PDA

View Full Version : Penalties

Calcountry
10-09-2006, 02:07 PM
Sorry if someone has already adressed this, but I didn't see it.

It just struck me, that we have been playing some near penalty free football the last couple of games. DV coached teams always had problems with that, I wonder why that is? That to me is a telling example of lack of dicipline. Even with our high potent offense a year ago, many drives got stalled because of holding, or false starts.

I know we had a couple yesterday, but it seems as if we have improved in that area a lot.

noa
10-09-2006, 02:09 PM
The shocking thing to me is the lack of holding penalties. We've had a few of them, but no where near as many as I expected with this OLine.

Kerberos
10-09-2006, 02:11 PM
Maybe that is how Big Willie and Welroid kept Green from getting his clock cleaned. I would rather have the hold than my QB out for 6 weeks!

But hey ..... Thats just me.

All in All I would have to admit in the Grand Picture we are playing with less penalties than prior years. :thumb:

StcChief
10-09-2006, 02:13 PM
The amazing one is the 'lack' of penalties on AZ... :rolleyes:

ChiefsCountry
10-09-2006, 02:17 PM

They had penalties, one was on the touchdown, they just got declined.

DaFace
10-09-2006, 02:28 PM

They had quite a few in the second half. Overall, they had 7 penalties for 50 yards, while we had 5 for 49.

Fish
10-09-2006, 02:36 PM
Guess the Raiders will kick our ass at something.....

Lzen
10-09-2006, 02:37 PM
Are you sure about that? I thought DV teams were always ranked pretty high as far as least penalized teams.

Calcountry
10-09-2006, 02:47 PM
Are you sure about that? I thought DV teams were always ranked pretty high as far as least penalized teams.Just going by my gut, I pretty much don't have the initiative to look the stuff up.

Of course, we have only played 4 games under Herm, so I will withold final judgment on this until later.

DaFace
10-09-2006, 03:02 PM
Just going by my gut, I pretty much don't have the initiative to look the stuff up.

Of course, we have only played 4 games under Herm, so I will withold final judgment on this until later.

2003 - 2nd
2004 - 22nd
2005 - 18th
2006 - 4th* (so far)

*I corrected this for penalties per game, since the NFL's stats site only lists total penalties. We're 3rd by total penalties, but we've played one less game than some teams.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-09-2006, 03:09 PM
I have read or heard on the radio(Bill Maas perhaps) that the refs around the league pretty much, couldn't stand DV's coaches. They thought they were a bunch of arrogant jerks

~apologies to chiefsfan1963

Calcountry
10-09-2006, 03:49 PM
2003 - 2nd
2004 - 22nd
2005 - 18th
2006 - 4th* (so far)

*I corrected this for penalties per game, since the NFL's stats site only lists total penalties. We're 3rd by total penalties, but we've played one less game than some teams.Always trust your gut.

DV could rattle off how a team that gets penalties is 32% less likely to win on the road at night when it gets the most penalties, but he couldn't do a DAMN thing to stop the team from making them. Amazing.

The more and more I am looking at this, the more and more it is apparent that DV was soft.

Calcountry
10-09-2006, 03:51 PM
I have read or heard on the radio(Bill Maas perhaps) that the refs around the league pretty much, couldn't stand DV's coaches. They thought they were a bunch of arrogant jerks

~apologies to chiefsfan1963He use to openly whine about TG getting held, then, to everyones amazement TG gets flagged the next week for pushing off.

Amazing.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-09-2006, 03:53 PM
We do get flagged less with herm, and with DV we got flagged a hell of a lot less than we did with Gun and especially Marty. I think the Gleam he spoke of was the yellow laundry all over the field.

HemiEd
10-09-2006, 03:55 PM
Are you sure about that? I thought DV teams were always ranked pretty high as far as least penalized teams.

That is the way I remember it. I honestly think the league is trying to reduce the number of calls in order to improve the game.