PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy advice (matchup and trade)

DJay23
10-14-2006, 04:52 PM
Ok, so I'm loaded at WR. We start 2 in my league in which i am the defending champ and i REALLY want to repeat (we have a sweet travelling trophy with the year's winner engraved on a plate at the base).

Right now I am 4-1 and pretty much rolling through my league. I am happy with my lineup with the exception of RB depth. I don't feel as comfortable with my backs as I did last year (Edge and Tiki). So I'm thinking of trading a WR to a guy with weak WR and decent RB for some RB depth.

Here is my lineup:

QB: Bulger, Kitna
RB: R. Brown, C. Williams, F. Taylor, N. Herron
WR: Holt, S. Moss, P. Burress, R. Brown, Jurevicius
TE: LJ Smith, Wiggins
K: J. Brown, Scobee
D/ST: Baltimore, Kansas City

What I'm thinking: I'd like to dangle Santana Moss out there. I figure, I dont' want to part with my best WR (Holt) and I don't knwo if I could get as much for Burress or Brown as I could for Moss' potential explosiveness. Looking through the other rosters, there's a guy who has weak WR that I could try to trade for Thomas Jones. Another guy has both McGahee and Gore (In addition to R. Johnson).

So I think my first attempt will be Moss for McGahee. If that's a no go, try for Thomas Jones (the presence of Cedric Benson sorta scares me).

Or should I just put him up in general and see what i get?

Hootie
10-14-2006, 05:01 PM
Sell Plaxico while he's still hot.

DJay23
10-14-2006, 05:03 PM
Sell Plaxico while he's still hot.
good point. he is wont to go batshit

Hootie
10-14-2006, 05:05 PM
If New York falls out of contention, I see Coughlin doing something about Plaxico's attitude problem (and fumblitis)...