PDA

View Full Version : Game Goat

Toad
10-15-2006, 09:05 PM
Knowing that it's human nature to pin blame, who should be the Chiefs player(s) to be the game goat?

the Talking Can
10-15-2006, 09:06 PM
Herm

mac58
10-15-2006, 09:07 PM
Ty Law if anyone. . .he let up 2 huge plays one being a TD

Mama Hip Rockets
everyone on the defense and offense

SLAG
Jordan Black... and Ryan Sims...

Bwana
o l

doomy3
10-15-2006, 09:08 PM
I would say our safety play. They continually looked clueless, and they really put us behind the eightball right from the getgo.

Deberg_1990
10-15-2006, 09:08 PM
This was a complete team collapse......

no one is excempt except maybe the kickers.....All these dudes need to look themselves in the mirror....

Rain Man
10-15-2006, 09:09 PM
I'm not sure which o-lineman played the worst. Black is the traditional pick, but I also saw Sampson being thrown around like Lawrence Phillips' girlfriend out there.

Halfcan
10-15-2006, 09:10 PM
Our DT's were terrible, tackling was a joke, we were outcoached, played without passion, Ty was terrible, and Solari needs to be fired.

Toad
10-15-2006, 09:10 PM
For the record, I think it was the safety play in general.

Rain Man
10-15-2006, 09:12 PM
I know it's popular to pick on Kendrell Bell, but the few plays where I saw him today were generally in situations where he was being dominated as a running back was running by him.

Bwana
10-15-2006, 09:12 PM
I'm not sure which o-lineman played the worst. Black is the traditional pick, but I also saw Sampson being thrown around like Lawrence Phillips' girlfriend out there.

I know I am going to hell for this, but that made me LMAO........nice.

ROFL

Deberg_1990
10-15-2006, 09:13 PM
Our DT's were terrible, tackling was a joke, we were outcoached, played without passion, Ty was terrible, and Solari needs to be fired.

Solari but not Gun?? Everyone was terrible today...From Lamar Hunt on down to the ball boys.

PastorMikH
10-15-2006, 09:17 PM
Where's Larry Johnson in that list?

I'd say 15 carries for 26 yards and 3 catches for 6 yards when you are supposed to be a pro-bowl RB isn't cutting the mustard. Every RB has a bad game once and a while. But LJ has 62 total yards rushing in the last 2 games and take away his one long pass last week and he has a total of 32 yards recieving. Take away the one 78 yard pass last week and his combined totals for the last 2 weeks don't reach 100 yards.

Probowl RBs FIND a way to produce. LJ's ineptness can't be laid totally on the back of the O-Line. When Roaf and Welbourne were out last season he produced. A Top-tiered RB would find a way to produce.

Why is it a when a Player finally "Arives" he quits trying?

I wonder if SD will keep him under 25 yards rushing. It is definately possible.

Deberg_1990
10-15-2006, 09:20 PM

I'd say 15 carries for 26 yards and 3 catches for 6 yards when you are supposed to be a pro-bowl RB isn't cutting the mustard. Every RB has a bad game once and a while. But LJ has 62 total yards rushing in the last 2 games and take away his one long pass last week and he has a total of 32 yards recieving. Take away the one 78 yard pass last week and his combined totals for the last 2 weeks don't reach 100 yards.

Probowl RBs FIND a way to produce. LJ's ineptness can't be laid totally on the back of the O-Line. When Roaf and Welbourne were out last season he produced. A Top-tiered RB would find a way to produce.

I couldnt agree more. He supposed to be the stud and carry the team on its back when other areas are lacking. He doesnt appear to be much of a leader or want to be one. Its frustrasting....

LT and Alexander have nothing to fear. They are still the best...

FAX
So much went wrong that it's difficult to determine what - exactly - went wrong.

Therefore, I say Herm - since he's the one who's supposed to be responsible for the team's performance on the field.

FAX

PastorMikH
There's also the entire D. Where were they today? Where was the D that has been playing the entire year? This was a Pittsburg O that has looked terrible over the last 3-4 weeks and we made them look like an allpro unit.

There isn't ONE PLAYER on this D that should be exempt from wrath this week.

B2chiefsfan

Get ready for a repeat performance.........SD will shut down LJ.

PastorMikH
10-15-2006, 09:22 PM
The ONLY person on this team that did a great job today was our Punter. And if everyone else does their job, he doesn't even step on the field.

Rain Man
10-15-2006, 09:22 PM
There's also the entire D. Where were they today? Where was the D that has been playing the entire year? This was a Pittsburg O that has looked terrible over the last 3-4 weeks and we made them look like an allpro unit.

Hali and Allen were working hard out there. I've got no issue with them.

Toad
10-15-2006, 09:23 PM

Crap, I blew not putting LJ on there. Sorry. I don't know how to update a poll (I know I just teed up a joke there).

Pretty much agree with everything you are saying about LJ. Plus I thought the hair pulling thing was in excess IMHO.

milkman
10-15-2006, 09:23 PM
Rich Scanlon is the only player on the team that didn't suck today.

FAX
10-15-2006, 09:24 PM

I don't know, Mr. PastorMikH. Ja-red and Tamba played with a lot of hustle and energy. They gave the impression that they were trying to win the game. I wouldn't throw those babies out with the hermwater.

FAX

PastorMikH
10-15-2006, 09:24 PM
Get ready for a repeat performance.........SD will shut down LJ.

SD will have LJ doing tricks for them before the first half is over.

Priest, if you are reading, we really, really, REALLY need you back.

I am quite sure that given the same hand, Priest would have found a way to produce. He may not have had a career day, but he wouldn't have laid down and died like LJ did.

PastorMikH
10-15-2006, 09:27 PM
I don't know, Mr. PastorMikH. Ja-red and Tamba played with a lot of hustle and energy. They gave the impression that they were trying to win the game. I wouldn't throw those babies out with the hermwater.

FAX

Honestly, both were overpersuing and getting into the backfield while the RB was shooting out between the tackles. Then when they would hit him, they'd push the RB 2-3 yards towards the first down mark.

Had either one of them rattled Big Ben, not even a sack, just make him hurry instead of having 20 minutes to decide where to throw the ball, if would have helped the rest of the D out a lot.

Even Allen and Hali don't get a pass from me today.

Rain Man
10-15-2006, 09:27 PM

FAX

Stop stealing my thoughts. I'm about to propose something to my wife.

PastorMikH
10-15-2006, 09:29 PM
I still can't believe seeing Hicks in there - walking past a pile of defenders trying to tackle the RB (THAT WAS NOT YET DOWN), as I said walking past the pile towards the sideline.

:shake:

Right now that is the only play I wish to re-watch.

SPchief
10-15-2006, 09:32 PM
we made them look like an allpro unit.

Just to clarify for Ljmvp. Do you mean an allpro unit, or a pro bowl unit? Because according to him the two are vastly different.

PastorMikH
10-15-2006, 09:35 PM
Just to clarify for Ljmvp. Do you mean an allpro unit, or a pro bowl unit? Because according to him the two are vastly different.

I'll go as far as to say IMO we made Pittsburg look like they had Hall of Famers at every position.

DJ's left nut
10-15-2006, 10:37 PM
Ty Law if anyone. . .he let up 2 huge plays one being a TD

Agreed, there's no telling what happens if Law keeps his feet and sticks Santonio Holmes.

Heinz field was going nuts after that play. If we can get the stop there (it was 3rd down), the offense gets better field position and things could have been different.

Not saying that there's any one player that deserves to be singled out for their suckitude, however, gun to the head, I'd put the horns on Law for today's debacle.

Sure-Oz
10-15-2006, 10:46 PM

Where's EDGE??? Oh wait, his Oline sucks too, maybe that is why he hasn't done shiznit all year??

Skip Towne
10-15-2006, 10:47 PM
Did anyone else see Jared Allen catch their RB from behind? If that ain't hustle I don't know what is.

Sure-Oz
10-15-2006, 10:49 PM
Did anyone else see Jared Allen catch their RB from behind? If that ain't hustle I don't know what is.
That was a pretty awesome play by Alchy.

Skip Towne
10-15-2006, 11:03 PM
That was a pretty awesome play by Alchy.
I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I knew he had better than average speed but a 270 lb DE outunning a good RB?

|Zach|
10-15-2006, 11:05 PM
http://www.lyonshel.com/custom/goat.jpg

blueballs
10-15-2006, 11:07 PM
even good teams have games like this
but I'm too depressed to look it up

BigRock
10-15-2006, 11:07 PM
I agree totally. I hated when LJ gave up on that Huard INT. You could just see the quit in him when he ran down Polamalu and tackled him to prevent the TD. And last week when he kept getting bottled up and couldn't break anything, you could tell he had already quit when he broke a little screen pass into an 80 yard gain that let us win the game.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This just in, Damon Huard is our quarterback. Our offensive line is not very good anymore. The #1 item on defensive checklists is "STOP LARRY JOHNSON", typed in bold print and underlined twice. And Larry himself is surely nowhere near 100% after nearly getting his head rotated last week.

And this is the first game that he hasn't accounted for at least 100 yards of offense. And you're calling him a quitter? You're saying HE'S to blame?

PastorMikH
10-15-2006, 11:14 PM
And this is the first game that he hasn't accounted for at least a 100 yards of offense. And you're calling him a quitter?

Take away 1 play last week and his production was at the same place as this week.

I'm not calling him a quitter, but I am saying that I don't think he's giving anywhere near the effort that he's capable of. As I stated earlier on another thread, last year LJ got the ball and ran over people. It took 3-4 sometimes more people hitting him to take him down. He's going down now with slap contact.

PastorMikH
10-15-2006, 11:15 PM
Where's EDGE??? Oh wait, his Oline sucks too, maybe that is why he hasn't done all year??

Actually, he's got more rushing yards than LJ and he's in a new system.

BigRock
10-15-2006, 11:37 PM
Take away 1 play last week and his production was at the same place as this week.
And? The play happened, didn't it? It counted, right? He kept getting little gains and little gains and then BOOM, he busted something wide open.

He made something happen. He found a way. That's exactly what you're criticizing him for NOT doing.

I'm not calling him a quitter, but I am saying that I don't think he's giving anywhere near the effort that he's capable of. As I stated earlier on another thread, last year LJ got the ball and ran over people. It took 3-4 sometimes more people hitting him to take him down. He's going down now with slap contact.
How is he supposed to run people over when they're hitting him in the backfield? And if they're not hitting him there, he's running into a wall at the line of scrimmage. He has to have at least a few steps to build momentum. Nobody's going to take two steps and run over someone who's charging forward at them.

Did you see the HBO footage? Did you see how pissed he was in the 49'ers game? He didn't exactly look like someone who wasn't giving all his effort.

DenverChief
10-15-2006, 11:40 PM

Maybe it has to do with the fact he is the sole healthy RB on the team right now.....

PastorMikH
10-15-2006, 11:47 PM
And? The play happened, didn't it? It counted, right? He kept getting little gains and little gains and then BOOM, he busted something wide open.

He made something happen. He found a way. That's exactly what you're criticizing him for NOT doing.

How is he supposed to run people over when they're hitting him in the backfield? And if they're not hitting him there, he's running into a wall at the line of scrimmage. He has to have at least a few steps to build momentum. Nobody's going to take two steps and run over someone who's charging forward at them.

Did you see the HBO footage? Did you see how pissed he was in the 49'ers game? He didn't exactly look like someone who wasn't giving all his effort.

Ok, Ok, I give. LJ is awesome. It isn't LJ's fault. Let's blame everything else and everyone else but LJ. It's Solari, Herm, Black, Huard, Tony, the D, the fans, Carl, Lamar. Shoot, if Green hadn't ran, he wouldn't have gotten hurt, it's his fault. It's Geather's fault for knocking Green out. It's the NFL's fault for the officiating. It's the grounds keeper's fault for mowing the grass too short. I can go on with excuses all night.

Great players rise above the circumstances on the field and find a way to produce. LJ has potential to be great but he's got a ways to go before he is a great player. And he needs a coach that will push him to be a great player, not just a coach that will keep feeding him the ball time after time hoping that the next play will be different than the last 20.

dr00d
10-15-2006, 11:48 PM
yay! we suck

BigRock
10-16-2006, 12:39 AM
I can go on with excuses all night.
I liked "the grass is too short", but if you can top your "Larry Johnson isn't trying hard enough, he doesn't need blocking, he should magically run through the people who are stacking the box and hitting him two steps after he's handed the ball" one, I'll be impressed.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-16-2006, 01:51 AM
Great running backs can produce with marginal blocking and subpar blocking. They can't survive horrible blocking, and that's what he's had all year. I'm beginning to wonder if Roaf leaving castrated Waters and Wiegmann too (Shields is clearly too old at this point, and I'm not going to throw him under the bus, the guy busted his ass, even on the Croyle pick)

patteeu
10-16-2006, 06:27 AM

I agree with this. I think the O-Line is the biggest problem on the team, but LJ has not looked good to me this season. On the goal line, I want a back that is going to hit the hole hard and push the pile or leap over the top, but LJ has been consistently stopping at the line of scrimage to wait for a hole to open. Some might dress that up as patience, but to me it's a loss of momentum. I know it worked out OK for LJ one time yesterday, but that run looked harder than it had to be and on other occasions it didn't work out so well.

patteeu
10-16-2006, 06:31 AM

More often than not, and especially in short yardage/goal line situations, he isn't "running" into a wall, he's "tiptoeing" into it.

Easy 6
10-16-2006, 06:43 AM
If i had to boil it all down it'd look like this...1)Herm 2)Solari 3)O-line 4)DT's. But my special ire must go to the DT's, they were gettin' mashed 2,3,4 yards off the LOS all the live long day.

Skip Towne
10-16-2006, 07:22 AM
I agree with this. I think the O-Line is the biggest problem on the team, but LJ has not looked good to me this season. On the goal line, I want a back that is going to hit the hole hard and push the pile or leap over the top, but LJ has been consistently stopping at the line of scrimage to wait for a hole to open. Some might dress that up as patience, but to me it's a loss of momentum. I know it worked out OK for LJ one time yesterday, but that run looked harder than it had to be and on other occasions it didn't work out so well.
I think you're right. I think Priest taught LJ that patience crap. And it does work if you have a great O-line. Priest waited for his blockers and did very well with that. It was his style. But LJ has size and speed and needs to use it. Instead of waiting for a hole to open (which isn't happening) LJ needs to find a weak spot and charge through it.

PastorMikH
10-16-2006, 07:31 AM
I liked "the grass is too short", but if you can top your "Larry Johnson isn't trying hard enough, he doesn't need blocking, he should magically run through the people who are stacking the box and hitting him two steps after he's handed the ball" one, I'll be impressed.

My point of view is this, LJ is a top-tiered RB but he he's running sub-par right now and he needs a kickstart. I, as well as many others, complained about the way DV handled him, but it sure looks like LJ needed it. Going into the next game, if he's running like he has been (tip-toeing, not hitting gaps, or plowing ahead) and he's averaging 2 ypc or less, (especially if he's putting the ball on the grass) halfway through the third quarter put him on the bench for the rest of the game. Then come out the next week and state your starting Brown, Bennet or even Ross for that matter. Then, have LJ sit the first 3-4 plays the next week before sending him in. I'd be willing to bet that he will come out on fire and could run forward with 12 men in the box and I will also bet he doesn't put the ball on the ground either.

Sure there's blame to be laid on the O-linemen. Great lineman make marginal backs look good, and great RBs make marginal linemen look good.

kc rush
10-16-2006, 08:12 AM
No one is blameless for this one. When all phases of the game perform this badly, most of the blame should go to the head coach for not having the team and the rest of the coaching staff prepared.

What an embarrassment. I turned it off at 28-0 because it wasn’t worth my frustration and the inanimate objects around my house didn’t deserve the abuse they received.

redbrian
10-16-2006, 08:36 AM
I would have to put the full blame on Herm for this one.

My opinion is that he is trying to force the offense into being something that they are not.
I don’t think it was Solari’s idea to run, run and run some more (if so he needs to be dumped). I think this has Herms hand all over it.

The Chiefs are not a run dominated team; they need to do play action and deep plays 50% or more of the time. It has to be a balanced attack between the run and passing.

I also think this should put to rest the (so called) qb controversy, Haurd was not terrible but he sure was not good by any standard, we need Green on the field ASAP.

greg63
10-16-2006, 10:12 AM
How about we start with these guys...

greg63
10-16-2006, 10:18 AM
And, then move on to these guys...

PastorMikH
10-16-2006, 10:32 AM
I would have to put the full blame on Herm for this one.

My opinion is that he is trying to force the offense into being something that they are not.
I don’t think it was Solari’s idea to run, run and run some more (if so he needs to be dumped). I think this has Herms hand all over it.

The Chiefs are not a run dominated team; they need to do play action and deep plays 50% or more of the time. It has to be a balanced attack between the run and passing.

I also think this should put to rest the (so called) qb controversy, Haurd was not terrible but he sure was not good by any standard, we need Green on the field ASAP.

I just took a look at the play by play. The fact is we threw twice as many times as we ran yesterday.

In the first half they tried to stay with some balance with 9 runs to 11 passes. Problem is, neither the run nor the pass worked. Huard couldn't hit recievers, recievers couldn't catch, LJ couldn't run and the line couldn't block. Absolutely nothing they did worked.

And IMO there has NEVER been a QB controversy.

Plain and simple, we were outcoached and outplayed.

Rain Man
10-16-2006, 02:07 PM

We should give this play more air time on the board. It was one of the most impressive plays I've ever seen by a defensive lineman in the league, not just on the Chiefs.

HC_Chief
10-16-2006, 02:08 PM
We should give this play more air time on the board. It was one of the most impressive plays I've ever seen by a defensive lineman in the league, not just on the Chiefs.

Yep. We need a few more players like him.

HemiEd
10-16-2006, 02:24 PM
Ty Law and any other player that did not change their spikes as they were instructed.