PDA

View Full Version : Ronnie Cruz on Sirius

penchief
10-12-2006, 01:25 PM
Ronnie Cruz was on Sirius earlier today. He sounds like a real level headed individual. He sounded genuine and down to earth. I liked what I heard a lot.

He talked about the upcoming game against the Steelers. He said that the first quarter was important. Said if they can survive the first quarter they know they'll have a good chance. I really liked his confidence about the team. Said the team has confidence. When he talks about the offense he sounds like he has a real understanding of everybody's role.

Talked about Tony Richardson's influence on his own work habits and preparation. Said that he got a lot from TRich because they both came into the NFL on similar terms. Because of that, he paid close attention to Tony's advice. Said that he tries to prepare for games, watch film, and practice like Tony did.

When asked questions about Pittsburgh's defense his responses were informed. He responded in a way that gave the proper respect to his opponents but also made it clear that he knew what his job was and that he was ready to take care of business.

Overall, I really liked what I heard and I think it's possible that the organization's opinion of him may have contributed to the decision to let Tony Richardon go.

I love Tony and wish we still had him but I feel good about Ronnie Cruz.

Wa-Z
10-12-2006, 01:37 PM
That's good to hear. Now if he'd use Tony's advice during gameplay...

Halfcan
10-12-2006, 01:39 PM
Cruz needs the ball more.

KC-TBB
10-12-2006, 01:41 PM
He runs hard...seems to block well too.

Hoover
10-12-2006, 01:42 PM
Bring Back Kimball Andrews

runnercyclist
10-12-2006, 01:44 PM
Wonder if his interview was from the Cruz deck?

TrickyNicky
10-12-2006, 01:46 PM
Cruz Missile!

KC-TBB
10-12-2006, 01:48 PM
Cruzin, on a sunny afternoon...

TinyEvel
10-12-2006, 01:59 PM
let's just hope there's never a booze Cruz.

Halfcan
10-12-2006, 02:14 PM
I wonder how Hist brother Tom is doing?

Anyong Bluth
10-12-2006, 02:15 PM
Anders... not familiar with this Andrews chap?

ptlyon
10-12-2006, 02:16 PM
Is he the guy that drives the funny car?

el borracho
10-12-2006, 02:33 PM
I wonder how Hist brother Tom is doing?
I'm more interested in his sister Penelope. :hump:

Monty
10-12-2006, 03:17 PM
Anders... not familiar with this Andrews chap?

Sure you do. He used to play FB when Marcel Allen was the RB for the Chiefs.

jidar
10-12-2006, 03:19 PM
Cruz has been a nice surprise this season.

Baby Lee
10-12-2006, 03:27 PM
Sure you do. He used to play FB when Marcel Allen was the RB for the Chiefs.
I miss the 1-2 punch of Christian Okunleye and Barney Ward.

sedated
10-12-2006, 03:30 PM
Cruz does need the ball more.

He made 2 big plays against the Cardinals.

I'm still not sure if LJ's lack of success is due to Cruz or the line as a whole (probably a combination)

DaFace
10-12-2006, 03:34 PM
Cruz does need the ball more.

He made 2 big plays against the Cardinals.

I'm still not sure if LJ's lack of success is due to Cruz or the line as a whole (probably a combination)

I think teams are overlooking him. They're keying so much on LJ that as soon as they see he doesn't have the ball they immediately think "pass." That's allowed Cruz to get a few yards before anyone even contacts him.

the Talking Can
10-12-2006, 03:55 PM
Cruz is getting better, you can see it...he still doesn't blow people up like T-Rich, but he's learning..and he made a nice play for a 1st down against Arizona..showed a move...

sedated
10-12-2006, 04:02 PM
Iallowed Cruz to get a few yards before anyone even contacts him.

the plays I was referencing were the 3rd down plays that he fought through a tackle and got the first down.

but you could be right

DaFace
10-12-2006, 04:12 PM
the plays I was referencing were the 3rd down plays that he fought through a tackle and got the first down.

but you could be right

I'm not taking anything away from him. He's definitely been making plays. I just think he's getting good opportunities due to the overfocus on LJ.

Anyong Bluth
10-12-2006, 04:20 PM
I can't say Cruz has stood out one way or another to me this season, but then again most fullbacks shouldn't be getting much hype unless you see them laying huge blocks to spring their back or save their QB. LJ can block about as well as a Brittney Spears' diaphragm.

For those pissed about TRich bouncing. Do realize the numbers he was given by the Vikings are unheard of ever for a FB. The new coach in 'Sota put the poison pill in the contract for Steve Hutchinson, and they way they structured TRich's deal and the $ that was assured just didn't make sense for the Chiefs to do it.

Like I said before, I worked for 2 NFL agents last spring and I saw the breakdown. The Chiefs didn't want to part ways, in fact, Carl has left an opening for Tony when he finishes playing to work in the Chiefs front office. They get along very well. A lot of you would be surprised by CP on a 1 on 1 daily basis.

But sounds like Cruz has his head on straight and decided to actually learn from a future Hall of Fame Fullback- if they ever actually elected Fullbacks but once in a blue moon.

On the brightside, you can at least hope that TRich's locker room leadership will transfer over to the front office. Should be a very interesting time up there with Lamar winding down his input and his son have a very much more aggressive attitude towards the Chiefs franchise.

penchief
10-12-2006, 04:24 PM
A couple things I forgot earlier.

He has a lot of gratitude toward Vermeil for giving him a shot as a rookie free agent. Also, he's looking forward to Turley being back this sunday. The impression I got from listening to him was that the team feels more comfortable when Turley's playing left tackle.

Anyong Bluth
10-12-2006, 04:45 PM
I'm sure everyone is more than happy that Black won't be in there. Seriously, is he a guard or what... this guys just doesn't seem to have much of a chance being an NFL T... ? I'm past ripping the guy, lets at least get some value out of his salary and find some where he can contribute other than punt coverage, of course.

Hog Rider
10-12-2006, 04:50 PM
Cruz Control!

Marcellus
10-12-2006, 06:24 PM
Cruz Missile

Hammock Parties
10-12-2006, 06:25 PM
Black is starting, actually.

Hootie
10-12-2006, 06:28 PM
Black is starting, actually.
Not that rotoworld is all-knowing...

Kyle Turley was upgraded to probable after practicing Thursday.
Turley will re-join Kansas City's starting lineup in Pittsburgh.

Marcellus
10-12-2006, 06:47 PM

Last I heard Herm said he was using Turley as a back up. Wanted to keep the same line out there for 2 games for the first time.

Direckshun
10-12-2006, 06:51 PM

Not according to Herman Edwards.

And I agree with him. How many times can you shuffle an O line and expect it to be more effective?

Anyong Bluth
10-12-2006, 07:32 PM
Is Joe Valerio available if Turley can't make it? Have him report elligible every down and confuse the piss out of the Steelers.