PDA

View Full Version : so @ 2-2 how does everyone feel about

MOhillbilly
10-09-2006, 11:52 AM
the next 3 games?

yesterday for the first time in ages i didnt get worried about a 2nd half letdown by the D.
those fellas got put in a spot and rallied.

I got the feeling yesterday that the playcalling on O went conservative,because of all the loose footballs and that while huard is a serviceable backup the 41-0 of a few weeks ago is more a product of cheese will do for brains when youre lucky.

granted the oline isnt playing well and KC has guys back,but i gotta think w/ that kinda speed and vet leadership.......EVEN if kc gets behind they can win and if its close the TEAM has the grit to fight it out whatever the outcome.

i personaly like that better than the onesided affairs of the past.

ptlyon
10-09-2006, 11:56 AM
L
L
L

el borracho
10-09-2006, 11:56 AM
at Pitt- 40% chance of a Chiefs win
hosting San Diego- 30% chance of a Chiefs win
hosting Seattle- 70% chance of a Chiefs win

ChiefsCountry
10-09-2006, 11:58 AM

San Diego and Seattle are at Arrowhead, our chances go way up.

Brock
10-09-2006, 11:58 AM
I think the Chiefs win the home games, or at least one of them.

DaFace
10-09-2006, 11:59 AM
I'm thinking we'll win one of the three. I'm not real optimistic about anything better than that.

Wa-Z
10-09-2006, 11:59 AM

I like our chances better against Seattle than I do for San Diego.

JBucc
10-09-2006, 12:00 PM
Pittsburgh is going to be desperate for a win. They'll probably destroy us. Maybe we can get a couple of big plays on screens but that's about it.

The other two are more winnable but it'll take one hell of an effort.

SLAG
10-09-2006, 12:01 PM
I think we won yesterday but we are going to lose to the browns-

I have @Pit- LOSS
vs SD- WIN
VS SEA- WIN
@ STL - WIN
@ MIA - LOSS
VS OAK- WIN
VS DEN- WIN
@ CLE- LOSS
VS BAL- WIN
@ SD - LOSS
@ OAK- WIN
VS JAX - LOSS

9-7-
Just missin the Dance

FAX
10-09-2006, 12:02 PM
Pittsburgh is very unpredictable on offense. Better at home, of course. I say we probably lose this one, but there's always a chance. The NFL is funny that way.

San Diego is an interesting game. We have a real chance here. Better than 50/50 since we're playing at home.

Seattle. I really like our chances here.

I'm going to say 2 and 1. Mark it down on an angry N00b's (sp?) forehead.

FAX

noa
10-09-2006, 12:02 PM
I think Marty will be very conservative when he comes to Arrowhead. If we can put together a good game plan on offense, I like our chances in that game.
The Seattle game is a tough call cause we still don't know the status of Shaun Alexander.

el borracho
10-09-2006, 12:06 PM
San Diego and Seattle are at Arrowhead, our chances go way up.
I think I accounted for that. What do you think our chances are?

kaplin42
10-09-2006, 12:09 PM
If our O-line was in better shape I would say we have a chance. But since we couldn't even run against the 49ers, there is no way in hell we will be running against Pitt. We are gonna get blasted on Sunday, and made to look the fool. Our D is doing much better, but it won't be when the offense is going 3 and out on a consistant basis. This will not be a pretty game, and with Pitts loss yesterday, they will be comming out swinging.

SD will be the same, I don't think we can beat them. Jammal Williams alone will probably wreck our O-line.

Seattle we could have a chance against, but we will be 2 - 4 then, and will have to do something if we even want a remote chance at a wild card spot.

noa
I think I accounted for that. What do you think our chances are?

Better than 30% against the Chargers. We've lost one home game to the Chargers in the past 5 years, and it was only by a field goal.

el borracho
San Diego's D against our Oline = big trouble.

Also worth noting that I expect Green back for the Seattle game.

StcChief
10-09-2006, 12:10 PM
Pitt - depends on if Big Ben is finally back. The D worries me with Huard in.

The Home games with SD and Seattle are winnable.

Brock
10-09-2006, 12:10 PM
Better than 30% against the Chargers. We've lost one home game to the Chargers in the past 5 years, and it was only by a field goal.

Either home game is a toss-up.

Archie Bunker
10-09-2006, 12:11 PM
at Pitt-L

It will be close. Pitt is stuggling on offense and I think the D can stop them but Pitt's D will murder our Oline. I think it is gonna be a 13-3 type loss

SD-W

Arrowhead comes alive behind a D like this and Rivers will poop himself. The offense will do just enough to pull it out late. 17-13 KC

Seattle-W

I think the offense will be able to move the ball against them and it is possible it will be Green's first game back with emotions running high. I going with a 24-13 win.

This team has heart and wont roll over and die like teams in the past. The Chiefs could go 0-3 or 3-0 but one thing is for certain this team will put up a fight and that is all I ask.

Deberg_1990
10-09-2006, 12:11 PM
We lose @ Pitt.

Beat San (The best team ever to not make the playoffs!) Diego

uncertain about Seattle. I would bet Green returns there and im not sure about Shaun Alexander??

Fish
10-09-2006, 12:14 PM
I want to say we'll come out 2-1 through this stretch, but I don't think I'd bet a doughnut on it....

ptlyon
10-09-2006, 12:15 PM
I knew we couldn't get through this thread without someone mentioning donuts.

Hoover
10-09-2006, 12:16 PM
Pitt - Big Loss, Steelers at home coming off of a home loss. Not what I want to walk into.

Chargers - Win. I think this will be a great game, but I don't think the Charges are going to come in here with Rivers and push us around. In past years sure, now with our improved D, nope.

SeaChickens - ?. If Alexander is back, I don't think it looks good to be honest. I worry about all of their WR's. If we can win this game, we will be in great shape at 4-3

ChiefsOne
10-09-2006, 12:17 PM
Depends on which of the Steelers show up to play. We could pull out a close one or get killed.

SD = 50/50

Seahawks we will win.

Thig Lyfe
10-09-2006, 12:18 PM
14-2.

CupidStunt
10-09-2006, 01:47 PM
L
L
L

Agreed. Unfortunately.

The offense is going to really kill the defense's stats in the next three games.

Pittsburgh, San Diego and Seattle will just rape us with turnovers which will allow them easy points with good field position.

noa
10-09-2006, 01:54 PM
Agreed. Unfortunately.

The offense is going to really kill the defense's stats in the next three games.

Pittsburgh, San Diego and Seattle will just rape us with turnovers which will allow them easy points with good field position.

Rothelisberger has 7 INTs in 3 games. I think its more likely that Big Ben continues that trend than LJ continues to fumble the ball.

CupidStunt
10-09-2006, 02:02 PM
Perhaps if we can rattle him, yes. I question that. This isn't the Cardinals or Niners O-line.

Regardless, their blitz will absolutely embarrass our O-line.

noa
10-09-2006, 02:08 PM
Perhaps if we can rattle him, yes. I question that. This isn't the Cardinals or Niners O-line.

Regardless, their blitz will absolutely embarrass our O-line.

I agree. We're really going to have to spend some time this week figuring out how to pick up their blitzes. The keys to the game will be the blocking of Ronnie Cruz, Jason Dunn, and Kris Wilson. I think Joey Porter and Troy Polamalu are looking forward to getting after Huard early and often.

DJJasonp
10-09-2006, 02:08 PM
I like our chances against SD and Rivers...

I heard a stat that in the past few years...QB's in their first season as a starter, making their first start at Arrowhead, are 2-9....

tk13
10-09-2006, 02:10 PM
The next two weeks we'll have to force the QB into mistakes I think. Roethlisberger hasn't played well and Rivers has never played in Arrowhead. If those guys have good days we might be in trouble.

Also the SD game is the Chargers 2nd consecutive road game, so that might help a little. Although this Pittsburgh game is our 2nd straight road game on the opposite of the country from last week. These are the kind of games where teams can come out flat.

L.A. Chieffan
10-09-2006, 02:25 PM
I think we won yesterday but we are going to lose to the browns-

I have @Pit- LOSS
vs SD- WIN
VS SEA- WIN
@ STL - WIN
@ MIA - LOSS
VS OAK- WIN
VS DEN- WIN
@ CLE- LOSS
VS BAL- WIN
@ SD - LOSS
@ OAK- WIN
VS JAX - LOSS

9-7-
Just missin the Dance

damn, @ cleveland and @ miami both losses? I could see maybe losing @ StL so 10-6 is my guess. and we'll get fu_cked out of the playoffs again

Logical
10-09-2006, 02:28 PM
Hopefully we will 1 of the next three (preferably against San Diego).

NJ Chief Fan
10-09-2006, 02:50 PM
2-1 with a chance of 3-0, pitt is one and done and rothlisbitch's career is over, san diego isnt coming into our house and taking one BANK ON IT, seattle not to worried about them, even if SA is back

kaplin42
10-09-2006, 03:18 PM
2-1 with a chance of 3-0, pitt is one and done and rothlisbitch's career is over, san diego isnt coming into our house and taking one BANK ON IT, seattle not to worried about them, even if SA is back

Homerism at its finest. :clap:

CupidStunt
10-09-2006, 03:21 PM
I don't see a chance in hell we beat San Diego. Their defense is better than ours and will just destroy our horrible offense, and can we hold them to 7-13 points?

Given that our offense will probably give them at least two drives starting at or around midfield, I doubt it.

RINGLEADER
10-09-2006, 03:29 PM
well if we go 2-1 then our playoff chances go through the roof cuz our schedule - except for san diego away - is quite winnable.

I so wish we had beaten the broncos...got a feeling that loss is going to haunt us later in the year a la the eagles game from last season.

but seriously I wouldn't be surprised to see the chiefs go 7-2 or even 8-1 after the next three games. a lot will depend on injuries and mojo - if things are bouncing our way we'll get our wins to double-digits if we go 2-1 over the next three weeks...

Halfcan
10-09-2006, 03:39 PM
We should be 4-0

the Talking Can
10-09-2006, 03:48 PM
our D can handle Pitts O....but they will wreck our OL, I fear....

we're the underdog in all 3...that Denver loss will haunt us....

our D will have to score in the next 3 weeks, a lot

el borracho
10-09-2006, 03:54 PM
We should be 4-0
I should be in a threesome with Laetitia Casta and Shakira.

When the hell were we even close to competetive in the game against the Bengals?

Easy 6
10-09-2006, 04:08 PM
I think the Pitt game is gonna be tooth & nail, if we can get some semblance of pure meanspiritedness out of our tackles we have a chance. Also Pitts O is nowhere close to 05' so our D could surprise. After watching the dolts erase a 10 point deficit to the champs i find them far more worrisome. As good as Casey Hampton is Jamal Williams is a manimal and their D line is bonkers. Williams was beating dub teams all night long, we will need the very best from our O line to prevail, even at home. As for QB play Rivers looked very good but i believe that at this stage in their careers Damon can match him. The dolt game will boil down to our interior O line play because those guys are freaks up front.

runnercyclist
10-09-2006, 05:27 PM
Everything that could've gone wrong yesterday capitalized on that opportunity, the fumbles, dropped balls, uncalled penalties, etc.

I had an AZ fan say last week the Chiefs played a perfect game and this week it evened out. Well said.

I like our chances on any given Sunday. A lot depends on our injury report.

Sure-Oz
10-09-2006, 05:29 PM
I say we beat SD and Seattle at home, that first game was just all out rarity, this team will play hard at home and just won a tough road game. I think we probbaly lose in Pitt. but i got hope, they got confidence going right now.

Calcountry
10-09-2006, 05:37 PM
If our O-line was in better shape I would say we have a chance. But since we couldn't even run against the 49ers, there is no way in hell we will be running against Pitt. We are gonna get blasted on Sunday, and made to look the fool. Our D is doing much better, but it won't be when the offense is going 3 and out on a consistant basis. This will not be a pretty game, and with Pitts loss yesterday, they will be comming out swinging.

SD will be the same, I don't think we can beat them. Jammal Williams alone will probably wreck our O-line.

Seattle we could have a chance against, but we will be 2 - 4 then, and will have to do something if we even want a remote chance at a wild card spot.Not to mention Merriman, who ended Priests career last year.

KC Jones
10-09-2006, 05:40 PM
Lucky to go 1-2 through this stretch IMO. San Diego will crush us and the Steelers will use us to make a statement.

el borracho
10-15-2006, 11:52 PM
Wow. I was way off. We had no chance in Pittsburgh. I am not looking forward to next week against the Chargers. This must be how Logical feels. :deevee:

SLAG
01-09-2007, 02:02 PM
damn, @ cleveland and @ miami both losses? I could see maybe losing @ StL so 10-6 is my guess. and we'll get fu_cked out of the playoffs again

Yup!