PDA

View Full Version : Two Plus Two

Phobia
10-03-2006, 09:37 PM
I really hate pimping my own crap, but until I'm as sought after as some of the Star writers, I guess I'm stuck doing so. I have a feeling it will be a very long wait for me. Anyway, here's my crap. Hopefully you like it. If you don't, please don't hurt my feelings. I'm feeling very vulnerable right now.

http://chiefs.scout.com/2/575239.html

10-03-2006, 09:39 PM
I really hate pimping my own crap, but until I'm as sought after as some of the Star writers, I guess I'm stuck doing so. I have a feeling it will be a very long wait for me. Anyway, here's my crap. Hopefully you like it. If you don't, please don't hurt my feelings. I'm feeling very vulnerable right now.

Nice read

Simplex3
10-03-2006, 09:42 PM
There were not enough pictures so I gave up. :shrug:

the Talking Can
10-03-2006, 09:44 PM

do they sew vaginas on all WPI employees?

Donger
10-03-2006, 09:45 PM
do they sew vaginas on all WPI employees?

I think some get iron-on tattoos, so as not to be grossed out.

Spott
10-03-2006, 09:48 PM
Damn, that message board over there sucks ass compared to the planet.

Phobia
10-03-2006, 09:49 PM
Damn, that message board over there sucks ass compared to the planet.

Yeah, the software is pretty rough. Thankfully that's being upgraded soon.

Spott
10-03-2006, 09:51 PM
Yeah, the software is pretty rough. Thankfully that's being upgraded soon.

The article was good though.

Gonzo
10-03-2006, 09:55 PM
Very nice article Phobia. good job!

Easy 6
10-03-2006, 09:57 PM

Two words i would use are concise and well formatted. If "DownFieldDamon" does go on a tear when is the point of no return? I'm thinking it would be pretty late, i have to think Trent could step back in with guys he knows this well and be the vet who wont get fooled by late season heat and skullguggery, i bet Trent will chomp at the bit to get in when he's ready. Maximus must get to his troops outside of Rome and squash the revolt before it gets outta hand.

Phobia
10-03-2006, 10:00 PM
Two words i would use are concise and well formatted.

Thanks. I know I'm not a great writer so I use those two weapons to keep the read enjoyable. I can't stand reading wordy crap that is 5000 words long. There's no sense in it.

Donger
10-03-2006, 10:01 PM
That was actually rather well-written, Phobia. Thank you for sharing it.

Halfcan
10-03-2006, 10:03 PM
Nice one-you really are coming into your own.

Boise_Chief
10-03-2006, 10:05 PM
Not bad. I disagree about Leaf though, he was a total jackass in college, the NFL and since. I had the pleasure of seeing him kicked off the golf course ahead of me for bieng a jackass and not finding enough people willing to put up with it. His problem was lack of character.

Easy 6
10-03-2006, 10:06 PM
Thanks. I know I'm not a great writer so I use those two weapons to keep the read enjoyable. I can't stand reading wordy crap that is 5000 words long. There's no sense in it.
Agreed. Sometimes i see an article posted and think "am i ready for this right now? LMAO

Fishpicker
10-03-2006, 10:18 PM
that's a quality article to be sure. I don't understand why you doubt your writing ability. your article was succint and had a nice flow to it.

Phobia
10-03-2006, 10:28 PM
that's a quality article to be sure. I don't understand why you doubt your writing ability. your article was succint and had a nice flow to it.
I'm essentially an amateur and this is roughly my 10th article - I think some trepidation is probably natural. Combined with that, I'm bit of an egomaniac. A little humility won't hurt me.

Donger
10-03-2006, 10:33 PM
I'm essentially an amateur and this is roughly my 10th article - I think some trepidation is probably natural. Combined with that, I'm bit of an egomaniac. A little humility won't hurt me.

Having GoChiefs edit it probably whittled that down a bit, eh?

Hammock Parties
10-03-2006, 10:33 PM
Phil is pretty good. His work requires little editing.

Donger
10-03-2006, 10:34 PM
Phil is pretty good. His work requires little editing.

Obviously.

Phobia
10-03-2006, 10:35 PM
Not bad. I disagree about Leaf though, he was a total jackass in college, the NFL and since. I had the pleasure of seeing him kicked off the golf course ahead of me for bieng a jackass and not finding enough people willing to put up with it. His problem was lack of character.

I agree there are a ton of other factors that contributed to his demise, mostly due to poor character. But I don't think his skills can be denied. He was supposedly the prototypical pro QB. Too bad he was a frickin headcase.

cdcox
10-03-2006, 10:41 PM
He said "modicum". Heh. Heh.

cdcox
10-03-2006, 10:49 PM
How many times has a former wash-out starter sit on the bench for a couple years, get a fresh chance to start and turn out to be a much better QB than people first thought. Not a superstar, but a servicable starter.

Plunkett and Testeverde are a couple that come to mind. But there are others.

Some guys get better, even sitting on the bench.

Easy 6
10-03-2006, 11:08 PM
How many times has a former wash-out starter sit on the bench for a couple years, get a fresh chance to start and turn out to be a much better QB than people first thought. Not a superstar, but a servicable starter.

Plunkett and Testeverde are a couple that come to mind. But there are others.

Some guys get better, even sitting on the bench.
So true, history is littered with them.

dollar1
10-04-2006, 09:23 AM
Didn't ?Livingston? play most of the season for Dawson during the Super Bowl run?

~back under rock~

milkman
10-04-2006, 09:26 AM
Didn't ?Livingston? play most of the season for Dawson during the Super Bowl run?

~back under rock~

6 games, if my memory hasn't failed me.

milkman
10-04-2006, 09:34 AM
6 games, if my memory hasn't failed me.

After looking it up, I find that my memory has failed me.

Dawson missed 9 games.

Dartgod
10-04-2006, 09:35 AM
...I know from many years of watching football that a quarterback who has a tendency to make poor decisions doesn't last very long.

Unless his last name is Plummer. :D

Jilly
10-04-2006, 09:43 AM
nice job, kept me interested and that's always a good thing.

InChiefsHeaven
10-04-2006, 09:46 AM

In that case, it sucked ass, how the hell can you live with yourself??

:D

Seriously, I disagree on the quarterback controversy. There will not be one. Trent is tested, he is on the sidelines and active, and probably had a lot do to with the success Damon had last weekend...at home...in a friendly environment. I'm not totally sold on Damon at all, though I'm way happier with him than I thought I would be. But when Trent comes back, I don't think anyone will argue...least of all Damon.

ArrowheadHawk
10-04-2006, 09:49 AM
good read :thumb:

Bob Dole
10-04-2006, 09:54 AM
Could someone just copy and paste the thing? That website is blocked by Bob Dole's ISP as inappropriate.

Iowanian
10-04-2006, 09:55 AM
I want success for Huard while he's leading the Chiefs UNTIL Green's return.

Anyone who thinks there is ANY chance at a QB controversy has been eating some toxic Urinal mints.

Dartgod
10-04-2006, 10:00 AM
Could someone just copy and paste the thing? That website is blocked by Bob Dole's ISP as inappropriate.
LMAO

Rain Man
10-04-2006, 10:07 AM
Nice article, and I'm not just saying that. It was better than Cats.

Lzen
10-04-2006, 10:32 AM
I agree that there is a point of no return in a season. The big question would be "when is the point of no return?" Perhaps if we get to December and Trent isn't back yet and Huard has been playing well then we should just stick with Damon Huard.

Hammock Parties
10-04-2006, 10:36 AM
I agree that there is a point of no return in a season. The big question would be "when is the point of no return?" Perhaps if we get to December and Trent isn't back yet and Huard has been playing well then we should just stick with Damon Huard.

If Huard starts more than 10 games this year, I think I'd let him finish it out.

InChiefsHeaven
10-04-2006, 10:39 AM
Nice article, and I'm not just saying that. It was better than Cats.

Allright, let's not go overboard there thailor... :thailor:

Hammock Parties
10-04-2006, 10:49 AM
Miiiiidnight...not a sound from the pavement....has the mooooooon lost her memoryyyyyyyyyyy....she is smiling aloooooooooooone

alpha_omega
10-04-2006, 10:58 AM
Nice work Phobia...thanks for sharing.

These 2 lines were my favorites:

Instead, the Chiefs traded up into the Cowboys slot and selected Ryan Sims, who hasn't been a badge of honor for Kansas City’s scouting department. Nobody is listing that selection on their resume.

bogie
10-04-2006, 11:19 AM
Great article. I would disagree in one area. I think Trent will continue to be a leader on this team even when he's not playing. Huard needs to lead on the field while he's playing, but don't think for a minute that Huard isn't being managed by Trent Green as well. Huard is proving to be a great back-up, but Trent is still the boss. When Trent is ready to go, he needs to be back on the field taking back his on field leadership position.