PDA

View Full Version : Quarter-season: Which defensive players have exceeded your expectations?

Rain Man
10-08-2006, 08:35 PM
Poll is bearing down on your blindside.

Rain Man
10-08-2006, 08:41 PM
Tons of defensive guys are exceeding my expectations so far. Literally.

Hammock Parties
10-08-2006, 08:43 PM
Hali, Law, Page, Reed.

I figured Hali would struggle early, but he's really played well. I figured Law would get toasted at least once by now and have a few penalties. He's been flawless, IMO. Page is a total surprise and I thought Reed was a backup.

wutamess
10-08-2006, 08:43 PM
Tamba & DJ....
I didn't think they'd be this good.

wutamess
10-08-2006, 08:44 PM
Speaking of grades... Why is Bell still starting over Fox?

Deberg_1990
10-08-2006, 08:44 PM
Hicks. Just knowing he is riding the pine makes our defense better by default.

Marcellus
10-08-2006, 08:45 PM
All of them.And thats a good thing.

Gaz
10-09-2006, 06:26 AM
Hali, Wesley & Colquitt, in that order.

xoxo~
Gaz
Cannot think of too many D quys who did not meet expectations.

KC Jones
10-09-2006, 06:38 AM
I still wasn't sold on Mitchell until this year. Reed and Edwards are also impressing because I never expected them to get much PT, much less start and do this well. Hali is a force out there, I look forward to watching this kid for a long time to come.

KCSupersized
10-09-2006, 09:06 AM
Page has suprised me. I can't remember the last time the Chiefs had a draft class that is making this much of an impact.

sedated
10-09-2006, 09:26 AM
Hali has made the difference this year.

his presence has helped make DJ what he is

PastorMikH
10-09-2006, 09:34 AM
Eceeded my expectations? Hali and Law.

DJ is doing great but I have thought he'd be a great player for us ever since I was shocked to see him fall to #15 and us draft him.

Allen is pretty much playing up to the level I thought he would.

Right now, Hali is definately doing better than I expected him to do as a rookie. The guy is all over the field and if he doesn't make the play, he's at least around the play. In his first month he has played better than the guy he has thorugh almost all of his career.

Law. I expected Law to come in and make a difference, but at his age, I didn't know how much help he'd be. I expected him to be able to come in and cover a WR and make a play once and a while. His presence seems to have changed this secondary. He's a leader plain and simple. Last year with 3 of the same guys out there, we didn't look anywhere near this good.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-09-2006, 09:37 AM
Hali or as Solomon Wilcox would call him Holly.
Law- I expected alot of penalties
Knight- slow but still savvy
Page-a lot playing time for a 7th rounder
Wesley-eating healthier, lack of brain farts

& Edwards-who is this guy?

JimNasium
10-09-2006, 09:47 AM
Wesley during the last couple of games. Reed has been a nice surprise as has Page. I've enjoyed the few appearances of Bell because I didn't expect to see him much at all.

Mr. Laz
10-09-2006, 09:55 AM
gotta be Reed and Edwards ... off the free agency and waiver wire into our starting lineup.

Basileus777
10-09-2006, 10:00 AM
I don't know how anyone can say Pollard has exceeded expectations on defense after all that pre-season hype. He has played great on special teams, but hasn't done anything except ride the bench on defense.

Mr. Laz
10-09-2006, 10:02 AM
I don't know how anyone can say Pollard has exceeded expectations on defense after all that pre-season hype. He has played great on special teams, buy hasn't done anything but ride the bench on defense.
true dat

some people just want him to do something so badly they don't even pay attention to what's really happened.

Page gets the nod before Pollard.

StcChief
10-09-2006, 10:12 AM
Hali - A true #1 that has hit the ground running.....

'Coffin Corner' Colquitt....that pick is panning out in field position game. Making the Don't draft punter crowd STFU.

Wesley - Looking like his old self. Could be the whole better D thing.

Reed - Better than expected but anything should be for our DTs replaced.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-09-2006, 10:31 AM
Dalton. He has some big ass tittays.

runnercyclist
10-09-2006, 10:47 AM
Steve Williams

Keep doubting the Bearcats!

Lzen
10-09-2006, 01:38 PM
Hali - figured he would be a big improvement over Hicks. But he's been a HUGE improvement.
Wesley - looking like the Wesley of his first couple seasons. Perhaps having the rookie breathing down his neck has motivated him. Or perhaps the secondary coach is much better this year.
Reed - didn't know what to expect from a backup DT. He's played pretty well, IMO.
Walls - Lenny Walls has played much better than I expected, Boldin's long TD not withstanding.