PDA

View Full Version : Matt Leinart: 17-29 for 173 yards - 0 TDs - 1 INT - 61.4 Passer Rating...

RINGLEADER
10-08-2006, 05:25 PM
...in the last three quarters of the game. I don't know what was wrong with the Chiefs in the first quarter and I already know I'm going to be nausous with all the Leinart brown-nosing I'm going to hear about all night, but the dude really did nothing after the first quarter when he went 5-6 for 80 yards and 2 TDs with a perfect passer rating of 158.3.

siberian khatru
10-08-2006, 05:29 PM
My Microsoft calculator says 17 for 29 does not equal 70 percent per Peter King.

leviw
10-08-2006, 05:31 PM
We got caught with our pants down on the blitz on the first possession. He beat us there. We were forced to get right back on the field after the fumble and work with the short field on the second. Tough spot to be in.

We shut their shit down after that.

RINGLEADER
10-08-2006, 05:43 PM
My Microsoft calculator says 17 for 29 does not equal 70 percent per Peter King.

His full game stats are 22 of 35 (that's a completion percentage of 62.9% Mr. King ;) ) for 253, 2 TDs, 1 INT, and a passer rating of 91.7.

Deberg_1990
10-08-2006, 05:45 PM
The kid is going to be good. No doubt about it.

ChiefsfaninPA
10-08-2006, 05:45 PM
We got caught with our pants down on the blitz on the first possession. He beat us there. We were forced to get right back on the field after the fumble and work with the short field on the second. Tough spot to be in.

We shut their shit down after that.

That is it in a nutshell, Gun was trying to kill that clown on the first possesion and he beat us deep. After that we did shut him down. Besides that pick he did looked pretty poised for a rookie.

RINGLEADER
10-08-2006, 05:46 PM
That is it in a nutshell, Gun was trying to kill that clown on the first possesion and he beat us deep. After that we did shut him down. Besides that pick he did looked pretty poised for a rookie.

Well he was playing the Chiefs defense after all... ;)

JohnnyV13
10-08-2006, 05:49 PM
Leinart is going to be good. Really good. I think the Titan's F'd up taking Vince Young.

I mean, a rookie QB getting his team in FG position to tie with no time outs, less than 1:30 and starting from the 9 is damned good for a guy in his first career start. Especially if you consider he made a huge blunder that let the Chiefs tie the game. A lot of guys would have gone into the mental tank <cough, Elvis Grbac, cough>

donkhater
10-08-2006, 06:13 PM
The only knock I heard on him coming out was his arm strength. It isn't Young or Cutler, but it is plenty good enough. He's a pretty cool customer and with some better pass blocking you can see the accuracy will be there.

Deberg_1990
10-08-2006, 06:15 PM
Leinart is going to be good. Really good. I think the Titan's F'd up taking Vince Young.

I mean, a rookie QB getting his team in FG position to tie with no time outs, less than 1:30 and starting from the 9 is damned good for a guy in his first career start. Especially if you consider he made a huge blunder that let the Chiefs tie the game. A lot of guys would have gone into the mental tank <cough, Elvis Grbac, cough>

Agreed. I was highly impressed. Wish he was wearing Chiefs Red.

noa
10-08-2006, 06:16 PM
I missed the first TD. Why was Lenny Walls covering Boldin in the first place?

Direckshun
10-08-2006, 06:19 PM
I don't know what QB was sabotaged by his WRs more, Huard or Leinart.

Huard had three great passes bounds off his teammate's numbers. Leinart should have got a 50 yard touchdown toss.

ChiefsFanatic
10-08-2006, 06:19 PM
I missed the first TD. Why was Lenny Walls covering Boldin in the first place?

I am not sure if Knight was supposed to be deep on that play, but when the ball is in the air, Knight was jogging behind the play.