PDA

View Full Version : This is why herm bothers me as our coach

Lbedrock1
10-08-2006, 05:09 PM
I love defensive minded coaches, but win or lose this is why Marty was not able to take us over the top. Why not stay agressive on Offense and at least try and sneak a TD pass in while they were playing the run. Put pressure on them to score a TD to tie. Now all they have to do is kick a field goal.

|Zach|
10-08-2006, 05:18 PM
We tried this. It got us one playoff appearance.

kcxiv
10-08-2006, 05:21 PM
Quoted for truth.

dj56dt58
10-08-2006, 05:21 PM
yeah because we had 0 talent on defense. We ran a lot under DV but we passed enough to get the D off balance. W/ herm its run run and run some more, throw a screen, run......We need to take some shots downfield. Not every play..not every series..but we need to take some.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-08-2006, 05:24 PM
Ok, I wanted us to score a TD, but Dee Brown proved why he should be a 9th String running back there. The only issue I have is why we didn't try a naked boot with Huard and just have him lay down/hook slide if it wasn't there. It would have been a nice fake play on 1st down, but oh well.

The important thing is that we won, we won when our best player played the worst game of his career, nearly got killed, our O-Line sucked, and our receivers couldn't have caught chlamydia from a 2-yen whore in the slums of Shaolin (sorry I don't know what the Chinese currency is called).

Baby Lee
10-08-2006, 05:25 PM
OK, who's passing out the crack?
How many dropped passes were there?
There was nothing wrong with the game plan. Everything that went wrong was execution. And everything that went right, ending in victory was adjustments.
We won a game where we started out down 14 on the road, and were down in the turnover category. Anyone have the stats on this. Probably something like a .005 winning percentage.

cdcox
10-08-2006, 05:25 PM
I'm as big of critic of Herm and Hermyball as anyone, but I'm not going to bitch him out after a win.

Rausch
10-08-2006, 05:26 PM
Our offensive line played like $3it. Period.

IF we don't get at least 3 at that point we lose. Game over...

JohnnyV13
10-08-2006, 05:27 PM
Hamas' idea was a very good one.

I am not, though, very unhappy with the call. In general i was pleased with Herm's decision-making. He didn't sit on his hands in fear.

In this situation, going up by three, forcing the cards to burn their time outs and putting the game into a rookie QB's hands with less than 1:30 to go was a reasonable strategy.

Leinart didn't fold and the strategy didn't work. But it was a reasonable call to put a guy in his first start in this situation.

JohnnyV13
10-08-2006, 05:28 PM
There was nothing wrong with the game plan. Everything that went wrong was execution. And everything that went right, ending in victory was adjustments.
We won a game where we started out down 14 on the road, and were down in the turnover category. Anyone have the stats on this. Probably something like a .005 winning percentage.

Gretz wrote about it this week. Down by one Turn over on the road, the visiting team has around a .10 chance to win.

Baby Lee
10-08-2006, 05:30 PM
Gretz wrote about it this week. Down by one Turn over on the road, the visiting team has around a .10 chance to win.
Yeah, but my point was down on TOs AND down by 14 is probably considerably less.

JohnnyV13
10-08-2006, 05:30 PM
of course, I suspect Herm might not want to put his last experienced QB out on the edge in a naked boot, leaving Brodie Croyle to start

JohnnyV13
10-08-2006, 05:31 PM
Yeah, but my point was down on TOs AND down by 14 is probably considerably less.

Good point.

FAX
10-08-2006, 05:32 PM
I have to admit that the three runs up the gut by Dee at the end was a little frustrating for me.

Of course, if he had scored, I would be saying it was a great call.

FAX

Lbedrock1
10-08-2006, 05:49 PM
There was nothing wrong with the overall game plan but had they made that field goal and won in over time we would be singing a different tune. All Im saying is be agressive on D as well as on Offense that is what will win championships. Take the Patriots for an example, they play agressive Offense and good aggressive D and they won how many SB's. We have to go for the juggler whenevr we get the chance.

58-4ever
10-08-2006, 05:54 PM
I liked the running plays at the end of the game. You have to realize the situation. Arizona had one timeout and a run forced them to use it. It resulted in Arizona taking a relatively high risk field goal at the end.

the only problem I had was that it was with Dee Brown. McKenzie Smith or Derrick Ross may not have scored, but they probably wouldn't have fumbled either.

Deberg_1990
10-08-2006, 05:54 PM
There was nothing wrong with the game plan. Everything that went wrong was execution.

Agreed. the lack of execution quite frankly pisses me off. Fumbling and turning the ball over deep in your own territory is unacceptable. The drops on critical 3rd down conversions?? WTF??? The horrendous blocking of the OT's. Until this team learns to execute better, we will never win a SB. I had no problem with coaching today.

Baby Lee
10-08-2006, 05:55 PM
We have to go for the juggler whenevr we get the chance.
ROFL ROFL - Get him!!!

http://www.lindagriffith.com/juggler.jpg

Alphaman
10-08-2006, 05:55 PM
I would have liked to have seen them run Brown wide and use his speed, however I agree with three straight runs. We got the ball with about 2 minutes left. We had to make them burn their timeouts.

FAX
10-08-2006, 05:56 PM
I think somebody's already gotten to that juggler.

FAX

Lzen
10-08-2006, 06:01 PM
Strategy by Herm was correct. I guess all these Herm haters have forgotten the Dallas game last year.

Lbedrock1
10-08-2006, 06:17 PM
Strategy by Herm was correct. I guess all these Herm haters have forgotten the Dallas game last year.
I don't hate Herm I just want him to get the D to play and not be so conservative on O. Imagine the way this D plays with the way our O a year ago we would be winning 54 14 in the third quarter, now what is wrong with that?

Baby Lee
10-08-2006, 06:22 PM
I don't hate Herm I just want him to get the D to play and not be so conservative on O. Imagine the way this D plays with the way our O a year ago we would be winning 54 14 in the third quarter, now what is wrong with that?
Sorry Herm can't bend the space time continuum and put Richardson, Weigmann, Holmes, Green and Roaf on the field this week.

Lonewolf Ed
10-08-2006, 06:23 PM
I think somebody's already gotten to that juggler.

FAX

If you strike a juggler hard enough in the jugular, he will never juggle again.

FAX
10-08-2006, 06:25 PM
To heck with all this Herm talk.

What I want to know is how many jugs could a juggler juggle if a juggler could juggle jugs?

FAX

JohnnyV13
10-08-2006, 06:27 PM

On second thought, I'm not so sure that being down a turnover is really accurate. Sure we were, on paper. But, we blocked that punt to put us at the Cards' six. That's not technically a turnover, but it has the same effect.

The impact of our blocked punt and Law's int, counter-acted LJ's fumbles.

Baby Lee
10-08-2006, 06:30 PM

What I want to know is how many jugs could a juggler juggle if a juggler could juggle jugs?

FAX
It depends if your juggler is a closet turd smuggler
then juggling jugs loses out to cock chugs.

Direckshun
10-08-2006, 06:39 PM
We have to go for the juggler whenevr we get the chance.
I'm quoting this because it just might be the most hysterical typo I've ever read.

htismaqe
10-08-2006, 06:59 PM
Agreed. the lack of execution quite frankly pisses me off. Fumbling and turning the ball over deep in your own territory is unacceptable. The drops on critical 3rd down conversions?? WTF??? The horrendous blocking of the OT's. Until this team learns to execute better, we will never win a SB. I had no problem with coaching today.

Yep.

Hammock Parties
10-08-2006, 07:01 PM
There was nothing wrong with our last possession.

Three runs and you should be able to get it into the endzone. There was no reason to throw a pass with so little time left.

Dee Brown should be cut.

milkman
10-08-2006, 07:11 PM

FAX

Depends on how many women are around him.

milkman
10-08-2006, 07:13 PM
There was nothing wrong with our last possession.

Three runs and you should be able to get it into the endzone. There was no reason to throw a pass with so little time left.

Dee Brown should be cut.

You addressed the very reason that there was something wrong with our last possesion.

You have a scrub that's bounced around for 4 years and done exactly jack in the league against a defnse that has stuffed LJ all day, and you hand him the freakin' ball?

Lzen
10-08-2006, 07:15 PM
You addressed the very reason that there was something wrong with our last possesion.

You have a scrub that's bounced around for 4 years and done exactly jack in the league against a defnse that has stuffed LJ all day, and you hand him the freakin' ball?

They should've kept McKenzie Smith. Much better as a power runner, IMO.

htismaqe
10-08-2006, 07:23 PM

Um, you realize that by not handing Brown the ball, you're advocating putting the ball in the air with a QB that's BOUNCED AROUND THE LEAGUE for TEN years and done exactly JACK in the league?

Lzen
10-08-2006, 07:38 PM
Um, you realize that by not handing Brown the ball, you're advocating putting the ball in the air with a QB that's BOUNCED AROUND THE LEAGUE for TEN years and done exactly JACK in the league?

Also risk stopping the clock and giving the Cards more time to score.