Mr. Laz
10-05-2006, 02:21 PM
heh ........

LET'S SAY I BREAK INTO YOUR HOUSE

Let's say I break into your house. Let's say that when you discover me
in your house, you insist that I leave. But I say, "I've made all the beds
and washed the dishes and did the laundry and swept the floors; I've
done all the things you don't like to do. I'm hard-working and honest
(except for when I broke into your house).

According to the protesters, not only must you let me stay, you must
add me to your family's insurance plan, educate my kids, and provide
other benefits to me and to my family (my husband will do your yard work

because he too is hard-working and honest, except for that breaking in
part). If you try to call the police or force me out, I will call my
friends who will picket your house carrying signs that proclaim my
right to be there.

It's only fair, after all, because you have a nicer house than I do, and
I'm just trying to better myself. I'm hard-working and honest, um,
except for well, you know.

And what a deal it is for me!! I live in your house, contributing only a
fraction of the cost of my keep, and there is nothing you can do about
it without being accused of selfishness, prejudice and being
anti-housebreaker. Oh yes, and I want you to learn my language so you
can communicate with me

Only in America....

siberian khatru
10-05-2006, 02:22 PM
I love Robin Williams.

Warrior5
10-05-2006, 02:25 PM
Headed to DC in 3...2...1...

StcChief
10-05-2006, 02:25 PM
I got one of those guys,

he drinks all the beer and insists
on real mexican Beer Pacifico/Tecate

not that Gringo Corona.

sedated
10-05-2006, 02:27 PM
if I had a sign that said "Bring us your poor, your tired, your huddled masses" on my front door I might expect it

TinyEvel
10-05-2006, 02:30 PM
Do you play for the Bengals?

Donger
10-05-2006, 02:31 PM
if I had a sign that said "Bring us your poor, your tired, your huddled masses" on my front door I might expect it

Sure, but that you need to read the fine print on that sign. It says: "But would you at least sign the f*cking guest book on your way in?"

bogie
10-05-2006, 02:35 PM
I would ask you to leave, after you clean my house and mow my yard.

DaFace
10-05-2006, 02:37 PM
I love Robin Williams.

I do, too. However, he didn't write this if that's what you're insinuating.

siberian khatru
10-05-2006, 02:42 PM
I do, too. However, he didn't write this if that's what you're insinuating.

I'm insinuating that it reads like those well-traveled e-mails that are purported to be written by Robin Williams/George Carlin/Denis Leary etc.

JBucc
10-05-2006, 02:44 PM
Are you hot? You can stay if you're hot. And your husband can watch.

DaFace
10-05-2006, 02:45 PM
I'm insinuating that it reads like those well-traveled e-mails that are purported to be written by Robin Williams/George Carlin/Denis Leary etc.

Gotcha. And you're right. When I was trying to verify that I wasn't crazy, I found numerous listings of "The Plan" that was supposedly written by Williams.

bogie
10-05-2006, 02:46 PM
Are you hot? You can stay if you're hot. And your husband can watch.

Your husband can watch after he's mowed the lawn.

siberian khatru
10-05-2006, 02:48 PM
Gotcha. And you're right. When I was trying to verify that I wasn't crazy, I found numerous listings of "The Plan" that was supposedly written by Williams.

Not that it isn't a good read. I just remember several folks here (not Laz) who have posted those things and believed them to be authentic. So that post was a lame reference to that schtick.

Well, so much for any humor that may have resulted from this ... :)

Eleazar
10-05-2006, 02:50 PM

Andy Rooney, Paul Harvey, Ted Nugent, ...

JBucc
10-05-2006, 02:51 PM
Andy RooneyI could see him writing something like that. Who actually did write it? Do we know?

Gonzo
10-05-2006, 02:53 PM
Ok, not that I am for illegal immigration but here goes...

Let's say, your neighbor that you've known all your life is dirt poor. He has no money at all and is willing to work. This neighbor will take any job you've got. He'll clean sewers, work in meat-packing plants or do landscaping. Not only will he do these jobs but he would welcome the opportunity. However, he can't find work on his side of the street because everyone has the same problems. He looks over to the Laz household and it is gorgeous. Laz lives in a 9,000 square ft. house with a pool and plenty of space. Laz has more money than he knows what to do with. Are you just gonna shut him out???

JBucc
10-05-2006, 02:55 PM

Let's say, your neighbor that you've known all your life is dirt poor. He has no money at all and is willing to work. This neighbor will take any job you've got. He'll clean sewers, work in meat-packing plants or do landscaping. Not only will he do these jobs but he would welcome the opportunity. However, he can't find work on his side of the street because everyone has the same problems. He looks over to the Laz household and it is gorgeous. Laz lives in a 9,000 square ft. house with a pool and plenty of space. Laz has more money than he knows what to do with. Are you just gonna shut him out???yeah

Hound333
10-05-2006, 02:55 PM

Let's say, your neighbor that you've known all your life is dirt poor. He has no money at all and is willing to work. This neighbor will take any job you've got. He'll clean sewers, work in meat-packing plants or do landscaping. Not only will he do these jobs but he would welcome the opportunity. However, he can't find work on his side of the street because everyone has the same problems. He looks over to the Laz household and it is gorgeous. Laz lives in a 9,000 square ft. house with a pool and plenty of space. Laz has more money than he knows what to do with. Are you just gonna shut him out???

If he rolls up into my house without asking I would. If he rings the doorbell we can talk.

Donger
10-05-2006, 02:56 PM

Most banks have more money than I do. That doesn't give me the right to rob them, does it?

Bugeater
10-05-2006, 02:56 PM

I wouldn't expect Laz to let him move in with him.

Gonzo
10-05-2006, 02:57 PM
If he rolls up into my house without asking I would. If he rings the doorbell we can talk.

Fair enough, I personally would call the cops aned have his ass thrown across the street....Filthy fuggin swede. :D

The Dude Abides
10-05-2006, 02:58 PM
Ok, in that instance then, the poor neighbor is poor because he and his fellow poors are to lazy and or stupid to make something of himself the way Laz did. "Hey you are rich, I want to be also without having to do the hard work."

Al Bundy
10-05-2006, 02:59 PM
Your husband can watch after he's mowed the lawn.

Ehh it would take him a half hour to mow my lawn, it will all be over, including her chasing it with a diet coke.

bogie
10-05-2006, 02:59 PM

If he breaks in to my house, I'll not only shut him out, if he resists, I'll shoot him.

Gonzo
10-05-2006, 03:02 PM
Ok, in that instance then, the poor neighbor is poor because he and his fellow poors are to lazy and or stupid to make something of himself the way Laz did. "Hey you are rich, I want to be also without having to do the hard work."

Hmmmm I don't know about that. All of the immigrants I see work pretty damn hard doing jobs I sure as hell would'nt like.

This country was founded on Immigration. All of us are forigners. (Unless you are Native American)

I DO NOT agree with the way these people are entering the country but I can see why they do it. The first step to solve this problem is to understand it. I would say 85-90% of these fence-jumpers are honest hard-working people that just need to catch a break.

Donger
10-05-2006, 03:03 PM
Hmmmm I don't know about that. All of the immigrants I see work pretty damn hard doing jobs I sure as hell would'nt like.

This country was founded on Immigration. All of us are forigners. (Unless you are Native American)

I DO NOT agree with the way these people are entering the country but I can see why they do it. The first step to solve this problem is to understand it. I would say 85-90% of these fence-jumpers are honest hard-working people that just need to catch a break.

An 'honest criminal,' eh? Yeah, that's it.

Jilly
10-05-2006, 03:05 PM

:clap: nice job

Gonzo
10-05-2006, 03:07 PM
An 'honest criminal,' eh? Yeah, that's it.

OK, I will secede that point Donger. They are criminals, according to the laws of this country. However, change roles with them. You have a wife and child who are starving, there is opportunity a mile a way to raise your way of life, to put food on your table, to take a bath in clean water.

I was in Mexico three weeks ago and I can tell you, what a Shi* hole of a country. I don't blame them for leaving.

JBucc
10-05-2006, 03:08 PM
I agree with Gonzo. We need to nuke Mexico.

Donger
10-05-2006, 03:09 PM
OK, I will secede that point Donger. They are criminals, according to the laws of this country. However, change roles with them. You have a wife and child who are starving, there is opportunity a mile a way to raise your way of life, to put food on your table, to take a bath in clean water.

I was in Mexico three weeks ago and I can tell you, what a Shi* hole of a country. I don't blame them for leaving.

I don't blame them for leaving, either. I blame them for not immigrating legally. They can do it; they choose not to.

SBK
10-05-2006, 03:10 PM
The first step to solve this problem is to understand it.

That's not the way to stop any crime.

Gonzo
10-05-2006, 03:10 PM
I agree with Gonzo. We need to nuke Mexico.

:LOL: LMAO ROFL

Then what will we do for Tequila????????????

bogie
10-05-2006, 03:12 PM
I would say 85-90% of these fence-jumpers are honest hard-working people that just need to catch a break.

I'm sure you're right and that sucks for them. My boss (owns the company) grew up in a family that's been in TV for years. I am not at his level because he has had more breaks than me. I'm not going to rob him because I couldn't catch a break or because he's had more breaks.

The Dude Abides
10-05-2006, 03:17 PM
If they just demanded things change in Mexico they way they demand things here, problem solved. But history says that people below the Rio Grande are incapable of creating a decent self sufficient culture. Nuke 'em

DaFace
10-05-2006, 03:24 PM
I could see him writing something like that. Who actually did write it? Do we know?

When I was looking for the author online, I found several references that said it was an editorial written for a newspaper. However, none of them could say what paper it was or who wrote it. So, basically, we don't know, but it's no one famous.

Easy 6
10-05-2006, 03:34 PM
Everybody has to get in line and do it the right way, as unfortunate as that can be. I have seen 1st hand how squalid Mexico can be...truly, truly heartbreaking. I have also traveled much of the US and find many of those same conditions right here at home. The problem is that these immigrants make it possible for employers to screw Americans, white ones, brown ones, black ones etc. If they are willing to work for next to nothing, the companys are more than happy to oblige and deprive AMERICANS of a decent living wage. Americans would be happy to take most of those jobs for a LIVING WAGE, not 5.25 an hour. So the price of some goods go up......................SO WHAT!!! With a good wage Americans will have more to spend on expensive oranges or house siding. There is so much help that America needs right now, i cant give my life to Mexico. Also some of the pro-immigrant demonstrations are WAY out of line, saying "the southwest is Mexico's, whitey get out" and carrying Mexican flags ='s GOOD LUCK!!! I have not one problem with Mexicans, but its gettin' outta hand. Ive heard the same thing from many Americans of Mexican descent as well..........................PS- Sorry bout' no paragraphs, i intend to figure that out soon.

Jenson71
10-05-2006, 03:42 PM

Hell nawh, it's not like they just evolved from the North American dirt. They just got sick of Asia and invaded North America.

TrickyNicky
10-05-2006, 03:45 PM
Hell nawh, it's not like they just evolved from the North American dirt. They just got sick of Asia and invaded North America.
That reminds me of Eddie Izzards stand-up.

"Well, do you have a flag?"

jidar
10-05-2006, 04:48 PM
How about I meet you halfway and pay you $2 an hour for that then you can cram your 8 person family into a 1 bedroom apartment?

edit: Oh wait. I forgot the Alamo.
GTFO

BIG_DADDY
10-05-2006, 04:58 PM
heh ........

redbrian
10-05-2006, 05:19 PM

Since Laz has more money than he needs it means he can afford to pay a working wage that someone on his street will work for.

Not under the table slave labor wages, pulling down the wages of the people all ready working and living on his street.

Cntrygal
10-05-2006, 07:14 PM
heh ........

Because I was afraid for my life......

Let's just say I shoot you.

Of course, I'd be remorseful later.

:evil:

Easy 6
10-05-2006, 07:16 PM
How about I meet you halfway and pay you $2 an hour for that then you can cram your 8 person family into a 1 bedroom apartment?

edit: Oh wait. I forgot the Alamo.
GTFO
jidar your a real space-case, tell me what this post really means, i am not being a smart alice, just trying to figure out WTH you sayin' ????

ArrowheadHawk
10-05-2006, 07:17 PM
Because I was afraid for my life......

Let's just say I shoot you.

Of course, I'd be remorseful later.

:evil:
i think we have a winner

Adept Havelock
10-05-2006, 07:21 PM
That reminds me of Eddie Izzards stand-up.

"Well, do you have a flag?"

But I thought we were an autonomous collective?

Halfcan
10-05-2006, 07:59 PM
I would shoot you just for standing in my driveway.

Over-Head
10-05-2006, 08:07 PM
I’d look you straight in the eye and say....Brace yer self bit*h I’m coming in dry! :evil:

FAX
10-05-2006, 08:09 PM
I’d look you straight in the eye and say....Brace yes self bit*h I’m coming in dry! :evil:

LMAO

FAX

Vindicator
10-06-2006, 09:21 AM
[QUOTE=Laz]heh ........

Let's say I break into your house. Let's say that when you discover me
in your house, you insist that I leave. But I say, "I've made all the beds
and washed the dishes and did the laundry and swept the floors; I've
done all the things you don't like to do. I'm hard-working and honest
(except for when I broke into your house).
QUOTE]

Ah Crap, you mean my little brother is back in town?

Bwana
10-06-2006, 09:59 AM
"LET'S SAY I BREAK INTO YOUR HOUSE"

Unless you're bullet proof, that would not be a very good idea. :)

ZepSinger
10-06-2006, 11:39 AM

One thing the sign doesn't say- "and please don't bother learning English. I will bend over backward for you and learn your language, whatever that may be."

Z

Psyko Tek
10-06-2006, 12:56 PM
SOAP BOX TIME

NAFTA and outsourcing are gonna even the playing field
soon we can all live in a 3rd world country, too
'cept it's gonna be the USofA

now back to talking about titties, beer, and football

1ChiefsDan
10-06-2006, 02:49 PM
SOAP BOX TIME

now back to talking about titties, beer, and football