PDA

View Full Version : Gunther should no longer be employed

FloridaMan88
10-15-2006, 03:43 PM
Myself and others on this board have been harping on it for over a year now. How can the Chiefs, who have invested millions in free agents, high-round draft picks and now have hired a defensive-oriented head coach continue to keep an incompetent FRAUD as a defensive coordinator. It was obvious last year and the year before last that Gunther's "genius" was merely a product of having great/HOF-caliber talent on defense back in the 1990's and without such talent, he was nothing but a Paul Hackett.

Gunther was humiliated by Cincy's no-huddle attack in game one and today the bottom has fallen out. Ken Whisenhunt is TOYING with and HUMILIATING Gunther.

The Chiefs defense will never become a playoff-caliber defense until Gunther is defensive coordinator--no more.

Mr. Kotter
10-15-2006, 03:49 PM
Yeah, you are right.

I can't believe the tackles he's missed.

I can't believe the coverages he's blown.

I can't believe the poor reads he's made.

:rolleyes:

GoHuge
10-15-2006, 03:54 PM
That's like saying the fact the Chiefs have less than 50 yards on offense and no points is all on Solari. Thats stupid. Players have to play.

The Bad Guy
10-15-2006, 04:02 PM
Shocking.

I never expected this from a supreme intellect like 88.

FloridaMan88
10-15-2006, 04:13 PM
That's like saying the fact the Chiefs have less than 50 yards on offense and no points is all on Solari. Thats stupid. Players have to play.

We knew the offense was going to struggle in today's game with Damon Huard, a banged up LJ, no Kyle Turley, no Dante Hall, etc. Even HERM acknowledged it this week that the Chiefs were going to struggle to run the ball this week.

That means that the defense, which the Chiefs have poured millions into via free agency, high-round draft picks, etc was going to have to step up... and how do they respond? By being torched for 200+ yards and 2 TDs in the FIRST HALF by a QB who entered the game with 0 TDs and 7 INTS on the season.

Certain mental giants who have graced this thread with their orgasms for Gunther want to blame the players for Gunther's incompetence... and no doubt the players certainly deserve some of the blame for today's fiasco.

But this is a repeat performance by the defense from the past 2 years where many of these players weren't part of those defenses.

What has been the one constant on defense the past 2 years?

GOONTHER

kcxiv
10-15-2006, 04:14 PM
Our Dline is getting no pressure. Hali and Allen are not doing a damn thing today, and well we know our DT's suck ass.

Deberg_1990
10-15-2006, 04:20 PM
I agree....Gunther will probably be gone or be made a scapegoat at the end of the year. Ive been saying it awhile now. He has no excuses.

Im still trying to figure out why he was retained by Herm? Herm loves the cover 2 and Gun loves to blitz?? I dont get it??

Hammock Parties
10-15-2006, 04:49 PM
I agree. Gunther is a tool.

Deberg_1990
10-15-2006, 05:00 PM
I agree. Gunther is a tool.

Agreed....the longer he stays here the less and less i like him.

His honeymoon here was over a loooong time ago. I dont get this defense?? For 3 years now its been nothing but up and down. Great one week, bad the next.........ive seen enough, he needs to be gone at the end of the year.