PDA

View Full Version : Penalties

Bob Dole
10-04-2006, 01:16 PM
Wasn't there a thread on here earlier in the week about the drop in penalties this season?

Anyway, our good friend Blob has posted a penalty-related article on the Chiefs site that (among other things) lists the penalties against offence and defense.

What’s especially impressive is that the Chiefs defense has shown obvious improvement in hitting, tackling and pass coverage and there has not been a rise in penalties. There have been five flags walked off against the defense and none have involved pass defense. There was a 15-yard facemask penalty against Tamba Hali, a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct call for taunting on Kawika Mitchell, a pair of offsides flags and a bogus 12-men on the field call in the Cincinnati game.

Out of those flags, 3 of the 5 were complete bullshit.

Complete article at http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2006/10/04/gretz_flags__zebras/

CupidStunt
10-04-2006, 01:24 PM
Mitchell's was garbage. I just watched that play.

All he did was wave his f*cking finger.

Easy 6
10-04-2006, 02:04 PM
DV used to preach penalties all the time, but it didnt usually work. Whatever Herm is doing is really working. I like the guy more every day he's here.

DaFace
10-04-2006, 02:39 PM
Mitchell's was garbage. I just watched that play.

All he did was wave his f*cking finger.

Hali's facemask penalty was BS as well. Essentially, that means that our only two valid defensive penalties this year have been a couple offsides calls. That's pretty impressive.

CupidStunt
10-04-2006, 03:24 PM
Allen's offside was a very iffy judgement call, too.

IMO he was freaking close to timing it perfectly. Dwight Freeney never gets called for the exact same thing.

Hootie
10-04-2006, 03:44 PM
and Hali's offside call was iffy as well...he jumped off, then he got back and the ball was snapped, besides it was declined because Mitchell got a taunting penalty on the same play...

Rain Man
10-04-2006, 03:45 PM
Allen's offside was a very iffy judgement call, too.

IMO he was freaking close to timing it perfectly. Dwight Freeney never gets called for the exact same thing.

I was curious about that as well. He was definitely moving before the snap, but I wasn't convinced that he had crossed into the neutral zone yet because he was slightly off the line of scrimmage. He probably was, but it was still open to a little bit of debate.

Bob Dole
10-04-2006, 04:03 PM
Bob Dole was counting the imaginary facemask, the 12 men and the oh-so-offensive finger shake as the 3 that were bullshit.