PDA

View Full Version : Fox Analyst Steve Lyons Fired

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-14-2006, 02:55 PM
Over "racially insensitive remark" directed towards Lou Pinella during yesterday's game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-alcs-fox-lyonsfired&prov=ap&type=lgns

Anyone catch this live??

JBucc
10-14-2006, 03:02 PM
I didn't know Lou Pinella was hispanic.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-14-2006, 03:03 PM
Me either, I always figured he was Italian.

Spott
10-14-2006, 03:06 PM
Lou Pinella is a racist cracka.

HemiEd
10-14-2006, 03:10 PM
That was funny, he should have been given a raise.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-14-2006, 03:13 PM
It drives me crazy to watch Haren just mow down the Tigers...you should be in a Cardinal uniform, you sonofabitch!!

Dammit Walt :cuss:

10-14-2006, 03:13 PM
He got fired for that???

He didn't say anything that was that bad

Al Bundy
10-14-2006, 05:03 PM
bill, you are correct. People who aren't white say far worse things on a daily basis. Ohh well chalk this one up to Fox trying to get ahead of it. Lou Pinella makes the ALCS unwatchable. He is BY FAR the worst commentator on a major network, hell Fred White is 1000 times the announcer Lou Pinella is/was/ever will be.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-14-2006, 05:04 PM
Pinella sounds mildly retarded, IMO.

splatbass
10-14-2006, 05:16 PM
He got fired for that???

He didn't say anything that was that bad

It doesn't sound too bad to me either.

10-14-2006, 05:17 PM
bill, you are correct. People who aren't white say far worse things on a daily basis. Ohh well chalk this one up to Fox trying to get ahead of it. Lou Pinella makes the ALCS unwatchable. He is BY FAR the worst commentator on a major network, hell Fred White is 1000 times the announcer Lou Pinella is/was/ever will be.
Pinella does suck..and so did Lyons..

Hopefully Pinella will slip up and say something Fox doesn't like..then he can get fired too..

And maybe Pinella would lose it on the air after the firing..and make Hamas's day ;)

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-14-2006, 05:23 PM
Pinella does suck..and so did Lyons..

Hopefully Pinella will slip up and say something Fox doesn't like..then he can get fired too..

And maybe Pinella would lose it on the air after the firing..and make Hamas's day ;)

***Following the firing of Lou Pinella for the disembowelment of Thom Brennaman over an argument regarding balls and strikes, Fox announces that it will hire ChiefsPlanet poster " 'Hamas' Jenkins " as their new play by play announcer...

all games will now be broadcast on a 12 second delay.

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

10-14-2006, 05:26 PM
***Following the firing of Lou Pinella for the disembowelment of Thom Brennaman over an argument regarding balls and strikes, Fox announces that it will hire ChiefsPlanet poster " 'Hamas' Jenkins " as their new play by play announcer...

ROFL ROFL

NaptownChief
10-14-2006, 09:31 PM
He should have said something like this:

"Kill the white people; we gonna make them hurt; kill the white people; but buy my record first; ha, ha, ha";

Then he could have moved on to becoming a paid spokesperson for Wal Mart, Revlon...be given movie deals and so on.

We need to make sure that we continue to punish horrible people like Steve Lyons and make sure we do are best to help boost up the good people like Queen Latifah.

FloridaMan88
10-14-2006, 09:42 PM
I'm surprised FOX fired him. After all, FOX's sister cable news channel employs an entire stable of insensitive bigots who make it a habit to talk out of their asses

chagrin
10-14-2006, 09:45 PM
Lou Pinella is a racist cracka.

Banyon, is that you?

chagrin
10-14-2006, 09:46 PM
Me either, I always figured he was Italian.

So, you admit basing a shallow judgment on a guy based upon his last name? That's not very liberal of you dude... :p

settle down, i'm only halfway kidding

Coach
10-14-2006, 09:54 PM
I'm sure Pinella won't be on the announcing crew for awhile, since he is the Chicago Cubs choice for being the manager in Chicago.

Of course, it depends on how much Lou is asking and how much the Cubs are going to offer as well.

Rausch
10-14-2006, 09:57 PM
Sounds like he's been sipping on Mike Shannon's secret stash...

10-14-2006, 09:59 PM

I forgot to add that your color commentator on the games will be the legendary owner of the ''keyboard of doom'', Iowanian..

DaneMcCloud
10-14-2006, 11:01 PM
Actually, I was watching the game and heard the comments. I was flabbergasted that he said those things, live on air. I took it to mean that he didn't understand or like Hispanic people and that they were all thiefs (hence the "I can't find my wallet" thing).

I guess it's gonna take some people longer than others to realize that the Latin culture is invested just as much or even more into baseball than White Americans.

Rausch
10-14-2006, 11:09 PM
I guess it's gonna take some people longer than others to realize that the Latin culture is invested just as much or even more into baseball than White Americans.

Exactly.

If more people liked hispanics and hated baseball this would be a MUCH better country...

Skip Towne
10-14-2006, 11:16 PM
Indeed, Biesbol has been bery bery good to me. Actually, I like the Mexicans. I work for them quite a lot and they are very easy to work for. (Blacks too). My techs fight over the jobs for Hispanics and blacks as opposed to the "rich" white folks of south Tulsa.

Rausch
10-14-2006, 11:32 PM
Indeed, Biesbol has been bery bery good to me. Actually, I like the Mexicans. I work for them quite a lot and they are very easy to work for. (Blacks too). My techs fight over the jobs for Hispanics and blacks as opposed to the "rich" white folks of south Tulsa.

On a related note I'm still trying to get locals installed while keeping my E/W coast feeds.

Any ideas?...

TinyEvel
10-14-2006, 11:36 PM
See? THIS is what happens when you let foreigners and people of color play in professional sports.

KEEP OUR ANNOUNCERS SAFE! KEEP SPORTS WHITE!

(if anyone missed it. This is a sarcastic lampoon of narrow-minded people who are prejudiced against people of color and foreigners in sports, or anywhere else, for that matter. Don't be a hater!)

Skip Towne
10-14-2006, 11:50 PM
On a related note I'm still trying to get locals installed while keeping my E/W coast feeds.

Any ideas?...
Good question. Really the question is how you got the E/W feeds to begin with. You really have to live in Bumfuk, Egypt to qualify for them. But if you have the 3 LNB Oval dish that is required for locals you should just be able to call and have your locals turned on. Unless there is some kind of trigger to red flag it you should start getting both E/W and your locals. I would try to turn the locals on yourself by going to Directv.com and see if you can do it. I know you can change your programming that way but I'm not sure if you can turn on your own locals. Let me know what you find out.

runnercyclist
10-15-2006, 06:44 AM
Pinella sounds mildly retarded, IMO.

Pinella is mildly retarded. Talk about "Psycho"! How'd you this asshat managing your team?

carlos3652
10-15-2006, 08:31 AM
Piniella had made an analogy involving the luck of finding a wallet, then briefly used a couple of Spanish phrases during Friday's broadcast.

Lyons said that Piniella was "hablaing Espanol" -- butchering the conjugation for the word "to speak" -- and added, "I still can't find my wallet."

"I don't understand him, and I don't want to sit too close to him now," Lyons continued.

Lyons claimed he was kidding.

carlos3652
10-15-2006, 08:34 AM
geez.... you cant make fun of anybody on air... he was just having fun with Lou...