PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts and Concerns

kaplin42
10-08-2006, 06:07 PM
Coaching - WTF? 16 Carries for LJ all game. I don't care if we are down by 14 in the middle of the 1st quarter. It's still the 1st quarter with a lot of game left. Why were we not running the damn the ball? The Cardinals D was still fresh in the 4th, why, because we didn't run the ball at all. If we would have, the game would not have been nearly as close. So much for Herms "we will run the ball more" speech.

Recievers- If that ball comes anywhere near you, you have to catch it, period. This is not an option. If you can't catch the ball get the F@ck off the field.

Damon Huard - Another good game for the back up. I don't think he should replace Trent by any means, but he has proven himself servicable. One thing though, throw the ball over the D line, not at them.

Defense - Besides being burnt in the 1st quarter They held pretty good through out the rest of the game. They made me especially nervous on the last drive of the game, but I am willing to chalk that up to the play calling too. One thing I did notice was that Allen looked beat on that last drive as was not getting any push what so ever. If Fitzgerald hadn't gone out, I wonder how differant this game would have been.

LJ - Great screen pass at the end of the game, hell of an effort. Notes for this next week. Watch the movie "The Program", pay special attention to the part Omar Epps has to hold onto the football. Get the jitters out already, you can't be fumbling every game like you have been.

M. Leinart - The kid has potential, lot's of potential. Barring some rookie mistakes, he played pretty damn well, and I think it will be exciting to watch his career moving on from here.

Vs. The Steelers - If LJ is out next week, then we are totally screwed. Relying on D. Brown could doom us. It's gonna be hard enough with our O-line as it is, but to be without LJ will mean the D will just be able to pass rush all day long.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-08-2006, 06:12 PM
Did you want to lose?? What were we going to do? Huard threw less than 40 passes. We couldn't block for LJ today, and when we gave him the ball, he had nothing to work with.

We would have never been in position to win today had we tried to get Larry 25 carries...we would have just ended up w/ a bunch of 3 and outs. We were down 14 in a heartbeat...sometimes you need to make adjustments. We did, and we won. Be happy.

noa
10-08-2006, 06:15 PM
16 carries is inexcusable. I don't care if they are expecting the run and have 10 guys in the box. And enough with the stretch plays. We have a tough RB, not a finesse guy. Just run the ball up the middle and let LJ gain the tough yards. I know we were down early and felt like we had to come back, but our chances are better if we can get our gameplan on track, not if we abandon it.

kaplin42
10-08-2006, 06:16 PM
I beg to differ, panicking in the 1st quarter is not making adjustments. I'm happy we won, but we should have given LJ more carries. Remember last weeks game. LJ was getting stuffed then too, until the 4th when the D was tired. Either way, LJ should have been given more than 16 carries, no matter how you look at it. The Steelers will eat the Chiefs alive next week if we go with the same game plan as we had today.

chiefbowe82
10-08-2006, 06:17 PM
I thought it was fine

kaplin42
10-08-2006, 06:18 PM
I thought it was fine

:doh!:

Rausch
10-08-2006, 06:20 PM
Offensive line. That's it.

If we can get our line to play worth a $#it we start winning games in streaks.

After the Steelers game. Their front 7 is going to go through our offensive line like cheap toilet paper...

kaplin42
10-08-2006, 06:22 PM
After the Steelers game. Their front 7 is going to go through our offensive line like cheap toilet paper...

Aye. Kinda makes me happy that Green won't be back, otherwise the poor guy would be carried off the field in a coffin, not a stretcher.

MichaelH
10-08-2006, 06:22 PM
We started out basically 14 points down and the run blocking sucked ass. Why keep pounding the ball for 1.8 yards?

Our best WR is comparable to other teams third. They need to catch the ball. They get paid to recieve the ball meaning they are to catch the football in their hands and then run. This position needs a major upgrade. Dicks projects aren't working, go figure.

Damon Huard is doing a great job playing backup behind a line that is too inconsistent. Sometimes they passblock and sometimes they don't. He's not losing the game and that's ok by me.

The defense played a little off but not bad. They pressured the QB and made great plays when needed. If it wasn't for them, we'd be 1-3.

I hope LJ is ok and his head is attached enough to watch film on how not to fumble, again. He fumbles at Pittsburgh, there will be no xome from behind win.

Leinhart, yeah he has potential, So what. He plays for a team other than the Chiefs. :)

If LJ is out, we won't be doomed. I say line Parker up as tailback and let him get his ass creamed. At least he won't be dropping passes.