PDA

View Full Version : Peter King is and idiot, Part 2

OnTheWarpath15
10-10-2006, 09:32 PM
Last week, he predicts the Cardinals winning 19-10, with Leinart completing 70% of his passes.....

Whoops, oh-for-two.......

This week:

Matt Leinart had a close-only-counts-in-horseshoes day, but I like his cool in almost bringing the Cardinals back in his first NFL start.

Notice he didn't mention the reason he was in the position to bring the Cardinals back. **cough** late interception **cough**

Here's his prelude to picking against us again this week:

I think it's not over for the Steelers. Not at all. They've played a very difficult schedule -- Miami, at Jacksonville, Cincinnati, bye, at San Diego -- and should be able to get the ship righted with Kansas City and Oakland coming in two of the next three weeks. It's so hard to build a pocket that holds out the San Diego front seven.

Am I the only one that hopes he chokes on one of those Starbucks beverages he's always rambling about?

Easy 6
10-10-2006, 09:35 PM
I think a stat that peter should choke on this the fact that thru 3 1/2 games 70% is exactly what Damons pitchin'.

Deberg_1990
10-10-2006, 09:42 PM
I normally like and respect King as a writer, even though i dont always agreee with alot of his picks. Believe me, he doesnt know any more than most people on this board.

I also sent King a nasty email asking him why he never mentioned the death of Buck O' Neil over the weekend among all his incessant MLB ramblings in his MMQB column. I thought that was pretty sad......

Of course....nothing was ever mentioned about it in his column today....

Mecca
10-10-2006, 09:43 PM
NO ONE in their right mind is picking the Chiefs to beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh.

10-10-2006, 09:44 PM
Who gives a crap what that idiot thinks anyway. He never liked the Chiefs and never will. Like Cross, he is the anti-homer.

Deberg_1990
10-10-2006, 09:46 PM
NO ONE in their right mind is picking the Chiefs to beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh.

Agreed.

beer bacon
10-10-2006, 09:46 PM

Ben has been playing like shit lately. I know plenty of people, non-Chiefs fans, that are picking KC in their pickems.

beer bacon
10-10-2006, 09:47 PM
Right now the Steelers are scoring 15 ppg and giving up 19 ppg. Right now they aren't playing very good ball. If Ben can get back on track this will change.

Deberg_1990
10-10-2006, 09:48 PM
Ben has been playing like shit lately. I know plenty of people, non-Chiefs fans, that are picking KC in their pickems.

He will bounce back eventually. This is a MUST WIN game for them. They are at home coming off a tough road loss. Its not like the Chiefs are some dominating Super Bowl team. Lets get realistic...

Halfcan
10-10-2006, 09:50 PM
Peter Puffer King is not even worth reading-he is a Chief hater and will always find an excuse to pick against us. Surprised he didn't blow big ben in his article about what a GREAT year he is having.

Halfcan
10-10-2006, 09:51 PM
I think we have a good shot at winning.

38-10 KC dominates.

OnTheWarpath15
10-10-2006, 09:52 PM
He will bounce back eventually. This is a MUST WIN game for them. They are at home coming off a tough road loss. Its not like the Chiefs are some dominating Super Bowl team. Lets get realistic...

If our O line wasn't so jacked up, I'd have no problem picking us to win this game.

Even then, I'd still give us a 35-45% chance, if not better.

For King to just lump us in with the fuggin Raiders is a bit overboard, IMO.

Mecca
10-10-2006, 09:52 PM

Ok tell me.......who's blocking Joey Porter? We had some severe struggles against Arizona's rush and this teams is alot better.

I expect both teams to look like ass on offense in this game but Pittsbugh is at home so my prediction would be Pittsburgh in a close game.

Basileus777
10-10-2006, 09:56 PM
Ok tell me.......who's blocking Joey Porter? We had some severe struggles against Arizona's rush and this teams is alot better.

I expect both teams to look like ass on offense in this game but Pittsbugh is at home so my prediction would be Pittsburgh in a close game.

Joey Porter isn't hard to block, the problem is actually getting a man on him cause of LeBeau's schemes. Porter gets 70% of his sacks and pressures unblocked. The Steelers pass rush is so good because of Dick LeBeau, not Joey Porter. Pittsburgh's defense is to linebackers what Denver is to running backs.

Mecca
10-10-2006, 09:56 PM
Joey Poter isn't hard to block, the problem is actually getting a man on him cause of LeBeau's schemes. Porter gets 70% of his sacks and pressures unblocked. The Steelers pass rush is so good because of Dick LeBeau, not Joey Porter. Pittsburgh's defense is to linebackers what Denver is to running backs.

Ah well that makes me even less comfortable seeing as sometimes our lineman look like they don't know who they're suppose to be blocking.

KcMizzou
10-10-2006, 09:57 PM
He's 100% right about Leinart.

beer bacon
10-10-2006, 10:01 PM

I don't expect us to score a lot of points. I don't expect either team to score more then 20. I expect the same type of game plan we took into Denver, with maybe a few more playaction shots downfield since Huard is gaining confidence.

I am hoping that we also do plenty of screens early so we can take adantage of how quickly the Steelers' LBs are going to be getting into our backfield on passing downs.

This is going to be a field position, slug it out type of game. If Ben continues to suck, and if our defense keeps playing at a high level, the game will still be close in the 4th quarter. We will have a shot.

tk13
10-10-2006, 10:04 PM
I'd ask Mecca what color the sky is in his world, but it's apparently always falling on his head.

beer bacon
10-10-2006, 10:05 PM

Oh sorry. Here is my real prediction: DOOO OOO OOO OOO OOO med

OnTheWarpath15
10-10-2006, 10:06 PM
I don't expect us to score a lot of points. I don't expect either team to score more then 20. I expect the same type of game plan we took into Denver, with maybe a few more playaction shots downfield since Huard is gaining confidence.

I am hoping that we also do plenty of screens early so we can take adantage of how quickly the Steelers' LBs are going to be getting into our backfield on passing downs.

This is going to be a field position, slug it out type of game. If Ben continues to suck, and if our defense keeps playing at a high level, the game will still be close in the 4th quarter. We will have a shot.

Agreed.

IMO, losing Randle El has really hurt Roethlisberger. Doesn't help that Ward isn't 100% either, and reports are that he won't be all year.

This has all the makings of Denver Part 2.......

Mecca
10-10-2006, 10:08 PM
I'd ask Mecca what color the sky is in his world, but it's apparently always falling on his head.

As I picked the Chiefs to win the last 2 games, and missed the score in the last one by hardly anything as I said 24-21. The last 2 games were 2 of the easier games we have other than Oakland now it picks up again.

All 3 of the teams Pittsburgh has lost to, would beat the Chiefs, 1 of them already did. Their record is worse but I don't think they are a worse team than the Chiefs are.

10-10-2006, 10:11 PM
Oh sorry. Here is my real prediction: DOOO OOO OOO OOO OOO ed

Dooood?

beer bacon
10-10-2006, 10:12 PM
Dooood?

The m is so small you can't even see it.

JBucc
We're Dooood!

blueballs
His name is Mecca
he is a USC whore
he thinks he's above you
Yes you have hated him before

beer bacon
10-10-2006, 10:13 PM
I don't what you guys are talking about it. The m is clearly right there!

Mecca
Man you turned this into a poop thread.

Halfcan
His name is Mecca
he is a USC whore
he thinks he's above you
Yes you have hated him before
ROFL

10-10-2006, 10:14 PM
The m is so small you can't even see it.
Oh great, it is a Dr. Seues book. ROFL

Halfcan
10-10-2006, 10:16 PM
As I picked the Chiefs to win the last 2 games, and missed the score in the last one by hardly anything as I said 24-21. The last 2 games were 2 of the easier games we have other than Oakland now it picks up again.

All 3 of the teams Pittsburgh has lost to, would beat the Chiefs, 1 of them already did. Their record is worse but I don't think they are a worse team than the Chiefs are.

And the Steelers are better how?
Their QB? Nope.
Offense? Nope
Defense? Nope
Special Teams? Nope
Record? Nope

This is a VERY winable game for us-one we should dominate.

The Bad Guy
10-10-2006, 10:16 PM
Their record is worse but I don't think they are a worse team than the Chiefs are.

Shocking.

Mecca
10-10-2006, 10:18 PM
Their QB? Nope.
Offense? Nope
Defense? Nope
Special Teams? Nope
Record? Nope

And people wonder why I bust out the homer card......I love it the Chiefs play 4 games of defense and that makes them better than a tea that's played good defense for years.

The Bad Guy
10-10-2006, 10:18 PM
Their QB? Nope.
Offense? Nope
Defense? Nope
Special Teams? Nope
Record? Nope

Dominate?

You're ****ing crazy.

This is a team that won the SB 8 months ago. A very good defense, with pass rushers out the ass.

We'll be lucky to win this one. I think it will be close, but the Steelers are very good when their backs are against the wall.

OnTheWarpath15
10-10-2006, 10:23 PM
And people wonder why I bust out the homer card......I love it the Chiefs play 4 games of defense and that makes them better than a tea that's played good defense for years.

First off, how Pittsburgh has played defense in the past means jack shit.

Personally, I took what was posted to mean that Pittsburgh doesn't have a decided advantage in any category.

When Pittsburgh has the ball: Advantage Chiefs

When Kansas City has the ball: Advantage Pittsburgh

IMHO, the only reason Pittsburgh should get the (slight) nod in this game is that they're playing at home.

OnTheWarpath15
10-10-2006, 10:24 PM
Dominate?

You're ****ing crazy.

Agreed.

This will/should be a repeat of the Donks game.......

tk13
10-10-2006, 10:26 PM

You know what I mean. I think you're a smart guy but the sky is always falling in your world. You're kinda becoming a parody of yourself. Just doing nothing but spewing negativity. The team isn't good, this isn't good, LJ blew out his knee, Hali's not that good, etc, etc, etc. You need to relax.

JBucc
10-10-2006, 10:27 PM
17-13 Steelers is my prediction. We'll have the lead late but someone, either Huard or LJ will fumble giving them prime field position for the go ahead TD.

OnTheWarpath15
10-10-2006, 10:28 PM
17-13 Steelers is my prediction. We'll have the lead late but someone, either Huard or LJ will fumble giving them prime field position for the go ahead TD.

While I don't care for the late fumble prediction, I can't argue with the score.......

Mecca
10-10-2006, 10:34 PM
You know what I mean. I think you're a smart guy but the sky is always falling in your world. You're kinda becoming a parody of yourself. Just doing nothing but spewing negativity. The team isn't good, this isn't good, LJ blew out his knee, Hali's not that good, etc, etc, etc. You need to relax.

Well I in all honesty thought he blew out his knee the way he bent up. I never said Hali wasn't that good, he's better than I thought he would be but I still think already posting threads about "oh we'd rather have him than Williams he's better" is really stupid.

Mario Williams is not near as polished as Hali is, I figured Hali would be a 5-8 sack guy in the NFL a good starter and that's about it. Mario Williams in a few years when he becomes polished can be a pro bowler.

10-10-2006, 10:36 PM

Hell, the way he went down, I thought he may have hurt his knee too. But when he was barely even moving, then I feared his neck.

TrickyNicky
10-10-2006, 10:39 PM
Hell, the way he went down, I thought he may have hurt his knee too. But when he was barely even moving, then I feared his neck.
Same, from the far live angle I thought it was a horse collar when it happened.

tk13
10-10-2006, 10:41 PM
Mario Williams is not near as polished as Hali is, I figured Hali would be a 5-8 sack guy in the NFL a good starter and that's about it.

That's not what you said on draft day.

I like poeple thinking Hali will be an everydown player when good tackles will probably kill him.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3176417

Easy 6
10-10-2006, 10:42 PM
Well I in all honesty thought he blew out his knee the way he bent up. I never said Hali wasn't that good, he's better than I thought he would be but I still think already posting threads about "oh we'd rather have him than Williams he's better" is really stupid.

Mario Williams is not near as polished as Hali is, I figured Hali would be a 5-8 sack guy in the NFL a good starter and that's about it. Mario Williams in a few years when he becomes polished can be a pro bowler.
I'm going on record to say that Tamba2 will consistenty outperform Mario in just about every single category. Ive seen W play and he is the one who lacks quicks and instincts, if ya wanna find the ball look for Mr.T. Why in the world would anyone ASSUME that his growth will stunt? the skys the limit for a guy like him.

The Bad Guy
10-10-2006, 10:49 PM

And you're so sure about Williams and so sure that Hali won't become a Pro Bowler?

Courtney Brown was a can't miss first rounder at DE too.

He turned out wonderfully.

Why is it really stupid? Because you don't agree with it? Hali has been a large part of turning around a horrid defense. He has made the difference with Ty Law.

Mecca
10-10-2006, 10:52 PM
It's stupid because they've played 4 games.....and yes I fully admit I didn't wanna pick Hali and wasn't very thrilled about picking him.

Halfcan
10-10-2006, 10:55 PM

The guy was a #1 pick and got bazillions of dollars up front-I think the Texans thought he WAS pollished.

I remember you posting Hali was a REACH not a 5-8 sack guy-but I am probably wrong.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2006, 10:57 PM
I would also like to point out that Pitt's D has been very hit and miss in recent years. They are getting gashed in Pass D this year, and had severe problems with it in 02 and 03. Yes the Run D has been there and the Pass D has been pretty good the last few years, but this isn't the Steel curtain in terms of longevity of dominance.

TrickyNicky
10-10-2006, 10:57 PM
Everybody knows the key to playing any NFL position is 40 time, Bench Press, and Vertical Jump...

Mecca
10-10-2006, 10:59 PM
The guy was a #1 pick and got bazillions of dollars up front-I think the Texans thought he WAS pollished.

I remember you posting Hali was a REACH not a 5-8 sack guy-but I am probably wrong.

If they thought he was polished their dumb.......Williams was thought of as the best end prospect since Peppers though, guys with his measureables just don't come around very often.

stevieray
10-10-2006, 11:00 PM
their dumb.......

happens every time.

tk13
10-10-2006, 11:00 PM
Actually Pitt's pass D wasn't all that great last year either I don't think, at least not until they got hot down the stretch. Indianapolis torched them around midseason. Really other than Polamalu they don't have all-star DB's or anything, they just use blitzes like the rest of these 3-4 teams to mask the secondary.

Halfcan
10-10-2006, 11:01 PM
Dominate?

You're ****ing crazy.

This is a team that won the SB 8 months ago. A very good defense, with pass rushers out the ass.

We'll be lucky to win this one. I think it will be close, but the Steelers are very good when their backs are against the wall.

You have to go into every game with that attitude. You think Herm is saying-"Come on guys just do your best and hope we shit out a win?" "Or we will be lucky to win by a field goal?" All the pressure is on Pitt. they are at home with a bad record-its do or die for them.

Gun does not want to just get by-he wants to destroy the SB Champs.

Chiefs 38 Squeelers 10

Halfcan
10-10-2006, 11:03 PM
If they thought he was polished their dumb.......Williams was thought of as the best end prospect since Peppers though, guys with his measureables just don't come around very often.

So he was a #1 pick, best prospect since Peppers, born with talent, and his measurables just don't come around very often, BUT

The Texans were dumbasses to think he was polished?

Mecca
10-10-2006, 11:07 PM
So he was a #1 pick, best prospect since Peppers, born with talent, and his measurables just don't come around very often, BUT

The Texans were dumbasses to think he was polished?

Yea because he's not, you can see it when you watch him play. He's physically dominating which works in college but he's far from polished.

stevieray
10-10-2006, 11:08 PM
Actually Pitt's pass D wasn't all that great last year either I don't think, at least not until they got hot down the stretch. Indianapolis torched them around midseason. Really other than Polamalu they don't have all-star DB's or anything, they just use blitzes like the rest of these 3-4 teams to mask the secondary.

Troy is playing hurt.

Halfcan
10-10-2006, 11:09 PM
Yea because he's not, you can see it when you watch him play. He's physically dominating which works in college but he's far from polished.

Umm okay. Yep you are right Mario is better.

Mecca
10-10-2006, 11:12 PM
Umm okay. Yep you are right Mario is better.

Have you ever heard this concept that when you draft you are thinking about where you are going to be in 3-4 years? Drafting for right now isn't exactly the greatest idea....if they develop Williams into a polished player he'll be a cornerstone.

Halfcan
10-10-2006, 11:14 PM
He is their best player-I would say he Is a cornerstone already.

But Hali is not?

listopencil
10-10-2006, 11:43 PM
You have to go into every game with that attitude. You think Herm is saying-"Come on guys just do your best and hope we shit out a win?" "Or we will be lucky to win by a field goal?" All the pressure is on Pitt. they are at home with a bad record-its do or die for them.

Chiefs 38 Squeelers 10

You do realise that you aren't going to be playing Sunday, right?

Crashride
10-11-2006, 12:05 AM
Pitt is OVERRATED this year. We have a solid chance if our line can do decent and huard continues to be consistant. If there was a game where the turnovers on offense needed to stop it would be this sunday at pitt. If we can just do what weve been doing minus the turnovers we have a damn good chance of winning. As some people here would say...KEEP ****ING DOUBTING HUARD

kcxiv
10-11-2006, 12:26 AM

Berry>Porter. i am sorry. Porter just plays on a much better all around defensive team. I just know from what i seen that Berry is alot better passrusher then Porter could ever hope to be.

Direckshun
10-11-2006, 02:47 AM
Pitt's defence is smoke and mirrors. They are the products of a great defensive scheme. That makes their defense particularly dominant when they get an early lead, and slightly weaker when they're behind.

Solution for an offense that needs as much help as it can get? Score first, score early.

I do think it's doable. If we can muster a couple field goals in our first few possessions and shut down their O, LJ can start running downhill and we'll have the Steelers on their heels.

It's possible. To listen to some of the folks around here jaw, you'd think otherwise. But it is.

The Bad Guy
10-11-2006, 04:46 AM
Have you ever heard this concept that when you draft you are thinking about where you are going to be in 3-4 years? Drafting for right now isn't exactly the greatest idea....if they develop Williams into a polished player he'll be a cornerstone.

The only way you develop a #1 pick is if he's a QB.

You're supposed to be a true impact player from day one as a #1 pick. You're supposed to be polished and ready to step right in and dominate.

All you heard when the Texans drafted Williams was that he was the real deal and how NFL-ready he was.

Now he needs to be developed?

Your #1 overall pick shouldn't need 3-4 years to get up to speed. He should need 3-4 weeks of training camp.

You seem to make a lot of excuses for Mario Williams. All I hear from you is if's. If this, if that.

I don't deal with ifs. He has 28 million dollars guaranteed. He should be a dominant force right now.

The Bad Guy
10-11-2006, 04:48 AM

Chiefs 38 Squeelers 10

I highly doubt any member of the Chiefs is reading this message board trying to get motivated.

I'm sure Herm is going in with that message.

However, the Steelers perform pretty well with their backs against the wall.

Saying we should dominate this game is beyond stupid. Will we try to dominate? Absolutely. Will it happen? Very unlikely.

I think the Chiefs can win, but they aren't going to dominate a very physical team.

MichaelH
10-11-2006, 04:57 AM
Peter King doesn't like the Chiefs and never has. So freakin what.

Chiefnj
10-11-2006, 07:27 AM
Chief fans are so insecure about the national media.

Leinart had a very good game. That's a fact. 250 plus yards, 2TD's, 1 INT and a 63% completion rate against what has been a stingy KC pass defense are very good numbers for a rookie making his first NFL start. Arizona fans have something to look forward to. Chief fans would be ecstatic if Croyle could put up those numbers in his first NFL game.

As far as Pittsburgh is concerned, you get the benefit of the doubt when you are the world champs and you've made the playoffs 5 out of the last 6 years including a Super Bowl win.

StcChief
10-11-2006, 09:56 AM
You would have to give Pitt the nod...let's hope it goes to their head and they are looking past us

MichaelH
10-11-2006, 09:58 AM
You would have to give Pitt the nod...let's hope it goes to their head and they are looking past us

I don't think a team that's 1-3 will be looking past anyone. Their backs are against the wall and it's a must win for them.

boogblaster
10-11-2006, 10:01 AM
Pitt can beat us but they'll have to play better than they have to do it.....

vailpass
10-11-2006, 10:12 AM
Their QB? Nope.
Offense? Nope
Defense? Nope
Special Teams? Nope
Record? Nope

WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!
Big Ben isn't better than Huard?
Steeler O isn't better than the KC decimated O?
The Steeler D isn't light years ahead of the KC D?
KC should dominate, in Pittsburgh?
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
Playing 2 of the 3 worst teams in the league back to back has made you high.
Steelers 31 Chiefs 3

milkman
10-11-2006, 10:15 AM
WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!
Big Ben isn't better than Huard?
Steeler O isn't better than the KC decimated O?
The Steeler D isn't light years ahead of the KC D?
KC should dominate, in Pittsburgh?
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
Playing 2 of the 3 worst teams in the league back to back has made you high.
Steelers 31 Chiefs 3

Halfwit doesn't allow reality to cloud his homeristic views, but I don't think we'll see a blowout.

I'm thinking more like 17-9 Steelers.