PDA

View Full Version : Allen says he let fans down

Wile_E_Coyote
10-04-2006, 04:51 AM
Chiefs defensive end issues apology after his second arrest for driving under the influence.

By DIANE CARROLL

The Kansas City Star

Defensive end Jared Allen apologized Tuesday to Chiefs fans for “letting them down” by drinking and driving on two occasions this year.

Allen was charged Sept. 26 with driving under the influence in Leawood. At the time, he was participating in a court program stemming from his arrest in May in Overland Park on the same charge.

In a statement released by Allen’s attorney, Kevin Regan, Allen said he had “exercised poor judgment and made bad decisions regarding drinking and driving. I accept complete responsibility for my actions.

“Drinking and driving are wrong and I will never put myself or others in that situation again.”

Allen said he wanted to apologize to those close to him for the embarrassment he has caused them and to fans for letting them down. He said he is taking the right steps to deal with the situation and to make sure it never happens again.

Regan declined to comment specifically on the charges or on whether Allen believed he had a problem with alcohol. He said he had received police reports on the second arrest and was waiting to receive other documents and videotapes.

“We will take the appropriate actions at the appropriate time to deal with these matters,” Regan said. “Jared takes this situation very seriously … His goal is to regain his status as a well-respected, law-abiding member of this community.”

Both charges, which became public Saturday, are misdemeanors. In Kansas, a third offense is a felony.

On Sept. 26, Allen was stopped at 1:25 a.m. at 135th Street and Roe Avenue. Police have said that Allen declined to take a breath-alcohol test or perform any other tests.

On May 11, Allen was arrested at 5:37 a.m. at 135th Street and U.S. 69 in Overland Park, records show. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and speeding.

In July, Allen was allowed to enter a diversion program in Overland Park Municipal Court. Typically, if such a program is completed successfully, the charges are dismissed.

Under the terms of the diversion agreement, Allen is not allowed to drink alcohol or violate the law. If the agreement is violated, the court can terminate the program.
<HR class=tagline color=#cccccc SIZE=1>To reach Diane Carroll, call (816) 234-7704 or send e-mail to dcarroll@kcstar.com (dcarroll@kcstar.com)

I bring this up because during the game, after Allen was called for an offsides penality. The crowd booed & the camera caught Allen looking up at the crowd, looking ashamed

58-4ever
10-04-2006, 05:09 AM
"Drinking and driving are wrong"

This statement is wrong. It should read drinking and driving is wrong. Because when one uses "are" it implies a plural statement. Drinking and driving is a single act, therefore the correct English would be "is" wrong.

Because as we all know, there is nothing wrong with drinking.

And driving has always been legal and perfectly moral.

Chan93lx50
10-04-2006, 05:19 AM
Hmmm, I figured they were booing because they thought it was a bad call by the refs, and Allen looked ashamed because he was offsides.

So the big question is will there be any game time suspensions

Simplex3
10-04-2006, 06:05 AM
Hey Allen, quit worrying about "the fans" and appologize to all the children who's mother's, father's, sibling's, grandparent's, aunt's, uncle's, friend's, etc lives were less important than your night out binging. Then when you're done with that STOP DRINKING DIPS**T. It should be clear to you by now that you have an issue with it.

Warrior5
10-04-2006, 06:20 AM
Apology accepted...

now tear Leinart's head off and show it to him.

DaWolf
10-04-2006, 06:30 AM
My response to Jared Allen:

A) Kiss my a$$, you turd. Twice in a year? What's it gonna take, you running over someone before you figure it out.

B) You play in the Show Me State. Your words are worthless to me. You better not do it again, you moron...

StcChief
10-04-2006, 06:47 AM
He let the court, community, the Chiefs (his employer) down.

Interesting what the court will do....as a community celebrity... Maybe he can buy out with more $$$$.

If the they are by the book. His first offense will stick as a DUI.

teedubya
10-04-2006, 06:56 AM
Damn you Leewood cops!! Damn you! Don't you know who he is? :cuss:

TrickyNicky
10-04-2006, 07:01 AM
He definitely needs to get it together. He's lucky he didn't have a Leonard Little situation, and killed a woman only to have his team sweep it under the rug. He can afford to call a cab everytime or hell, I'm willing to bet a dedicated fan would pick him up and drive him home for free just to make sure this doesn't happen again.

jspchief
10-04-2006, 07:02 AM
My response to Jared Allen:

A) Kiss my a$$, you turd. Twice in a year? What's it gonna take, you running over someone before you figure it out.

B) You play in the Show Me State. Your words are worthless to me. You better not do it again, you moron...I agree with this post 100%

Getting caught once is stupid but I'll chalk it up to a dumb mistake. Doing it twice in one year is beyond stupid.

I hope they throw the book at him.

Bob Dole
10-04-2006, 07:08 AM
Hey Allen, quit worrying about "the fans" and appologize to all the children who's mother's, father's, sibling's, grandparent's, aunt's, uncle's, friend's, etc lives were less important than your night out binging. Then when you're done with that STOP DRINKING DIPS**T. It should be clear to you by now that you have an issue with it.

Who knows? Maybe that apology is in a different press release where he also apologizes for owning a handgun and a pitbull terrier, voting Republican, failing to find a cure for cancer, and unrest in the Middle East. You know...everything else that's a reality, but not really a direct result of the incident he's addressing in this press release.

Dartgod
10-04-2006, 07:09 AM
Defensive end Jared Allen apologized Tuesday to Chiefs fans for “letting them down” by getting caught drinking and driving on two occasions this year.
Yo, Jared. Fixed your....er, post.

ROYC75
10-04-2006, 07:09 AM
The team man, the team ! Ya let your team down man.

StcChief
10-04-2006, 07:20 AM
He definitely needs to get it together. He's lucky he didn't have a Leonard Little situation, and killed a woman only to have his team sweep it under the rug. He can afford to call a cab everytime or hell, I'm willing to bet a dedicated fan would pick him up and drive him home for free just to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Leonard Little walked on his 2nd DUI by have best Lawyer in STL and stupid Ladue Police not following the testing procedure to the letter.
Maybe done on purpose????

This was never really brought out to much here.
Found this out from the cops.

:cuss: :cuss: :banghead:

Kerberos
10-04-2006, 08:04 AM
I don't know about MO but in KS if you refuse to take the sobriety test your DL is taken away from you administratively by the state and you won't get it back for at least a year. If you drive and get caught after that (drunk or otherwise) it will be a whole new set of charges. MO might have different laws regaurding refusal of sobriety tests?

Raiderhater
10-04-2006, 08:39 AM

Considering the city this occured in, the two groups are most likely the same.

Bowser
10-04-2006, 08:42 AM
Issuing this press release seems like a questionable legal strategy.

It's Kansas. Enough said.

noa
10-04-2006, 08:43 AM
For a big guy like Jared Allen to be drunk enough to cross the center line of the road while driving, that was no accident. He mush have had quite a few drinks. He needs to learn self control. Way too many NFL careers are sidetracked by off-the-field issues.

Rain Man
10-04-2006, 08:49 AM
I'll really be disappointed if a good player destroys his career with this kind of unnecessary stuff. Not to mention ruining his life, but that's another issue entirely.

KC Kings
10-04-2006, 08:50 AM
"Drinking and driving are wrong"

This statement is wrong. It should read drinking and driving is wrong. Because when one uses "are" it implies a plural statement. Drinking and driving is a single act, therefore the correct English would be "is" wrong.

Because as we all know, there is nothing wrong with drinking.

And driving has always been legal and perfectly moral.
In his first press conference in May, he said "drinking and driving is wrong".

Since his DUI is no longer a singular offense, he made the proper grammatical changes to reflect the plural nature of his offenses.

Chief Chief
10-04-2006, 09:06 AM
"He (Allen) said he is taking the right steps to deal with the situation and to make sure it never happens again."

Perhaps he's in direct daily contact with his new "anti-DUI" mentor B.J. Sams?

Iowanian
10-04-2006, 09:08 AM
How many people who boo'd him at the game.....were drinking before and during the game, and then drove home?

How many people bitching about him drank at a sportsbar while watching the game, and then drove home?

He screwed up big time, and he's lucky he didn't hurt someone. Hopefully he'll learn from it before he gets an unpaid vacation or hurts someone.

boomer take note.

thepascalblaze
10-04-2006, 09:11 AM
What's his salary? How much is a cab? With his dough I bet he could even pay extra to have a pair of bull horns attached to the front. Or better yet, how many college kids from Lawrence would be his private driver on the cheap?

FAX
10-04-2006, 09:14 AM
Ja-red has discovered that his kryptonite is a drinkiepoo.

Here's to hoping he gets this under control.

FAX

Gonzo
10-04-2006, 09:15 AM
Well hell....Why did'nt he just let his girlfriend, Sexychiefschick, give him a ride home. I'm sure they were out on a date anyway.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=129459&highlight=jared+allen

Adept Havelock
10-04-2006, 09:43 AM
Leonard Little walked on his 2nd DUI by have best Lawyer in STL and stupid Ladue Police not following the testing procedure to the letter.
Maybe done on purpose????

This was never really brought out to much here.
Found this out from the cops.

:cuss: :cuss: :banghead:

Ladue Cops? That explains a lot.

SLAG
10-04-2006, 09:47 AM
What's his salary? How much is a cab? With his dough I bet he could even pay extra to have a pair of bull horns attached to the front. Or better yet, how many college kids from Lawrence would be his private driver on the cheap?

hell i live in Olathe and id be is priviate driver for cheap-

I acutally ran in to jared about a month ago - he was at the Gas station- I didnt know it was him right away and I had not previously heard or seen anything about his car-- So I see the baby blue caddy pull up as im pumping my Gas- and I walk over to the owner- Something i would have done to ANYONE driving that car- .. He gets out and is talking on his cell phone- and I just say.. Nice Car Man- and he nods and says thanks- so i walk around his car checking it out- (Very nice Btw- but it was nice outside and he had the Top Up - WTF!!) So as i Go back and Im pumping the rest of my Gas I keep looking at that car.. and I'm saying to myself- that guy looks really Familer- So I keep thinking is that... no it couldnt be.... that dude looks like Jared Allen-

It wasnt until the Bengals game when they showed his car and him that confirmed my thoughts-

anyway he seemed nice but i wasnt going to bug him on his cell phone- i wasnt going to be "That Guy"

but Back on Topic--

I woulndt drink and drive if that was my car-
it was just way too nice to risk wrecking

Rain Man
10-04-2006, 09:48 AM
What kind of car does he have?

FAX
10-04-2006, 09:54 AM
What kind of car does he have?

Ja-red does not actually drive, Mr. Rain Man. He uses the sun's power to propel him through the atmosphere.

FAX

InChiefsHeaven
10-04-2006, 09:59 AM
I thought that since Warfield was gone, we wouldn't have all this partying and carrying on...:)

...man, I hope Boomer is paying attention. He seems ripe for this kind of problem.

And as I said about Warfield, I'd be glad to drive Mr. Allen anywhere he wants to go to party. Hell, I'd do it for free.

tburg
10-04-2006, 11:18 AM
I hope he doesnt expect people to belive that the two times in his life he chose to drink and drive are the only times he got cought. I saw a stat(believe it or not) that you drink and drive over the legal limit 1200 times before you are cought once.....

ferrarispider95
10-04-2006, 11:30 AM
So I see the baby blue caddy pull up as im pumping my Gas- and I walk over to the owner- Something i would have done to ANYONE driving that car- .. He gets out and is talking on his cell phone-

SO now we find out not only does he drink and drive he also uses his cell phone as a potentially explosive device as the gas station endangering the lives of hundreds if not millions.

Bob Dole
10-04-2006, 11:34 AM
SO now we find out not only does he drink and drive he also uses his cell phone as a potentially explosive device as the gas station endangering the lives of hundreds if not millions.

He needs to issue a press release for that ASAP.

NewChief
10-04-2006, 12:05 PM
Out of curiosity, whatever happened to the supposed 3rd DUI from back in his college days that some of the Planet super sleuths had uncovered?

RealSNR
10-04-2006, 12:18 PM
I'm pissed at Allen, but you gotta admit, this is more apologizing than Warfield ever did. At least Allen is trying to make it known that he feels like a piece of shit and wants to change that as much as he can.

Of course, 1, 2... 3 sacks/game would be a step in the right direction :D

Basileus777
10-04-2006, 12:20 PM
Allen needs to show Leonard Davis just how sorry he is.

Braincase
10-04-2006, 01:11 PM
Rich Scanlon would NEVER drink and drive. He'd just run, take a big jump and then land on his own porch.

Chief Chief
10-04-2006, 01:12 PM

Uhmmmm..he didn't pay to have them bull horns added on..he really drove into a bull and that's what's left over.

Chief Chief
10-04-2006, 01:16 PM
I hope he doesnt expect people to belive that the two times in his life he chose to drink and drive are the only times he got cought. I saw a stat(believe it or not) that you drink and drive over the legal limit 1200 times before you are cought once.....

...cought...cought...?? :BLVD:
:stupid:

Raiderhater
10-04-2006, 03:41 PM
How many people who boo'd him at the game.....were drinking before and during the game, and then drove home?

How many people bitching about him drank at a sportsbar while watching the game, and then drove home?

He screwed up big time, and he's lucky he didn't hurt someone. Hopefully he'll learn from it before he gets an unpaid vacation or hurts someone.

boomer take note.

What? You mean people are being hypocritical? Surely you jest.

Predarat
10-04-2006, 03:53 PM
Allen says he let fans down

So did Elvis but he never bothered to apologize.

NJ Chief Fan
10-04-2006, 05:45 PM
usually id say F?CK THE PO-LICE, but im very against drinking and driving

jared allen = YOUR AND IDIOT!