PDA

View Full Version : Miami and Florida International Brawl

Basileus777
10-14-2006, 07:26 PM
Nastiest brawl I have seen in a while. There was punching, stomping, and helmet throwing. The U, what a bunch of thugs. Brandon Merriweather might just lose his first round status for his Marcus Vick impression.

Here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JWeE9KqZjQ

JBucc
10-14-2006, 07:30 PM
Miami is pathetic. I hope they stay at the bottom for a long long time.

Bugeater
10-14-2006, 07:31 PM
Haha, the U at it's best.

Coach
10-14-2006, 07:33 PM
Wow... wonder if this will be shown on ESPN soon...

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-14-2006, 07:36 PM
Gotta hate the U.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3X60mrYO1UU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3X60mrYO1UU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Sure-Oz
10-14-2006, 07:38 PM
The guy that threw or used the helmet as a weapon should be kicked off the team, ridiculous.

KCFalcon59
10-14-2006, 07:44 PM
That was wild. Lot of players going to be suspended from both teams.

chagrin
10-14-2006, 07:44 PM
Yeah, but the FIU guys were just as responsible for this. Holy cow, both temas should be suspended for the rest of the year.
Furthermore, Miami should be precluded from recruiting such pieces of shit from here on out.

Coach
10-14-2006, 07:45 PM
Holy shit...

That's resemblent of the Pacers/Pistons brawl, only worse.

The f**ksticks who were involved should be kicked off w/o questions asked. And from what I saw, it's a very high number of players on both sides.

FloridaMan88
10-14-2006, 07:46 PM
As a 'Canes fan this is great news. This adds another nail to Larry Coker's coffin... not to mention the fact the 'Canes are struggling to beat a cupcake like FIU.

It is worthing noting though that an FIU player instigated the fight (which is why 8 FIU players were ejected).

The biggest over-reaction to this so far is from Robert Smith on ESPN News who wants the Miami-Dade County prosecutor to throw both teams in jail.

ROFL

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-14-2006, 07:47 PM
Should the NCAA use the "death penalty" on the U, ala SMU??? :shrug:

chagrin
10-14-2006, 07:49 PM
As a 'Canes fan this is great news. This adds another nail to Larry Coker's coffin... not to mention the fact the 'Canes are struggling to beat a cupcake like FIU.

It is worthing noting though that an FIU player instigated the fight (which is why 8 FIU players were ejected).

The biggest over-reaction to this so far is from Robert Smith on ESPN News who wants the Miami-Dade County prosecutor to throw both teams in jail.

ROFL

Oh, I didn't realize Coker taught those low life pieces of ghetto shit to stomp on players legs and throw helmets, as part of Miami football. :shake:

Sure-Oz
10-14-2006, 07:50 PM
Coker has no control of his thugs

FloridaMan88
10-14-2006, 07:50 PM
Haha, the U at it's best.

Just like in the 2001 Rose Bowl.

Bugeater
10-14-2006, 07:59 PM
Just like in the 2001 Rose Bowl.
Pfft. We didn't even belong in that game. The U just got lucky that the NCAA allowed that atrocity to occur.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-14-2006, 08:09 PM
From the AP story:

and one injured FIU player came onto the field swinging a crutch at Miami players.

:LOL:

BWillie
10-14-2006, 08:14 PM
Time to welcome little Stoops

Basileus777
10-14-2006, 08:17 PM
Meriweather and Reddick weren't ejected. :shake:

Reddick was swinging his helmet while Merriweather kept stomped on a guy about 50 times. The need to be suspended for the year.

acc = all criminals conference

Dark Horse
10-14-2006, 08:21 PM
Boys will be boys. As long as no one got stabbed or shot they will all play again this year.

Bugeater
10-14-2006, 08:52 PM
Sportscenter is starting now, should finally be able to catch the replay of this.

FloridaMan88
10-14-2006, 09:39 PM
acc = all criminals conference

HA, like the Big 12 or SEC are any better.

Basileus777
10-14-2006, 10:16 PM
Here is the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JWeE9KqZjQ

Bugeater
10-14-2006, 10:22 PM
Damn, I finally saw it. Criminal charges should be filed on both sides.

Skip Towne
10-14-2006, 10:25 PM
That #26 for Miami should be expelled from the human race. He ran in there swinging his helmet then quickly backed away. Very reminiscent of race riots. The U has been populated by thugs for as long as I can remember.

Mecca
10-14-2006, 10:26 PM
Why does everyone want criminal charges filed......FIU instigated the fight.

I'd take Brandon Merriweather on my team he's a good player and atleast if someone ****s up one your players he'll do something about it that's more than we have now.

stevieray
10-14-2006, 10:30 PM

I'd take Brandon Merriweather on my team he's a good player and atleast if someone ****s up one your players he'll do something about it that's more than we have now.

:deevee:

Basileus777
10-14-2006, 10:30 PM

How often do we see a player with character concerns this serious, not continue to exhibit those mistakes or that type of behavior upon entering the professional level? Not often. Merriweather also had an incident with a gun this past summer, and he's not talented enough that you can overlook this type of thing.

Brock
10-14-2006, 10:31 PM
What a disgusting display. A complete embarrassment, and those assholes were acting like it was the greatest thing they'd ever been involved in. Reminded me of a kid who just laid his first dookie in the toilet.

OnTheWarpath15

Yeah, I guess after Trent took the kill shot from Geathers, Hicks should have run on the field swinging his helmet as a weapon and stomping on the legs of players on the ground.

:rolleyes:

Thugs. Both teams. The sad part is, several of the players who were most responsible didn't even get ejected.....

Mecca
How often do we see a player with character concerns this serious, not continue to exhibit those mistakes or that type of behavior upon entering the professional level? Not often. Merriweather also had an incident with a gun this past summer, and he's not talented enough that you can overlook this type of thing.

His gun incident wasn't illegal, I like how just using a gun at all makes him a bad guy. The police said he used his gun legally, which he also has a permit for.

stevieray
10-14-2006, 10:32 PM
What a disgusting display. A complete embarrassment, and those assholes were acting like it was the greatest thing they'd ever been involved in. Reminded me of a kid who just laid his first dookie in the toilet.

Sadly, I can't say I'm shocked.

Eleazar
10-14-2006, 10:45 PM
Miami sure looked like they regretted it, the way they were celebrating on the sidelines afterwards.

I almost feel sorry for Coker, trying to get the players to get rid of all their guns and everything. You can try to take the thug out of that team but there wouldn't be anything left.

KcMizzou
10-14-2006, 10:54 PM

I'd take Brandon Merriweather on my team he's a good player and atleast if someone ****s up one your players he'll do something about it that's more than we have now.ROFL

Like clockwork.

Skip Towne
10-14-2006, 10:56 PM
In the mid 80's, while Jimmy Johnson was the 'Canes coach, KU had a game scheduled with Miami. We were shitty as usual and they had just won a National Championship. We tried to beg off of such a one sided game but Miami held us to it. So we showed up and while doing our pre game calisthentics, they came out of the tunnel and ran right through our players (who were laying on the ground stretching) hurling insults. Of course a brawl erupted. Another story inolving Johnson was when he took the Cowboys to their first SB under him. Johnson's parents asked for tickets but he told them they would be too much of a distraction and bought them a big screen TV and told them to stay home and watch it. Then, after he got the Cowboy job, he divorced his long loyal wife since college coaches need a wife for the various school functions but pro coaches do not. Jimmy Johnson and the "U" are both colossal pieces of shit.

Rausch
10-14-2006, 11:12 PM
Gotta hate the U.

Just a little penis envy watching the Gators and Noles win a game or two...

FloridaMan88
10-14-2006, 11:17 PM
In the mid 80's, while Jimmy Johnson was the 'Canes coach, KU had a game scheduled with Miami. We were shitty as usual and they had just won a National Championship. We tried to beg off of such a one sided game but Miami held us to it. So we showed up and while doing our pre game calisthentics, they came out of the tunnel and ran right through our players (who were laying on the ground stretching) hurling insults. Of course a brawl erupted. Another story inolving Johnson was when he took the Cowboys to their first SB under him. Johnson's parents asked for tickets but he told them they would be too much of a distraction and bought them a big screen TV and told them to stay home and watch it. Then, after he got the Cowboy job, he divorced his long loyal wife since college coaches need a wife for the various school functions but pro coaches do not. Jimmy Johnson and the "U" are both colossal pieces of shit.

"Colossal pieces of shit" eh? At least our athletic department's motto isn't "Compliance doesn't sell tickets".

Those who live in "lack of institutional control" houses shouldn't throw stones

Basileus777
10-14-2006, 11:18 PM
Just a little penis envy watching the Gators win a game or two...

FYP

The Noles aren't much better than Miami.

TinyEvel
10-14-2006, 11:22 PM
Man, that fight video looks like a National Geographic special on ants. The ant battle between the red and black ants.

Skip Towne
10-14-2006, 11:22 PM
"Colossal pieces of shit" eh? At least our athletic department's motto isn't "Compliance doesn't sell tickets".

You're damn right Miami is a colossal POS. And has been probably before you were born. This isn't my idea, junior, try to find another Miami supporter on this board. There is good reason for that.

Thig Lyfe
10-14-2006, 11:24 PM
Stereotypes are true sometimes.

In the case of Miami football, the thug label fits perfectly.

Rausch
10-14-2006, 11:28 PM
FYP

The Noles aren't much better than Miami.

I have video evidence that proves otherwise...

Skip Towne
10-14-2006, 11:31 PM
Stereotypes are true sometimes.

In the case of Miami football, the thug label fits perfectly.
I don't know that Miami's reputation is a stereotype. It just is what they are. I can't think of one good thing to say about them. All the press they get is negative. And this has been going on for years. Certainly not an isolated incident.

FloridaMan88
10-14-2006, 11:32 PM
You're damn right Miami is a colossal POS. And has been probably before you were born. This isn't my idea, junior, try to find another Miami supporter on this board. There is good reason for that.

You are a fan of a school who was spanked by the NCAA for a "lack of institutional control" this past week and whose athletic department mantra was "Compliance doesn't sell tickets".

When you get off of your high horse, take a look at the pile of shit you are rooting for.

Reaper16
10-14-2006, 11:56 PM
You are a fan of a school who was spanked by the NCAA for a "lack of institutional control" this past week and whose athletic department mantra was "Compliance doesn't sell tickets".

When you get off of your high horse, take a look at the pile of shit you are rooting for.
Not that I like to defend KU much (Tigers fan by nature), but Lew Perkins, KU's current athletic director, has done well in righting the Kansas ship that went astray. There is no way that you can objectively call KU a pile of shit without having an exponentially harsher view of Miami University, especially after this debacle. Embarrassing.

Skip Towne
10-15-2006, 12:17 AM

Did you notice how slick we got out of that little scrape? The NCAA knows they can't hold a "March Madness" without the Jayhawks. It would be ruled invalid. But KU does achieve it's basketball prominence legally and has since I've been watching them. About 50 years. NCAA nitpicking and thuggery are two different things. Miami has a horrible reputation. Don't take my word for it. Ask anybody.

SoCalBronco
10-15-2006, 12:18 AM
Alot of ignorant posts here, although thats not surprising, people think of Miami of the 80s and that simply isn't what we are about, post-1994.

FIU started it by punching and kicking a Miami player. I'm glad the kids defended their teammate, GOOD. Although what Reddick did was unnacceptable. Merriweather also went over the line.

I agree with KCChiefsfan88 that this is good in the sense that it will help to get Coker fired. He will get fired anyway though, which is totally necessary. He should have been fired last year. Two straight Peach Bowls are absolute garbage.

Skip Towne
10-15-2006, 12:23 AM
Alot of ignorant posts here, although thats not surprising, people think of Miami of the 80s and that simply isn't what we are about, post-1994.

FIU started it by punching and kicking a Miami player. I'm glad the kids defended their teammate, GOOD. Although what Reddick did was unnacceptable. Merriweather also went over the line.

I agree with KCChiefsfan88 that this is good in the sense that it will help to get Coker fired. He will get fired anyway though, which is totally necessary. He should have been fired last year. Two straight Peach Bowls are absolute garbage.
A SoCal Bronco fan defending Miami on a Chiefs board. Well...........OK

SPchief
10-15-2006, 12:31 AM
The NCAA knows they can't hold a "March Madness" without the Jayhawks. It would be ruled invalid. .

You're right, the NCAA can't survive if the hawks missed playing past the 2nd round of the tourney,

oh wait.

mac58
10-15-2006, 12:32 AM
u guys are a bunch of puss's. . .it was a good old fashioned football brawl. . .cmon now charges should be filed? ur either nutz otr a bunch of women. . .there all wearing helmets and all. . .the dude swinging his helmet hit guys with pads on. . .

Skip Towne
10-15-2006, 12:52 AM
You're right, the NCAA can't survive if the hawks missed playing past the 2nd round of the tourney,

oh wait.
Don't make me come over there.

Al Bundy
10-15-2006, 12:52 AM

Seriously.. I heard on ESPN radio that after Miami scored that 2nd touchdown, the dope that caught it decided to taunt the FIU sideline by bowing.. I can see where that might make them mad. I blame "The U" for this entire thing, the guy that came out swinging the helmet and then retreating is a gutless piece of crap. I seriously hope that the next time he plays the team that plays against him takes him out, and I mean career ending. Miami is now a laughing stock, their fans, alumni, current students, and supporters should call for ALOT of people to be kicked off the team for good.

FloridaMan88
10-15-2006, 12:53 AM
Did you notice how slick we got out of that little scrape? The NCAA knows they can't hold a "March Madness" without the Jayhawks. It would be ruled invalid. But KU does achieve it's basketball prominence legally and has since I've been watching them. About 50 years. NCAA nitpicking and thuggery are two different things. Miami has a horrible reputation. Don't take my word for it. Ask anybody.

I guess during your "50 years" of following KU basketball "prominence" your selective memory forgets the fact this is the second time in the past 18 years that the Kansas basketball program is facing probation (cough cough, illegal benefits scandal under Larry Brown/postseason ban as a result ring a bell?)

Is that your definition of achieving "basketball prominence legally"?

FloridaMan88
10-15-2006, 12:56 AM
Miami is now a laughing stock, their fans, alumni, current students, and supporters should call for ALOT of people to be kicked off the team for good.

That is still better than what UCF is... a complete non-factor in the state of Florida whose only claim to fame is dead police officers at team home games, resulting from parking lot shoot-outs.

Al Bundy
10-15-2006, 12:58 AM
That is still better than what UCF is... a complete non-factor in the state of Florida whose only claim to fame is dead police officers at team home games, resulting from parking lot shoot-outs.

Insult us all you want. But you can never get rid of your stigma.. and I mean NEVER. By the way, on that Youtube, was that, that bust of an NFL wide reciever lamar Thomas talking about going down there and getting in the fight? If he was anywhere near as tough as he thought he was he would have been able to actually start for the Buccaneers.

ChiefsCountry
10-15-2006, 01:11 AM
While the brawl was cool to watch, it was totally uncalled for. Besides the POS Miami Hurricanes deserve everything they get out of this.

CupidStunt
10-15-2006, 05:22 AM

You're a f**cking idiot.

penchief
10-15-2006, 06:55 AM
I loved it when Penn State humiliated those army fatigue wearing, insult hurling, dinner crashing, punks in the 86 championship game. Miami players' behavior during that week leading up to the game was disgraceful.

It's that type of punkish behavior that is uniquely Miami Hurricane football. It's been a very distinct tradition. Kellen, "the warrior," Winslow, Jr. summed it up best with his tirade, IMO.

That's the way they've been teaching it at the "THE U" for years.

OmahaChief
10-15-2006, 07:21 AM
You're a f**cking idiot.

I would have to say that you just might be the idiot.

Here are a few facts about the game that most of your jackballs know nothing about.

FIU had three late hit penalties on the Canes during the first three quarters. One they slammed the QB, the other they late Hit James out of bounds and the other they pounded Kenny Phillips late. Those are the two stars of the UM offense and the best player on Defense. I don't think it was by chance they took shots at UMs best players.

The footage of the fight has already revealed that FIU started it when their player took a swing at Cyrim Wimbs. Then they took a run at the UM HOLDER and slammed him like a rag doll. After that it was on and the benches cleared.

For all of those saying UM is thugs, you might want to take a look at FIU as well. They not only had more player ejected, they started the fight.

On to the UM players that I saw that should be suspended from a few games. Reddick who swung his helmet is a complete idiot. he should not see the field again this year. That was a cheap act and should not be tolerated. The other was Merriweather. He is clearly seen stomping a guys thigh. While that might not quite be the most heinous act that happened in that fight it was visible and should be punished as well.

Let's not forget the one FIU player that was out there swinging a crutch. I guess he gets a pass from you people because he is not a Cane. Since he was swinging at the Canes it is OK.

Overall it was a terrible scene but I can tell you if someone started a fight when I played I would have been there to back up my guys as well. If some jackoff took a run at a Chiefs player and the entire sideline just watched him get pummeled you would be calling them pussies. Once again since it is UM we all know they are thugs.

In the grand scheme it doesn't really matter what people think of UM. You people have hated them forever and that is OK with me. I would it rather be a small number of fans who support them.

I could have swore I saw a couple of KU backers ripping the canes. If I am wrong was your school just not caught for cheating? Did you not have a player go commando and try to bust up some Taco Bell drive thru worker? Check your own closets before opening your mouths all the time.

NewChief
10-15-2006, 07:42 AM
Who is the absolute fool commentator that was running his mouth? That guy should be fired. Completely glorifying Miami's role and saying that he would have liked to run down there and get a piece of that action. Good lord, have some professionalism.

Al Bundy
10-15-2006, 07:46 AM
I would have to say that you just might be the idiot.

Here are a few facts about the game that most of your jackballs know nothing about.

FIU had three late hit penalties on the Canes during the first three quarters. One they slammed the QB, the other the late Hit James out of bounds and the other they poinded Kenny Phillips late. Those are the two stars of the UM offense and the best player on Defense. I don't think it was by chance then took shots at UMs best players.

The footage of the fight has already revealed that FIU started it when their player took a swing at Cyrim Wimbs. Then then took a run out the UM HOLDER and slammed him like a rag doll. After that it was on and the benches cleared.

For all of those saying UM is thugs, you might want to take a look at FIU as well. They not only had more player ejected, they started the fight.

On to the UM players that I saw that should be suspened from a few games. Reddick who swung his helmet is a complete idiot. he should not see the field again this year. That was a cheap act and should not be tolerated. The other was Merriweather. He is clearly scene stomping a guys thigh. While that might not quite be the most heinous act that happened in that fight it was visible and should be punished as well.

Let's not forget the one FIU player that was out there swinging a crutch. I guess he gets a pass from you people because he is not a Cane. Since he was swinging at the Canes it is OK.

Overall it was a terrible scene but I can tell you if someone started a fight when I played I would have been there to back up my guys as well. If some jackoff took a run at a Chiefs player and the entire sideline just watched him get pummeled you would be calling them pussies. Once again since it is UM we all know they are thugs.

In the grand scheme it doesn't really matter what people think of UM. You people have hated them forever and that is OK with me. I would it rather be a small number of fans who support them.

I could have swore I saw a couple of KU backers ripping the canes. If I am wrong was your school just not caught for cheating? Did you not have a player go commando and try to bust up some Taco Bell drive thru working? Check your our closets before opening you mouths all the time.

You are 100% correct, but remember the taunting by the Miami player that scored the touchdown. The NCAA needs to come down HARD on both of these schools. But for the Cane fan to try and defend what his team did is what got me going. There was no excuse for what either team did. This isn't a 1st for Miami, as far as I'm concerned they should be place on probation and go to no bowl game this year or next, but we know that won't happen because it would cost the NCAA and the ACC money. FIU should recieve the same punishment.

Bwana
10-15-2006, 07:47 AM
By the way, on that Youtube, was that, that bust of an NFL wide reciever lamar Thomas talking about going down there and getting in the fight?

Indeed who is that dumb ass? Ranting about wanting to head down to the field and join in the scrap......WTF? :shake: The guy sounded like he just got pulled out of the hood to call a football game.

Al Bundy
10-15-2006, 07:48 AM
Who is the absolute fool commentator that was running his mouth? That guy should be fired. Completely glorifying Miami's role and saying that he would have liked to run down there and get a piece of that action. Good lord, have some professionalism.

That would be Lamar Thomas.. he's an assclown that couldn't even make it as a WR for the Buccaneers.

burt
10-15-2006, 08:22 AM
Fights happen. The fact that it got THAT out of hand is an indicator that both teams are uncontrolled, and undiciplined. There should be punishments against BOTH teams. I got nothing against either team, but I will say that since it got so out of control, the coaches are the biggest part of the problem....oh, and yes there appeared to be a thug factor......on both teams.

Braincase
10-15-2006, 09:55 AM
The guy doing the additional commentary should never be allowed in a press booth as long as he lives. What an assclown.

Bowser
10-15-2006, 10:06 AM
It's come down to Miami fan arguing with KU fan about whose team sucks less.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. ROFL

Bowser
10-15-2006, 10:11 AM
And Miami is up 14-0 with 4 to go in the third.

Quite the powerhouse. LMAO

Braincase
10-15-2006, 10:47 AM
I guess during your "50 years" of following KU basketball "prominence" your selective memory forgets the fact this is the second time in the past 18 years that the Kansas basketball program is facing probation (cough cough, illegal benefits scandal under Larry Brown/postseason ban as a result ring a bell?)

Is that your definition of achieving "basketball prominence legally"?

Our coach can eat your coach.

Bob Dole
10-15-2006, 10:52 AM
oh, and yes there appeared to be a thug factor......on both teams.

A lot of players have been playing with/against each other their entire lives.

They should have stopped the game right there and given both teams a loss by forfeit.

Spott
10-15-2006, 10:57 AM

I think your coach already ate their coach.

Demonpenz
10-15-2006, 11:17 AM
if someone cheap shotted trent green there would be an all out brawl like that.

Demonpenz
10-15-2006, 11:48 PM
or i guess if larry johnson pulled his hair

dr00d
10-15-2006, 11:48 PM
miami = thugs, always have been, always will be.

KcMizzou
10-15-2006, 11:51 PM
18 FIU, and 13 Miami players suspened for next week.

I don't have a link... heard it on 810 am on the way home tonight.

Demonpenz
10-15-2006, 11:57 PM
more time to get their pimp on this week

Spicy McHaggis
10-16-2006, 01:32 AM
His gun incident wasn't illegal, I like how just using a gun at all makes him a bad guy. The police said he used his gun legally, which he also has a permit for.

No what makes him a bad guy is the fact that he stomped repeatedly on a guy who was on the ground.

But whatever.

Thai Cheif
10-16-2006, 05:00 AM
Insult us all you want. But you can never get rid of your stigma.. and I mean NEVER. By the way, on that Youtube, was that, that bust of an NFL wide reciever lamar Thomas talking about going down there and getting in the fight? If he was anywhere near as tough as he thought he was he would have been able to actually start for the Buccaneers.
Is THAT the same Lamar Thomas that George Teague of BAMA made his personnal bitch by catching him from behind and stealing the ball during the 93 Sugar Bowl? A game that BAMA won the National Championship by smashing Miami. That Lamar "bitch" Thomas? ROFL

Chief Chief
10-16-2006, 05:11 AM
It's now time to place the U on double secret probation!!

Al Bundy
10-16-2006, 06:05 AM
Is THAT the same Lamar Thomas that George Teague of BAMA made his personnal bitch by catching him from behind and stealing the ball during the 93 Sugar Bowl? A game that BAMA won the National Championship by smashing Miami. That Lamar "bitch" Thomas? ROFL

Yep... that bitch.

Duck Dog
10-16-2006, 07:20 AM
Who was the jackass announcer that kept running his mouth? That bag of douche should lose his job.

FloridaMan88
10-16-2006, 08:37 AM

Liberate us from Coker please

Bon appetite

redbrian
10-16-2006, 08:45 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/15768424.htm

Miami, FIU suspend 31 players for brawl

TIM REYNOLDS

Associated Press
CORAL GABLES, Fla. - Once the fighting ended, the fingerpointing began, with the majority of Miami and Florida International players claiming the other side started an ugly, sideline-clearing brawl. On Sunday, those schools and their leagues found plenty of blame to go around.

After reviewing video of the melee that marred Saturday night's matchup, 31 players - 13 from the Hurricanes, and 18 from FIU - were suspended for his team's next game. Miami plays at Duke this coming Saturday, FIU visits Alabama Oct. 28.

Additional sanctions, including longer suspensions, could still be issued by the schools.

"I don't have many bad days," Miami coach Larry Coker said. "This is a bad day."

The Atlantic Coast Conference and Miami (4-2) suspended Carlos Armour, Chris Barney, James Bryant, Tyrone Byrd, DajLeon Farr, Ryan Hill, Bruce Johnson, Charlie Jones, Brandon Meriweather, Brian Monroe, Derrick Morse, Randy Phillips and Anthony Reddick.

"These suspensions send a clear and definitive message that this type of behavior will not be tolerated," ACC Commissioner John Swofford said.

Meanwhile, the Sun Belt Conference and FIU (0-7) suspended Michael Alls, Scott Bryant, Roland Clark, Michael Dominquez, John Ellis, Cory Fleming, Reginald Jones, Marshall McDuffie Jr., Robert Mitchell, Quintin Newman, Luis Pena, Jarvis Penerton, Julian Reams, Lionell Singleton, Chris Smith, Samuel Smith, Mannie Wellington and Chandler Williams.

ROYC75
10-16-2006, 09:24 AM
Stupid is as stupid does ..............

These kids were really stupid ......

bkkcoh
10-16-2006, 11:13 AM
Who was the jackass announcer that kept running his mouth? That bag of douche should lose his job.

I would agree, if Lyons loses his job for making the comments that he made, he should also.

FringeNC
10-16-2006, 11:23 AM
I would agree, if Lyons loses his job for making the comments that he made, he should also.

The guy's bio is no surprise:

http://www.bucpower.com/lamar-thomas.html

Demonpenz
10-16-2006, 11:34 AM
They are replaying the fight on 810 and bashing lamar thomas

Garcia Bronco
10-16-2006, 11:56 AM
Miami didn't start the fight...the other team did.

Brock
10-16-2006, 12:05 PM
Miami didn't start the fight...the other team did.

It really doesn't matter who started the fight. It's being proud of having participated in a riot and acting like it meant something that should trouble Miami. They were celebrating at midfield. That's ****ed up.

bkkcoh
10-16-2006, 12:56 PM
The guy's bio is no surprise:

http://www.bucpower.com/lamar-thomas.html

But I am sure that it would be considered racist if they fired him because of his comments, wouldn't it? :banghead:

FringeNC
10-16-2006, 01:21 PM
But I am sure that it would be considered racist if they fired him because of his comments, wouldn't it? :banghead:

More on him here:

http://www.deadspin.com/sports/college-football/back-to-you-in-the-booth-lamar-207778.php

Duck Dog
10-16-2006, 02:07 PM
More on him here:

http://www.deadspin.com/sports/college-football/back-to-you-in-the-booth-lamar-207778.php

Nice. :rolleyes: Quality kind of guy.

dtebbe
10-16-2006, 02:10 PM

YouTube is great... they had that video linked ROFL

We Ready alrite:
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CHJfQGVmjmc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CHJfQGVmjmc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

DT

jidar
10-16-2006, 02:23 PM

Jesus Christ. How the hell can someone be as consistently ****ing stupid as you and not kill yourself leaving the house every morning?
Or do you leave the house?

carlos3652
10-16-2006, 04:24 PM
Miami extends 1 suspension, FIU dismisses 2 in wake of melee

By TIM REYNOLDS, AP Sports Writer
October 16, 2006

CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) -- The University of Miami extended the suspension of one player and said further disciplinary measures will be taken in the wake of a sideline-clearing brawl with Florida International.

Sophomore safety Anthony Reddick was suspended indefinitely following further consultation Monday with the Atlantic Coast Conference, the school said. Reddick charged across the field, helmet raised over his head, and slammed it into an opposing player during the melee.

Meanwhile, the Golden Panthers took a much harsher stance -- dismissing two players, Chris Smith and Marshall McDuffie Jr., and extending the suspensions of all other 16 sanctioned players indefinitely.

"This is certainly embarrassing. It's disgraceful. It's amazing. I've run out of words," FIU coach Don Strock said. "There's no place for it in college football or football period. This is way overboard. I apologize to all the fans of college football for this taking place."

Smith and McDuffie will remain on scholarship at FIU.

One-game suspensions for Reddick and 12 Miami teammates were announced Sunday. Other disciplinary measures for the players may include community service and other unspecified actions, the school said in a statement.

Miami president Donna Shalala said in an open letter that the fight was "outrageous."

"Regardless of who started it, this was an embarrassing display of unsportsmanlike behavior," Shalala wrote. "Fortunately there were no injuries."

JBucc
10-16-2006, 04:26 PM
Good for FIU. It must be hard to coach at that school, not only do you have thug players, you have untalented thug players.

BIG_DADDY
10-16-2006, 04:36 PM
They could always be like the Chiefs and let anyone do anything they want to their franchise players and just watch it.

JBucc
10-16-2006, 08:31 PM
Douchefaced announcer guy was fired...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2628184&campaign=rss&source=NCFHeadlines

Simplex3
10-16-2006, 09:10 PM
Well, good for FIU and Comcast. They got it right.

Now, on to Thug U. One f**king game suspensions? "Other disciplinary measures for the players may include community service and other unspecified actions, the school said in a statement"? Like what, no brownie with lunch on Thursday? They'll have to attend a charity car wash where bimbos in bikinis will do all the work? Give me a f**king break. We all know full well that they're going to get a slap on the wrist at best. Not only that but does anyone else get the feeling that if Thug U had a shot at a good bowl game there might be even LESS punishment?

Coach
10-16-2006, 09:33 PM
University of Miami should not be allowed to participate in a bowl game, regardless of their record.

Unfortunately, they won't do it.

Bwana
10-16-2006, 10:37 PM
Douchefaced announcer guy was fired...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2628184&campaign=rss&source=NCFHeadlines

ROFL

Outstanding! That guy is a complete tool.

Brock
10-16-2006, 10:51 PM
Must be tough to Miami fans to realize that a nowhere nothing school like FIU has to show them how to do what's right.

Demonpenz
10-16-2006, 11:01 PM
i am still baffled by the "over the ocean part"