PDA

View Full Version : We won: That's all that matters

the Talking Can
10-08-2006, 05:20 PM
a win on the road

yes, LJ gave them 10 points and yes our OL has problems and yes Solari is predictable and yes we had another near death injury to a star player and yes we gave them a last second FG attempt and yes our WRs suck and yes Huard is playing above his level...BUT

our defense is proving itself for real...minus LJ, the Cardinals didn't do much after the first drive

a win is a win is a win

believe it...we bought ourselves another week for Trent

JBucc
10-08-2006, 05:21 PM
We played bad, on the road, against a desperate team, and won. It was fugly as they come but I'll take it.

the Talking Can
10-08-2006, 05:24 PM
and Ty Law earned his salary today...that's why you sign playmakers

teedubya
10-08-2006, 05:24 PM
they were in it with Leinart. The crowd was pumped, their O was pumped, their D was pumped. It was a hostile environment.

We didnt deserve to win.

But... we didnt deserve a Loss in Denver, so its all good.

Crazy ****ing game. i was so pissed at times, and so jubilant at times. Great shit.

58-4ever
10-08-2006, 05:25 PM
And Rackers always makes that field goal. Finally the football gods are showing us some love.

mac58
10-08-2006, 05:27 PM
i agree a win is a win andf im happy as fluck

Fishpicker
10-08-2006, 05:27 PM
they were in it with Leinart. The crowd was pumped, their O was pumped, their D was pumped. It was a hostile environment.

We didnt deserve to win.

Crazy ****ing game. i was so pissed at times, and so jubilant at times. Great shit.

we deserved to win because we made all those factors count for jack-squat.

Ty made his presence felt out there. great job by the entire D in the second half, Bell included.

Rausch
10-08-2006, 05:29 PM
We played bad, on the road, against a desperate team, and won. It was fugly as they come but I'll take it.

Ugly wins handed the Steelers a super bowl last year.

I'll take all of them we can get...

58-4ever
10-08-2006, 05:29 PM
we deserved to win because we made all those factors count for jack-squat.

Ty made his presence felt out there. great job by the entire D in the second half, Bell included.

That sack by Bell was the play of the game. (Next to the Law interception and the LJ screen.)

DonJaun
10-08-2006, 05:31 PM
We had to have that game without a doubt! I was screeming my head off the hole game

KCinNY
10-08-2006, 05:31 PM

Yeah...his sack was perhaps the biggest play he's made as a Chief.

JBucc
10-08-2006, 05:32 PM
Ugly wins handed the Steelers a super bowl last year.

I'll take all of them we can get...
Yeah! We're going to the Super Bowl!

the Talking Can
10-08-2006, 05:32 PM
I can't believe how fast our D turned around.

They made huge plays all second half...the stuff on 3rd and 1, the INT....they are a solid and opportunistic defense....and Hali was a GREAT draft pick...oh how I wish we had Roaf and Trent...

Garcia Bronco
10-08-2006, 05:33 PM
The W is all that ever matters....style points are for morons

Rausch
10-08-2006, 05:36 PM
I can't believe how fast our D turned around.

They made huge plays all second half...the stuff on 3rd and 1, the INT....they are a solid and opportunistic defense....and Hali was a GREAT draft pick...oh how I wish we had Roaf and Trent...

Herm deserves no credit for this, yet all the credit for the offense falling apart.

Funny, eh?...

Dave Lane
10-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Yeah...his sack was the first play he's made as a Chief.

Here I corrected your post for you...

Dave

Psyko Tek
10-08-2006, 05:38 PM
the d didn't break and that was excellent, the d made adjustments, and why do I keep seeing "prevent" at the end of games,
we didn't win some much as they lost

the Talking Can
10-08-2006, 05:39 PM
Herm deserves no credit for this, yet all the credit for the offense falling apart.

Funny, eh?...

not any funnier than people blaming AS for us not making the playoffs year after year...

we had talent on offense then...now we have talent on defense....never the twain shall meet

leviw
10-08-2006, 05:39 PM
That sack by Bell was the play of the game. (Next to the Law interception and the LJ screen.)

Don't forget Dunn falling on Dee Brown's fumble on the play before the game-winning FG.

Garcia Bronco
10-08-2006, 05:40 PM

Funny, eh?...

I don't think you really blame anybody for your offensive struggles.....let's add it up

You lost..

Your OC
Head Coach
Preist Holmes
TRich
Welbourne
Roaf
Trent Green

That's 4 1/2 starters, Holmes being the half, and your decision makers on offense. Of course things were going to go to herm...I thought it would take longer

wolfpack0735
10-08-2006, 05:41 PM
this true big time but Hermie has just screwed,no f#cked up this offense. if it dosent get any better we will lose.

tk13
10-08-2006, 05:41 PM
It doesn't look pretty but 2-2 looks good after the way this season started. Being 1-3 and having to go into Pittsburgh next week would've been brutal. Now despite everything we have a chance to flip the season around next week. Uphill task, but we've got a shot I guess.

KCwolf
10-08-2006, 05:42 PM
78 yd LJ pass play was the diifference....OMG on the road down 14-0 and down by 10 in the 4th ---- the D showed some character - something to build onl.

Lzen
10-08-2006, 05:43 PM

Wow, a post by a Donkey fan that actually makes good sense. Not something idiotic for a change. Nice job. :thumb:

beer bacon

We didnt deserve to win.

I disagree. No way Rolle would have had tackled LJ without ripping his head off. He would have scored a TD, and the game would have been over.

milkman
this true big time but Hermie has just screwed,no f#cked up this offense. if it dosent get any better we will lose.

If you weren't such a dumbass, I'd explain why you are wrong.

But what would be the point?

leviw
10-08-2006, 05:44 PM

How many playoff games did we win with "this offense"?

It's by no means prolific, but it's good enough to win games, especially with the way this defense is playing and the personell they're playing with (Huard, Black, etc.).

Lzen
10-08-2006, 05:47 PM
I disagree. No way Rolle would have had tackled LJ without ripping his head off. He would have scored a TD, and the game would have been over.

No kidding. They should've just given the Chiefs the TD anyways for that BS play.

BTW, good thread, Talking Can.

Lzen
10-08-2006, 05:49 PM

How is Herm responsible for the loss of our starting offensive tackles and starting QB? If DV and Saunders were still here, they wouldn't have any more success after those losses. Not only that, but the defense would still suck and we would've gotten thumped by the Cards.

Rausch
10-08-2006, 05:50 PM
If DV and Saunders were still here Roaf, Priest, and Welbourn would all still be gone. Period.

That said, Green would also likely be gone because our tackles being gone are what got him killed.

This offense wasn't going to be great no matter who ran it when you look at this offensive line.