PDA

View Full Version : TIGERS BABY!!

chagrin
10-14-2006, 05:54 PM
WHOO!!!!

Detroit Tigers in the World Series!!!!!!

bigfoot
10-14-2006, 06:28 PM
You seem happy--Congrats!

chagrin
10-14-2006, 06:52 PM
Lived there for 8 years befroe I moved here and have been a fan since about 1995, maybe not a lifelong fan but I paid my dues, went to the games, waqtched them suck, I am stoked! I just wish I still lived there for this.

chop
10-14-2006, 07:08 PM
I'm a life long Royals fan but I did get into their season this year. I went to a couple of games this year. They have a very nice ball park. I like it alot more than I the old Tiger stadium. It will be great if they end up winning the World Series.

bigfoot
10-14-2006, 07:21 PM
WS after 12 straight losing seasons right?

What a turnaround.

Marcellus
10-14-2006, 07:29 PM
Lost 119 games 2 years ago. That is practically a miracle not a turnaround.

I wondered why Pudge went there when he did. I guess they knew what they were doing.

JohninGpt
10-14-2006, 07:47 PM
You seem happy--Congrats!
I don't know if I'm happy or not. Maybe more puzzled, how come they can do that, when all the Royals can manage is an occasional upswing on that deathspiral they've been on for the past 20 years.

chagrin
10-14-2006, 07:52 PM
When Dombrpowski came in he promised to turn it around, and insisted that folks just sit tight for a few years and he'd get it done. Good job Ilich for sticking with him and relaizing you need to hire good people and stay with them, not trading away your future, but bring in a few solid vets, to make things work.

Comaerica Park is quite beautiful actually, doesn't have the old style charm that Tigers Stadium had obviously, but this is a nice start!

Frazod
10-14-2006, 07:54 PM
They finish the regular season getting swept by the Royals, and regardless of the outcome of the NLCS, they'll be favored in the World Series.

Damn, that's bizarre.

But congratulations. I don't like the idea of a team from Oakland winning a championship of any kind.

JohninGpt
10-14-2006, 08:02 PM
They finish the regular season getting swept by the Royals...
To let the Twinkies in to get beat by the A's, to lose to the Tigers. All right, the Royals threw a lot of weight in the playoffs.
I hope one day the can do it for they're selves again.

BWillie
10-14-2006, 08:05 PM
I'm really looking forward to Kenny Rogers steppin' up and throwin some more scoreless innings. That guy has been amazing in the post season so far this year. Something like 17 innings scoreless in a row. He rarely lets anything out, but you can tell he's much more emotional as of late and wants this World Series before he's old enough to get a walker. Go Kenny

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-14-2006, 08:16 PM
When Dombrpowski came in he promised to turn it around, and insisted that folks just sit tight for a few years and he'd get it done. Good job Ilich for sticking with him and relaizing you need to hire good people and stay with them, not trading away your future, but bring in a few solid vets, to make things work.

Comaerica Park is quite beautiful actually, doesn't have the old style charm that Tigers Stadium had obviously, but this is a nice start!

Hmm..

Comerica was pretty nice, but I can't say it was all that memorable. The fountains are kind of a Kauffman rip off and the concessions don't really stand out...with that being said, the team that occupies the park is 10x more important than the park itself.

Of the parks I've been to, I'd rank them this way:

1. PNC (just stunning in every way)
2. Kauffman
3. Fenway (only for the history)
4. Comerica
5. Busch II (b/c I'm a cards homer)
6. Jacobs Field

chagrin
10-14-2006, 08:25 PM
Hmm..

Comerica was pretty nice, but I can't say it was all that memorable. The fountains are kind of a Kauffman rip off and the concessions don't really stand out...with that being said, the team that occupies the park is 10x more important than the park itself.

Of the parks I've been to, I'd rank them this way:

1. PNC (just stunning in every way)
2. Kauffman
3. Fenway (only for the history)
4. Comerica
5. Busch II (b/c I'm a cards homer)
6. Jacobs Field

You are probably right on that, I am not a lifelong Baseball fan, and haven't been but to a couple of parks - Coors Field when it first opened, was tons of fun, and at least them team that occupied it was exciting to watch the first few years. I certainly don't mean to put it in the same catergory as those you've listed, just as one that I have been to, but no, it's not classic at all.
I hear also that Jacobs is kick ass, and I did attend a game years ago in St. Louis, that was a very nice park, I really enjoyed the 'feel' there, fans are great, but then again I also like St. Louis as a city itself. I would like to see Busch II.

Sam Hall
10-14-2006, 08:57 PM
I think the Tigers will beat the hell out of whoever they face in the World Series. I don't give a rat's ass who it is. I'm calling for a sweep.

Frazod
10-14-2006, 09:01 PM
I think the Tigers will beat the hell out of whoever they face in the World Series. I don't give a rat's ass who it is. I'm calling for a sweep.

That would make it three years in a row by three different teams; I just don't see that happening. But I do think they'll win.

Rausch
10-14-2006, 09:21 PM
They finish the regular season getting swept by the Royals, and regardless of the outcome of the NLCS, they'll be favored in the World Series.

Damn, that's bizarre.

I'm almost convinced that @$$hole in NY told his team to choke a few to convince the 7 MLB fans left there's no need for a salary cap...