UW-RF students, the University made a number of improvements to Knowles Arena on the University of Wisconsin - River Falls campus, which the Chiefs have enjoyed since 2005. Knowles Arena was enlarged, two new locker rooms with 100 pro-style lockers were added, while shower and dressing areas were improved. In addition, a new, 2,500 square foot training room was added and upgraded to state-of-the-art status. The entire building is air conditioned, which is an additional plus for the Chiefs.

StcChief
10-03-2006, 12:32 PM
So now do they put out bids for TC moving into Missouri?

St.Joe, Kirksville, Warrensburg?

My vote would be Kirksville for scrimmage with Lambs

TRR
10-03-2006, 12:45 PM
This is excellent news. I love the town of Hudson, and vacation there every summer. River Falls is only about 15 minutes away. I'm not too sure if I would vacation there again if KC wasn't heading back to River Falls, but since this came out, I will be back next summer!!

Reaper16
10-03-2006, 12:59 PM
Great news. I would have puked if TC moving to St. Joe meant Mo West gets a recruiting edge.

FloridaMan88
10-03-2006, 06:27 PM
This is terrible news. Practicing so far away from home and in an antiquated toilet like River Falls, that doesn't even have an indoor practice facility leaves the Chiefs at a great disadvantage compared to other teams.

JBucc
10-03-2006, 06:30 PM
I say we move practice to Antarctica in -40 blinding snowstorms or to the Sahara in 130 degree heat to toughen our guys up, maybe kill off a few weaklings.

Dr. Van Halen
10-03-2006, 06:50 PM
I suspect that CP wants to move the team to NW Missouri -- especially based on the praise he gave to Mo West's bid. He's specifically mentioned St. Joseph as one, if not THE, top candidate for 3 years.

HOWEVER, Rep. Brad Lager voted against the Truman Sports Complex in the MO House, so CP feels the need to punish Lager for his vote.

I don't necessarily blame CP for doing so, either. KC has been consistently screwed over by the state -- and it's no wonder when even the area reps won't step in to help the city out.

I emailed Lager at the time about why he voted against stadium renovations, and he said that he felt Missouri had more pressing concerns than football and baseball. Which, while it is true, is kind of a horsecrap answer. No state only spends money on pressing concerns, so Lager must have had some reason to vote against the Royals and Chiefs. Now NW Missouri, and St. Joseph in particular, is missing out on something special. Training camp would not only bring in money to St. Joe, but also give it a bit of positive regional press.

I have always supported Lager in the past, but messing with my Chiefs isn't going to win my vote.

Reaper16
10-03-2006, 07:18 PM
Screw St. Joe. Now if they wanted to move camp to Maryville, then I'm all for it. :D

rocks
10-03-2006, 08:37 PM
I think it is GREAT news. I really like the area and it is good to go to the northwoods in July/August. Plus the beer is great. Oh also, it is sooo easy to spot the camp Ho's. They are the only one's not fat from cheese curds!!

RealSNR
10-03-2006, 08:58 PM
This is terrible news. Practicing so far away from home and in an antiquated toilet like River Falls, that doesn't even have an indoor practice facility leaves the Chiefs at a great disadvantage compared to other teams.That's great. What else did you have for breakfast that you haven't shat out of your ass yet?