PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever sell/buy collection judgments?

chris
10-13-2006, 08:06 PM
Wonder how that process works.

I have a $100K judgment against a pro basketball player and the attorney bills keep growing.

We have liens filed in FL against real estate. And filing garnishment papers next week.

I would consider selling the paper.

thanks

unlurking
10-13-2006, 08:12 PM
Watch late night TV. There's always attorney offices offering to buy those. Unfortunately, you only get about .30 on the dollar. Is the ball player any good? I'd start calling the press trying to get pressure on him if he actually has the money to pay it.

chris
10-13-2006, 08:25 PM
Watch late night TV. There's always attorney offices offering to buy those. Unfortunately, you only get about .30 on the dollar. Is the ball player any good? I'd start calling the press trying to get pressure on him if he actually has the money to pay it.

thanks

Often wondered what who happen if I called the press and told them about player having judgment and wages garnished.

Hammock Parties
10-13-2006, 08:27 PM
What did he do? Screw your wife?

chris
10-13-2006, 08:30 PM
thanks

$60K/damage to rental house+40K legal lees.

Mosbonian
10-13-2006, 08:33 PM
Wonder how that process works.

I have a $100K judgment against a pro basketball player and the attorney bills keep growing.

We have liens filed in FL against real estate. And filing garnishment papers next week.

I would consider selling the paper.

thanks

chris:

There are debt buyers everywhere....the problem is that most are in it to make a large profit on someone else's misfortune. And in most cases getting .30 on a dollar is a bit optimistic.

What has your attorney told you about your chances in Florida? You do realize that Florida is considered a "debtor state", where the laws favor the debtor not the creditor.

mmaddog

runnercyclist
10-13-2006, 08:34 PM
Who is the schlock?

Mosbonian
10-13-2006, 08:36 PM
I'd start calling the press trying to get pressure on him if he actually has the money to pay it.

Bad idea.....:harumph:

mmaddog

chris
10-13-2006, 08:44 PM
Bad idea.....:harumph:

mmaddog

that is what I think....as much as I've wanted to.....slander

chris
10-13-2006, 08:47 PM
chris:

There are debt buyers everywhere....the problem is that most are in it to make a large profit on someone else's misfortune. And in most cases getting .30 on a dollar is a bit optimistic.

What has your attorney told you about your chances in Florida? You do realize that Florida is considered a "debtor state", where the laws favor the debtor not the creditor.

mmaddog

the attorney stated that as the defendant is a high networth ind. with no family and $1MM house, that he can't stop us from filing lien on house. Plus we're exploring seizing automobile assets and selling them. Anybody interested in a Bentley??? :)

Skip Towne
10-13-2006, 09:17 PM
It's not slander if it's the truth.
The truth? Who ever tells the truth?

Mr. Flopnuts
10-13-2006, 10:33 PM
the attorney stated that as the defendant is a high networth ind. with no family and $1MM house, that he can't stop us from filing lien on house. Plus we're exploring seizing automobile assets and selling them. Anybody interested in a Bentley??? :)

Check your PM's.