PDA

View Full Version : Cowher is a classless piece of shit

pr_capone
10-15-2006, 04:31 PM
Going on for a TD on 4th in a blowout?!?!? Why try and run up the score?

I have lost all respect for him.

May he get hit by a ****ing truck.

Agent V
10-15-2006, 04:33 PM
I don't wish harm on the guy, but that is bull. This guy needs a class in ethics. What a prick.

Eleazar
10-15-2006, 04:33 PM
If your team doesn't like it, they shouldn't put themselves down by 24 points.

mac58
10-15-2006, 04:35 PM
i hope he dies of a heart attack tonight. . .

KC2004
10-15-2006, 04:36 PM
Why does this suprise you? The guys has always been a classless assclown.

Florida_Bronco
Were you guys saying this after the 49er game?

Easy 6
I honestly never thought i would say it, but i now hate coward and will pull for squeeler losses in every future game. He has proven himself to be a classless bitch and i will soon write a lengthy, filthy screed to his bitch ass.

kcxiv
10-15-2006, 04:38 PM
They deserve it the way they came out here today.

Easy 6
SUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKK IIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTT BIIIIIIIIITTTTTTCCCCCCHHHHHH

purplelights300
How can Cohwer challenge a second time in a half after losing the first challenge????

Mr. Kotter
10-15-2006, 04:40 PM

Pretty much.

Agent V
10-15-2006, 04:40 PM
Seriously, when in the course of the 49ers game did the Chiefs go for it on 4th and goal, not get the TD, then challenge for it after being up 31-7? When?

KCinNY
10-15-2006, 04:41 PM
It sucks for me as a Chiefs fan, but I have zero problem with Cowher going for it on 4th down or challenging the blown call.

pr_capone
10-15-2006, 04:41 PM

We were not trying to run up the score on the 49ers.

Cowher on the other hand went for it on 4th down simply to put more points on the board on a game they could not possibly loose.

That will come back and bite him in the ass later.

leviw
10-15-2006, 04:42 PM
Did you guys watch any of the Dick Vermeil era? Seriously, check out the 2002 AZ box score, just for an example.

If you don't want to get scored on...stop them.

milkman
10-15-2006, 04:44 PM
How can Cohwer challenge a second time in a half after losing the first challenge????

You get two chalenges per game, regardless of when you use them.

kcxiv
10-15-2006, 04:53 PM
Chiefs Deserve it for playing this horrible on both side of the Field. Once again our damn MVP of the game is the PUNTER>

FAX
10-15-2006, 05:00 PM
The call to go for the TD on 4th and goal while leading by 31 to 7 was as classless a call as I have ever seen in the NFL.

His karma just took a big turn for the worse.

FAX

chief52

This is the National Football League. Of course Cowher was going to go for it. What did you expect? That is the way professional football is played. Toughen up. If you do not like it, do not put yourself in that position.

ChiefFripp
Man screw it, The Chiefs deserved it. I say run it up as much as you can Bill. His team needs to beat up on us to get some confidence back. I hope we meet them again in the playoffs but I doubt our pathetic excuse for a team will even get the wildcard spot.

Deberg_1990
10-15-2006, 05:02 PM
I had no problem with it....these guys are professionals. This isnt High school or College.

KcMizzou
10-15-2006, 05:04 PM
The call to go for the TD on 4th and goal while leading by 31 to 7 was as classless a call as I have ever seen in the NFL.
My first thought was, "What did we do to piss Cowher off?"

Mecca
10-15-2006, 05:05 PM

Hey I got raked over the coals for saying this in the game thread......prepare yourself.

Halfcan
10-15-2006, 05:08 PM
He has always been a d#ckhead-can't stand the guy.

Al Bundy
10-15-2006, 05:09 PM
I didnt have that big of a problem with it, that being said if Big Ben were to get injured by a cheap shot I would have had no problem with that either.

WilliamTheIrish
10-15-2006, 05:11 PM
Hey I got raked over the coals for saying this in the game thread......prepare yourself.

*sniff*

Let it all out.... just let it all out.

chiefs4me
10-15-2006, 05:12 PM
I can't believe how greedy he is, I had no idea, and I used to like him, as of today he ranks up with the bronco's....:mad:

|Zach|
I think we deservered it. This isn't highschool or college ball.

Act like you have a pair. If you don't want them in the endzone then keep them out.

Kaylore
Cowher is great. Not only did it really hilight how terrible you guys are, if it didn't work, he would have had you guys pinned on the one yard line. Good times.

|Zach|
10-15-2006, 05:13 PM
Cowher is great. Not only did it really hilight how terrible you guys are, if it didn't work, he would have had you guys pinned on the one yard line. Good times.
Kaylore gets the troll bug in him and just can't resist swooping in AFTER a loss like this. ROFL

Kaylore
10-15-2006, 05:21 PM
Kaylore gets the troll bug in him and just can't resist swooping in AFTER a loss like this. ROFL
Yeah, I usually don't do this, but after your whole board raided ours after beating the mighty Niners thumping your chests like you had won the super bowl, I only thought it fair to do the same. I expect most of you will blame Gunther and look past the herminator.

WilliamTheIrish
10-15-2006, 05:25 PM
Yeah, I usually don't do this, but after your whole board raided ours after beating the mighty Niners thumping your chests like you had won the super bowl, I only thought it fair to do the same. I expect most of you will blame Gunther and look past the herminator.

Exagerration is always a good reason for being a troll. And a putz.

Fire Me Boy!
10-15-2006, 05:34 PM
While I was irritated by the call, there wasn't anything wrong with it. I probably would have done the same.

And most of the people here would have NO problem if it was Herm going for it and making the challenge.

elvomito
10-15-2006, 05:37 PM
i expect to receive no sympathy or mercy from any other team, and i expect none to be given.

kaylor, be glad all your 2game roadtrips end with oakland or arizona. your team is crap, but should still be able to float above shit

Florida_Bronco
10-15-2006, 05:37 PM
Exagerration is always a good reason for being a troll. And a putz.

He's not exaggerating, trust me.

Spott
10-15-2006, 05:38 PM
No big deal. It's not like it affected the game.

Florida_Bronco
10-15-2006, 05:39 PM
i expect to receive no sympathy or mercy from any other team, and i expect none to be given.

kaylor, be glad all your 2game roadtrips end with oakland or arizona. your team is crap, but should still be able to float above shit

Keep telling yourself that.

Saulbadguy
10-15-2006, 05:41 PM
What a bunch of pussies.

These are professional athletes. It is their job to stop them.

elvomito
10-15-2006, 05:41 PM
Keep telling yourself that.it is fact regardless of what i say. what happened to the picture in your sig?

WilliamTheIrish
10-15-2006, 05:42 PM
He's not exaggerating, trust me.

Hey, if it soothes the rough edges of your birth canal, I'll gladly believe you.

Feel better now?

tk13
10-15-2006, 05:42 PM
I don't think they did anything too bad, it wasn't like they were out there throwing 50 yard bombs.

Plus it's the NFL, not high school. Although, I think the going for it on 4th down was kinda ehhh. I don't think even Al Saunders would've done that one, but that's life I guess.

Sully
10-15-2006, 05:48 PM
Perfect time to work on something that hasn't been doing all that great for you, much like an exhibition game... at that point.

FAX
10-15-2006, 06:00 PM
A special message to all you "man up" guys. I'm quite certain that you would "man up" if someone spit in your beer or shit in your shoe.

With all respect, this isn't about "manning up" on 4th and goal when you're behind by 24 in the fourth quarter. This is about showing class in a blowout. There is a distinction between the two.

FAX

htismaqe
10-15-2006, 06:19 PM

Nobody invaded your board, douchebag.

Over-Head
10-15-2006, 06:26 PM
And if were the Chiefs doing it against the Ra!ders you’d be singing a different tune.

WilliamTheIrish
10-15-2006, 06:31 PM
A special message to all you "man up" guys. I'm quite certain that you would "man up" if someone spit in your beer or shit in your shoe.

With all respect, this isn't about "manning up" on 4th and goal when you're behind by 24 in the fourth quarter. This is about showing class in a blowout. There is a distinction between the two.

FAX

Sorry Mr. Fax, but the "class" argument doesn't hold water with me. It's not about showing class in a blowout. It's about showing up and not letting it be a blowout.

|Zach|
10-15-2006, 06:35 PM
The same people that are Chiefs regulars over there were posting...you couldn't be any more wrong Troll-lore.

The people that were talking about the Chiefs post 49er win were the people that were there beforehand.

the Talking Can
10-15-2006, 06:36 PM
Cowher doesn't have to apologize for out-classing and out-coaching Herm "play to lose" Edwards.

plbrdude
10-15-2006, 06:37 PM
I think we deservered it. This isn't highschool or college ball.

Act like you have a pair. If you don't want them in the endzone then keep them out.

i thought high school and college is where you ran it up.but that's not important. what really blows is dan dierdorf dissin' the chiefs as a mere scrimmge opponent. i took it as an insult when he said this gave them a chance to work on their short yardage game w/ davenport. he's saying at that point it was practice for the steelers. someone needs to roll that tape for herm, and herm needs to be seriously ticked.

FAX
10-15-2006, 06:39 PM
Sorry Mr. Fax, but the "class" argument doesn't hold water with me. It's not about showing class in a blowout. It's about showing up and not letting it be a blowout.

I agree with that, Mr. WilliamTheIrish. Ask no quarter and give none. After all, it's football. I've mentioned in other threads at other times that we haven't shown up prepared to play in several games this year and this was certainly one of them. And, I certainly don't blame Cowher for this loss or our inability to play to their level today.

I just think that, from the Steeler point of view, 3 points was as good as 7 at the time. We were down by something like 24 points at that point with no hope of making a game of it. Cowher would have shown "class" by taking the field goal. Going for the touchdown in those circumstances was little more than a professional insult. Few here, if any, would let something like that pass in RL regardless of what they may say here.

FAX

Sully
10-15-2006, 06:49 PM
i thought high school and college is where you ran it up.but that's not important. what really blows is dan dierdorf dissin' the chiefs as a mere scrimmge opponent. i took it as an insult when he said this gave them a chance to work on their short yardage game w/ davenport. he's saying at that point it was practice for the steelers. someone needs to roll that tape for herm, and herm needs to be seriously ticked.

If that's what it takes for Herm to get pissed after this ****ing game... we have a lot more problems than someone going for the TD on 4th down.

plbrdude
10-15-2006, 06:54 PM
If that's what it takes for Herm to get pissed after this ****ing game... we have a lot more problems than someone going for the TD on 4th down.

going for it on 4th is not so much to be mad about. having your team talked about as they are the practice team for short yardage/goal line is though.

Valiant
10-15-2006, 06:55 PM
This is professional football, if you get scored on that many times then it is their own damn fault... Maybe if it was some non-competive pee wee, but these guys get paid to play...

Katie
10-15-2006, 07:02 PM
Personally, I had more of a problem with Cower challenging our one and only touch down...even he had to know it was a TD...why challenge that?

ChiefsFan4Life
10-15-2006, 07:03 PM

Bingo. I would have done the same as him

unlurking
10-15-2006, 08:56 PM
No problem with Billy. All my frustration is directed at the Chiefs.

ChiefsCountry
10-15-2006, 08:59 PM
In college, high school, etc I would have a problem with it but not in the pros when they are getting paid to play football.

BWillie
10-15-2006, 09:00 PM
I've had no problem with people playing hard in the 4th quarter, by any means. Actually, I think it's a slap in the face when other teams don't try to score when they are beating you by a ton. It's like they are pitying you. I don't want anybody's pity. Of course I am the minority, but I don't see what is wrong with playing 100% all the time and giving your all all the time. Isn't this what this country is about?

KChiefsQT
10-15-2006, 09:03 PM
Whats the difference if you lose by 38 or 31?? It's only seven MORE points, who cares. The only asshats that showed up for that game are the chiefs. ALL OF THEM.

TRR
10-15-2006, 09:04 PM
I've always hated Cowher. Ever since he faked that punch after the opposing player made an INT, I've hated him. I hate everything about the guy, and next to the Broncos, the Steelers are who I hate more than any team in football.

I think it's hilarious that almost all Steeler fans in my area think they are tough because they are Steeler fans. LOL! Give me a break.

MadMax
10-15-2006, 09:26 PM
I've always hated Cowher. Ever since he faked that punch after the opposing player made an INT, I've hated him. I hate everything about the guy, and next to the Broncos, the Steelers are who I hate more than any team in football.

I think it's hilarious that almost all Steeler fans in my area think they are tough because they are Steeler fans. LOL! Give me a break.

He always looks like he is smelling his breath... I'll leave it at that lol

1ChiefsDan
10-15-2006, 09:27 PM
Yeah, I usually don't do this, but after your whole board raided ours after beating the mighty Niners thumping your chests like you had won the super bowl, I only thought it fair to do the same. I expect most of you will blame Gunther and look past the herminator.Go back to spanking it with your dolls...er "action figures' in your mom's basement.

listopencil
10-15-2006, 10:02 PM
OK, I'll admit it. I asked him to. I was tired of a lot of guys on The Planet pimping the Chief D based on stats. The regular posting of the NFL D rankings was getting old. I asked him to keep the pedal down just to quiet that down a bit. He does whatever I say. Basically, he's my bitch. I made him throw that AFC Championship in Pittsburgh for us a while back so we could win a Super Bowl before Elway retired and he did it. I let him win last year because we weren't going to beat the Seahawks anyway. So...uh...sorry. But you guys had it coming.

WilliamTheIrish
10-15-2006, 10:09 PM
OK, I'll admit it. I asked him to. I was tired of a lot of guys on The Planet pimping the Chief D based on stats. The regular posting of the NFL D rankings was getting old. I asked him to keep the pedal down just to quiet that down a bit. He does whatever I say. Basically, he's my bitch. I made him throw that AFC Championship in Pittsburgh for us a while back so we could win a Super Bowl before Elway retired and he did it. I let him win last year because we weren't going to beat the Seahawks anyway. So...uh...sorry. But you guys had it coming.

Ohhh... I just knew you dirty donx were in on this..

Rising Sun
10-15-2006, 10:25 PM

He did the right thing. If it were our team on 4th and goal inside the one, we would be screaming to go for it. This loss hurts, but dont blame the team for scoring, blame our chiefs for not showing up. Cowher did no wrong. He wasnt trying to run up the score. Theres simply no point in kicking a field goal from inside the 1 yard line.

kcxiv
10-15-2006, 11:29 PM
He did the right thing. If it were our team on 4th and goal inside the one, we would be screaming to go for it. This loss hurts, but dont blame the team for scoring, blame our chiefs for not showing up. Cowher did no wrong. He wasnt trying to run up the score. Theres simply no point in kicking a field goal from inside the 1 yard line.
yep, unless it was at the end of the game for the game winning points you go for it.

dr00d
10-15-2006, 11:47 PM
big deal

boltpower 21
10-16-2006, 02:01 AM
4th and goal from the one yard line. Regardless of the score, I see no problem going for it.

That's a situation where coaches will go for it virtually everytime unless you're down by a field goal or less in the closing moments of the game.

Kaylore
10-16-2006, 03:10 AM
Go back to spanking it with your dolls...er "action figures' in your mom's basement.
Did you know your defense gave up more points in that one game than we've given up all season? How you like them apples?

B2chiefsfan
10-16-2006, 03:18 AM
Did you know your defense gave up more points in that one game than we've given up all season? How you like them apples?

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/7/78/Captainobvious.jpg

King_Chief_Fan
10-16-2006, 06:06 AM

whiney ass bitches complaining about the score being run up.
complain about the worthless coaching job Herm did instead.

King_Chief_Fan
10-16-2006, 06:07 AM

speaking of low class pieces of donkey shit.....look who shows up.

Ugly Duck
10-16-2006, 06:46 AM
Taco's Mangy take:

"I couldn't say for sure, but I think what pissed him (Cower) off was watching Larry Johnson dragging his star safety out of bounds by his hair. You'll remember last week when Kansas City fans were outraged at the fact that Rolle drug LJ out of bounds by his face mask, putting him at risk for a serious neck injury. Flashback to yesterday, when LJ decides to grab a handful of Polomolu's hair and yank him out of bounds, drawing a flag for unsportsmanlike conduct. I'm not sure what the rule is there... I thought it was legal. I just know that it looked especially thuggish and classless coming from LJ given the experience he had with a neck injury last week."

chagrin
10-16-2006, 06:52 AM
A clasless piece of shit? Are you guys serious? Give me a break, our team is playing like total shit, who cares that he got another TD, this isn't college

Easy 6
10-16-2006, 06:55 AM
I JUST LOOOOVVVE how all you infected PUSSY'S show up after losses, yet are invisible any other time. I think i'll rename you Neal and your mom Bob, and have ya'll taste the apple on the end of my schvantz.

Inspector
10-16-2006, 07:03 AM
He always looks like he is smelling his breath... I'll leave it at that lol

He is.

Notice the grimace that comes with it?

King_Chief_Fan
10-16-2006, 07:08 AM

GAYlore, the truth isn't in you. The whole board raided yours? BS.
I see GoChiefs (Bob) has gotten under your skin.
You are a weak pathetic no one. You are leaving no doubt that Donkey fans are low life pieces of dung.

King_Chief_Fan
10-16-2006, 07:10 AM
Man screw it, The Chiefs deserved it. I say run it up as much as you can Bill. His team needs to beat up on us to get some confidence back. I hope we meet them again in the playoffs but I doubt our pathetic excuse for a team will even get the wildcard spot.

ROFL in the playoffs
ROFL in the playoffs

You reply should have stopped after the Chiefs deserved it.

Lonewolf Ed
10-16-2006, 07:16 AM

Because you can.

Brock
10-16-2006, 07:34 AM
If I were Cowher, I'd have done the exact same thing. His team needs all the attitude they can get.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-16-2006, 07:42 AM

This is a bannable post on the mane. But not here, because we're not pussies. How do you like them apples? Pussy.

Chief Chief
10-16-2006, 08:01 AM
Some of ya'll seem to have selective memory. Besides the aforementioned 'whiners game earlier this year, KC ran up the score on the Bungals in the final game of last season. The TV announcers offered the explanation that Cowher went for it to give his Bettis-less team (specifically his RBs) short-yardage experience. Whatever...

If ya still got a problem with Cowher and the Steelers, build a f&*#in' bridge and get over it!!

Kyle401
10-16-2006, 08:12 AM
I was slightly suprised that he didn't kick the field goal after being held out on 3 consecutive short yardage runs. I don't really buy the "RB's need short yardage experience" excuse. In any close game Cowher will kick the FG if they can't punch it in from the 2 on the first three attempts.

It really was a golden opportunity for our defense to do something to feel good about. Too bad they blew it on the last run.

htismaqe
10-16-2006, 08:28 AM
Hey Taco. I'll take your bet.

Find the post here where members of this board organized an invasion of your board.

Taco John
10-16-2006, 08:32 AM
Hey Taco. I'll take your bet.

Find the post here where members of this board organized an invasion of your board.

No one said it was organized. We might have scored a few extra touchdowns on the Chiefs defense if you guys actually tried any sort of organization to all that bumping around! ROFL

chief52
10-16-2006, 08:35 AM
No one said it was organized. We might have scored a few extra touchdowns on the Chiefs defense if you guys actually tried any sort of organization to all that bumping around! ROFL

What goes through some one's mind when they decide to go to be a troll? I have never even considered it...worthless people without real life I guess.

htismaqe
10-16-2006, 08:36 AM
If it wasn't organized, then WE didn't do jack shit. So maybe Kaylore could save his breath. Or are you arguing that he didn't say that our "whole board" invaded his?

Every board has idiots, this one has it's share. But they don't speak for everyone here and never have.

King_Chief_Fan
10-16-2006, 08:37 AM
What goes through some one's mind when they decide to go to be a troll? I have never even considered it...worthless people without real life I guess.

inbreeding causes that. Donkey fans are notorious for messing with sheep and their relatives.

Sully
10-16-2006, 08:45 AM
Every board has idiots, this one has it's share.

Hey!!
I can read what you are typing!!!
You could at least talk shit about me in pms.

|Zach|
10-16-2006, 08:59 AM
The same people were on the Orange Mane...I think the idea that there was some huge post 49er win is just false.

There were however lots and lots of people that only came to CP after the Pitt loss.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-16-2006, 09:07 AM

Taco,

Plummer's ass cancer was an inside job...caused by the hamster.

C-Mac
10-16-2006, 09:17 AM

Dierdorf is a midwest boy and a big Chiefs fan, he was merely trying to find something to talk about in a miserable blow out game.

sedated
10-16-2006, 09:37 AM
We might have continued to pass the ball in some blowouts, but I don't remember us ever going for it on 4th down when up by 20+ pionts in the 4th quarter.

I'd expect that from the rat, but not the chin

C-Mac
10-16-2006, 09:48 AM
We might have continued to pass the ball in some blowouts, but I don't remember us ever going for it on 4th down when up by 20+ pionts in the 4th quarter.

Agreed.

burt
10-16-2006, 10:04 AM
I hat Cowher...always have, always will....but I have no problem with his late game play calling.

HC_Chief
10-16-2006, 10:07 AM
I would have kicked the FG myself.

Can't blame Cowher for going for it though... the O was in cruise control and the D was kicking ass. Go for it, will probably score. Fail, you've got your opponent backup up to their own goal line; and the way the D was playing, that meant a very good chance at a safety.

The KC D should have stopped them. It's that simple. They played like crap and they got stomped.

Rising Sun
10-16-2006, 11:29 AM
Maybe all of the people pissed at Cowher should be pissed at our chiefs instead. Theres no excuse for that performance. No pro team should ever be in the position for something like this to be a topic.

StcChief
10-16-2006, 11:37 AM
Is score differential a TIE BREAKER for playoffs.

Last time a checked it is.

If I'm coach, I score whenever possible period.

Mr. Laz
10-16-2006, 11:41 AM
Man up - yea, the chiefs should of stood up and not let themselves get blown out. They are a bunch of possies .... we've known that for years.

not one of them stood up from Green when he got the cheap shot from Geathers and none of them knew what to do when the Steelers punched them in the mouth and took their favorite toy.

:shrug:

that still doesn't make Cowher running up the score any better.

chiefs = possies
cowher = classless

the two things aren't mutually exclusive.

vailpass
10-16-2006, 11:43 AM

Even if it means hurting some sally-ass opposing fan's feelings?

StcChief
10-16-2006, 11:47 AM
Even if it means hurting some sally-ass opposing fan's feelings? Yeah. Not worried about fan's opinions.

Playing time for the Backups....I would do that.

What did Marty do with LJ 4 TD's... trying out score our 41-0 40Whiner score. ???

Late in the game when your tired, other team is pissed off, is when things can happen. He looks like a fool if LJ/Gates go down for not pulling them playing backups.

HemiEd
10-16-2006, 11:50 AM
Even if it means hurting some sally-ass opposing fan's feelings?

I wish your Rat would have done that last night, the Broncos could have easily covered.

Easy 6
10-16-2006, 11:51 AM

If that IS the case, then i could view it as a legit move, though i still dont have to like it. vailpass, when the donx find themselves in a similar situation, and i hope they do, one can only hope you are as stoic as you proclaim to be.

DaFace
10-16-2006, 11:54 AM
I'm lazy and haven't read the thread. It annoyed me that he went for it on 4th, but that's part of the game. It's not like we let up against the Niners a few weeks back.

pr_capone
10-16-2006, 11:54 AM

I thought that record against division opponents was the tie breaker for going into the playoffs.

StcChief
10-16-2006, 12:04 PM
I thought that record against division opponents was the tie breaker for going into the playoffs.

Their are several tie breakers...I can't find it now at nfl.com

But one is score differential common opponents in Conference.

I wouldn't want to lose a tiebreaker for not trying to score.

vailpass
10-16-2006, 12:13 PM
I wish your Rat would have done that last night, the Broncos could have easily covered.

Howdy Ed,
Sounds like you might have bet the Denver game? Sorry if you didn't win.
I don't look for the Broncos to be putting up big scoring numbers this year.

Tough game for your guys yesterday. Hali and Allen looked good though.

vailpass
10-16-2006, 12:16 PM
If that IS the case, then i could view it as a legit move, though i still dont have to like it. vailpass, when the donx find themselves in a similar situation, and i hope they do, one can only hope you are as stoic as you proclaim to be.

Do I know you? Has your n00bness been Skip tested and MOhillbilly approved?

DaFace
10-16-2006, 12:21 PM

Skip's gone soft after being berated by a few. However, scott free hasn't proven himself to be an idiot yet, IMO.

Calcountry
10-16-2006, 12:25 PM
This is the National Football League. Of course Cowher was going to go for it. What did you expect? That is the way professional football is played. Toughen up. If you do not like it, do not put yourself in that position.Hi Mecca, how was your weekend?

Easy 6
10-16-2006, 12:27 PM
Much like yourself i will prolly be here awhile, so perhaps we can make the effort to get to know one another. As for those guys you would have to ask them.

HemiEd
10-16-2006, 12:30 PM

I think Cowhard was making a concerted effort to play up to the fans in this game. He made a very big production out of the challenge flag. Somehow, I think he will pay for this at another time. It has been my observation that is not a good idea to show a team up in the NFL.
I was more than just a little pissed at him during this game. He will get his.

vailpass
10-16-2006, 12:37 PM
Skip's gone soft after being berated by a few. However, scott free hasn't proven himself to be an idiot yet, IMO.

The Skipper gone soft? Say it ain't so! Maybe he has temporarily backed off but he'll be back to serve the purpose on this board which the intarweb god's intended.

ScottFree seems to be a good addition for you guys. Like most when they first arrive he is a hard charger but it will turn from a sprint to a marathon with him I think.

Predarat
10-16-2006, 12:52 PM
Someone from the Chiefs should have taken a run at their holder during the extra point attempt.

Rising Sun
10-16-2006, 01:02 PM
I think Cowhard was making a concerted effort to play up to the fans in this game. He made a very big production out of the challenge flag. Somehow, I think he will pay for this at another time. It has been my observation that is not a good idea to show a team up in the NFL.
I was more than just a little pissed at him during this game. He will get his.

Show up a team? The chiefs are responsible for being shown up. Cowher did the right thing. Im a die hard chiefs fan myself, but the sour grapes should be toward our team, not the steelers and cowher. Its not Cowhers fault that our team wasnt prepared to play a big time game on the road. Honestly, would you feel better if he had kicked that field goal instead and we lost 41-7 instead? It doesnt make a bit of difference, because either way we got our asses handed to us. 45 points is not running up the score. If the Steelers had put up 70 or 80, it would be a legitimate arguement.

svuba
10-16-2006, 02:25 PM
Show up a team? The chiefs are responsible for being shown up. Cowher did the right thing. Im a die hard chiefs fan myself, but the sour grapes should be toward our team, not the steelers and cowher. Its not Cowhers fault that our team wasnt prepared to play a big time game on the road. Honestly, would you feel better if he had kicked that field goal instead and we lost 41-7 instead? It doesnt make a bit of difference, because either way we got our asses handed to us. 45 points is not running up the score. If the Steelers had put up 70 or 80, it would be a legitimate arguement.

Absolutly agree, I hate this "running up the score" sensitivity.

I want to see scoring, and I don't want my team to back down. Take the starters out after your up by 30, but don't stop scoring. If the pansies can't handle the A$$-whupin maybe they should try to tackle somebody?
This isn't pee-wee Ball, if your feelings get hurt that easily choose a new career.

Mosbonian
10-16-2006, 05:15 PM
Absolutly agree, I hate this "running up the score" sensitivity.

I want to see scoring, and I don't want my team to back down. Take the starters out after your up by 30, but don't stop scoring. If the pansies can't handle the A$$-whupin maybe they should try to tackle somebody?
This isn't pee-wee Ball, if your feelings get hurt that easily choose a new career.

I could care less about the "running up the score sensitivity" arguments that everyone is making.

But you also don't rub someone's face in the dogshit....that stuff comes back to haunt you, maybe not this year but at a time when convenient for the person you have pissed on.

More than anything, it's not the score that bothered me..it's his actions. You can bet any amount of money that Cowher would have been screaming "foul" at the top of his lungs if the roles had been reversed.

mmaddog

rocks
10-16-2006, 05:59 PM
I agree and I have lost respect for Cowher but damn! A little D maybe. The D game plan was all wrong. Cowher still sucks though!

Rising Sun
10-16-2006, 06:34 PM
I could care less about the "running up the score sensitivity" arguments that everyone is making.

But you also don't rub someone's face in the dogshit....that stuff comes back to haunt you, maybe not this year but at a time when convenient for the person you have pissed on.

More than anything, it's not the score that bothered me..it's his actions. You can bet any amount of money that Cowher would have been screaming "foul" at the top of his lungs if the roles had been reversed.

mmaddog

Come on. He pulled his starters. What more did you want him to do? You cant tell the backup guys that practice their asses off all year that when they finally get in a game they cant play, that they have to ease up and half ass it because the opposing team cant keep their end of the deal. Its the NFL, you should have enough pride, heart and talent not to give up 45 points.

DJay23
10-16-2006, 06:41 PM
I read two whole replies in this thread. My response to the thread starter is this: If you don't like it, maybe try stopping them from scoring. There are no ethics in football, only whiny pussies who can't take the heat when their team sucks hairy ass.

Mosbonian
10-16-2006, 06:57 PM
Come on. He pulled his starters. What more did you want him to do? You cant tell the backup guys that practice their asses off all year that when they finally get in a game they cant play, that they have to ease up and half ass it because the opposing team cant keep their end of the deal. Its the NFL, you should have enough pride, heart and talent not to give up 45 points.

When did he pull the starters.....because that was Davenport scoring on that drive and he played pretty much the whole game. Was Big Ben still in there?

There's a difference between letting your guys play and score, and throwing the challenge flag when you are up by 30. One I have no problem with (letting the players play)...the other (challenging up by 30) is nothing more than being a $hita$$.

Color it all you want, but that was a f-ed up thing to do. I hope that someone stomps a mudhole in their ass sometime this year...running up the score on them too. Watch all the bitching they do.

You are right about one thing.....we should have enough heart to not let them score 45 on us.

mmaddog

mlyonsd
10-16-2006, 07:03 PM
It looked to me like Cowher was doing Edwards a favor by running plays so our defense could get in some practice.

Spott
10-16-2006, 07:14 PM
The existence of this thread makes Chiefs fans look like a bunch of pussies.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-29-2007, 01:28 AM
Bump in light of the GOATSE thread.

chagrin
10-29-2007, 07:14 AM
Bump in light of the GOATSE thread.

Yeah, we need two threads about this :rolleyes:

Rausch
10-29-2007, 07:42 AM
There's nothing I'd love more than to watch Herm drive up the score on the Donks...