PDA

View Full Version : Why is Sammie Parker even on the roster?

wutamess
10-08-2006, 02:38 PM
Good GAWD he sucks.

JBucc
10-08-2006, 02:40 PM
Where's that Gardner guy? He has good hand right?

wutamess
10-08-2006, 02:41 PM
Was that the secret weapon?

We've pulled out the end of the playbook it seems.

MichaelH
10-08-2006, 02:53 PM
So he can make the rest of the misfits look good.

Phobia
10-08-2006, 02:54 PM
You'd think that somebody who pulls down $300k per year could do the ONE THING their job requires pretty consistently. I mean, Huard is putting the ball on the money, isn't he?

morphius
10-08-2006, 02:57 PM
We seem to still have receivers on the roster who seem to like to drop at least one easy pass a game

wutamess
10-08-2006, 03:07 PM
It's like Parker is a kid amongst men... Did anyone see him getting his ass handed to him on that TD pass to LJ?

Poor kid didn't have a chance.

Mecca
10-08-2006, 03:29 PM
He's on the team cause we have bad WR's......

PastorMikH
10-08-2006, 03:30 PM
As bad as Parker looks, he's still better than all but one of the rest of our WRs.

:banghead:

teedubya
10-08-2006, 03:31 PM
But youknowwhatimsayin but but... youknowwhatimsayin he is fast. youknowwhatimsayin

Otter
10-08-2006, 03:39 PM
When was he ever good or consistant?

ChiefsCountry
10-08-2006, 04:26 PM
Made a nice catch for a TD.

BTAU
10-08-2006, 04:28 PM
Made a nice catch for a TD.

maybe

ChiefFripp
10-08-2006, 04:30 PM
TD sloppy bitch!

LiL stumppy
10-08-2006, 04:34 PM
hes fast.and he just scored a TD

LiL stumppy
10-08-2006, 04:40 PM
hes to inconsistant

wutamess
It's official.
He SUCKS monkey dick!

Reaper16
And just ruined a drive.

ChiefFripp
10-08-2006, 04:41 PM
WTF! Quit dropping it dipshit!

MichaelH
10-08-2006, 04:41 PM
AND, according to KCFX, he just dropped a key first down. :shake:

wutamess
10-08-2006, 04:43 PM
Law has better hands than Parker.
Can he ply WR?

ChiefaRoo
10-08-2006, 05:10 PM
He's here because Lake Dawson retired.

Pitt Gorilla
10-08-2006, 07:15 PM
5 catches and a TD.

wutamess
10-08-2006, 07:20 PM
5 catches 1 TD
2 crucial drive stopping drops.
Failure to block Rolle on the LJ injury.

Liabilty to all players dressed in Red on the Offensive side of the ball.

He should be on the defensive side of the ball.
He'd give Bartee a run for his $.
Still sucks.

Frazod
10-08-2006, 07:27 PM
I was watching the game at HemiEd's, and we kept asking each other that question all day.

Time to bench this turd and move Webb up, IMO. And I'm sure Ed concurs.

morphius
10-08-2006, 07:37 PM
He's here because Lake Dawson retired.
And of course we have never made up for the loss of Sean LaChapelle.

dtebbe
10-08-2006, 07:45 PM
That TD catch was pretty damn nice. He just keeps dropping the big ones. And he can't block for shit. He should have cut Rolle before he ever got within 5 yards of LJ.

DT

DaKCMan AP
10-08-2006, 07:59 PM
Eddie Kennison also dropped an easy pass that would have been a first down. Why don't you start a thread about how much EK sucks?

Parker made a great grab for a TD that got us back into the game.

Eleazar
10-08-2006, 08:00 PM
He caught a nice TD, but I think that is a credit to Huard. The ball was put right on his hands. It wasn't some amazing pro-bowl catch, he caught a throw that was a complete bullseye.

The drops really hurt, and the missed block on Rolle hurt.

I can only imagine what people would be saying if Tynes' field goal had missed. He had two critical drops and failed to make a downfield block that would have given Larry Johnson a game winning touchdown, we'd be 1-3 and all but buried in the playoff race. I mean, Morton is a pariah around here and largely because of a drop in a playoff game.

Parker seems like one of those players who can make good plays at times but leaves his brain on the bench just as often.

Mecca
10-08-2006, 08:09 PM
Eddie Kennison also dropped an easy pass that would have been a first down. Why don't you start a thread about how much EK sucks?

Kennison has always had drop problems too.......we really need some new WR's.

morphius
10-08-2006, 08:10 PM
The block on Rolle doesn't bother me much as he blocked him well enough that Rolle had to grab a face mask to even have a hope of bringing down LJ. Sure I wish it was better, but that doesn't bother me a whole lot. That was also a GREAT TD grab, he was being held, got enough seperation to bring the ball in and was able to get both feet in.

The drops are killers though, you just can't keep giving up the ball on third down because of the drops. It is just short of turning the ball over, something his easy drops has also called this year.

I thought he finished the end of last year damn nicely, he was catching everything after he got back from his injury. It seems he has regressed, and I was hoping that great TD might build his confidence, but he turned around an dropped another one.

simply frustrating.

wutamess
10-08-2006, 08:16 PM

Although Kennison may have his moments, Parker is unproven and has had plenty of moments in the handful of games he's participated in. Much so that he's becoming a liabilty.

Remember Denver of last year (Dropping 2 td's that hit him in a bad spot... His hands).

Remember the 1 or 2 passes that hit him in the bad spot again this year only to be intercepted?

Every week it's something new with this guy and he never fails to dissapoint when I've been telling everyone here for 2 straight years that he's too little. His body is too little (hence his fumble problems). His hands are too little (Hence his fumble problems and dropped passes problem).

The guy really isn't a NFL WR. It's that simple.

Mecca
10-08-2006, 08:20 PM
Although Kennison may have his moments, Parker is unproven and has had plenty of moments in the handful of games he's participated in. Much so that he's becoming a liabilty.

Remember Denver of last year (Dropping 2 td's that hit him in a bad spot... His hands).

Remember the 1 or 2 passes that hit him in the bad spot again this year only to be intercepted?

Every week it's something new with this guy and he never fails to dissapoint when I've been telling everony on here for 2 straight years that he's too little. His body is too little (hence his fumble problems). His hands are too little (Hence his fumble problems and dropped passes problem).

He obviously isn't going to make any 1 handed catches like Boldin did...

morphius
10-08-2006, 08:20 PM

Every week it's something new with this guy and he never fails to dissapoint when I've been telling everyone here for 2 straight years that he's too little. His body is too little (hence his fumble problems). His hands are too little (Hence his fumble problems and dropped passes problem).

Santana Moss and Steve Smith are also too small as well...

...shame Parker doesn't compare with one of those two.

wutamess
10-08-2006, 08:24 PM
Santana Moss and Steve Smith are also too small as well...

...shame Parker doesn't compare with one of those two.

You're right but I'm willing to bet that they're bigger than Parker. Also, their hands are probably bigger. And they're probably stronger. No way in hell Parker gets in the same league as them EVER. His hand eye coordination is horrible and can't be taught in his dwindling career.

Actually another person he's more comparable too is Dante Hall. His body is too smal hence his fumbling problems also.

DaKCMan AP
10-08-2006, 08:29 PM
You're right but I'm willing to bet that they're bigger than Parker. Also, their hands are probably bigger. And they're probably stronger. No way in hell Parker gets in the same league as them EVER. His hand eye coordination is horrible and can't be taught in his dwindling career.

Actually another person he's more comparable too is Dante Hall. His body is too smal hence his fumbling problems also.

Steve Smith - 5'9" 185
Santana Moss - 5'10" 190
Samie Parker - 5'11" 190

Mecca
10-08-2006, 08:37 PM
Steve Smith - 5'9" 185
Santana Moss - 5'10" 190
Samie Parker - 5'11" 190

Parker is thinner than they are, he isn't near as well built, and it is very possible that he has smaller hands.

wutamess
10-08-2006, 08:39 PM
And you prove my point.
The taller you are the more you're supposed to weigh.
They're bigger than parker. (Not taller but bigger)

For instance... If SS was 5'11 he's probably be 195-200
Same with Moss.

Probably not worth mentioning "bigger" but you can tell they have more ball control then Parker.

Deberg_1990
10-08-2006, 08:43 PM
Probably not worth mentioning "bigger" but you can tell they have more ball control then Parker.

CBS had a good shot of Parker today and that awful style he has of catching with his arms. It reminds me of the Willie Davis style. Not very fluid at all.

Gardner had a couple of decent grabs today. Hopefully he gets some more playing time in the next few weeks. This team has desperately needed a clutch 3rd down WR for years.....We should have signed Keyshawn in the off-season.

DaKCMan AP
10-08-2006, 08:45 PM
And you prove my point.
The taller you are the more you're supposed to weigh.
They're bigger than parker. (Not taller but bigger)

For instance... If SS was 5'11 he's probably be 195-200
Same with Moss.

Marvin Harrison - 6'0" 185

Mecca
10-08-2006, 08:46 PM

He can actually catch the ball......

wutamess
10-08-2006, 08:47 PM

Great hand -eye coordination.
Prolly bigger hands being 6 feet & all.

Mecca
10-08-2006, 08:49 PM
I'd like to know why anyone would defend Parker anyway. We've truly been reduced to our WR's being so piss poor and pathetic that people will defend a guy who ****s up time and time again. I got a novel idea.....how about we get some new ones that can actually play.

wutamess
10-08-2006, 08:51 PM
I'd like to know why anyone would defend Parker anyway. We've truly been reduced to our WR's being so piss poor and pathetic that people will defend a guy who ****s up time and time again. I got a novel idea.....how about we get some new ones that can actually play.

Must be a distant relative. (or neighbor)

Chris Meck
10-08-2006, 08:58 PM
it's a concentration issue. It IS frustrating, but it CAN be overcome. Without those drops, he had a helluva day.

He's still a young player, I'm not ready to give up on him yet. I DID do my share of yelling at the TV today, though.

Just sayin'.

Deberg_1990
10-08-2006, 09:29 PM

He's still a young player, I'm not ready to give up on him yet.

Its his 3rd year. If he doesnt show much improvement this year, he doesnt need to be here anymore. I have a feeling hes the next Danan Hughes, Lake Dawson or Tim Barnett....DAMNIT CARL!!!

suds79
10-08-2006, 09:41 PM
it's a concentration issue. It IS frustrating, but it CAN be overcome. Without those drops, he had a helluva day.

He's still a young player, I'm not ready to give up on him yet. I DID do my share of yelling at the TV today, though.

Just sayin'.

I can understand how you want to give young players chances to grow but man if he isn't getting it done by his 3rd year, then how long do you wait?

Let's play the odds game. If Sammie Parker hasn't prooven to be a solid starting WR in year 3, what are the odds he'll all of a sudden turn it around in year 4 or 5. And if it takes until year 5 or 6, is it worth it waiting that long?

I say no.

Hootie
10-08-2006, 09:45 PM
I think if LJ would've kept running full speed, he would've beat Rolle to the endzone anyways...I could be wrong.

petegz28
10-08-2006, 09:50 PM
He drops too many damn passes. One absolutely killed a critical drive

Hammock Parties
10-08-2006, 09:54 PM

He has three drops in four games. I agree, that is too many.

petegz28
10-08-2006, 09:56 PM

I don't mind drops....but drops right in your hands...sorry you hav to do better than that ..especially in tight games on the road.

ChiefaRoo
10-08-2006, 10:04 PM
If he keeps doing then by the end of the year he'll be in trouble. Hopefully, he'll quit doing it as those drops are just concentration.

KcMizzou
10-08-2006, 10:08 PM
The drops are really frustrating. I've always liked Parker for some reason I can't really explain. He just looks like he should be really good out there...

I guess he wouldn't be the first receiver to look good running routes, and not have good enough hands.

Skip Towne
10-08-2006, 10:09 PM
hes fast.and he just scored a TD
Agreed. If he could catch the ball he would score lots of TD's.

CHENZ A!
10-08-2006, 10:14 PM
What can you do with him?

he is Angel Berroa in a Chiefs uniform......

Deberg_1990
10-08-2006, 10:17 PM
What can you do with him?

True, not much this year. We really dont have any better options.

Bald but Beautiful
10-08-2006, 10:24 PM
The worst thing about Samie Parker is that every time he does anything at all he needs to either showboat or talk shit to the opposing team, and he has never had a 1,000 yard season yet in his lustrous career. Samie, just one time, go back to the huddle quietly after a play and show some class, not your ass!!!

boogblaster
10-08-2006, 10:29 PM
hes got to step-up if we're going to make it to the POs..drops too many.. in his hands balls..

Frazod
10-08-2006, 10:31 PM
The worst thing about Samie Parker is that every time he does anything at all he needs to either showboat or talk shit to the opposing team, and he has never had a 1,000 yard season yet in his lustrous career. Samie, just one time, go back to the huddle quietly after a play and show some class, not your ass!!!

Yeah, that's all we need, another Snoop Minnis. :shake:

morphius
10-08-2006, 10:32 PM
I wish I could defend the guy, but not much you can say for him at this point. Though NFL network did say that Steve Smith dropped 3 passes today, and then there is TO who seems to have a serious catching the ball issue this year as well.

Demonpenz
10-08-2006, 10:33 PM
i didn't mind him run his mouth today. The boys in red seemed lathargic until the ty law pick

CHENZ A!
10-08-2006, 10:41 PM
Sammie=Berroa

Toad
10-08-2006, 11:02 PM
5 catches 1 TD
2 crucial drive stopping drops.
Failure to block Rolle on the LJ injury.

Liabilty to all players dressed in Red on the Offensive side of the ball.

He should be on the defensive side of the ball.
He'd give Bartee a run for his $.
Still sucks.

First off all, give him a break on the Rolle block. He did chip him twice. But, Rolle is a linebacker in a CB body. Any WR would have looked like a bitch against him.

Yes, the drops are hurting, but he did redeem himself with the TD.

If you are looking for a goat in today's game, see one Lenny Walls.

Chiefs_Fan_n_64081
10-08-2006, 11:50 PM
Johnson's fumbles and inability to get things going didn't help either.

Gaz
10-09-2006, 06:03 AM
Parker did a good job blocking for Johnson. Rolle was forced to commit a blatant foul in order to stop Johnson. Arfing on Parker for a “missed block” against Rolle is seriously misguided.

His inconsistency is troubling. He makes some nice catches and then drops one right in his hands. That speaks to a lack of concentration. Can that be coached? Theoretically, yes.

He has nice speed, which is always a good thing.

Every WR is going to drop a pass occasionally. If Parker has used up most of his quota for this season, then he will be an asset to the team.

Similarly, I hope that Johnson has used up his fumble quota for a while. Franky, his tendency to fumble is more troubling than Parker’s tendency to drop a pass.

xoxo~
Gaz
Counting on the WR Coach to get Parker’s head around the ball.

Reerun_KC
10-09-2006, 08:07 AM

And LJ fumbled twice, Absolutely killed 2 critical Drives, that lead to 10 points. Think Gawd Parkers drops didnt lead to 10 quick points.

Must be nice that everyone watches the games through rose colored glasses...

Mecca
10-09-2006, 08:08 AM
And LJ fumbled twice, Absolutely killed 2 critical Drives, that lead to 10 points. Think Gawd Parkers drops didnt lead to 10 quick points.

Must be nice that everyone watches the games through rose colored glasses...

Well LJ is going to get more of a pass because he's been a very productive player, Parker would get more of a pass if he had put up a 1500 yard year and made a pro bowl.

wutamess
10-09-2006, 08:11 AM

That can't be a true stat.
I seem to remember the Cinci game where one bounced off of his hands and he created a int for the Bengals. (Actually, I think he dropped 2 in this game.)

Yesterdays' game he dropped 2.

I ABSOLUTELY REFUSE to believe he hasn't dropped at least 2 more passes in the other 2 games.

wutamess
10-09-2006, 08:13 AM
This isn't an LJ thread... This is a Parker sucks thread. I'm not placing blame on just yesterday this is over his entire career.

I've always went off on a tangent when it comes to Parker. The guy just plain out sucks. Actually it really started in the opener @ Denver yesterday when he dropped those 2 TD passes that hit him in the face. That game showed me enough right there. There's no way another receiver makes those misses look as bad as Parker did.

I pray for the day I can eat my crow about him. I'm affraid I'll never get to do it. He and Troy Williamson are virtually the same person.

Tons of speed... No hands.

Reerun_KC
10-09-2006, 08:13 AM
Well LJ is going to get more of a pass because he's been a very productive player, Parker would get more of a pass if he had put up a 1500 yard year and made a pro bowl.

I think there is enough blame to go around. Singling out Parker is pretty lame. 2 drops were rough yeah. EK's drop just a bad. LJ's fumble's almost inexcuseable, regardless who you are.

Crap Priest's Fumble in the AFC Divisional game agianst the Colts, was 10 more damaging then these....

Even Harrison, Smith, and the Chief killer Rod Smith drops passes.

Yeah parker has a concentration problem, but to much talent just whine about.

He did have some very nice 3rd receptions yesterday that kept drives going. Dont hear much about those....

How about Surtan and Law getting beat alot yesterday that kept drives going for AZ? Or where they someone elses fault?

morphius
10-09-2006, 08:37 AM
That can't be a true stat.
I seem to remember the Cinci game where one bounced off of his hands and he created a int for the Bengals. (Actually, I think he dropped 2 in this game.)

Yesterdays' game he dropped 2.

I ABSOLUTELY REFUSE to believe he hasn't dropped at least 2 more passes in the other 2 games.
With yesterday I can think of 5, he has had two go high off his hands, one INT and one where we were lucky to not have anyone that deep, 2 yesterday and then one other easy drop.

Brock
10-09-2006, 08:42 AM
Parker's a fairly disappointing player. You have to make those catches if you're going to make it in the NFL.

I'm pretty happy with what I'm seeing from Gardner, however.

Fish
10-09-2006, 08:46 AM
I have defended Parker in the past.....

But I think it's time......

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media/players/jeff_webb.jpg

ck_IN
10-09-2006, 09:15 AM
<i>His inconsistency is troubling. He makes some nice catches and then drops one right in his hands. That speaks to a lack of concentration.</i>

Exactly. He reminds me of a Minnis with talent. Whereas Minnis had zero talent he would make the big highlight reel catch. Then he'd proceed to drop 3 or 4 routine balls.

Parker has some talent but he also makes the big highlight reel catch and then drops the routine ones. I hope it can be coached but I fear its just his M.O.

ChiefsCountry
10-09-2006, 09:20 AM
Basically we have Parker in the wrong situation. He is a deep threat WR to stretch the field with the deep ball. He has no problem running under the ball, but its the outs and slants he has problems with.

Reerun_KC
10-09-2006, 09:23 AM
Basically we have Parker in the wrong situation. He is a deep threat WR to stretch the field with the deep ball. He has no problem running under the ball, but its the outs and slants he has problems with.

Sounds like a coaching issue to me?

Skip Towne
10-09-2006, 09:30 AM
What do you call a WR who can't catch? ..........................a DB.

wutamess
10-09-2006, 09:34 AM
What do you call a WR who can't catch? ..........................a DB.

Glad to see you put down the peace pipe for a sec.
:stupid:

Skip Towne
10-09-2006, 09:38 AM
Glad to see you put down the peace pipe for a sec.
:stupid:
Huh? :shrug:

Kyle401
10-09-2006, 09:45 AM
Parker will probably get the rest of this season to prove himself unless he gets injured or has a completely awful game or 2. Right now he is making enough good plays to somewhat offset the drops and avoid getting pulled outright. Plus he seems to get pretty consistent separation.

Gardner will probably get a few more opportunities as he learns the offense and Webb may see a few more looks as well. If either shines, Parker could be displaced. If Parker continues at his current pace, I would imagine that he will be fighting for his position in training camp next season (but probably not his roster spot).

I don't remember much about Webb's hands in the preseason, but Kennison, Parker, Gardner (historically), and even Gonzo have a history of dropping key passes that they should catch. I think that is the reason that DV developed so much manlove for Chris Horn last year. He had the hands if not the rest of the package.

ChiefsFan4Life
10-09-2006, 09:50 AM
I hate Samie Parker so much

He is a Johnnie Morton clone - makes a good catch here and there and then drops the easy, critical ones

I wish we would get rid of him - he's garbage

Hoover
10-09-2006, 09:57 AM
I actually thought Gardner looked OK out there, and I think he is a better fit for Haurd's type of game. Parker's TD was a nice play.

I don't understand why TG isn't in the mix more. This is why I don't want to see him get another big payday from us. I love him, he's a great player, but we need to spend that money else where.

InChiefsHeaven
10-09-2006, 09:58 AM
He's fast, and shows flashes. I'm not ready to throw him under the bus yet, but he needs to get his head out of his ass and catch the damn ball consistently.

But, hey, how many did Kennison drop yesterday?

InChiefsHeaven
10-09-2006, 09:59 AM
I actually thought Gardner looked OK out there, and I think he is a better fit for Haurd's type of game. Parker's TD was a nice play.

I don't understand why TG isn't in the mix more. This is why I don't want to see him get another big payday from us. I love him, he's a great player, but we need to spend that money else where.

A friend of mine was saying that Herm is a TE killer. He doesn't think we will see much of Gonzo under Herm.

I'm just hoping he's wrong, but so far... :shake:

Iowanian
10-09-2006, 10:01 AM
TG isn't in the mix more because he's stuck inside blocking and chipping the DEs and Blitzing LBs our pathetic OTs can't handle.

If Herm doesn't really believe in using TEs as a threat in the passing game.....move 88 for some draft picks to help rebuild this mess that is impending. Use one of those picks on Scott Chandler.

RealSNR
10-09-2006, 10:22 AM
Look on the bright side, guys...

Our #2 could be Larry Parker

TRR
10-09-2006, 10:46 AM
TG isn't in the mix more because he's stuck inside blocking and chipping the DEs and Blitzing LBs our pathetic OTs can't handle.

If Herm doesn't really believe in using TEs as a threat in the passing game.....move 88 for some draft picks to help rebuild this mess that is impending. Use one of those picks on Scott Chandler.

I am a big Iowa fan, but I don't want Scott Chandler. He's a big target, but doesn't block well, and drops some sure completions. He also has put the ball on the turf in critical situations.

Coach
10-09-2006, 11:06 AM
While Parker got some issues, the bigger question is, "Why is Dee Brown on this roster?"

Dumbshit nearly costed us the game with his fumbles at the 3 or so.

wutamess
12-31-2006, 12:31 PM
Bump. The trend continues...

milkman
12-31-2006, 12:36 PM
Geez.
One would think you have an obssession.

Deberg_1990
12-31-2006, 12:37 PM
Geez.

Hes just frustrated like the rest of us. Parker is the Greg Wesly of the offense. Way too inconsistant to ever become truly great.

wutamess
12-31-2006, 12:39 PM
Geez.

Actually, I do... I think he's the worst Chiefs WR to ever put on a Chiefs uniform. He's the Bartee of the WR corps.

milkman
12-31-2006, 12:39 PM
Hes just frustrated like the rest of us. Parker is the Greg Wesly of the offense. Way too inconsistant to ever become truly great.

I was making a joke because he created a thread, and bumped two others that he had already created about the same subject.

Mecca
12-31-2006, 12:40 PM
Actually, I do... I think he's the worst Chiefs WR to ever put on a Chiefs uniform. He's the Bartee of the WR corps.

That means the guys behind him are even worse because they can't beat him out.....

wutamess
12-31-2006, 12:41 PM
That means the guys behind him are even worse because they can't beat him out.....

Well we'll never know if they've never been given a chance.

Thig Lyfe
12-31-2006, 12:42 PM
I let him go in FA and signed TO in Madden. So that was weird.

Deberg_1990
12-31-2006, 12:43 PM

I dont believe that at all. How do you know what they can do during real live game action if they are never even given a chance?

I dont think Webb is the next Jerry Rice or anything, but at the least he might be able to be a little more consistant catching the football.

wutamess
02-27-2007, 02:52 PM
Bump by request.

FDS
02-28-2007, 02:24 AM
TOUCH DOWN KANSAS CITY! SAMIE PARKER

PBJ FirstDownSamie PBJ

wutamess
08-13-2007, 09:25 AM
NOW everyone wants to bitch when I've been saying it all along.

Frazod
08-13-2007, 09:28 AM
I've hated this idiot from way back as well. The second coming of Snoop Minnis. F#cker couldn't catch a cold. 4321

morphius
08-13-2007, 09:39 AM
I've hated this idiot from way back as well. The second coming of Snoop Minnis. F#cker couldn't catch a cold. 4321
Not really, Parker can run the right route, he is just a fast guy that "plays slow" and can't hold onto the ball.

Snoop was brain damaged and could never run the right route.