PDA

View Full Version : 2+2 again

Phobia
10-10-2006, 10:12 PM
http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=2&c=578035

I also welcome feedback unless it's negative. Then you may keep it to yourself. Please, only back patting in this thread.

JBucc
10-10-2006, 10:14 PM
We're Doooooood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donger
10-10-2006, 10:16 PM
http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=2&c=578035

I also welcome feedback unless it's negative. Then you may keep it to yourself. Please, only back patting in this thread.

In our preseason Warpaint Illustrated issue, this author predicted the Chargers would run away with the AFC West and eventually land in the Super Bowl. I'll continue to remind you of this until the Chargers flop miserably. At that point, I'll thank you not to remind me. Thanks in advance.

That's just cruel.

OnTheWarpath15
10-10-2006, 10:18 PM
In our preseason Warpaint Illustrated issue, this author predicted the Chargers would run away with the AFC West and eventually land in the Super Bowl. I'll continue to remind you of this until the Chargers flop miserably. At that point, I'll thank you not to remind me. Thanks in advance.

:cuss:

DAMNIT CARL!!

:cuss:

Halfcan
10-10-2006, 10:19 PM
Nice one-getting better every time.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2006, 10:19 PM
Beste riter at Warepant Illustraitedd

Donger
10-10-2006, 10:23 PM
Trite. Clichéd. Inane.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2006, 10:24 PM
Cliche-ridden POS!

Hammock Parties
10-10-2006, 10:25 PM
Your articles are dry and boring.

Donger
10-10-2006, 10:26 PM
Your articles are dry and boring.

Misery adores company.

Phobia
10-10-2006, 10:27 PM
My crap may be crap but it's not boring crap.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2006, 10:27 PM
Where are the references to famous literature?

GOOD GOD, YOU SUCK.

Donger
10-10-2006, 10:28 PM

GOOD GOD, YOU SUCK.

It was the best of times, and then GoChiefs and Phobia started 'writing.'

Halfcan
10-10-2006, 10:29 PM

GOOD GOD, YOU SUCK.

ROFL Actually you HAVE done a great job with the references.

Phobia
10-10-2006, 10:34 PM

GOOD GOD, YOU SUCK.

I think I had a Nancy Drew reference a couple of columns ago.

Easy 6
10-10-2006, 11:07 PM
Well it certainly wasnt dry toast n' coffee.

Phobia
10-11-2006, 08:23 AM
Well it certainly wasnt dry toast n' coffee.

Thanks, I think.

Easy 6
10-11-2006, 08:31 AM
Thanks, I think.
I think i've seen tighter work from you but it does have more pop than most of the "traditionalists" that just recite crap by rote. IMHO B- , thats a passing grade in my book.

Phobia
10-11-2006, 08:46 AM
Cool. That's the role I'm looking to play. You're not gonna get any fancy journalism from my read. You'll get some facts, some speculation, some unique analysis and a little humor. I'm a fan and I'm not trying to be something I'm not.

Easy 6
10-11-2006, 08:52 AM
Cool. That's the role I'm looking to play. You're not gonna get any fancy journalism from my read. You'll get some facts, some speculation, some unique analysis and a little humor. I'm a fan and I'm not trying to be something I'm not.
I believe you are entirely capable of fancy journalism but often fancy=boring. I prefer an entertaining piece to "by the book" stuff.

redbrian
10-11-2006, 08:52 AM
Since you are combining a positive and negative it should be 2-2 or 2+(-2) :p

Phobia
10-11-2006, 08:59 AM
Since you are combining a positive and negative it should be 2-2 or 2+(-2) :p

The punch line revealing that you're left with nothing?

Thanks a lot for that Brian. You really know how to make a guy feel good. Heh heh.

Phobia
10-11-2006, 09:04 AM
I believe you are entirely capable of fancy journalism but often fancy=boring. I prefer an entertaining piece to "by the book" stuff.

I've been reading Chiefs coverage for a lot of years. I'm frequently bored by a writer just filling space to meet a deadline or a word minimum. I want something of substance when I give my time to an article. I don't want a game recap and I don't want a bunch of negativity. Finally, I don't want to read about the same crap I've been hearing on the radio and already reading on the internet. So, I think I'm doing a good job of bringing something new. I *think* I am. If I ever get off track or too big for my britches I trust you guys will reel me in.

joesomebody
10-11-2006, 09:10 AM
I liked it. Other than reminding me how good the Chargers are right now, I liked it. Next time though, please throw in some negative about Denver. Oakland negatives are nice, now round it off with some Denver news that will make me smile.

Eleazar
10-11-2006, 09:32 AM

That's good.

A refreshing change from people who fancy themselves bigtime sportswriters who just got a raise from a website that sounds like an AOL screen name ;)

Hammock Parties
10-11-2006, 09:33 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Cormac
10-11-2006, 10:24 AM
June Jones?

Phobia
10-11-2006, 10:44 AM
June Jones?

No, but I'm rather fond of April....

Mike Riley

Ebolapox
10-11-2006, 11:31 AM
...some speculation...

from WPI?!?

no....IT CAN'T BE!!!

Hootie
10-11-2006, 11:32 AM
Mike Riley

DaneMcCloud
10-11-2006, 11:35 AM

I prefer January Jones, but to each his own. :)

milkman
10-11-2006, 12:03 PM
That was not mind numbingly boring, so you got that going for you.

Mike Riley?

HemiEd
10-11-2006, 12:26 PM
Mike Riley?

SPchief
10-11-2006, 12:38 PM
Good article save the Sandy Eggo reference.

Mike Riley?

Phobia
10-11-2006, 01:25 PM
What's wrong with the Sandy Eggo reference? The fact that it's true or that I'm rubbing it in?

Bob Dole
10-11-2006, 01:36 PM
Can someone please post the article text? Bob Dole's employer recently subscribed to a service that blocks websites that fail to meet decency standards.

HC_Chief
10-11-2006, 01:48 PM
Can someone please post the article text? Bob Dole's employer recently subscribed to a service that blocks websites that fail to meet decency standards.
Two Plus Two: Let's Hold Onto the Ball

Parker needs more of these and fewer drops. By Phil Kloster
Warpaint Illustrated Columnist
Posted Oct 10, 2006

It's Tuesday again. Two more positive points and two more negative. Every Tuesday, even when the Chiefs don't play. Dear publisher, how much longer do I need to explain the format? Depending on how twisted a Chiefs fan you are, you might assign the following to different categories than I did.

The 2000 San Diego Chargers won a solitary game during their entire 16-game schedule. That game was against a Kansas City Chiefs squad "led" by Warren Moon. I challenge any Chiefs fan to tell me who the Chargers head coach was that year..... moving on.

I believe the Oakland Raiders stand a legitimate chance of completing a winless year in 2006. I've felt that way all season despite their 4-1 preseason. Art Shell's squad has three realistic opportunities to get into the win column: Arizona at home on October 22nd, Houston at the Coliseum Dec 3rd, and yes, the Chiefs visit them two days before Christmas. Hopefully Al Davis will still awaken to a lump of coal in his jumpsuit Christmas day. No matter how poorly or how well each team has done, the Chiefs/Raiders games are more often closely contested than blowouts for either side. I'm reminded of the Dallas/Redskins rivalry in the 90's when the Redskins frequently found a way to steal a game from the dynastic Cowboys.

Trent Green's starting streak was second behind Brett Favre for current starting quarterbacks. Will Shields’ consecutive starts streak is just a couple games behind Favre's among active players. Up until a few short weeks ago, the Chiefs had been incredibly blessed in the injury department. With Trent Green, Benny Sapp, Will Svitek and Michael Bennett already early scratches for the visit to Heinz Field and Hall, Scanlon and Turley questionable, the Chiefs’ luck has run out. Team Physician Jon Browne's wife has filed a missing persons report with the local police. The family hasn't seen him at home since KC’s bye week. The Chiefs could use another bye week soon. If ever there were a time for Lamar Hunt to call in some favors from the league office, now is that time. So, maybe we could push that Steelers game to Jan 7th? I guess we should be thankful Larry Johnson will suit up Sunday.

Kansas City’s receivers and backs combined to drop three critical balls against Arizona. These weren't balls that glanced off their fingertips so they qualify for the "should have caught them" technicality. Damon Huard delivered these throws directly to his receivers. I've been known to exaggerate slightly, but if my three-year old daughter dropped balls of comparable catchability, she'd be running laps. What makes this point a positive is that Chiefs backs, receivers and tight ends caught 26 of the 38 balls thrown. The same guys who made high-profile drops Sunday are also making acrobatic leaps to snatch Huard’s throws out of the air and vault him near the top of the league in quarterback efficiency. He sits a mere 1.5 points behind league leader David Carr. A team can't ask a backup quarterback to play better.

The Chiefs schedule in weeks six through nine looked incredibly difficult at first glance back in April. Kansas City visits the Pittsburgh Steelers this coming Sunday. Fortunately, Ben Roethlisberger has yet to get on track after his nasty offseason motorcycle mishap and recent laparoscopic appendectomy. Pittsburgh sits at a weak 1-3 and looks nothing like the team they were in December and January mere months ago. The Chiefs strive to leave them 1-4 and return to Kansas City above .500 for the first time in 2006.

The division-leading Chargers visit Kansas City Oct 22nd and will be a real test for KC’s offense. San Diego leads the league in total defense. In our preseason Warpaint Illustrated issue, this author predicted the Chargers would run away with the AFC West and eventually land in the Super Bowl. I'll continue to remind you of this until the Chargers flop miserably. At that point, I'll thank you not to remind me. Thanks in advance.

Finally, the Seattle Seahawks visit Arrowhead the last Sunday in October. Their only loss of the year has been to the dominating Chicago Bears. Still, like the Steelers, they look to me like they've fallen off a notch in talent and execution since January.

How do you think they'll fare? Drop by the Arrowhead Club on our Warpaint Forums for further discussion

Phobia
10-11-2006, 02:01 PM

Hahahahahahaha.

Cormac
10-11-2006, 02:12 PM

Mike Riley

Aaah....Mike "youwantfrieswiththat?" Riley.

Bob Dole
10-11-2006, 03:12 PM
Thanks HC_Chief.