PDA

View Full Version : Nice gesture by the Cards' fans

BigRock
10-08-2006, 05:42 PM
It was probably mentioned in another thread already (or 4 or 5), but I thought it was pretty classy that the Arizona fans chanted for LJ while he was down. It's one thing to cheer when a guy gets up, but I can't remember the last time I heard an opposing team's crowd break into 2 or 3 chants of a player's name like that. Especially when the guy just burned their team for 80 yards on the play that probably lost the game for them.

A very nice display, I thought. A tip of the hat to Cards' fans.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-08-2006, 05:43 PM
A lot of that had to due with the fact that there were more Chiefs fans there than Cards fans.

Deberg_1990
10-08-2006, 05:44 PM
You have to remember that there are only about 3 Cards fans left in existance.

Bwana
10-08-2006, 08:59 PM
A lot of that had to due with the fact that there were more Chiefs fans there than Cards fans.

Bingo

Megbert
10-08-2006, 09:09 PM
i was there in a section that was 90% chiefs fans and our section was the one that started the chant of LARRY-LARRY!!

Just rewatched the game on Tivo and heard the chant. I really thought LJ was going to be carted off after that play. Good to see he walked off the field.

morphius
10-08-2006, 09:17 PM
i was there in a section that was 90% chiefs fans and our section was the one that started the chant of LARRY-LARRY!!

Just rewatched the game on Tivo and heard the chant. I really thought LJ was going to be carted off after that play. Good to see he walked off the field.
I had wondered about that, LOL!

petegz28
10-08-2006, 09:35 PM
I was there and the whole place was chanting Larry, Larry, Larry...even the Cards fans that were heckling me. It was very classy of them

Hootie
10-08-2006, 09:39 PM
I agree. If any Card fan was involved in the chant, that is awesome. Very very classy.

petegz28
10-08-2006, 09:54 PM
I agree. If any Card fan was involved in the chant, that is awesome. Very very classy.

Everyone I saw that was a Card fan was chanting for LJ...even after the game people were telling me they were glad to see him walk off on his own power

CHENZ A!
10-08-2006, 10:03 PM
Can Larry go back to killing people? Please? the only way to stop granmama is to shoot him.

KcMizzou
10-08-2006, 10:04 PM
Can Larry go back to killing people? Please? the only way to stop granmama is to shoot him.Or twist his head off.

Logical
10-08-2006, 10:10 PM
Can Larry go back to killing people? Please? the only way to stop granmama is to shoot him.

Putting 8 men in the box was pretty effective overall. Give him credit for breaking the big gains on two pass plays.

CHENZ A!
10-08-2006, 10:22 PM
Putting 8 men in the box was pretty effective overall. Give him credit for breaking the big gains on two pass plays.

Actually, I loved Solari's game plan, except he should have ran it on 3rd and 2.

Hootie
10-08-2006, 10:24 PM
Actually, I loved Solari's game plan, except he should have ran it on 3rd and 2.
yeah, that was pissing me off...

and he needed to stop running it every first down in the second half...it was predictable and it wasn't working.

Shit, if they aren't going to stop our passing game, let's pass it until they MAKE us run it. For real. I don't understand how Huard passes the ball 40 times and Larry still doesn't get any lanes. I understand Black and Sampson are beyond bad but god damn...

dtebbe
10-08-2006, 10:58 PM
yeah, that was pissing me off...

and he needed to stop running it every first down in the second half...it was predictable and it wasn't working.

That shit was driving me crazy. We were running it on first down every time, then would always end up 3rd and long. So basically the Cards only had to guess what we were going to do on 2nd down, because 1st down was run and 3rd was pass.

DT

Archie F. Swin
10-08-2006, 11:01 PM
They were seeing what it was like to be an NFL football fan

Bob Dole
10-09-2006, 08:57 AM
Bob Dole was watching the game in a sports bar in Louisiana (with one other KC fan) and the place erupted in cheers when LJ stood up.

Though it may have been because they figured that meant they wouldn't have to listen to Bob Dole scream "SHIT" and "****" any more.

DJJasonp
10-09-2006, 09:12 AM
I was there as well....and I'd estimate that 40% of the fans in attendance were chiefs fans...

I'll go even further by saying that the Cardinals fans that were there....were the tamest fans in the league....I didnt get booed or heckled or anything....Chiefs fans pretty much had free reign to do whatever they wanted to.....altough I did see a chiefs fan in his 20's get carted off by the cops in the club section for poppin' a guy....Endelt??? Anyway...I think he made a run for it down the stairs....so if that was any of the planet's population....nice work....hopefully you didnt make it onto an episode of cops.

ArrowheadHawk
10-09-2006, 09:45 AM
the cards definatly aren't the raiders

runnercyclist
10-09-2006, 10:14 AM

Nope. Not true. In years past-absolutely.

This year we were outnumbered easily 20-1.

And all the fans that were taunting me throughout the whole game were chanting "larry, larry" and expressing their thoughts and prayers.

I WAS AMAZED! It was one of the coolest things I'd ever seen at a football game.

Hats off to the Cardinals fans. I'll be pulling for them in the future (when they are not playing the Chiefs, of course.

ferrarispider95
10-09-2006, 10:16 AM
Also cards players seemed genuinely concerned about LJ

DaFace
10-09-2006, 10:17 AM
Also cards players seemed genuinely concerned about LJ

Quite a change from the Bengals players that were celebrating after the Geathers hit. :shake: