PDA

View Full Version : Denny Green "clears it all up"

runnercyclist
10-04-2006, 02:48 AM
"Well I think that uh, we announced yesterday Matt Leinert's gonna be our starting quarterback, and uh, you know, once you make a change, that's why you, don't uh, make 'em that often, or make 'em, you know, just to make 'em. I think once you make that change, uh, then that's the direction that you're goin."

Thanks for clearing that up Denny.

You're not on tilt.

You're in control.

10-04-2006, 03:30 AM
Gee, he is not second guessing himself at all there.

runnercyclist
10-04-2006, 03:35 AM
Gee, he is not second guessing himself at all there.

The quintessential self-confident.

He exudes leadership.

StcChief
10-04-2006, 06:50 AM
Uh..we paid alot a money to the kid, need to see what he's got, uh.... giving Kurt a week off to think about all his ball drops is probably good. Uh That's all.

ROYC75
10-04-2006, 07:04 AM
Now you know why he is not HC material ....... decisions bother him, always have. Unless it is a cut and dry case, he wiggles to get through it.

Cormac
10-04-2006, 07:07 AM
Don't laugh at poor Denny. He's all torn up because his FFL QBs are Warner and Trent Green. What's he going to do?

boogblaster
10-04-2006, 07:24 AM
denny couldnt coach my dead dog to play dead....

Bowser
10-04-2006, 08:05 AM
From where I'm sitting, Denny made the best choice possible.

BigChiefFan
10-04-2006, 08:25 AM
Denny may not be a great head coach, but he's one of the best talent evaluators in the NFL.

BTW, he coached a team to an NFC championship game more recently than any Chief coach. I think it's foolish to bag on Green when there are alot worst coaches in football. Everybody's a ****ing critic.

Fire Me Boy!
10-04-2006, 08:31 AM
BTW, he coached a team to an NFC championship game more recently than any Chief coach.
That's pretty easy... since the Chiefs don't play in the NFC. :p

noa
10-04-2006, 08:34 AM
Denny may not be a great head coach, but he's one of the best talent evaluators in the NFL.

BTW, he coached a team to an NFC championship game more recently than any Chief coach. I think it's foolish to bag on Green when there are alot worst coaches in football. Everybody's a ****ing critic.

I think its fair to dig at Denny when his team has been such a disappointment this year. They spent tons of money re-signing Warner and getting Edge, and so far, neither has done squat. Warner is riding the bench now and Edge is getting 68 yards per game, which they probably could have gotten out of Samkon Gado. The NFL is all about what you have done lately, not what you did with your last team a few years back.

ck_IN
10-04-2006, 08:46 AM
Just because there's worse coaches then Green doesn't make Green any good.

He should be a scout, it'd play to his strength. He's also a lousy coach. But so are/were many others.

Brock
10-04-2006, 08:49 AM
He's no worse than Tony Dungy.

ck_IN
10-04-2006, 09:07 AM
I'm not a huge Dungy fan either. I personally think he's holding the Colts back. However I'd rate him higher then Green.

Basileus777
10-04-2006, 09:09 AM
Green deserves the criticism he gets. The Cards have way too much talent to suck this badly.

JohnnyV13
10-04-2006, 09:15 AM
People overrate the Cards' talent. Their problem is o line, and their weakness up front makes their offensive weapons under-perform.

The problem is lack of consistency. They can't convert short downs by running. This problem makes putting together drives difficult. They are one dimensional, it puts pressure on their D.

Iowanian
10-04-2006, 09:24 AM
Warner has had trouble holding the ball since he broke his hand.

It doesn't help that AZ follows the Raiders Oline policy and is getting him beaten like a cursing Amish Child at a church social.

When the Chiefs beat the piss out of St Leinart sunday, its not going to help Denny's indigestion.

fan4ever
10-04-2006, 09:48 AM
I live in Phoenix and I've watched this team year after year do what works for marketing; not what wins games. It was way better marketing to sign James than it was to acquire a couple of good offensive linemen; fans loved it, bought out the stadium (which may have happened anyway with the SuperBowl being here in '08). I've never thought the ownership cared about winning and I think that will never change as long as the "old man" is still signing the checks. I agree with an earlier post; Green would be a great talent scout; as a coach his emotions get the better of him. Anyone remember him cutting Pete Kendall because he was pissed at him? Didn't trade him, or even bench him; cut him . . . the only good player on his offensive line . . . Kendall must sit and watch Sports Center and laugh his ass off every week.

chiefqueen
10-04-2006, 11:37 AM
Don't laugh at poor Denny. He's all torn up because his FFL QBs are Warner and Trent Green. What's he going to do?

Drop the defense he currently has, pick up the Chiefs' D, and play it.

MGRS13
10-04-2006, 01:13 PM
Dennys biggest problem now is what does he tell the media when Leinert comes out and plays like a rookie, and he will, throwing INTs taking sacs and just turning the ball over in general. I.E. playing Warner ball.

ArrowheadHawk
10-04-2006, 01:17 PM
Dennys biggest problem now is what does he tell the media when Leinert comes out and plays like a rookie, and he will, throwing INTs taking sacs and just turning the ball over in general. I.E. playing Warner ball.
i hope he is responsible for 2 ints and 2 fumbles on sunday

Brock
10-04-2006, 01:22 PM

At least Leinart has an excuse.

MGRS13
10-04-2006, 01:24 PM
At least Leinart has an excuse.
That may be true but it will still be a problem for Denny.

Sure-Oz
10-04-2006, 01:26 PM
I think leinart will probably do better than Warner would've done against us.

10-04-2006, 01:27 PM
He's no worse than Tony Dungy.
I agree.
I think they are both equally bad

Basileus777
10-04-2006, 01:36 PM
I think leinart will probably do better than Warner would've done against us.

Maybe, but it is his first NFL start. He didn't exactly look great against the Falcons. I'd rather face Leinart than Warner right now, that will probably change in weeks though. But rookie qbs almost never tear it up on their first start.

jlscorpio
10-04-2006, 01:40 PM
I'm stationed in N Dakota, probably the biggest Vikings territory after MN. Denny's legacy with them is eerily similar to Marty's in KC. Two very good motivators, two very average gameday coaches. NFC Championship game losses still don't get u a trophy, especially those of the 41-donut variety...