To all the rest of the "Canuck’s" on the board, enjoy yer day off. I am :D

Ahh so many reasons to be happy.
Baby on the way,
wife who loves me,
buisness going good,
built a deck last weekend the Mrs and I are about to have brunch on,
the wife's aunt is home from her cancer surgery with a clean bill of health
Today, LIFE IS GOOD!

We did the big family dinner yesterday, I'm re-doing the bathroom today. Pedestal sink, new flooring/trim etc.

chief52
10-09-2006, 07:10 AM
Have a great day OH. Off to work I go... :)

BigOlChiefsfan
10-09-2006, 07:11 AM
Happy Thanksgiving, eh?

seclark
10-09-2006, 07:24 AM
any day off is a good day, oh...lucky you.

isn't today some kind of holiday in the u.s.? the wife works for the state, and has the day off.

me, i gotta drive to des moines for a meeting tomorrow. hope to make it up there for happy hour.
sec

HemiEd
10-09-2006, 07:40 AM
any day off is a good day, oh...lucky you.

isn't today some kind of holiday in the u.s.? the wife works for the state, and has the day off.

me, i gotta drive to des moines for a meeting tomorrow. hope to make it up there for happy hour.
sec

Columbus Day!

seclark
10-09-2006, 07:42 AM
Columbus Day!
thanks...a 3day weekend would have been all right w/me.
sec

HemiEd
10-09-2006, 07:45 AM
thanks...a 3day weekend would have been all right w/me.
sec

Yep, but us in the private sector that must make a profit to stay in Business, can not be so frivolous with our time as you know. :banghead:

FAX
10-09-2006, 07:48 AM
Happy Thanksgiving, Mr. Over-Head.

Will you be having turkey?

FAX

ROYC75
10-09-2006, 07:58 AM
Back assward people, they probally have Columbus Day in November......... :D

StcChief
10-09-2006, 08:02 AM
Back assward people, they probally have Columbus Day in November......... :Dthey have Viking day...since the Vikings discovered Canada.

http://medievalhistory.suite101.com/article.cfm/columbus_and_the_vikings

chiefqueen
10-10-2006, 06:17 AM
So Canadians, it is now your day after Thanksgiving. Do you have the day off so you can beat each other up at the shopping malls? Are you being bombarded with Christmas ads?

chief52
10-10-2006, 07:21 AM
So Canadians, it is now your day after Thanksgiving. Do you have the day off so you can beat each other up at the shopping malls? Are you being bombarded with Christmas ads?

No, but they are probably munching on cold turkey sandwiches, drinking beer and watching football :banghead:

Over-Head
10-11-2006, 06:37 PM
No, but they are probably munching on cold turkey sandwiches, drinking beer and watching football :banghead:
Nope!
Same as you bunch south of the border.
"Most" times we drive home bitching about the family dinner we just sat through beside the most annoying in-law of the bunch.

That generally means I’m stuck beside the wife’s cousin, the "wanna be cop", who give me the evil eye while I sit there making fun of her hair.
I did find out this year though that it’s a plot by the rest of them to make the bitch suffer.

Not only is she an annal retentive New England fan, she hats "Un-politically correct people".
Thus the seating position beside a knuck dragging, Ra!der loving, stoned, irreverent, tell it like it is even if you really didn’t want to hear the truth beast like me :D

This year "she", who I refer to as "Fem-a-Nazi" to her face, said "I’m not sitting beside HIM next year."

I said "cool, that means not only do I not have to smell you, as well as be attacked by that rats nest on top of your head, but stand a good chance of not even seeing you if I can really piss you off".

Then snorted a line of peas up my nose and asked for the gravy dish to wash them down.

The rest of the family burst into fits of laughter, she turned as red as the cranberries.
Me I just got up from the table, went out to the shed with the Uncle and rolled up another one :thumb: