PDA

View Full Version : Planet IM update: Now should work to talk to other jabber networks

morphius
10-11-2006, 09:14 AM
Thread title says it all, nothing too exciting. I'm not sure if it was able to before or not, but I made some changes that they said would work.

Basically you should be able to talk to anyone in the "federated" jabber world with your @chiefsplanet.com address, including people using google talk.

Still need to have the email fixed from our server so that people can change their email address to chiefsplanet, I just don't have access to fix it.

morphius

Bowser
10-11-2006, 09:24 AM
You want to impress? Have free coffee and doughnuts waiting for us every morning.

:)

morphius
10-11-2006, 09:35 AM
Well, I did say it was nothing too exciting...

Bowser
10-11-2006, 09:43 AM
Well, I did say it was nothing too exciting...

Don't let smartasses like me, who are lucky to open the intraweb properly, deter you. You've done a great job.

morphius
10-11-2006, 09:48 AM
Don't let smartasses like me, who are lucky to open the intraweb properly, deter you. You've done a great job.
Oh, I know it was a smartass comment. I thought about putting up a picture of a doughnut and coffee for you to look at every morning.

StcChief
10-11-2006, 09:50 AM
:clap: good work. Glad to see things moving forward

morphius
10-11-2006, 10:03 AM
:clap: good work. Glad to see things moving forward
Yeah, I have been playing with ajax chats for the BB as well, this is another one that I have been working on...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/chatplanet/

DaFace
10-11-2006, 10:34 AM
Yeah, I have been playing with ajax chats for the BB as well, this is another one that I have been working on...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/chatplanet/

I think that, overall, that's going to be a much better choice. Much faster, it's cool to have the header, and it's nice to have the same smileys we've all grown to love. :thumb:

sedated
10-11-2006, 10:36 AM
You want to impress? Have free coffee and doughnuts waiting for us every morning.

:)

I could use a neck rub, too

morphius
10-11-2006, 10:38 AM
I think that, overall, that's going to be a much better choice. Much faster, it's cool to have the header, and it's nice to have the same smileys we've all grown to love. :thumb:
Yeah, didn't take long to figure out how to switch the smiles, though it did confuse me for a bit. The old one would let you, but it wasn't following it's own documentation as far as I could tell. I'm going to keep an eye on them all to see how they proceed. Both are looking at eventually being able to hook directly into vB so that would be sweet.

ChiefsfaninPA
10-11-2006, 10:39 AM
I could use a neck rub, too

This thread is starting to turn queer.

Jilly
10-11-2006, 10:42 AM
so that chat room was cool, how do you get to it from this board, besides the link posted above?

morphius
10-11-2006, 10:45 AM
so that chat room was cool, how do you get to it from this board, besides the link posted above?
I'll change it in the upper Planet dropdown so that it goes to the new chat instead. I just wasn't sure I was done playing with it yet, you know how us guys are...

Jilly
10-11-2006, 10:49 AM
you mean not wanting to drop down? Or not ever being done playing with it?